Amiibos Currently Available and for Pre-order. Wave 4 announced *Do not post trades here!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJunior195

CAGiversary!
This warning goes for everyone but especially the cag in training/newbies.

Use the report button if anyone repeatedly violates any of the above.
If there are any sales or important updates, message me so I can post it on the first page rather than people scrolling through every page.
Ill keep the list updated for new amiibos and when they are on sale.
The average cost for the Amiibos are usually priced at $12.99.
Toys R Us
*None
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=bfbogoamiibo&keywords=bfbogoamiibo&origkw=bfbogoamiibo&sr=1
Best Buy
*GCU - 20% off
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/amiibo-wave-1-129222

Gohasting

http://www.gohastings.com/catalog/search_all.cmd?form_state=global-search-form-form&keywords=amiibos&search-button.x=0&search-button.y=0&search-button=true&productType=0&query=&form_state=siteSearchForm&department=AllSearch&departmentName=AllSearch&dynamic=&search=true&source=global&condition=0

Target

*Tracker
http://brickseek.com/sets/target_inventory
Wave 1
207-00-5001 - Mario
207-00-5002 - Pikachu
207-00-5003 - Link
207-00-5004 - Peach
207-00-5005 - Yoshi
207-00-5006 - Donkey Kong
207-00-5007 - Kirby
207-00-5008 - Villager
207-00-5009 - Fox
207-00-5010 - Samus
207-00-5011 - Marth
207-00-5012 - Wii Fit Trainer
Wave 2
207-00-5013 - Luigi
207-00-5014 - Zelda
207-00-5015 - Little Mac
207-00-5016 - Diddy Kong
207-00-5017 - Pit
207-00-5018 - Captain Falcon
*None
http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=amiibos&category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories&lnk=snav_sbox_amiibos
Gamestop

*None
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibos,28zu0
Walmart
*None
http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=amiibos

Updates

* There would be reprints for Marth in the upcoming months

* Wave 4 amiibos announced

B7UPexZIUAA5gRl.png

* A new set of amiibos would be available for the Super Mario

B7UPmCMIMAAi1HR.png

Exclusives [2/2015]
Lucario [Toys R Us Exclusive]
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54369136&cp=&parentPage=search
_lrH7VVPKTKAXTiCdd1R8Dcx-Emp5TMQ.png

Shulk [Gamestop Exclusive]
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/shulk-amiibo-figure-gamestop-exclusive/118681?affid=9797%26cid=ppc_60000004&u1=7240463.38-1012976
DCM0pGkZEV1nlOWgx-PpxcU_JnaORLNG.png

Meta Knight [Best Buy Exclusive]
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-meta-knight-multi/1375009.p?id=1219489217565&skuId=1375009&productCategoryId=pcmcat306400050032&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-Hw7UDBCoIhfOJkja3R_y6g
bpL072E86FmMX9R5dBvxCNappm5X1-cm.png

Rosalina and Luma [Target Exclusive]
*Currently not live for pre-order
http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-amiibo-rosalina-luma-tgt-ex/-/A-16811585#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=rosalina+amiibo
UPWu9Hs43URr1uIPCpbUMegdXYIa0FkS.png

Wave 1: Currently Available
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
The Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor
Wave 2 [12/14/2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Pre-order
Wave 3 [2/2015]
Mega Man
Sonic
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
King Dedede
Ike

Wave 4 [Spring/2015]

Robin

Lucina

Ness

PacMan

Charizard

Wario

Wave 5(?) [3/2015]

Mario

Peach

Luigi

Bowser

Yoshi

Toad

Last edited by a moderator:
Because if every hard to find figure becomes readily available people will stop buying them because "I can get it later easily"

Most of this craze is driven by the low supply, causing the high demand.

I wasn't planning on buying every figure the day they released, but due to the rarity of some I've been sucked in and hunt like a wolf for them to avoid not getting one.

Its a better position to be in for ninty than if there were more available for everyone because it will stop people from feverishly hunting them.
Holy crap. You are like the Steven Hawking of economics. A whole new economic theory based on your OCD impulses.

IMHO a 1 month run of these amiibos is pretty lame. A product launch of this magnitude should be on store shelves for at least a year. The only reason there is shortages is because of the ebayers.

The big three are (for the most part) in high demand because they are rare.

If Nintendo starts producing them again, they may sell out but future figures will suffer.

How many people are buying these (even multiples) because they are worried they won't be available in the future?

If Nintendo shows a pattern of re-producung, people will decide they can wait to buy them, and ultimately probably will not buy as many.

Just my opinion of course...
There's a fine line there that Nintendo needs to adhere to in order to maximize sales/profits. Obviously they don't want 50 Marths/Villagers per store but a controlled reprinting would most definitely sell out, and would really only affect the sales of the secondhand market.

They don't need to ignore reprinting in order to maintain success, they just need to make sure they don't overdo it.

Because if every hard to find figure becomes readily available people will stop buying them because "I can get it later easily"

I wasn't planning on buying every figure the day they released, but due to the rarity of some I've been sucked in and hunt like a wolf for them to avoid not getting one.

Its a better position to be in for ninty than if there were more available for everyone because it will stop people from feverishly hunting them.
Are you sure you're not colored by the fact that you chose to rush out and buy everything, potentially at a premium to both time and effort? There's no reason downside for Nintendo to open up pre-orders for the big 3 again to the retailers or directly, and then print those + a buffer to sell to meet demand especially for something that's so rare. You may lose people like you who went crazy on all the amiibos but you will still maintain sales because from people who will purchase them all early so they don't have to wait half a year to fill out their collection potentially.

No offense but you kinda sound like those people on the LE thread that go on about how the LE is supposed to be limited and shouldn't be printed again because they have one and want to say they got something others don't have.

Nintendo can't expect shelf space for 30 different figures for a year, even if they didn't have plans for more in that time frame (which I believe we will see).

IMHO a 1 month run of these amiibos is pretty lame. A product launch of this magnitude should be on store shelves for at least a year. The only reason there is shortages is because of the ebayers.

anyone have an extra Fox they want to get rid of?
I find out tomorrow if GS got one in for me. If they did, it will be a second. The first one was from GS and it ripped the cardboard a little bit upon removal. IThis one was sitting at a store and not selling so this sticker may do damage as well. I will pick the second one up regardless.

my quest for Rosalina is finally over(well until shes in my hand i guess it will be finally be over)

Product ID

Description

Sub

Standard

Collector

Subtotal

NIN10031

Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Rosalina (Super Mario Galaxy) - Japanese Import

$16.99

Subtotal: $16.99

its-done-640.gif

Are you sure you're not colored by the fact that you chose to rush out and buy everything, potentially at a premium to both time and effort? There's no reason downside for Nintendo to open up pre-orders for the big 3 again to the retailers or directly, and then print those + a buffer to sell to meet demand especially for something that's so rare. You may lose people like you who went crazy on all the amiibos but you will still maintain sales because from people who will purchase them all early so they don't have to wait half a year to fill out their collection potentially.

No offense but you kinda sound like those people on the LE thread that go on about how the LE is supposed to be limited and shouldn't be printed again because they have one and want to say they got something others don't have.
You're wrong, look at Nike/jordan brand and what they have done. If they started producing these in mass quantities, half the people who started buyin amiibos would no longer buy them.

Nintendo can't expect shelf space for 30 different figures for a year, even if they didn't have plans for more in that time frame (which I believe we will see).
Really?
A. Skylanders take up a whole aisle now. I am sure there is space for amiibos
B. Plenty of space if they clear out old Wiis and software.

You're wrong, look at Nike/jordan brand and what they have done. If they started producing these in mass quantities, half the people who started buyin amiibos would no longer buy them.
There's a difference between mass quantities and more quantities and your analogy is off because Nike releases limited edition shoes so regularly now that they're part of their planned manufacturing schedule for the year. You're also off because Nike has been steadily increasing the quantity of each LE shoe released since they took off, the most recent shoe was the largest release of its kind in history and was still gobbled up by resellers instantaneously. Judging by the resale market and the orders overseas, there's more than enough demand to sustain a 2nd or third run of these things. Heck it might even be wise to release the big 3 amiibos as a exclusive package 2-3 times this year as a limited release of say 10k.

I think most of you are confusing business strategy and supply and demand with the fact that most of us are obsessive compulsive. Nintendo not making enough of some figure you don't care about doesn't affect normal people, only those of us who can't stand having something that's incomplete.

At the Nintendo store, Amiibos take up less shelf space than disney Infinity characters. Let that sink in for a second

I think most of you are confusing business strategy and supply and demand with the fact that most of us are obsessive compulsive. Nintendo not making enough of some figure you don't care about doesn't affect normal people, only those of us who can't stand having something that's incomplete.
It does though. Amiibos in general have been covered as this winter's big gaming accessory win and the big 3 show up in major newspapers talking about their high resale value. This is getting to cabbage patch or beanie baby levels of publicity which is relatively unheard of for video game toys. Not making any more would be like if Beanie Babies or Cabbage Patch kids stopped manufacturing their stuff right when it got popular.

I like how all the people who missed out on buying for themselves or for re-sale think Nintendo should produce more... basically for them. :p LOL

There is no rational reason for Nintendo to re-release the hard-to-find original 3. Whether intentional or not, there's no going back now or the craze ends.

I love all these self-interested people who want to explain marketing to Nintendo.

I like how all the people who missed out on buying for themselves or for re-sale think Nintendo should produce more... basically for them. :p LOL

There is no rational reason for Nintendo to re-release the hard-to-find original 3. Whether intentional or not, there's no going back now or the craze ends.

I love all these self-interested people who want to explain marketing to Nintendo.
Yes because the company that made the Wii U and had tell people its a new console truly has their shit together. FYI though, I've owned and sold every rare amiibo that's come out so far so there goes your main argument.

....but makes sense because Imfinity has been around a lot longer than the Amiibos.
And you'd think they would do a better job marketing and positioning their own line of toys when the infinity toys won't even move at 40% off while mario amiibos routinely sell out at full price

Yeah.. Except all the people who don't have the "big 3" will rush out at any opportunity now that the demand is so high and they'll be afraid they won't get it.. Nintendo would make more money if they reprinted them, it's not rocket science. Nintendo didn't intentionally make less of them because they wanted to create a demand for them, they made less because the games they are based on are niche games not everyone knows about. The fire emblem GAMES aren't even sold in enough quantities in the US, why would they assume a figure based on a game that isn't mainstream would sell as well to a kid (yes, thes eare impulse buys, for children) as Yoshi or Mario?

Don't even get me started on Wii Fit Trainer. Can anyone say lame? Does anyone play wii fit? Does anyone think a mannequin in yoga clothes is awesome?

Could go both ways. How the people that have the "big 3" are against any rerelease because they don't want to see something they have with slight value to become common. I have the "rare" ones, and I could care less if they are released again. I purchased them to play games with my kids. I can see why they were discontinued early, because they suck. We don't even use them that often and I think Nintendo recognized the lack of interest

But are the Skylanders currently on the shelves ones that were released a year ago or are they new 'waves'? Also Skylanders are good for all systems and not just one (that isn't selling as well as the others).

You could be right, I'm certainly no expert on how shelf space is allocated, nor Skylanders...

Really?
A. Skylanders take up a whole aisle now. I am sure there is space for amiibos
B. Plenty of space if they clear out old Wiis and software.

exactly which is why just make a small reprint of them but this time let people know ahead and advertise it as last chance limited time while supplies last at least giving people a head up on the supply this time and they will be gone in a short period to with demand still high afterward

Sharing details on my custom made amiibo shelf for anyone interested in something like this, based on the plastic one somebody here posted previously:
Using these tiered cabinet organizers / shelves:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00J9OSRL2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
(There are other options, some that extend wider, some made of plastic, etc).

Four of those (48 'spaces' total), some additional birch plywood from Michaels and plenty of gorilla glue (still need to clean up some of the residue as you can see), and there you go. I wanted all the amiibo readily available next to me while playing Smash, but these can easily be set up differently or wall-hung based on what you would prefer.

To make money? It's really not that complicated. They're clearly in extremely high demand. You just sound like a tool who doesn't want his figure to lose resale value.

Making more of an item that's in such high demand isn't going to hurt anyone but the people who paid stupid amounts of money for them. The misjudged the popularity of their lesser-known characters. Plain as that.

So of course you wouldn't re-sell any more at all, right Gnoh? ;)
Well as I've clearly demonstrated by my ability to buy double digit numbers of Pits, this ain't gonna stop me one way or another sincethe most likely place Nintendo is gonna release excess marth's is the Nintendo store which is 5 minutes from work :p. Honestly though, the one reason why I'm reselling amiibos so hard is precisely because I believe there's no rational reason for Nintendo to not re-release these amiibos after all the waves are done. I don't know the sales figures but it feels like Nintendo could easily produce the same number of the big3 they did at the original launch and still sell out within a week if not a month of arrival. I'm probably hurting myself in the long run by advocating a re-run since the only thing propping up amiibos right now is the fear that they won't return and if they do re-release one, it would definitely hurt the resale market. Nintendo's a doing a big disservice to their fans by trying to have their cake and eat it though, the uncertainty may help them in the short run but they're going to be stuck in a position where they're either going to have to burn dedicated fans or screw their casual base over with these amiibos if they don't make an announcement on these things soon.

As a side note, Never really understood the hate against resellers here though, definitely get the annoyance factor osince its convenient to blame a scalper for not eing able to get x product in time but as I was talking to a father/daughter when I was in line for WFT at the Nintendo store, if you can buy a $14 toy and sell it for $60, or buy 3 amiibos and sell them for $300 and guarantee you have money for every other amiibo in the wave, most people will take the money. And no, I don't think its about morals etc.

my quest for Rosalina is finally over(well until shes in my hand i guess it will be finally be over)

Product ID

Description

Sub

Standard

Collector

Subtotal

NIN10031

Nintendo Amiibo Wii U Mini Figure - Rosalina (Super Mario Galaxy) - Japanese Import

$16.99

Subtotal: $16.99

its-done-640.gif
Just a heads up I had the holy trinity preordered there from the get go and pretty much 2 weeks after they were impossible to get they cancelled my preorders. I am not sure who their supplier is but I would not put all of your eggs in the BBTS a basket. It was disappointing because I'd used them so many times before

All I wanted from this amiibo thing was the Villager one and BBY screwed me over when I was going to pre-order it. How is that one of the popular figures, I just don't get it?  :cry:

All I wanted from this amiibo thing was the Villager one and BBY screwed me over when I was going to pre-order it. How is that one of the popular figures, I just don't get it? :cry:
It wasn't until some Canadian Target rep told people that Nintendo discontinued them. And then Nintendo fanned the flames by being coy with responses when asked about amiibo availability.

They may never be made again, they may only come back in card form, or they might get another run. There have been no straight answers, so the consensus is to get as many as you can while you can.

I figured these things would be everywhere like Skylanders so I would get some after Xmas. Shoulda known Nintendo would screw the pooch in selling these.

I really want villager too because that is the character I like to play in Smash.

Is a mod able to add a poll to a thread? I would not mind seeing what people are doing with their Amiibos.

Use
Collect for display
Use and Collect
Resale
Resale and Use
Resale and Collect
Resale, Use and Collect

The options could be reduced. Just an idea to see what others are doing.

I figured these things would be everywhere like Skylanders so I would get some after Xmas. Shoulda known Nintendo would screw the pooch in selling these.

I really want villager too because that is the character I like to play in Smash.
I think they will be over the place eventually. No way did they only make one run of them and then they are discontinued.It's all a big he said she said game of ohh nintendo said they are discontinuing less popular ones but will keep the more popular ones restocked but then you hear the reverse of oh they are not being discontinued they are just high in demand.Nintendo did the same thing when the original wii came out. That thing flew off shelves for the first couple years within minutes and everybody and their brother wanted them and then all of a sudden they were everywhere.Granted that was a console and these are just figures but its still the same concept,

Another big reason you don't see any at stores right now is because of the resellers.They know they are hot items and can make a quick buck so they will continue to do it until its not profitable anymore.Same thing happened with the wii. Even i bought a few wiis myself within the first year or two of its release and flipped them for a quick buck.As long as someone is willing to pay the inflated prices then the resellers will be there to take the money.

When Skylanders first blew up it was hard as hell to find them when new waves came out and they would sell out within minutes online at amazon ext... and even in the stores you wouldn't see new waves on the shelves constantly until a few months or more after their official release dates.

My kids have 2 amiibos and they are kirby and pikachu and they haven't shown a real big interest in any of the others really i mean there's a few they like but they aren't begging for them like they do with skylanders or Disney infinity.Of course they aren't collecting them either and are just playing with them in the game and they see there's not a whole lot they do in game other then give you someone to fight against.

end rant

I think they will be over the place eventually. No way did they only make one run of them and then they are discontinued.It's all a big he said she said game of ohh nintendo said they are discontinuing less popular ones but will keep the more popular ones restocked but then you hear the reverse of oh they are not being discontinued they are just high in demand.Nintendo did the same thing when the original wii came out. That thing flew off shelves for the first couple years within minutes and everybody and their brother wanted them and then all of a sudden they were everywhere.Granted that was a console and these are just figures but its still the same concept,

Another big reason you don't see any at stores right now is because of the resellers.They know they are hot items and can make a quick buck so they will continue to do it until its not profitable anymore.Same thing happened with the wii. Even i bought a few wiis myself within the first year or two of its release and flipped them for a quick buck.As long as someone is willing to pay the inflated prices then the resellers will be there to take the money.

When Skylanders first blew up it was hard as hell to find them when new waves came out and they would sell out within minutes online at amazon ext... and even in the stores you wouldn't see new waves on the shelves constantly until a few months or more after their official release dates.

My kids have 2 amiibos and they are kirby and pikachu and they haven't shown a real big interest in any of the others really i mean there's a few they like but they aren't begging for them like they do with skylanders or Disney infinity.Of course they aren't collecting them either and are just playing with them in the game and they see there's not a whole lot they do in game other then give you someone to fight against.

end rant
I think its cause they're use in ssb is paradoxical. With skylanders your playing as the character whereas in ssb you're leveling up an AI that within a day or so will either continually kick your ass or dominate any team match you have. So strangely to kids they may be less enjoyable once their level 50, unless they're amazing at smash

On scalpels driving up prices:

If a dozen of us posted, "HAZE PS3 - RARE" and set the price between $66 and $76, we could collectively drive up the price across the board among all resellers on eBay, Amazon.

So many resellers know little about the product they are selling and turn to eBay, Amazon to set their prices.

For those that don't know, the ps3 exclusive Haze was a giant turd released in 2006 (I think) and cost about $4.

I wouldn't mind if Nintendo did another month run of the rare ones, so long as it doesn't hinder the production of the next wave. There are 49 characters total, right?

Its gonna be pretty damn crazy if these go the same route as the Pokemon Rumble figures, and they just replace the whole set with the cards instead.

I think its cause they're use in ssb is paradoxical. With skylanders your playing as the character whereas in ssb you're leveling up an AI that within a day or so will either continually kick your ass or dominate any team match you have. So strangely to kids they may be less enjoyable once their level 50, unless they're amazing at smash
They are 7 and 9 so not amazing at smash at all lol. They started playing the wii version when it came out then played melee when i found it on gamecube for the wii and now they play the wii u version.Most of the time they just play against each other and have fun beating each other up ext... I actually showed them how to play against other people online and lets just say they didn't do so well and went back to fighting each other and the 2 amiibos they have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back