Amiibos Currently Available and for Pre-order. Wave 4 announced *Do not post trades here!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJunior195

CAGiversary!
This warning goes for everyone but especially the cag in training/newbies.

Use the report button if anyone repeatedly violates any of the above.
If there are any sales or important updates, message me so I can post it on the first page rather than people scrolling through every page.
Ill keep the list updated for new amiibos and when they are on sale.
The average cost for the Amiibos are usually priced at $12.99.
Toys R Us
*None
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=bfbogoamiibo&keywords=bfbogoamiibo&origkw=bfbogoamiibo&sr=1
Best Buy
*GCU - 20% off
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/amiibo-wave-1-129222

Gohasting

http://www.gohastings.com/catalog/search_all.cmd?form_state=global-search-form-form&keywords=amiibos&search-button.x=0&search-button.y=0&search-button=true&productType=0&query=&form_state=siteSearchForm&department=AllSearch&departmentName=AllSearch&dynamic=&search=true&source=global&condition=0

Target

*Tracker
http://brickseek.com/sets/target_inventory
Wave 1
207-00-5001 - Mario
207-00-5002 - Pikachu
207-00-5003 - Link
207-00-5004 - Peach
207-00-5005 - Yoshi
207-00-5006 - Donkey Kong
207-00-5007 - Kirby
207-00-5008 - Villager
207-00-5009 - Fox
207-00-5010 - Samus
207-00-5011 - Marth
207-00-5012 - Wii Fit Trainer
Wave 2
207-00-5013 - Luigi
207-00-5014 - Zelda
207-00-5015 - Little Mac
207-00-5016 - Diddy Kong
207-00-5017 - Pit
207-00-5018 - Captain Falcon
*None
http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=amiibos&category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories&lnk=snav_sbox_amiibos
Gamestop

*None
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibos,28zu0
Walmart
*None
http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=amiibos

Updates

* There would be reprints for Marth in the upcoming months

* Wave 4 amiibos announced

B7UPexZIUAA5gRl.png

* A new set of amiibos would be available for the Super Mario

B7UPmCMIMAAi1HR.png

Exclusives [2/2015]
Lucario [Toys R Us Exclusive]
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54369136&cp=&parentPage=search
_lrH7VVPKTKAXTiCdd1R8Dcx-Emp5TMQ.png

Shulk [Gamestop Exclusive]
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/shulk-amiibo-figure-gamestop-exclusive/118681?affid=9797%26cid=ppc_60000004&u1=7240463.38-1012976
DCM0pGkZEV1nlOWgx-PpxcU_JnaORLNG.png

Meta Knight [Best Buy Exclusive]
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-meta-knight-multi/1375009.p?id=1219489217565&skuId=1375009&productCategoryId=pcmcat306400050032&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-Hw7UDBCoIhfOJkja3R_y6g
bpL072E86FmMX9R5dBvxCNappm5X1-cm.png

Rosalina and Luma [Target Exclusive]
*Currently not live for pre-order
http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-amiibo-rosalina-luma-tgt-ex/-/A-16811585#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=rosalina+amiibo
UPWu9Hs43URr1uIPCpbUMegdXYIa0FkS.png

Wave 1: Currently Available
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
The Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor
Wave 2 [12/14/2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Pre-order
Wave 3 [2/2015]
Mega Man
Sonic
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
King Dedede
Ike

Wave 4 [Spring/2015]

Robin

Lucina

Ness

PacMan

Charizard

Wario

Wave 5(?) [3/2015]

Mario

Peach

Luigi

Bowser

Yoshi

Toad

Last edited by a moderator:
That's basically how I feel. I don't think Nintendo cares one bit about the reseller or collector market. Nintendo wants to make as much money as they can, and it would be foolish of them not to produce more of the rare Amiibos and profit off that themselves rather than letting resellers make bank.
Yep, I don't think Nintendo cares at all about resellers. And why should they?

I am picturing something like trading cards. Soundo like you guys may be thinking something more like credit cards but without that little strip I guess. I am not a fan of either idea but the latter sounds terrible.
Have you ever seen people flash a card to open a door? NFC in cards are not expensive or hard to do. It's also extremely common.

I am picturing something like trading cards. Soundo like you guys may be thinking something more like credit cards but without that little strip I guess. I am not a fan of either idea but the latter sounds terrible.
This could be achieved in several ways. By using the camera on the gamepad, you could scan the image of the card. If you did that though, anyone could print out an image and get the same effect... that's how Eye of Judgement on PS3 did it and everyone just scanned the images and the EyeToy wouldn't be able to detect fakes.

The same thing could be achieved by having a card reader, similar to what animal crossing had with the e-Reader. This would allow Nintendo to sell an additional accessory and makes a lot of sense.

The last one I could imagine is to have the same logic device found in the amiibos inserted into the cards. That would scream for someone to take it apart and figure out how to make replicas.

Yep, I don't think Nintendo cares at all about resellers. And why should they?

Have you ever seen people flash a card to open a door? NFC in cards are not expensive or hard to do. It's also extremely common.
Again, I get it, still sounds awful.
This could be achieved in several ways. By using the camera on the gamepad, you could scan the image of the card. If you did that though, anyone could print out an image and get the same effect... that's how Eye of Judgement on PS3 did it and everyone just scanned the images and the EyeToy wouldn't be able to detect fakes.

The same thing could be achieved by having a card reader, similar to what animal crossing had with the e-Reader. This would allow Nintendo to sell an additional accessory and makes a lot of sense.

The last one I could imagine is to have the same logic device found in the amiibos inserted into the cards. That would scream for someone to take it apart and figure out how to make replicas.
I am kinda surprised amiibo hasent been hacked yet. I remember Skylanders was hacked....

Why would they need another accessory though? Both the gamepad and 3DS have a camera, surely an ereader-like device wouldn't be necessary?

Last edited:
Again, I get it, still sounds awful.
Why? They just produce some attractive cards with pretty pictures. Everyone that already bought the Amiibo figures are super fans and will "have to have" the cards too because they look nice. It will allow others to buy them for a lot less as well, especially if all you care about is the DLC.

Why? They just produce some attractive cards with pretty pictures. Everyone that already bought the Amiibo figures are super fans and will "have to have" the cards too because they look nice. It will allow others to buy them for a lot less as well, especially if all you care about is the DLC.
I hate collectible cards. That's why I think it is awful. It's all opinions man.

I wasn't a huge fan of Amiibo either but I got a couple.... would get more if I could find a damn Zelda or Captain Falcon at the local store. I wouldn't ever spend more than $1 or so on a card though..... and even then only if it worked for every character, a wild card I guess lol.

I guess it just boils down to the fact that a card doesn't look nearly as nice on my shelf.... not that amiibos look that great compared to the statues I usually get but it still is kinda cool for something to ththrow in front of my games on the shelf or w/e

Last edited:
Not sure I understand why it would bother Nintendo to "kill" the reseller market. They get absolutely nothing out of that guy who sells a Marth for 60 bucks.

Lego is plagued with resellers trying to hoard and make a profit from their lego sets because the sets always retire within 2-3 years. Their corporation hates resellers, and will literally ban people who buy too many of the same sets from lego stores, claiming "lego is for the children", etc.

I'm not saying Nintendo can or will do this with amiibos, but I dont think they care for resellers as it isnt a good business strategy in the long run to make everything so limited and unavailable to the genera public like the soccer moms.
You're kidding yourself if you think soccer moms even want Marth. Neither they nor their ten year old kids know who Marth is or what Fire Emblem is. The characters that soccer moms will buy for kids are in high supply (Mario characters) - Nintendo knows their market. Just because we care about Marth and know who he is doesn't mean people outside of our hobby do.

Any news with GameStop about Captain Falcon and Pit? I got a text message when Little Mac was ready to pick up, put at this point I'm getting a little nervous about those two...

You're kidding yourself if you think soccer moms even want Marth. Neither they nor their ten year old kids know who Marth is or what Fire Emblem is. The characters that soccer moms will buy for kids are in high supply (Mario characters) - Nintendo knows their market. Just because we care about Marth and know who he is doesn't mean people outside of our hobby do.
Funny, I remember going through hell getting a copy of FE Awakening at launch. It was OoT everywhere for a couple of months, I thought it was just a ploy to push suckered towards digital but I guess it really sold that well. Same deal with Animal Crossing on DS and 3DS.

Marth is no Link or Samus but he/Villager/WFT seem pretty damn popular to me all the same. Certainly enough to throw another shipment on Amazon at least, if not the B&Ms. Hell, WFT was the only one out of the initial 13 that I really wanted, and I had to go all over town at launch to get it :/

In other news, I went to Wal-Mart to look for Amiibos and found two Skyward Sword Limited Edition Controller Bundles. Go figure. No clue where those came from and how they could still be on the shelf when they were impossible to find at launch (they were $69.99 - I bought both). Pretty insane.

I also managed to find Captain Falcon at the Holly Springs, NC Target - picked up three (one for myself, one for the office, and one for a co-worker). Left one on the shelf for the next person (I'm sure someone dropped in snagged right after I left).

I can concede that in most cases you'd be right, but is there even enough Marth for true fans? Secondly, there are several characters impossible to find that kids do want...Diddy being the biggest example.

I called a store that said low stock on Pit and they said they have nothing and even checked. They said they were going through boxes though which is weird.

Funny, I remember going through hell getting a copy of FE Awakening at launch. It was OoT everywhere for a couple of months, I thought it was just a ploy to push suckered towards digital but I guess it really sold that well. Same deal with Animal Crossing on DS and 3DS.

Marth is no Link or Samus but he/Villager/WFT seem pretty damn popular to me all the same. Certainly enough to throw another shipment on Amazon at least, if not the B&Ms. Hell, WFT was the only one out of the initial 13 that I really wanted, and I had to go all over town at launch to get it :/
FE:A sold out because Nintendo printed a proper amount of the game instead of way too many (like they did with Sin & Punishment, Metroid: Other M, Starfy, and Glory of Heracles). It didn't sell out because soccer moms bought it. It sold out because gamers bought it and Nintendo played it safe with their print run. I don't think that is a case for producing another 5,000+ Marth figures.

With Villager and WFT, I just can't see kids clamoring for them regardless of the popularity of their games. Why would a kid want WFT when he/she can have Link or Mario? Kids don't care about rarity or value, so you have to see this from their point of view. It really would not make sense for Nintendo to do another run of these. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they did.

Target in Inglewood, Ca. had what looked about 30 Luigi's in stock....this was about an hour ago when it opened....They were OOS on Capt. Falcon and Pit, don't know if they ever got 'em in or not.

Also I made this list for identifying what's in the small shipment boxes , it good if someone wants to check without opening boxes

NVL-AAA* (Ex. Link is AAAE)

A - Mario
B - Peach
C - Yoshi
D - Donkey Kong
E - Link
F --
G - Samus
H - Wii Fit Trainer
I - Fox
J - Villager
K - Pikachu
L - Kirby
M - Marth
N - Luigi
O --
P - Diddy Kong
Q - Zelda
R - Little Mac
S - Pit
T --
U - Captain Falcon

I can concede that in most cases you'd be right, but is there even enough Marth for true fans? Secondly, there are several characters impossible to find that kids do want...Diddy being the biggest example.
Hard to tell actual demand right now because there's so many people who initially only kind of wanted Marth whom now really want Marth (mainly because of the rarity). You could only gauge "true" demand if you could somehow remove the rarity/gotta have it component.

Picture this scenario:

- Nintendo releases 10,000 more Marth figures to retail.

- Resellers immediately scoop them up.

- Price falls due to supply.

- 1,000 or so people who actually wanted Marth buy him at deflated second-hand price (~$25)

- Other 9,000 Marths rot in resellers hands as prices further deflate to MSRP.

- Thousands of Marths returned to retailers.

- 6 months later: Remaining Marths return unsold to Nintendo. Retailers cancel/reduce future Amiibo orders.

So much of the demand right now is from resellers, speculators, and people who literally could not give a second shit about owning a Marth figure. If Nintendo did another run of the less popular characters, they would seriously be jeopardizing the long-term viability of the line.

The hotter these things are, the better it is for NIntendo. Any moves that make them seem less in-demand will be bad moves.

Also, nothing has been discontinued from Wave 2 yet - things are still hitting the shelves. It's impossible to tell if Diddy, Pit, or Captain Falcon are actually rare. I just saw like 16 Diddy amiibos at the Target I bought Captain Falcon from. I think he's going to get significantly more common over the next few weeks.

FE:A sold out because Nintendo printed a proper amount of the game instead of way too many (like they did with Sin & Punishment, Metroid: Other M, Starfy, and Glory of Heracles). It didn't sell out because soccer moms bought it. It sold out because gamers bought it and Nintendo played it safe with their print run. I don't think that is a case for producing another 5,000+ Marth figures.

With Villager and WFT, I just can't see kids clamoring for them regardless of the popularity of their games. Why would a kid want WFT when he/she can have Link or Mario? Kids don't care about rarity or value, so you have to see this from their point of view. It really would not make sense for Nintendo to do another run of these. They'd be shooting themselves in the foot if they did.
I see your point but still think another run or two woulent hurt. I have no interest in Marth but it rearly sucks that I can't find Captain Falcon anywhere.

That's basically how I feel. I don't think Nintendo cares one bit about the reseller or collector market. Nintendo wants to make as much money as they can, and it would be foolish of them not to produce more of the rare Amiibos and profit off that themselves rather than letting resellers make bank.
nintendo has done a lot of foolish things, don't think they are rational. If nintendo cared about profit they wouldn't make a collectors editions for mario kart and only sell a few thousand at the nintendo store in NYC. If they cared about money they would have sold hundreds of thousands of them.

Or they would make more of the smash bundles or smash controllers. If anything it seems like nintendo is in the business of making resellers profits in the USA

For anyone interested there are a bunch of Pits that just showed up at Gamestops around Tampa. I picked mine up at the one in Wesley Chapel on Bruce B Downs, there were three left on the rack.

Happy Hunting!!!!

Also, nothing has been discontinued from Wave 2 yet - things are still hitting the shelves. It's impossible to tell if Diddy, Pit, or Captain Falcon are actually rare. I just saw like 16 Diddy amiibos at the Target I bought Captain Falcon from. I think he's going to get significantly more common over the next few weeks.
All I can do then is hope you are right. But as it is now, I have a 7 year old who won't be receiving a Diddy or Luigi because I cant find either in my area of CA. I've since been able to order them online, but they won't make it by Christmas.

Just got a Pit from a GameStop in Marietta, OH. Looks like all the GameStops around that area have started to get them in.

Edit: That GameStop is sold out now, but the Vienna, WV store is still showing some in stock. About 20 minutes away. Marietta store also had a Luigi and Zelda. No Captain Falcon.

Also worth mentioning that these were not a part of any big amiibo shipment. They just opened up their normal shipment and Pit was in there mixed with everything else.

I've called a few Gamestop's in my area and almost every one has gotten them in, but most have been allocated for pre-orders.  

Definitely worth calling a few to see if they have them even if they aren't showing up on the inventory tracker.  

All I can do then is hope you are right. But as it is now, I have a 7 year old who won't be receiving a Diddy or Luigi because I cant find either in my area of CA. I've since been able to order them online, but they won't make it by Christmas.
Ive mentioned that I have access to Nintendo World NYC. I could have easily helped you out (see my pic a few pages back from their wall from Sat... Post #4264) they had plenty of each :(

Every gamestop in Jersey got pit in but only enough to cover pre orders. If anyone in the area and philly get an extra one let me know and ill pay you back for it or trade

Not to dispute your overall point, which is reasonable, but FE:A sold half a million copies. It was a broad success - doing better than the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon that launched around the same time.

Found Captain Falcon and Luigi in a UK TRU. Only got Luigi as my girlfriend's mom preordered Falcon. We should have all of Wave 2 now. Now to put a rest on these things until preorders for Wave 4 show up...

It's hard to tell because each retailer has a different street date for each amiibo. I was only able to get 3 of my pre-ordered 2nd wave at my best buy and clearly some places have already broken street dates for these (pit, luigi and falcon). This has been such a mess for everyone, but I truly believe it was part of Nintendo's plan to create the confusion and thus, all the hype for the product. Well played N.

It's hard to tell because each retailer has a different street date for each amiibo. I was only able to get 3 of my pre-ordered 2nd wave at my best buy and clearly some places have already broken street dates for these (pit, luigi and falcon). This has been such a mess for everyone, but I truly believe it was part of Nintendo's plan to create the confusion and thus, all the hype for the product. Well played N.
I think you're giving Nintendo too much credit. I would chalk this up to a poor supply chain as a result of the holidays and just plain bad communication with the retailers by Nintendo.

I feel like Nintendo simply didn't do a good job of letting retailers know what the streets should be. Therefore, some just put them out as soon as they get them while others hold on to them if they were given a street date.

What area in Cali? Lots of Luigis at the TRU across the street from Del Amo mall in Torrance or the Target on Century Blvd. in Inglewood.

I think you're giving Nintendo too much credit. I would chalk this up to a poor supply chain as a result of the holidays and just plain bad communication with the retailers by Nintendo.
Maybe, but either way, the negative press is giving people something to talk about... which is more than what Nintendo was getting this holiday season.

What area in Cali? Lots of Luigis at the TRU across the street from Del Amo mall in Torrance or the Target on Century Blvd. in Inglewood.
Same here, my TRU still has Luigi and hasn't received their order of Little Mac and Diddy Kong yet. Are you anywhere near SoCal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back