Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
New Sales on Google Play
Sparkle 2 Evo - $2.99 $0.99
I own Sparkle HD, the marble shooter, and this game. I never played this one much but sometimes go to play Sparkle, tap this instead and confuse the hell out of myself for about twenty seconds before I figure it out.

I don't know if Sparkle 2 Evo gets more interesting later on but it starts off with drifting around and eating plankton for twenty minutes which isn't exactly gripping game play.

TransWorld Endless Skater review

It's free to play and pretty fun. Just came out last week.

TransWorld Endless Skater on Google Play
This is all I can think of when I hear Transworld.

RHPS-SweetTransvestiteL.png

Groovy. Had $5 App credit (not coins) so got Wayward Souls and converted $1.50 into coins. Double-Win!
Isn't there a screen where you can check and see if you have any of those credits or something? The problem with the Android app store is you can't just through it in the cart and check if you have a promo credit without buying like you can with PC games.

Remember when Amazon had a PC game store and people actually bought from them? :p

You earn back 150 coins if you buy Wayward Souls now from Amazon.
Sounds good to me.

Groovy. Had $5 App credit (not coins) so got Wayward Souls and converted $1.50 into coins. Double-Win!
Glad you mentioned that. When I bought Random Heroes 2, my balance didn't go down and I still had the extra 30 coins. Thought Amazon goofed but I actually have Amazon app store credit left. I'm now down to ....

3 CENTS!

Isn't there a screen where you can check and see if you have any of those credits or something? The problem with the Android app store is you can't just through it in the cart and check if you have a promo credit without buying like you can with PC games.

Remember when Amazon had a PC game store and people actually bought from them? :p
Go to Amazon.com and search for an app you would have to purchase. On the right side of the screen, click on "Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance" to see your available funds.

Go to Amazon.com and search for an app you would have to purchase. On the right side of the screen, click on "Redeem a gift card or promotion code & view balance" to see your available funds.
Oh, duh, that was easy. Thanks.

And I wish they would let us partial pay with coins (YOU HEAR THAT TONY?)

Signed - Not an Amazon coins gazillionaire.

How much coinage do you guys have if you are buying the whole studios library, or do they have less games on Amazon? They've got a ton on GPlay.
I guess you missed out on all the Amazon Coins giveaways back in May. They were giving away tons of Amazon Coins for buying free apps or select pay apps. When you bought GTA San Andreas for 699 Amazon Coins, you could earn 2,000 Amazon Coins back.

I got some of those free ones but I bought a bunch of Kairosoft stuff on the sale. I had a decent amount but never an insane amount like some people are making out to have.

I did the GTA thing but they screwed it up and I didn't get all the coins somehow so they gave me Amazon credit instead which I was happy to have.

BTW, I was able to use the 3 cents towards Wayward Souls and Amazon coins took the rest so partial payment works.

Currently sitting on 2,785 coins.

I always get the coins I have (less than the game amount) greyed out. Then there's a link below it saying 'Why can't I pay with coins?' and then if I click through it says I need X number of coins first before I can buy that game with coins.

*Edit

s5LWcY9.png

YvG3KOf.png

Amazon has always been kind of weird with certain buy methods / mixing methods on digital stuff. You still can't pay with Discover or Citibank reward points on digital content, you have to use them to buy yourself a gift card (with a minimum of $10) and wait for it to get shipped to you and redeem it as a roundabout way to do it.

Ended up buying Wayward Souls last night after all the talk in this thread and the addition of 150 coins back, as well as realizing this would be the cheapest it's ever going to be. Thanks for the heads-up, everyone.

It works one way only:

If you have x amount of credit, it will use that credit plus the rest in coins if you have coins to cover it.

It doesn't do partial coin credits the other way around though.  So whatever you are purchasing you need to have enough coins to cover the entire purchase, tax included.

I haven't tried it, but could it be possible to buy x amount of gift card to work around this?

Finally got around to playing Wayward Souls. Yeah, I can see this getting a bit addictive. And for what it's worth, I'm not having any problems playing it on the small screen of my Nexus 5.

BssPfA_CYAUmaS5.jpg

Since I lack any social media including fakes, would anyone mind going to ikoid.com/future and voting for mecho wars and heroes of steel. Those types of games are exactly what I want.

FYI, RocketCat is adding controller support to the iOS version of Wayward Souls and is planning on sending the controller code to Noodlecake shortly thereafter. So we may see Wayward Souls getting Amazon Fire TV support sometime in the next few months.

Hopefully, that'll take care of the Chromecast lag on which I blame a majority of my deaths.

Newegg is having a sale on their Refurbished: Hisense Sero 7 PRO $89.99 w/Free Shipping ($49.99 after $40 rebate)

That's super tempting, especially since I was looking at tablet reviews last night...

Maybe CLAF will chime in with an update as he recently purchased a refurb Sero.
I'll say this, it took three tries, but I finally have a working Sero 7 Pro and am very happy with it. For $50 I would definitely recommend it. It plays most games fine and runs great and has the same or more features than more expensive tablets.

The returns were also not a big hassle. Both times, Newegg provided return shipping labels and shipped me out a replacement quickly after they received the return. So I would definitely recommend it because even if you get a bad one, exchanging it is easy.

Yeah, didn't work for me...only got 150 coins back. I think some people are getting confused by the 250 coin bonus you get when you purchase your first app from the Amazon App Store or some such.
I think the same. Still, I was probably going to get it anyway, and 150 back is better than nothing.

bread's done
Back