An incredibly annoying problem with my Halo X-Box Console

nneace

CAGiversary!
Feedback
27 (100%)
As stated above, I have the Limited Edition Halo Xbox console, and I am having a serious problem. I have both the Halo controller and a neon green S controller, and everytime I play the system will pause and say that the controller is unplugged. It happens with both controllers, and I can't go for more than 5 minutes without it happening. Recently, it will happen so much it just freezes the Xbox. What the hell can I do? And does anyone else have the same problem?

I think that my controllers just have a bad chord, becuase if you move the controllers they no longer work.

It's kind of hard to diagnose your problem without actually seeing it in person. Maybe a video clip would help.

Have you tried a new controller? Or your controllers on a friend's Xbox. See if you can take your controller down to EB and use the one they have there.

yes. your controller cords are fucked up. Try wraping the cord once around the controller either forwards or backwards depending on if it works and tape it in place. Or if it works with the cord being straight use a pen or stick and tape it to the controller and cord.

[quote name='DT778']yes. your controller cords are fucked up. Try wraping the cord once around the controller either forwards or backwards depending on if it works and tape it in place. Or if it works with the cord being straight use a pen or stick and tape it to the controller and cord.[/quote]

Thanks I will try that. As far as screen shots go, there is no physical damage to report. I take great care of my stuff, so I don't see why both controllers would suddenly go.

Do you wrap the cord around the controller each time you are done using it? That is a no-no with the Xbox controller. You don't want any bending or pressure on the cord where it goes into the controller.

I have the green halo S controller and I don't think I've ever had anything like this happen. Sounds like a short in the cable like everyone else is saying. Wrapping the cord might solve the problem temporarily, but you might just wanna sell it to gamestop and get another one. More trouble than its worth.

I've had that trouble with my launch window PS2 and it's pack-in controller. I'm sure it's the controller and not the port on the console because I can get it working again with a jiggle of the cord near the controller. I never fixed it or bought another controller though, since I hardly touch the PS2 anymore. But I would guess your problem is also controller related.

MjC

[quote name='redline']Do you wrap the cord around the controller each time you are done using it? That is a no-no with the Xbox controller. You don't want any bending or pressure on the cord where it goes into the controller.[/quote]

That is exactly what I did? Is there any cheap way to fix it, or should I just trade them in? One of them is the Halo controller too. Dam.

[quote name='nneace']That is exactly what I did? Is there any cheap way to fix it, or should I just trade them in? One of them is the Halo controller too. Dam.[/quote]

Assuming the cord isn't soldered straight to the board you could get a cheap POS controller and swap the cables.

the cheapest way to fix it is the find the bend or angle that works and tape it in place. Or if you had a soldering iron just go in and fix it. fucking microsoft and its piece of shit controllers. I've had a lot of them fuck up like this but I would just exchange them but that was back in the days when you could find them in stores.

Yeah they are really difficult to find. I have to friends that work in Gamestops and they are always keeping an eye out for used S controllers.

i'd send it in to het repaired...my halo xbox went crazy a little under a year ago. i had to turn on and off my console about 20-30 times until the console actually turned on and read the game. when i turned it on it would just put up a black screen, wouldn't read the disc, and just kept blinking the yellow light. sent it in to get it repaired and works perfectly. only reason i suggest is that MS may stop repairing old xboxes altogether in the next few months especially considering there are no new games coming out for it...just my 2 cents

as far as your problem goes and you trouble shooting it personally, i would head on over to xbox-scene and see what they have to say on teh forums. those guys are god damn geniuses when it comes to any hardware problems on the box and it may be a simple fix without you even having to open up the console.

bread's done
Back