amiibo Deals and Discussion Thread

no658ea3

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
So the last one was locked, here is the new one.

Don't talk politics or argue.

Don't piss off the mods with reporting posts. If you can't take what someone else is saying don't report them unless it violates the rules of CAG.

Trades are done here amiibo Master Trade Thread

For updates on amiibo check Amiibo Alerts and Amiibo News on Twitter

Master List of amiibo and product details from reddit

Retailers that sell amiibo

Best Buy- Rember that amiibo are 20% off with GCU

Amazon

Toys R Us

Gamestop

Walmart

Target

Credit to Modoru for next section.

Imports/Other sellers:
AmiAmi
PlayAsia
GoHastings
Meijer
Nintendo World Store [NY Location, In-Store only]

Foreign Amazon links:

Amazon UK
Amazon GER

Amazon SPN
Amazon ITA

amiibo compatibility chart

screenshot.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Two days ago, I added Magnamalo amiibo to my cart only to see $5.99 shipping was unavailable. I added the other two MHR amiibo to cart and saw $2.99 two-hour delivery was available on all three. I clicked through the order process expecting it to fail. About four hours later, a doordash dude dropped them all off in pristine condition - just no box or bag. I'll take it even if it wasn't the promised two hours!

How can doordash be $2.99 while five day shipping is $5.99!? WTF!

How can doordash be $2.99 while five day shipping is $5.99!? WTF!
It's because the cost is being subsidized by doordash to get folks to try it out and accept that it works. Companies do it all the time. It may be $2.99 to us out of pocket, but that's not the actual cost. Eventually, the promo price will stop since the company won't want to keep losing money to get people to try it.

Does anyone know where it's even possible to buy a whole box of animal crossing amiibo cards? I seen a site in Australia that sells them but they don't ship over seas and idk if a forwarding service would work.

Was just able to place an in-store pickup order for the Metroid Dread Amiibo's at my local store for next week.

Hopefully others can get them also.

Well, I've missed 2 separate Target restocks now, ironically enough because I was playing Metroid Dread. Got an order in at BB yesterday, so we'll see what happens. I've had to return 2 so far, as they both came damaged.

Just ordered through gamestop the dread bundle and ridley. Hoping it goes through. I regretted not trying for ridley before.

My Target had a stack of Sanrio Amiibo cards yesterday. First time they've had them since release. Picked up two packs: one for niece, one for her friend.

No gamestops got them for instore purchase apparently but were still getting orders for them somehow. Corporate sent out a memo saying for stores not to fulfill the orders even though they didnt get the product. Sounds kinda stupid.

My BB order of one Series 5 pack shipped today and should arrive tomorrow. I'm hoping they'll have more stock tomorrow so I can get one for each nephew and niece.

My Store said they are prepping for Black Friday week so they had alot of Stock they were putting out, mainly collectibles

of Note they had 10 Metroid Dread amiibos

So people are reporting that GameStop repackaged the amiibo figures and amiibo cards that came with Amiibo Festival for the Wii U.  They are charging $25 for the 2 figures and $25 for the 3 cards. Absolutely ridiculous.

They were totally relying on people going in today for the series 5 amiibo cards, getting disappointed that there weren’t any, but picking these up instead.  

Anyone finding the animal crossing cards in any stores? Target said they never got them and I didn't see them online at all yet. Amazon keeps fluctuating but 1 per account. Never thought it would be this hard to get.

Anyone finding the animal crossing cards in any stores? Target said they never got them and I didn't see them online at all yet. Amazon keeps fluctuating but 1 per account. Never thought it would be this hard to get.
Hopefully they are like the Sanrio amiibo cards and just show up en masse months later.

Haven't seen the cards in store yet.

Got my pre-order pack from BB yesterday. Gave it to my nephew. He got Sasha, Judy, Cahbwick, Ace, Dom, and KK. Have another two packs coming from WM, hopefully next week, for my niece and her friend.

Almost scored a pack (trying to get 4 for x-mas) on Amazon but my wife had a bunch of crap in the cart and by the time I "saved it for later" the cards were unavailable...sigh.

Cards were available in store at target on Friday, huge line before the store opened.

[attachment=36303:1BF7FBBD-8695-4F94-87B0-D9C95731CD93.jpeg]

Had to pay $$$ on ebay to import one from Australia, they are the same except its 25 packs for 3 cards.
You sure about that? I've heard that Australian cards are the same as European cards, which have 4 different versions of the character names on them instead of 2 like US cards

I had a few packs delivered today that I still need to open but already have quite a few extras that I’d be looking to trade for those I’m missing. I’ll probably post a trade thread in a couple days if anyone is interested.

I had a few packs delivered today that I still need to open but already have quite a few extras that I’d be looking to trade for those I’m missing. I’ll probably post a trade thread in a couple days if anyone is interested.
I would be up for that. Got 8 packs & couldn’t get all the regular cards, even got a repeat SP.

After years of not buying any AC card packs, I bought a series 3 and 5 pack this past month. I have these mini card albums that I bought when the cards were first released, but seems like they’re out of print now. Wish I grabbed more of them.

The series 5 cards are a bunch of bs. Half the set are limited to 1 per pack. So in theory, youd need to get 24 packs and hope for no doubles to get the full set. that will leave you with 94 extra cards at a cost of $144. Nintendo always making that sleazy cash

The series 5 cards are a bunch of bs. Half the set are limited to 1 per pack. So in theory, youd need to get 24 packs and hope for no doubles to get the full set. that will leave you with 94 extra cards at a cost of $144. Nintendo always making that sleazy cash
I see someone has never dipped their toes into the world of collectable card games in general

Just got a cancellation email from WM on two Amiibo card packs ordered 11/5. Knew I should have gone with Amazon when they had them. I’ll keep an eye out for restocks.

-Update- Amazon got stock again this morning (6am est). Ordered one and another on my sister's account. Her kids are covered now.

If enough people are looking for singles like you are, you can always flip the ones you don't want for your money back all depending on luck of course. Otherwise just buy the single you're looking for and move on.

All card companies make the same kind of sleazy cash, it is not exclusive to Nintendo.

Managed to find a target with cards but they were limited to 1 a person, so I now have 2 whole packs of the set lol.

Since it seems like it'll be impossible to actually collect them due to the limitations, I'll likely just sell them off individually

And this is coming from someone who buys boxes of Magic boosters. This scalping plus the stock issues is insane

Managed to find a target with cards but they were limited to 1 a person, so I now have 2 whole packs of the set lol.

Since it seems like it'll be impossible to actually collect them due to the limitations, I'll likely just sell them off individually

And this is coming from someone who buys boxes of Magic boosters. This scalping plus the stock issues is insane
I managed to get 11 packs and even with 55 villager cards I wasn’t able to get all 24. I am missing 3. That just feels wrong. Heck I got 3 repeats on the special cards too.

bread's done
Back