Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a deal, but something to try if your on android 4.4, you can already switch your runtime from dalvik to ART. Which so far for me has taken my battery life from what usually would last 50% in ~6-8hrs to having 90% left in the same amount of time. It recompiles all your apps so its not doing it on the fly anymore, speeds up everything basically and supposed to reduce memory usage as well

Go to the about screen, tap the build number 7 times, then back up and hit developer options, change runtime to art. It will reboot, then recompile all your apps (so make sure you have enough battery or are plugged in)

Of course it's a dev option so ymmv use at your own risk etc, it's been known to break a few apps here and there but most devs have been quick to fix
Thanks for getting my hopes up at least. Naturally for some reason Verizon Galaxy S3s remove the "Change runtime" option. :wall:

How's Call of Cthulhi: Wasted Land? I have been looking for something with tactical gameplay similar to Shadowrun Returns.
Have you tried The Battle for Wesnoth?

The above link is to the free version to try out. I'm not sure what's included, but it's a very small chunk of the entire game.

There is also a $3.99 version that I use as my fall back whenever I need that strategy game fix.

I haven't. I didn't know there was an android version. Always meant to get around to it on the pc and never did. I hear the rng can really feel like its fuck-ing you though. Is it by the same developers? There's talk in the reviews that this may be basically pirated code.

Thanks for getting my hopes up at least. Naturally for some reason Verizon Galaxy S3s remove the "Change runtime" option. :wall:
Ahh, probably should have prefaced Im on a nexus 5, so its basically unlocked already. Not sure what other phones are like. I was going to try it on the gf's galaxy s4 tonight if the option existed

Ahh, probably should have prefaced Im on a nexus 5, so its basically unlocked already. Not sure what other phones are like. I was going to try it on the gf's galaxy s4 tonight if the option existed
I read someone saying it wasn't on their S4 too, but I dunno. Disappointing.

I imagine it probably works for Samsung if you root and use a custom ROM. I'm using a custom 4.4 rom on my note II. I'll have to try it when I get home later.

I imagine it probably works for Samsung if you root and use a custom ROM. I'm using a custom 4.4 rom on my note II. I'll have to try it when I get home later.
giphy.gif

So I did the ART thing on my Note II rooted with custom ROM (shaddup, it wasn't hard) and it really does work. I've got 96% battery after sitting all night off the charger.

Anyone got any opinions on any of the games in the ikoid bundle. Hero of many looks like it could be fun. Lemegeton looks cool if I ever got an android box but not a game I'd want to play touch screen. Cthulhu looks great and is what I'm most interested The other two I don't think I'd ever touch though.

No one else plays Knights & Dragons ? (Google Play's most addicting game of 2013!)

We could start a CAG Guild if anyone's interested.

I'm still looking for a card battling type game. Star Realms .  was a little too complicated/confusing. And the super tiny font doesn't help.

No one else plays Knights & Dragons ? (Google Play's most addicting game of 2013!)

I'm still looking for a card battling type game. Star Realms . was a little too complicated/confusing. And the super tiny font doesn't help.
Combat monsters is a tactical/card battling game that's fun. Has IAP and it's geared towards buying the tripler early. Pretty easy to get buy with just the tripler though which is permanent.

[quote name="eldergamer" post="11913462" timestamp="1405098049"]No one else plays Knights & Dragons ? (Google Play's most addicting game of 2013!)

I'm still looking for a card battling type game. Star Realms . was a little too complicated/confusing. And the super tiny font doesn't help.[/quote]

I'm playing K&D, but not diligently.

Well like I told you before I never had a kajillion coins like some of you guys and what I had I spent on Kairosoft stuff on sale so either way it's not free for me, though the Steam version will obligatorily be more expensive just because. :roll:

I really want Wayward Souls.  I guess I'll spend some free Amazon coin for now, but I would really want it on the 3DS. I just mentioned the other day in a 3DS thread about not buying Android games for jacked up prices on the 3DS, but this is the exact opposite.  It shouldn't be on Android.  It deserves to be a PC and console (eShop/XBLA/PSN) game.

Watched a few Youtube playthroughs to get an idea of the controls (virtual D-pad anywhere you touch on the left side, touch right side to attack or swipe up for special, swipe down for shield activation), and one of them also mentioned the pricing:

$4.99 now, +$1 for each major update they do for the game.  They don't plan on having it go on sale, and will be rewarding early adopters with this pricing (free updates for life once you buy it).

My final concern is the Amazon Appstore re: their poorly slow implementation of updates vs. GooglePlay.  Fortunately for a game like this, it will mostly be just making things better rather than fixing game-breaking bugs like we usually see for Android stuff (looking fiercely at you, Card Wars)

I'd buy it if.

1. It was cheaper.

2. I wasn't concerned about the screen size on my phone.

3. It was more turn based vs action. (Concerns about touch controls)

Are they going to enable it (Wayward Souls) for the Fire TV? Not that I have one yet but just thinking ahead.

Maybe Tony knows? (HINT HINT if you are lurking Tony).

Couple of things I noticed on the Amazon App Store today:

- While looking at the Wayward Souls page (looks good but a little pricey) I noticed the developer also made Random Heroes.  It's a free side scrolling platformer I've had on my tablet for quite a while. It's fun, but would be better to play with a physical controller.

I also noticed they made a sequel, Random Heroes 2, which is 99 cents and gives you 30 coins for free when purchasing.

-  Want a way to use up your Amazon coins?   The store added Family Guy: The Quest for Stuff. It's basically Simpsons Tapped Out in the Family Guy universe.  The in app purchases should work with coins so you can level up faster.

I plan on using my coins towards a Shonen Jump subscription ($25.99 or 2,599 coins) once I move so if I have enough funds, I'll use it to get Wayward Souls.

I could've sworn I read somewhere that they were working controller support. Hell, could have been earlier in this thread. The touch controls are much better than others I've played, though. I hate virtual analog nubs.

I really want Wayward Souls...It deserves to be a PC and console (eShop/XBLA/PSN) game...My final concern is the Amazon Appstore re: their poorly slow implementation of updates vs. GooglePlay. Fortunately for a game like this, it will mostly be just making things better rather than fixing game-breaking bugs like we usually see for Android stuff (looking fiercely at you, Card Wars)
According to the game's website, the PC version is "coming soon". With regard to the Amazon updates, Google Play will recognize many games bought at the Amazon appstore. For instance, I got Card Wars free on the Amazon Appstore, and my Google Play account shows me as owning the game on Google. This doesn't work for all games, and I don't know if it works on every device (I have a Google Nexus 7).

All This talk of Wayward souls and no mention that Amazon put Bastion on the appstore?

Only $0.99, not a bad place to drop some coins.

Amazon- Bastion
It looks like bullshit unfortunately. Who is SOLA STUDIO that put it up? It seems like it'd be published by Warner or Supergiant. Also, the description seems to have been copied directly from the Apple Appstore as all of the language is about iOS.

It looks like bullshit unfortunately. Who is SOLA STUDIO that put it up? It seems like it'd be published by Warner or Supergiant. Also, the description seems to have been copied directly from the Apple Appstore as all of the language is about iOS.
It looks like they stuck a bunch of stuff up in the past few weeks. Looks very shady.

Re-Volt (old PC game) got a (legit) reboot release on Android a few months back, by WeGo Interactive. SOLA STUDIO is selling on Amazon AppStore.

In fact there's only one review of any SOLA game on Amazon and it's a 1-star from a kindle owner who claims there's no download.

Didnt even take that into perspective, Im just digging around and saw it. 99 cents & looks ok, didnt get past that. Thats the issue with Amazon, too many bootleggers or pirates that sell the game as their own. Such a high profile game though, wondering how they're getting away with it. It has to get approved before they list it on Amazon right?

Didnt even take that into perspective, Im just digging around and saw it. 99 cents & looks ok, didnt get past that. Thats the issue with Amazon, too many bootleggers or pirates that sell the game as their own. Such a high profile game though, wondering how they're getting away with it. It has to get approved before they list it on Amazon right?
Cross check the entry on GPlay... (which has plenty of shady listings, but is at least better trafficked)

With regard to the Amazon updates, Google Play will recognize many games bought at the Amazon appstore. For instance, I got Card Wars free on the Amazon Appstore, and my Google Play account shows me as owning the game on Google. This doesn't work for all games, and I don't know if it works on every device (I have a Google Nexus 7).
Bought & played one full life's worth of Wayward Souls (Level 4, not bad). Now I want to play it a few more times instead of doing anything else :)

I've seen Amazon show GooglePlay games as "On device but not installed by the Amazon Appstore" and vice-versa to a degree, and Wayward Souls shows up on GooglePlay as installed now that I bought it from Amazon, but there doesn't seem to be a way to update it. Currently Amazon is 1.12 while Google is 1.12.1 ... not exactly the biggest version difference, if any at all.

If updating across services works, then I wasted $4 to re-buy Card Wars on Google when the Deck Wars update (including fixing the game-breaking bug) released.

I've never gotten updates from Google Play for an app I got from Amazon. Doesn't show up in Google as owned, either. Only as installed. Wouldn't really expect it to show as owned, anyway.

Aaaaand I just bought all of the Noodlecake Studios games. Wayward Souls looked so good, I checked the rest out and was impressed. Thanks to those that brought their games up!

How much coinage do you guys have if you are buying the whole studios library, or do they have less games on Amazon? They've got a ton on GPlay.

It looks like they stuck a bunch of stuff up in the past few weeks. Looks very shady.

Re-Volt (old PC game) got a (legit) reboot release on Android a few months back, by WeGo Interactive. SOLA STUDIO is selling on Amazon AppStore.

In fact there's only one review of any SOLA game on Amazon and it's a 1-star from a kindle owner who claims there's no download.
Bought.

Time to play Bastion on Android, suckers!

Morbid curiosity strikes again.

EDIT: Yup, no download for it. 100% nonsense scam. Got refunded after a couple minutes with Amazon chat and let them know of the scam, so hopefully SOLA STUDIO will get the axe soon enough.

Bought.

Time to play Bastion on Android, suckers!

Morbid curiosity strikes again.

EDIT: Yup, no download for it. 100% nonsense scam. Got refunded after a couple minutes with Amazon chat and let them know of the scam, so hopefully SOLA STUDIO will get the axe soon enough.
...and yet you can still buy it on Amazon :wall:

bread's done
Back