And the new Blizzard game is...

[quote name='gokou36']I reinstalled Brood Wars just last week, had nothing to do with the news of SC2. Starcraft is one of THE BEST PC games, well in my opinion at least.

A Starcraft MMO would've sucked, there are just some games that doesn't fit in the MMO genre.

Be prepared to wait until at least 2009 before this game comes out. Blizzard games DO take that long.[/quote]

very true but thats a little exagerrating it, they have a way bigger budget now than ever because of the profits from WoW and they also said they have been working on SC2 since they finished WC3: Frozen Throne in 2003.

Also in the Gamespot.com article they mention that all 3 races are playable in multiplayer currently so it seems they are pretty far in development. My hope is that without delays it can come in 1 year but lets see.

[quote name='crazyj']very true but thats a little exagerrating it, they have a way bigger budget now than ever because of the profits from WoW and they also said they have been working on SC2 since they finished WC3: Frozen Throne in 2003.

Also in the Gamespot.com article they mention that all 3 races are playable in multiplayer currently so it seems they are pretty far in development. My hope is that without delays it can come in 1 year but lets see.[/quote]

5 bucks says it will be out for Kwanza 2008.

I can't believe even Starcraft 2 came out before Duke Nukem Forever. I guess we'll be seeing the Phantom sometime soon too.

[quote name='The Crotch']There have been three Warcrafts so far. Four with World. Eight (?) with expansions. There has been one Starcraft (two counting Brood War). There would be no sense behind releasing yet another Warcraft.[/quote]

Yea that would be ridiculous. That would be like Square releasing fifteen Final Fantasy games and having five more in the works at the same time instead of releasing a 3rd Chrono Trigger game.

...wait a second......

[quote name='DJSteel']i betcha they are going to do a starcraft and diablo mmorpg...[/quote]

Thank you captain obvious.

Im getting tired of hearing people say that they want this blizzard franchise, or this one. Look blizzard really only has 3 ips.

They cant blow there whole load at once, they have to save some.

Just be glad they are coming back to the RTS genre. I mean with all the money blizzard makes from WoW, they honestly never needed to revisit the old franchises. They could have just put more time money and resources into WoW expansions and said fuck the old Ips.

Now please just be happy blizzard does not forget about their fans. Since this game is basically just fanservice.

[quote name='The Crotch']Starcarft Q&A
Starcraft Art Design Discussion
Starcraft Gameplay Details

We've gone a generation without a Chrono game. Hate to say it, but a lot of gamers today don't really know the name "Chrono Trigger". I'm not saying it's impossible (Metroid skipped a generation, save for Samus' SSB cameo), but the longer we go, the less likely Chrono Break is.

What's the difference between this situation and Starcraft? I dunno. SC's continued popularity, maybe.

I'm still waiting for Madden 'XX to be replaced by a Mutant League Football.[/quote]

I think you guys missed my point :p I was just saying that companies don't do what makes "sense" they do what makes money. I wouldn't have been surprised if the next 10 games that came out of Blizzard were all Warcraft in order to capitalize on how well WoW is doing. Let's just be thankful they're not going to be :)

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']I think you guys missed my point :p I was just saying that companies don't do what makes "sense" they do what makes money. I wouldn't have been surprised if the next 10 games that came out of Blizzard were all Warcraft in order to capitalize on how well WoW is doing. Let's just be thankful they're not going to be :)[/quote]

Starcraft 2 is going to make a shit ton of money. While the singleplayer is awesome, the multiplayer on Battle.net is the big draw. and i know they're going to have a revamped CD-Key system so piracy won't be a huge issue..

Blizzard is probably the smartest/most succesful gaming outfit ever, and they know that what the people want is Starcraft 2.

Don't get too excited guys - sometime in 2000/2002 most of Blizzard's OGs left to form some other company... That's why Diablo 2 wasn't super amazing, WC3 was "ok" and not amazing, etc.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

[quote name='MadChedar0']Don't get too excited guys - sometime in 2000/2002 most of Blizzard's OGs left to form some other company... That's why Diablo 2 wasn't super amazing, WC3 was "ok" and not amazing, etc.

I'm cautiously optimistic.[/quote]

Yeah, most of the main people in the company, such as Chris Metzen and Rob Pardo, are still orginals and know what not to mess with.

to MadChedar0:

Yeah, uh, I dunno what you're smoking, but Diablo II WAS amazing, and so was Warcraft III. Also, apparently you haven't played WoW, but that's a pretty amazing game there, too.

If you go the "MMOs are stupid, only fags play MMOs" route, you instantly invalidate your opinion.

[quote name='MadChedar0']Don't get too excited guys - sometime in 2000/2002 most of Blizzard's OGs left to form some other company... That's why Diablo 2 wasn't super amazing, WC3 was "ok" and not amazing, etc.

I'm cautiously optimistic.[/quote]
Yea I don't know what the hell you're smoking either. D2 and WC3 were both fantastic games and huge steps beyond their prequels. I would fully qualify both games and their expansions as "super amazing".

It was like 3-4 high ranking Blizzard employees who left to found Flagship studios (http://www.flagshipstudios.com/). The most significant being Bill Roper (you might recognize the name because he used to do all the interviews). From their site: "[SIZE=-1]Development company founded by former executives at Blizzard North."[/SIZE]

Starcraft 2 has been way over do. I remember playing the first one back in 1998 on my parents Intel Pentium II Dell. I bought the expansion pack at CompUSA 4 years ago for $5 but I never finished it. I should look into playing through the expansion campaign this weekend. As I would like to learn how to play it all over again. It amazes me, how huge this game is still in South Korea, nearly 10 years after it came out.

Oh please oh please oh please...

Let it run on Macs. I can play Starcraft and WoW and Diablo 2. Please Blizzard, please make it run on Macs.

EDIT - Yup, it will run on Macs. Color me beyond thrilled.

[quote name='H.Cornerstone']Is it just me, or do the Protoss look very similiar to the Draenai of Word of Warcraft?[/quote]

The look more similar to the Broken in WoW than the regular Draenai. If the Broken were taller and wore power armor.

"And the new Blizzard game is..."

NOT coming out in 2007:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18925251/

Interview with Rob Pardo:

Speaking of secrets, what is your timeline for release for “StarCraft II?”

It’s a secret! I can give you the old Blizzard mantra of: “It’ll ship when it’s ready,” but it’s something that historically, we’ve learned to keep release dates really close to the vest. I think all game developers are extremely optimistic, and we used to give optimistic dates and we’d disappoint our fans when we didn’t hit them. So now, I think we’ve just gotten more gun shy. The only thing I can give you [that’s] concrete is it’s not going to be this year. Some people were hoping, because of how advanced the game looks, that we’d have it out by Christmas, but that’s definitely not happening.

bread's done
Back