Amiibos Currently Available and for Pre-order. Wave 4 announced *Do not post trades here!*

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJunior195

CAGiversary!
This warning goes for everyone but especially the cag in training/newbies.

Use the report button if anyone repeatedly violates any of the above.
If there are any sales or important updates, message me so I can post it on the first page rather than people scrolling through every page.
Ill keep the list updated for new amiibos and when they are on sale.
The average cost for the Amiibos are usually priced at $12.99.
Toys R Us
*None
http://www.toysrus.com/search/index.jsp?kwCatId=&kw=bfbogoamiibo&keywords=bfbogoamiibo&origkw=bfbogoamiibo&sr=1
Best Buy
*GCU - 20% off
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/amiibo-wave-1-129222

Gohasting

http://www.gohastings.com/catalog/search_all.cmd?form_state=global-search-form-form&keywords=amiibos&search-button.x=0&search-button.y=0&search-button=true&productType=0&query=&form_state=siteSearchForm&department=AllSearch&departmentName=AllSearch&dynamic=&search=true&source=global&condition=0

Target

*Tracker
http://brickseek.com/sets/target_inventory
Wave 1
207-00-5001 - Mario
207-00-5002 - Pikachu
207-00-5003 - Link
207-00-5004 - Peach
207-00-5005 - Yoshi
207-00-5006 - Donkey Kong
207-00-5007 - Kirby
207-00-5008 - Villager
207-00-5009 - Fox
207-00-5010 - Samus
207-00-5011 - Marth
207-00-5012 - Wii Fit Trainer
Wave 2
207-00-5013 - Luigi
207-00-5014 - Zelda
207-00-5015 - Little Mac
207-00-5016 - Diddy Kong
207-00-5017 - Pit
207-00-5018 - Captain Falcon
*None
http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=amiibos&category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories&lnk=snav_sbox_amiibos
Gamestop

*None
http://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-amiibos,28zu0
Walmart
*None
http://www.walmart.com/search/?query=amiibos

Updates

* There would be reprints for Marth in the upcoming months

* Wave 4 amiibos announced

B7UPexZIUAA5gRl.png

* A new set of amiibos would be available for the Super Mario

B7UPmCMIMAAi1HR.png

Exclusives [2/2015]
Lucario [Toys R Us Exclusive]
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=54369136&cp=&parentPage=search
_lrH7VVPKTKAXTiCdd1R8Dcx-Emp5TMQ.png

Shulk [Gamestop Exclusive]
http://www.gamestop.com/accessories/shulk-amiibo-figure-gamestop-exclusive/118681?affid=9797%26cid=ppc_60000004&u1=7240463.38-1012976
DCM0pGkZEV1nlOWgx-PpxcU_JnaORLNG.png

Meta Knight [Best Buy Exclusive]
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figure-meta-knight-multi/1375009.p?id=1219489217565&skuId=1375009&productCategoryId=pcmcat306400050032&ref=199&loc=FKSJxY2VJAk&acampID=1&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-Hw7UDBCoIhfOJkja3R_y6g
bpL072E86FmMX9R5dBvxCNappm5X1-cm.png

Rosalina and Luma [Target Exclusive]
*Currently not live for pre-order
http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-amiibo-rosalina-luma-tgt-ex/-/A-16811585#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=rosalina+amiibo
UPWu9Hs43URr1uIPCpbUMegdXYIa0FkS.png

Wave 1: Currently Available
Mario
Link
Pikachu
Samus
Donkey Kong
Peach
Yoshi
The Villager
Kirby
Fox McCloud
Marth
Wii Fit Instructor
Wave 2 [12/14/2014]
Diddy Kong
Zelda
Little Mac
Pit
Luigi
Captain Falcon
Pre-order
Wave 3 [2/2015]
Mega Man
Sonic
Sheik
Toon Link
Bowser
King Dedede
Ike

Wave 4 [Spring/2015]

Robin

Lucina

Ness

PacMan

Charizard

Wario

Wave 5(?) [3/2015]

Mario

Peach

Luigi

Bowser

Yoshi

Toad

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait does anyone know the Release Dates for Rosalina, Meta Knight and Sheik? I had Sheik pre ordered from TRU but they keep telling me she has not come in but i seen people posting her last week from tTRU. I was able to pick up Toon Link and Bowser they Got my Lucarios today on hold for me but no Sheik so i may have to get her else where any help Please ;)

A co-worker went to the TRU in Culver after being shoo'ed away from the one closer to his house. Somone called Culver City and they said they had 28 in stock so everyone rushed there. I guess they let everyone wait in line for a good amount of time before letting them all in only to then tell everyone that all the ones they had in stock were for pre-orders.

Glad I gave up on this whole Amiibo thing. I just want the ones I play with. These things have become too collective for me.
Other than what happens to be at the store when I go to pick up groceries or run errands, I've hit the point where I'm not going to even bother with these for six months. By that point the people who went batshit will be starting to sell them off to Gamestop, realizing they've sunk several hundred dollars into something they don't care at all about.

But then, I'm not very "gotta catch 'em all" about these- if in the next several months a Bowser, Dedede, Charizard, Ness and Toad do manage to find their way to me, great.

Now, if I could actually find two Gamecube adapters for those new 8 player stages, that'd be a something I'd more immediately care about.

Walked into my local TRU around 1:30, picked up the two Lucario I had ordered.  They had none on the shelves, only got enough to cover preorders.  There were only two left in the drawer after mine.  Sonic, Ike, Dedede are all delayed till some time later in the month.  An e-mail I had gotten from TRU said Sonic was delayed until 2/13, I'm guessing the other two are delayed till the same day.

I'm not assuming an inherent demand, and your paraphrasing of my argument is false. And this isn't a vacuum--- we have Disney and Activision as some precursor to what Nintendo's success could be. People are obviously not chasing after these with such a crappy attach rate of 1.6 to 1, and that is meaningful because there are 18 different ones to choose from. That claim that I'm assuming the rarer ones are outselling is also false--- I am hardly saying that as it is known those were underproduced. However if all figures are sold equally worldwide Nintendo only sold 320,000 of any Amiibo across the globe, and that's not good for attach rates for widespread demand.

Further, all the characters are found as playable in Smash Bros, so obscurity of a source franchise doesn't really matter for demand inherent in the game itself, judging by how many it sold, hence why in-game playable Little Mac was so popular online when he was considered OP. That would better drive Amiibo sales more so than historical Punch-Out franchise game sales. Nintendo may be happy they sold that many figures, but compared to Disney Infinity 1.0 launch it's nothing to be proud of: Disney sold worldwide 3 million Starter Packs with a minimum 9 million figures bundled with the starter pack in a similar time period--- that's not counting single pack and theme pack figures they sold in addition to those in the Starter Pack, all of which were far easier to find on store shelves compared to this atrocious handling by Nintendo. Sure they were bundled to get the guaranteed minimum 3:1 ratio, but they were an unproven franchise (unlike Smash Bros 4) with a higher retail price.
By basing it off smash user attachment you are. It's an apples to oranges comparison with amiibos vs. skylanders/disney infinity considering the latter two have far deeper game integration than amiibos. Skylanders/Disney infinity characters not only unlock a new character to play as but also different side quests/worlds to explore while amiibos serve an inherent single player function in what is ultimately a multiplayer party based game. The only other function amiibos have is unlocking pointless DLC in a partly selection of games, the functionality between the lines is so different it's not a worthy comparison. Besides the last sentence of your first paragraph says it all "that's not good for attach rates for widespread demand", we don't know what the inherent demand is for these items and you're basing your argument off the assumption of demand. Would you agree that Pit is still in demand? There's only 3k sales of Pit on Ebay right now, that's a relatively paltry number when you consider your install base.

You're making the same assumption on demand in your second paragraph as well. Why would little mac being good in a game lead to more demand for LM figures? There's no correlation with usability like there is with say a kaos trap being in high demand because it's more OP than the other traps (just an example no idea if true). Do get what I'm saying or do you want me to elaborate some more.

Didn't you already grab a couple lucarios?
Hopefully. I have two preordered but I'm out of state and I don't have any faith my Lucario's will be waiting for me. Then I have one through TRU online and one through their Ebay store. I'd feel much more comfortable knowing I had one secured.

But if Times Square is out I will just get on with enjoying my weekend.

I think they will be done with. I'm not expecting to see another Lucario for sale other than ebay after the first initial batch is sold
I disagree. Lucario is a Pokemon and therefore popular. Nintendo isn't going to under-produce him like they would, say, Marth. I assume he'll be restocked at some point, tho no idea when.

Got my 2 Lucario from 2 separate TRUs:

Totowa, NJ: Handed the guy the card and he didn't even need to look at it to know what it was. He said he had 20 waiting for 6 free figures. Ouch.

Wayne, NJ: Clerk there said they had 6 available for 6 people waiting. Said he had to fill a preorder for a guy who preordered *19* of them. He felt bad doing it but he had to. He said he would have denied the guy if he did the original preorder sales.

Got my 2 Lucario from 2 separate TRUs:

Totowa, NJ: Handed the guy the card and he didn't even need to look at it to know what it was. He said he had 20 waiting for 6 free figures. Ouch.

Wayne, NJ: Clerk there said they had 6 available for 6 people waiting. Said he had to fill a preorder for a guy who preordered *19* of them. He felt bad doing it but he had to. He said he would have denied the guy if he did the original preorder sales.
<<<< one of the 6! lol

No luck at one of the TRU in San Jose, CA. When they opened the store, the manager came out and said that they got only 4 Lucarios and that the 4 would go to the first 4 people in line that had pre-orders. I was 2nd in line and had no pre order. When I asked him about other stores in the area, he said that most of the TRU in the greater San Jose/Bay Area barely got any lucarios, if any at all. Most lucarios coming in were going out to pre-orders only. Sad day for the bay. Seems like west coast is getting shafted while East cost and mid-west are finding more luck.

Has anyone received in-store pickup confirmation for any of the Wave 3 figures from Best Buy?  I know that Toon Link, Bowser, and Sheik are in their system for 2/1 and some have said their orders have shipped.  I already cancelled TL and Bowser after snagging them from TRU, but I still have Sheik preordered.

APEX was shut down today because someone opened a fire door and the alarm went off, causing the fire marshal to show up and condemning the building unfit to use. They have since then postponed everything till tomorrow as they have found a new venue. I figured I would let all Smash fans know since most of us are.

Last edited by a moderator:
I went to toys r us and got there at 9:40. I was the 6th person on line. By 10:00 there was 10-12 people on line. They had 6 Lucarios for walk ins. The rest were preorders. I got the last one.

I'm hoping Target is similar to where you don't have to go too early to get one
target will be much longer line than toysrus

By basing it off smash user attachment you are. It's an apples to oranges comparison with amiibos vs. skylanders/disney infinity considering the latter two have far deeper game integration than amiibos. Skylanders/Disney infinity characters not only unlock a new character to play as but also different side quests/worlds to explore while amiibos serve an inherent single player function in what is ultimately a multiplayer party based game. The only other function amiibos have is unlocking pointless DLC in a partly selection of games, the functionality between the lines is so different it's not a worthy comparison. Besides the last sentence of your first paragraph says it all "that's not good for attach rates for widespread demand", we don't know what the inherent demand is for these items and you're basing your argument off the assumption of demand. Would you agree that Pit is still in demand? There's only 3k sales of Pit on Ebay right now, that's a relatively paltry number when you consider your install base.

You're making the same assumption on demand in your second paragraph as well. Why would little mac being good in a game lead to more demand for LM figures? There's no correlation with usability like there is with say a kaos trap being in high demand because it's more OP than the other traps (just an example no idea if true). Do get what I'm saying or do you want me to elaborate some more.
I'm not assuming that Little Mac Amiibo should sell because he's "good in the game", I'm saying that those who play as him and use him often would drive Amiibo sales more so than someone saying "I liked Punch-Out Wii so I'm going to buy Little Mac". Evaluate the numbers beyond Nintendo's claims of raw sales numbers and there is no genuine evidence of widespread demand for Amiibo. And there is no better game to look at user attachment for the Smash Bros series of Amiibo than Smash 4 Wii U, especially because the 3DS game isn't even compatible yet. There is a reason why Nintendo doesn't specify actual sales per character. Would you seriously be overwhelmed with believing in Nintendo's success if all they said was "we released 18 games worldwide last year and sold 5.6 million total worldwide"? I wouldn't. I wouldn't be too pleased if they said, "We know 1 of them was rare, so we'll do another reprint at some point soon".

Has anyone received in-store pickup confirmation for any of the Wave 3 figures from Best Buy? I know that Toon Link, Bowser, and Sheik are in their system for 2/1 and some have said their orders have shipped. I already cancelled TL and Bowser after snagging them from TRU, but I still have Sheik preordered.
nope. they'll show as ready for pick up tomorrow since theyre locked to 2/1 on the register

After reading all these posts about Lucario, I finally decided to just import Meta Knight and King Dedede. Not going through that much trouble to get something that isn't guaranteed. Wish I had pre-ordered when I had the chance. Oh well...
I hear you Commander. I held off on importing this long, but it's no longer worth the time spent. Just put in import orders for the 4 exclusives this wave that I didn't get a chance to pre-order. Definitely pre-ordering moving forward.

I just can't believe a pokemon like Lucario was undership to Toys R Us. I just can't...
Honestly, it wasn't. It sounds like most stores got 20-30 of them. It's just that most went towards pre-orders. So supply seems lower than it was. Rosalina will be the opposite since Target never really opened pre-orders (except for a few small glitches where they were open for a minute or two)

Waited for an hour at the national city, CA TRU after having them tell me a few days ago they would have them for sale today. I was #2 in line with about 20 or so being there when they opened the doors. The guy opens the doors and says "all we have is for preorders". Needless to say all San Diego is sold out with most stores having people camping out at 4am.

No luck at one of the TRU in San Jose, CA. When they opened the store, the manager came out and said that they got only 4 Lucarios and that the 4 would go to the first 4 people in line that had pre-orders. I was 2nd in line and had no pre order. When I asked him about other stores in the area, he said that most of the TRU in the greater San Jose/Bay Area barely got any lucarios, if any at all. Most lucarios coming in were going out to pre-orders only. Sad day for the bay. Seems like west coast is getting shafted while East cost and mid-west are finding more luck.
Which TRU was that? Guess I was lucky because my local store above SJ did not do any pre-orders so had 16 to the first 16 campers. Maybe you went to the worst SJ branch you could have for today :(

Dude at my Gamestop told me my Bowser was ready for pickup and I told him if he could how it for friday. He said he can only hold it for 48 hours. Wanted to collect all on the same day. Went to gamestop and he just picked it from the display area. There was no point in going to get them.
bowser is a common

I went to two Toys R Us in central Indiana and came up empty at both. I didn't bother going right at opening so that was probably the reason. I did see Bowser at both Toys R Us and at Meijer though. Meijer also did have tags for Ike, Mega Man, Sonic, and Toon Link.

Hopefully. I have two preordered but I'm out of state and I don't have any faith my Lucario's will be waiting for me. Then I have one through TRU online and one through their Ebay store. I'd feel much more comfortable knowing I had one secured.

But if Times Square is out I will just get on with enjoying my weekend.
Don't bother, I was there and he sold out in 5 minutes. Enjoy the weekdn though

Which TRU was that? Guess I was lucky because my local store above SJ did not do any pre-orders so had 16 to the first 16 campers. Maybe you went to the worst SJ branch you could have for today :(
Don't tell me that bruh!!! I went to the one off winchester, by Santana Row. My other choices would have been the TRU on Blossom Hill or the TRU on Curtner in the Plant

Haha What color was the hat?
I have a hookup at my target next to home. I guess it pays to go in week after week looking for new amiibos! I have Rosalina and Sheik waiting for me in a drawer till Sunday. So freaking happy
Good luck with her though!
Yeah I'm in the same boat as you. I shop at that one a lot and bought a lot of attachments when I got my PS4, my last printer, tv and WiiU. So they usually look out for me. If you need another one, Raliegh NE Target (Triangle Town Center) shows they are getting the most Rosalinas in the Research Triangle with 48. Not a bad place to hit for anybody needing her...

A person on one of the Facebook Amiibo groups I'm in said he saw 9 guys running for 3 Lucario figures today. Thinking about it, it kinda puts a damper on my excitement for the figures. If I can get one of the figures I'm looking for then that's cool but they certainly aren't worth that kind of nonsense.

Man, sometimes I can't fucking stand Redditors.

As I'm browsing the front page of /r/amiibo, I see some guy post a story that sounds almost exactly like mine. I ask him which state, he says the same one I'm in. I try to clarify the location, but he doesn't reply, looking through his past posts I see him say something about my area.

The problem I had is that he completely over-elaborated the situation and totally bad mouthed me to make me look like some whiny scalper when I was extremely polite to everyone involved. Obviously he has no idea it was me specifically and I shouldn't really give a shit about correcting him, but I want to fact check him so bad that it almost hurts a little.
http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2u7hhm/my_terribly_sad_and_tru_story/

you're gregg aren't you

I'm not assuming that Little Mac Amiibo should sell because he's "good in the game", I'm saying that those who play as him and use him often would drive Amiibo sales more so than someone saying "I liked Punch-Out Wii so I'm going to buy Little Mac". Evaluate the numbers beyond Nintendo's claims of raw sales numbers and there is no genuine evidence of widespread demand for Amiibo. And there is no better game to look at user attachment for the Smash Bros series of Amiibo than Smash 4 Wii U, especially because the 3DS game isn't even compatible yet. There is a reason why Nintendo doesn't specify actual sales per character. Would you seriously be overwhelmed with believing in Nintendo's success if all they said was "we released 18 games worldwide last year and sold 5.6 million total worldwide"? I wouldn't. I wouldn't be too pleased if they said, "We know 1 of them was rare, so we'll do another reprint at some point soon".
Dude your original thesis was that Nintendo isn't selling the optimal amount of amiibos that it could be. You based that off the fact that amiibos per smash copies sold is very low and said that lack of variety is partially to blame. Don't move the goalposts here. All took away from your this paragraph is that Nintendo should be lucky to have sold that many amiibos as is, which is partially true and why they're doing this forced scarcity campaign in the US.

Congrats man! Haha. I am so glad I didn't make the drive out.

Don't know abut the Tyler store but I doubt it was any better.
I got there about 9:20ish, only one person standing there. A lot more people started showing up closer to 10am, needless to say some people left disappointed.

I went to the Canyon Springs store in the morning for shits and giggles, they went from having two preorders to all four being for preorders. I felt really bad for the guy that was there since 5:30 in the morning.

I think the preorder cards screwed people out West, I think they were only out for less than a day before the mass cancellations started happening and preorders started showing up for $999. Too many stores out this way didn't get more than 10, while very few got 10+.

Any horror stories in the iE?

A person on one of the Facebook Amiibo groups I'm in said he saw 9 guys running for 3 Lucario figures today. Thinking about it, it kinda puts a damper on my excitement for the figures. If I can get one of the figures I'm looking for then that's cool but they certainly aren't worth that kind of nonsense.
I have a friend that is in to figures like crazy. Has every Marvel Legends figure, plus $1000s and $1000s spent on Transformers and other similar figures. He is a strong guy but refuses to run or shove over a figure. Says he never has had to yet but I admired his adamant calmness to his stance on not being "violent" or obnoxious so to speak.

If Amiibo were something I would be able to walk in and purchase at my own pace and own leisure like say...Disney Infinity figures, I'd probably go for the entire set. But when figures started going discontinued a mere two weeks after launch, I pretty much threw up my hands and said "Well, so much for that idea."

They're neat both collectible-wise and tech-wise, but I'm not paying over MSRP + shipping, I'm not camping out for the damn things, and I'm not going to make some sort of "mad dash" to the aisle to get my hands on them. It's just not worth it.

Has anyone received in-store pickup confirmation for any of the Wave 3 figures from Best Buy?  I know that Toon Link, Bowser, and Sheik are in their system for 2/1 and some have said their orders have shipped.  I already cancelled TL and Bowser after snagging them from TRU, but I still have Sheik preordered.

Waited for an hour at the national city, CA TRU after having them tell me a few days ago they would have them for sale today. I was #2 in line with about 20 or so being there when they opened the doors. The guy opens the doors and says "all we have is for preorders". Needless to say all San Diego is sold out with most stores having people camping out at 4am.
camping out at 4am is pathetic, no way in hell would I do that for these.

Picked up my Lucario preorder earlier, no stories from me because I didn't get there until 11:30am. The guy did say the others would be available on 2/13, but who really knows on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back