An Incomplete List of the Clearance Games at TRU updated Sept 2

benboxer

CAGiversary!
Here's some new clearance starting Monday September 3. It looks like it could be YMMV. One store has Elder Scrolls IV dropping to 29.99 while another will drop it to 29.98. I have no idea why. So again it could be YMMV.

GBA
Arthur and the Invisibles 19.98
Flushed Away 14.98
Koala Bears 9.98
Princess Nsh(?) gift pack 7.98
Shrek 2/Madagascar 2 pack 14.98
Veggie Tales 9.98

DS
Arthur and the Invisibles 14.98
Brain Boost Beta Wave 11.98
Castlevania PoR 10.98
Chicken Little 14.98
March of the Penguins Gift Pack 9.98
Megaman ZX 16.98
Princess Nsh(?) gift pack 9.98
Tamagotchi Connection Corner Shop 2(I think) 15.98-17.98

PSP
Blitz the League 19.98
Brothers in Arms 14.98-16.98
LA Rush 14.98
Metal Gear Portable Ops 9.98
ATV Offroad Fury Pro 21.98-25.98
Rapala Trophies 14.98
Sega Genesis Collection 23.98
Sid Meier's Pirates 14.98
Snoopy vs Red Baron 14.98
Splinter Cell Essentials 19.98-25.98

GameCube
Ice Age 2 19.98
Splinter Cell DA 19.98

Playstation 2
24: the Game 19.98
Ace Combat Zero 22.98
Arthur and the Invisibles 14.98-22.98
D1 Grand Prix 19.98
Dance Factory 19.98-28.98
DDR Max 2 game only 14.98
Devil May Cry 5th Anniversary Bundle 14.98
GTA Trilogy 19.98
Greg Hastings Paintball 24.98
Guitar Hero Guitar by Activision 34.98
Okami 19.98
Real World Golf Bundle 34.98
Strawberry Shortcake Sweet Dreams 9.98
Veggie Tales 9.98

Playstation 3
Fight Night Round 3 25.98
Genji 29.98

XBox
DDR Ultramix 3 20.98
DDR Ultramix 3 Bundle(skn290065) 34.98
Far Cry- don't know if its Instincts or Evolution(skn490684) 14.98
Splinter Cell DA 19.98-29.98

Dead or Alive 4 29.98
Dynasty Warriors 5 Empires

GameCube
Baten Kaitos Origins 19.98

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!
:):D:):D
I been waiting forever for a price drop on this baby.
Edit- thanks op you just made my day.

[quote name='trunks982']if u find baten kaitos origins at FYE its 10bucks there. i dont know if its still the same price though at this time.[/QUOTE]

Actually, that sale is long over. It scans for $39.99 there now.

[quote name='Rocko']I'm not sure I understand the clearance thing, is that whole 20% off thing 20% off of these prices, or is ut just an extra 5% off from 15% to 20%? Or do these new prices reflect that drop?[/quote]

Anyone?

I have found Need For Speed Carbon for 360 at two separate TRU's. One had it for 19.99 (and it rang up that way) and the other for 49.99, and I was in a hurry, they had multiple copies, and I didn't scan it.

There's an extra 20% off coupon you can take in, and clearance items are an extra 20% off. They are taken one after the other. So for example, I got moto gp06 for 6.40 after 20% and 20% off. (40% would've been $6. get it?) Hope that helps.

How confident are you all that if it's marked 49.99 it'll ring up clearance? They had the other clearance games pretty clearly marked. It's a bit of a drive, that's why I ask.

Stopped at two TRU's this morning, and can confirm the following:

Moto GP 06 = $9.90 - 20% = $7.92

Need For Speed: Carbon = $49.99 (not sure if there are multi skus on this, or if it's a YMMV)

GC

Baten Kaitos Origins = $19.98 - 20% = $15.98

Picked up a copy of Baten Kaitos Origins and Moto GP 06, and they're both for trade (CML.)

[quote name='velvet396']There's an extra 20% off coupon you can take in, and clearance items are an extra 20% off. They are taken one after the other. So for example, I got moto gp06 for 6.40 after 20% and 20% off. (40% would've been $6. get it?) Hope that helps.[/QUOTE]

Where's the coupon?

I scaned back through the posts but didn't see it listed.

[quote name='Orrimarrko']Stopped at two TRU's this morning, and can confirm the following:

Moto GP 06 = $9.90 - 20% = $7.92

Need For Speed: Carbon = $49.99 (not sure if there are multi skus on this, or if it's a YMMV)

GC

Baten Kaitos Origins = $19.98 - 20% = $15.98

Picked up a copy of Baten Kaitos Origins and Moto GP 06, and they're both for trade (CML.)[/QUOTE]

Confirmed in Madison, WI as well. I picked up Baten Kaitos Origins for $15.98 and Jade Empire for $4.00 this afternoon. No coupon needed, they rang up at those prices automatically.

[quote name='v0yce']Where's the coupon?

I scaned back through the posts but didn't see it listed.[/quote]

The only 20% coupon I know of is the one that just expired on Saturday. There is a 15% that goes into effect next sunday, however.

20% off coupon expired on Saturday. However in store they were offering 20% off of all clearance (price adjusted at register). This also expired on Saturday however a few TRU employees I spoke with thought it might be extended through the 1st.

I picked up:

Perfect Dark Zero Collector's Edition for $9.98 before discounts. - Ohio Cag's there are about 10+ of these left at the Chapel Hill TRU

Moto GP 06 - $9.98 before discounts - I got the last one at Parma Town, there's 1 left at Chapel Hill

The Parma Town TRU is completely cleared out. The guy working said that someone came in and bought every 360 title that was on clearance. Said he was bragging that he was going to all the stores and buying up every title.

When I asked what titles the guy started naming them off and I had to tell him to stop. Gears of War Collectors was one that I distinctly remember, priced at $9.98. I have not seen this myself to confirm.

However by the titles this guy listed I would have every "Collectors" edition 360 game price checked at TRU if you are remotely interested.

[quote name='daminion']20% off coupon expired on Saturday. However in store they were offering 20% off of all clearance (price adjusted at register). This also expired on Saturday however a few TRU employees I spoke with thought it might be extended through the 1st.

I picked up:

Perfect Dark Zero Collector's Edition for $9.98 before discounts. - Ohio Cag's there are about 10+ of these left at the Chapel Hill TRU

Moto GP 06 - $9.98 before discounts - I got the last one at Parma Town, there's 1 left at Chapel Hill

The Parma Town TRU is completely cleared out. The guy working said that someone came in and bought every 360 title that was on clearance. Said he was bragging that he was going to all the stores and buying up every title.

When I asked what titles the guy started naming them off and I had to tell him to stop. Gears of War Collectors was one that I distinctly remember, priced at $9.98. I have not seen this myself to confirm.

However by the titles this guy listed I would have every "Collectors" edition 360 game price checked at TRU if you are remotely interested.[/quote]

The PDZ:CE price is YMMV. It was clearanced at my TRU, but was still like $28. That's what came up on the price checker as well.

[quote name='Rocko']I'm not sure I understand the clearance thing, is that whole 20% off thing 20% off of these prices, or is ut just an extra 5% off from 15% to 20%? Or do these new prices reflect that drop?[/QUOTE]
Hope this helps -- any price ending in 8 is a clearence item and currently all clearence items get 20% off at the register (no coupon required). For example, Loco Roco just dropped to 19.98 so the actual price is 19.98 - 20% = $15.98 (approx.).

[quote name='sp00ge']The PDZ:CE price is YMMV. It was clearanced at my TRU, but was still like $28. That's what came up on the price checker as well.[/quote]

The normal version was marked at $29.98 at my TRU, which is a clearance price as well. The two look virtually identical except for the fine print at the top of the box that says it's a collector's edition. Since it's an M game it's locked behind their case. I had to ask several times for them to open the case since they kept telling me that they were sold out...

As it turned out their huge stack was actually collectors editions and they only had a handful of the regularily priced version.

[quote name='oremites']Hope this helps -- any price ending in 8 is a clearence item and currently all clearence items get 20% off at the register (no coupon required). For example, Loco Roco just dropped to 19.98 so the actual price is 19.98 - 20% = $15.98 (approx.).[/quote]

Alright, thank you. I saw a post about that but wasn't sure if it might mean all clearance items are 20% off their normal price, or clearance has moved to 20% off, or, as you have clarified, all clearance items have an extra 20% taken off of their clearance price.

Thanks again. :)

Thanks OP... stopped by the Montgomery, PA TRU and picked up Need For Speed: Carbon CE, Lost Planet CE, and Prey CE for 25.20 total

[quote name='Shadow1086']Thanks OP... stopped by the Montgomery, PA TRU and picked up Need For Speed: Carbon CE, Lost Planet CE, and Prey CE for 25.20 total[/quote]

They were all $9.90 before the 20% and tax?

Holy Crap.

[quote name='daminion']20% off coupon expired on Saturday. However in store they were offering 20% off of all clearance (price adjusted at register). This also expired on Saturday however a few TRU employees I spoke with thought it might be extended through the 1st.

I picked up:

However by the titles this guy listed I would have every "Collectors" edition 360 game price checked at TRU if you are remotely interested.[/quote]

Sometimes when this happens it pays to stop back in a few days later. My local TRU stores keep extra stock in back and sometiimes will restock clearance games, even after they look to be cleaned out. Of course with really rare "Collectors Edition" versions it's less likely that they had a truckload to begin with.

I picked up:

ahh great, now there is now use heading up to the tru at parma town!

The TRU I work at doesnt have anything. After work I went over, we dont even have any copies of Madden 07! So obviously, we didnt have any of the good clearance CE versions of the 360 games.

Not much at my TRU -

Picked up:

PSP
Killzone: Liberation - 15.98 + tax

PS2
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology - 5.18 + tax

Saw but left behind:
Baten Kaitos: Origins - GC
Capcom Classics Reloaded - PSP
a bunch of PSP UMD movies

Went this afternoon after work for Killzone..They had plenty at the Lakeside Mall ST Heights store. As she was ringing up I handed her a coupon from 7/28 for 20% off in my pocket that I never used. *BING* $15.89 out the door. :cool:

Karaoke Revolution Party for $5, and Karaoke Revolution Country for $9... but they had a 20% off discount, so they cost $4 and $7 a pop. YMMV!

I was at my TRU shortly after they opened today and they had nothing. A few Suikoden Tactics, a few Virtua Tennis, but that's about it. There's usually a very good amount of clearance stuff peppered throughout this store too, so it seems pretty fishy. All I wanted was FFIII anyway.

Wow, at first I didn't think there was anything on the list worthwhile...

HOWEVER!!

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CE (360) $9.90
Need for Speed: Carbon CE (360) $9.90
Perfect Dark Zero CE (360) $9.90
Prey CE (360) $9.90

Street Fighter Alpha Anthology (PS2)

Now these are worth hunting for (at least for me) - any help is always appreciated.

[quote name='Orrimarrko']Wow, at first I didn't think there was anything on the list worthwhile...

HOWEVER!!

Lost Planet: Extreme Condition CE (360) $9.90
Need for Speed: Carbon CE (360) $9.90
Perfect Dark Zero CE (360) $9.90
Prey CE (360) $9.90

Street Fighter Alpha Anthology (PS2)
.[/quote]

Is this ymmv? If not then I want Lost Planet and Street Fighter, can anyone confirm?

[quote name='oasisboy']Is this ymmv? If not then I want Lost Planet and Street Fighter, can anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

I can't confirm the entire list, but it looks like it would appear to be true. I can only confirm two of the titles, which were all that I could find at my local TRU. I think that the confirmation is the least of your worries...simply finding these CEs will be a difficult chore.

[quote name='lurknomore']I can't confirm the entire list, but it looks like it would appear to be true. I can only confirm two of the titles, which were all that I could find at my local TRU. I think that the confirmation is the least of your worries...simply finding these CEs will be a difficult chore.[/quote]

Which two? And I haven't seen a LP or Prey CE (or Gears if that is confirmed), I bought the only Carbon CE I've seen and I've seen a handful of PDZ CEs, so yeah, it will be the lucky ones who get them at these prices. Also, PDZ is still 28 or 13 depending on which store you look for it around me which makes the YMMVness that much greater. But, I'll look everywhere for a LP CE anyways.

Pricing is YMMV, saw but did not buy Madden 06 for the 360 which was $12.00 before the 20% off. Picked up Gun for the original XBox for $4.00 after the 20% off.

[quote name='oasisboy']Is this ymmv? If not then I want Lost Planet and Street Fighter, can anyone confirm?[/quote]

I can confirm the ones I mentioned in my earlier post. I was only looking for the Need For Speed: Carbon CE, and picked up the last copy that they had in Montgomery, PA, but when I stayed around for a while just checking out the other games one of the clerks mentioned they had the Prey and Lost Planet CE's for the same price: 9.90 before the 20% off. Couldn't pass them up for that cheap. I didn't notice any of them at the King of Prussia TRU, though, so definite YMMV on even finding them.

[quote name='oasisboy']Is this ymmv? If not then I want Lost Planet and Street Fighter, can anyone confirm?[/QUOTE]

I can confirm Street Fighter Alpha Anthology for PS2 - picked it up for 5.18 after the 20% off deal

There were multiple copies of it

[quote name='laserdogg']I can confirm Street Fighter Alpha Anthology - picked it up for 5.18 after th 20% off deal

There were multiple copies of it[/quote]
WHERE WHERE WHERE??

[quote name='oasisboy']By the way, Street Fighter Anthology is $29.99 on toysrus.com so it seems that it is YMMV for those of you that paid $6 or so... same deal for Lost Planet, it is listed for $39.99 at the website

Street Fighter
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2402464&cp=&sr=1&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2255974&origkw=street+fighter&kw=street+fighter&parentPage=search

Lost Planet

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2600024&cp=&sr=1&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2254197&origkw=lost+planet&kw=lost+planet&parentPage=search[/quote]

B&M clearances are independent of website prices. Also, the website doesn't even have LP CE listed, just the standard version which is NOT clearanced in B&Ms. Out of PDZ, LP, NFS Carbon and Prey, none of the regular editions are clearanced in my area while the CE/LEs are anywhere between 9.90 to 27.98, if you can find it.

Wait a sec, my local store had several copies of Prey LE in their 360 display. There were at least two copies.

Looks like I'm gonna have to scan this entire thread to see what they have...

Folks, make sure to grab the $5 off $25 coupon if you plan to be spending that much. Makes these great prices that much sweeter. Can't beat FFIII for $14!

[quote name='Rocko']Folks, make sure to grab the $5 off $25 coupon if you plan to be spending that much. Makes these great prices that much sweeter. Can't beat FFIII for $14![/quote]

My local store ran out of them days ago. I managed to get one when I purchased Polarium Advance last week. I have one, but I'll be using that to snag some stuff tomorrow.

[quote name='Rocko']Folks, make sure to grab the $5 off $25 coupon if you plan to be spending that much. Makes these great prices that much sweeter. Can't beat FFIII for $14![/QUOTE]

I was gonna ask, from where can these be grabbed? I take it from the post after yours that it is in store only. Is there no scan of these available, or they don't take printed copies?

[quote name='io']I was gonna ask, from where can these be grabbed? I take it from the post after yours that it is in store only. Is there no scan of these available, or they don't take printed copies?[/quote]

I picked up several at the register in the "R" zone.

[quote name='io']I was gonna ask, from where can these be grabbed? I take it from the post after yours that it is in store only. Is there no scan of these available, or they don't take printed copies?[/quote]

I was given five of the little booklets of coupons they occasionally give out by the lady who rang up my NFS Carbon CE. It has a 5 off 25 coupon and a 15 %off 1 item coupon. Unfortunately, the dates applicable don't crossover. Also, unfortunately I always seem to only find one item of interest at each TRU and never get to use the 5 off coupon.

I saw another thread earlier which included scans of the two coupons in question. The title lists the two coupons and applicable dates. I don't know if they take scans.

bread's done
Back