Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Rhythm of Fighters, a music game based on King of Fighters, released yesterday on Google Play for .99. SNK fans might recognize the gameplay as Cool Cool Toon, a music game SNK released on Dreamcast in the early aughts.

There are a few new free apps in the Special Discounts section, so you might want to check to see if are missing any of those.
thanks, checked that and found yet another game dev game. as if i needed more of those.

got a couple more kairosoft games that are on sale too. good day for apps, and i actually got to use some of those coins. if amazon would get twewy solo remix, i'd be all set.

Be careful with that MacGyver app... there's an optional cheat app that's jam-packed with spyware. Spyware, on an Android? That actually happens? Anyway, if your tablet gets infected, you're probably not going to be able to get MacGyver to do tech support for you.

got a couple more kairosoft games that are on sale too. good day for apps, and i actually got to use some of those coins. if amazon would get twewy solo remix, i'd be all set.
Yeah, I noticed the Kairosoft sale, since Dungeon Village was free. Here's a link to all their games; they sure do have a lot of different management sims.

I was playing free game Aerena: Clash of Champions for 15 minutes this morning. Fun, quick turn-based battle with decent graphics for a tablet. It looks like it might be a bit more challenging than Angry Birds Epic, which was okay for a little while.

Installed Heroes of Dragon Age. Love how games have a small d/l size but then a 5X greater install space.

Had to uninstall Amateur Surgeon 3 to make room. (The game was one fun but I could never even make it past the third surgery.)

Also added Empire: Deck Building and some other card CCG since I've got an it seems difficult to find a good one of those for mobile.

If you've got young kids, or enjoy quirky puzzles -- today's Amazon FAOTD is worth checking out. And hey, if yuo're Swedish (like my wife and son) you'll even recognize the characters!

I have a $5 App credit about to expire so I'm going to buy two $2.50 sale Kairosoft games.  Any recommendations?  Played Dungeon Village and Game Dev Story ad I'm sure the rest are pretty much the same thing but didn't know if any had anything unique to make them especially desirable or avoid-worthy.

If you've got young kids, or enjoy quirky puzzles -- today's Amazon FAOTD is worth checking out. And hey, if yuo're Swedish (like my wife and son) you'll even recognize the characters!
Awesome. I've got the first one installed on my two-year-old daughter's tablet, and she loves it (she can even do some of the puzzles on her own). I wonder if the completed puzzles from that one transfer over or if she needs to solve them again. Doesn't really matter, just curious.

I have a $5 App credit about to expire so I'm going to buy two $2.50 sale Kairosoft games. Any recommendations? Played Dungeon Village and Game Dev Story ad I'm sure the rest are pretty much the same thing but didn't know if any had anything unique to make them especially desirable or avoid-worthy.
I personally loathe soccer but I loved it and I'm enjoying the ninjas one right now as well. Game Dev was my first one.

Had like $2 in that credit that was expiring today so ended up picking up a random Kairosoft game since Dungeon Village is pretty fun, went with Kairobotica since I liked the theme, may also pick up that other space (Astro?) themed one as well before they end that sale. 

Not sure I'd seen this before, but Amazon has a page with all the apps that give coins. (There are 5,000+.) I clicked on a few, but none of them seem to be moneymakers. A lot of the recent freebies are on there, as is Random Heroes 2. (I enjoyed the first one.)

Is there any notification for disappearing Amazon credit? I wouldn't be surprised if some of mine is going away, but I'd like to check.

Is there any notification for disappearing Amazon credit? I wouldn't be surprised if some of mine is going away, but I'd like to check.
I received an email from them a few days ago warning that I had a $5 app credit voucher set to expire today. So they did make an attempt to let me know.

Not sure if this is old news or not, but I decided to spend my gazillions of Amazon coins on Zen Pinball tables.  Apparently, the table IAPs are rewarding 30% back in coins immediately after purchase.  So, 60 coins back for the $1.99/199 coin tables and 30 coins back for the $0.99/99 coin tables.

Not sure if this is old news or not, but I decided to spend my gazillions of Amazon coins on Zen Pinball tables. Apparently, the table IAPs are rewarding 30% back in coins immediately after purchase. So, 60 coins back for the $1.99/199 coin table and 30 coins back for the $0.99/99 coin tables.
Do you know if the Zen Pinball IAPs get tied to your account?

Do you know if the Zen Pinball IAPs get tied to your account?
I had no IAPs previously, but just reinstalled Zen through Google Play and all my Amazon purchases showed up. Interestingly, Zen Pinball HD versions are different between Amazon (v1.5) and Google Play (v1.18).

Edit: Check that...I just went back into the GP version of ZPHD and all my Amazon purchases disappeared. I probably should have read that popup that asked me to accept something. :wall: Or maybe having both versions installed at the same time caused an issue?

All Virtual City games are free right now, I think.

Including Virtual City and Virtual City Playground.
How do you tell which game is normally free and which one is special free? Don't all G5 games have free versions?

Downloaded virtual city 2 and once in the game it's asking for $2.99 to unlock the full game.

How do you tell which game is normally free and which one is special free? Don't all G5 games have free versions?

Downloaded virtual city 2 and once in the game it's asking for $2.99 to unlock the full game.
If you see it on Google you should just assume it's always free and has some sort of in-app purchase to unlock the full version. Once in awhile G5 makes their games free for a limited time. You can check http://www.g5e.com/sale for the latest freebies. With Google Play they usually provide a special link for the free version for a limited time. Then after the deal is over the link is gone.

Supposedly Google doesn't allow developers to make their apps free temporarily. So the way G5 gets around that is by providing a special link for a limited time.

With Amazon, they have the full version for a price and a free trial version. Amazon does allow developers to drop the price to free for a limited time. As we often see with the FAOTD or the Special Discounts section.

Maybe I'm just not hip to the file structure of Android, but I fail to understand why I get a "Insufficient Space Available" message when trying to install a 35 MB update when I have 350 MB available

So then I've got to play around with CC Cleaner, decide which aps I want to keep or toss, and then keep trying to update..

You need about 400mb free in your device, otherwise your system goes into critical state and only runs necessary components. Have you tried to run an app and your screen just flickered like crazy? That's why.

Also FYI, most apps can only be installed to your internal SD. Even if you buy an SD card to expand your memory, the majority of apps won't run on it.

You need about 400mb free in your device, otherwise your system goes into critical state and only runs necessary components. Have you tried to run an app and your screen just flickered like crazy? That's why.

Also FYI, most apps can only be installed to your internal SD. Even if you buy an SD card to expand your memory, the majority of apps won't run on it.
hmmm that's really good to know, I just thought I might have a defective kindle fire hdx and was putting up with the screen flicker... not that I really use that one anymore since I got my note 10.1

I think they added this "feature" with the newest version of Android, right?

I have an extra gig or two on a microSD card, but can't do anything with it.

I never get any screen flicker, just a message that I can't sync with my gmail account or install updates. (Even though I still have 300+ mb free)

300 or 400 is not enough. 450 is the bare minimum or some functions will not function period. Free up that much space, reboot your device, and everything should be hunky-dory.

[quote name="whitereflection" post="11885666" timestamp="1404184670"]Well, how would you do a skill shot with the plunger? It requires you to pull with a certain amount of force.[/quote]

drag distance

Not sure if this is old news or not, but I decided to spend my gazillions of Amazon coins on Zen Pinball tables. Apparently, the table IAPs are rewarding 30% back in coins immediately after purchase. So, 60 coins back for the $1.99/199 coin tables and 30 coins back for the $0.99/99 coin tables.
I used my Amazon coins to buy Out There for *free*. Good Game!

If you see it on Google you should just assume it's always free and has some sort of in-app purchase to unlock the full version. Once in awhile G5 makes their games free for a limited time. You can check http://www.g5e.com/sale for the latest freebies. With Google Play they usually provide a special link for the free version for a limited time. Then after the deal is over the link is gone.

Supposedly Google doesn't allow developers to make their apps free temporarily. So the way G5 gets around that is by providing a special link for a limited time.

With Amazon, they have the full version for a price and a free trial version. Amazon does allow developers to drop the price to free for a limited time. As we often see with the FAOTD or the Special Discounts section.
The G5 games always confuse me because of the multiple free/paid thing. I get offers for their games to Play Free, so I download it only to find once I'm in it that its actually a trial and to proceed you need to pay. Or if I use the google play store I see three versions of the same game listed. One of their supermarket games has three different listings on gplay, two show free and one is pay, so it gets confusing.

True Skate is free on Amazon and iTunes. Normally $1.99.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00L436E7A/

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/true-skate/id549105915?mt=8

Sucks that Google Play doesn't allow developers to drop their prices to free temporarily.

Oh and in case you all missed it. You can now get Toca Kitchen for free on Google Play.

It sells for $2.99 on Amazon and iTunes. Little kids enjoy playing it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tocaboca.tocakitchen&hl=en

Since it's free on Google Play, it must be a permanent freebie.

Well, any skepticism I had for Zen Pinball on touch devices were dispelled when I tried it out yesterday. It has noticeable slight lag compared to the console or PC version but it's still an impressive translation. The 30 coins back (and 60 for $1.99 tables) promotion is still active and Sorcerer's Lair is the free table that comes with the shell. Thanks to Neuro5i5 and asheskitty for recommending it.

bread's done
Back