Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Rats, all I got was 250 coins.  So I get the bonus coins & not the 199, thats weird. I guess out of the 2 if I couldnt have both then 250 is the better choice.  All in all it was a positive gain & I didnt lose any coins in the process at all.

So now we go nuts and buy random crazy shit on Amazon right? 

Oh yeah I know what Im spending my coins on now! Some Peekaboo apps!

The question is will I really?  Reviews dont seem too favorable....

Decided to reinstall Simpsons Tapped Out and the game is working again.

I bought a $20 PSN card from Amazon and received an email informing me of a promotional credit I received for $5 towards a purchase at the Amazon app store. It doesn't add 500 coins to my app or my Amazon.com balance so I don't know where the $5 is at. 

The question is will I really? Reviews dont seem too favorable....
"...the pictures were incredibly misleading, the one with the ENORMOUS "censored" bar is wearing a trowel underneath."

220px-Steel_trowel.jpg

Rats, all I got was 250 coins. So I get the bonus coins & not the 199, thats weird. I guess out of the 2 if I couldnt have both then 250 is the better choice. All in all it was a positive gain & I didnt lose any coins in the process at all.

So now we go nuts and buy random crazy shit on Amazon right?

The question is will I really? Reviews dont seem too favorable....
there's a free app on your phone already for that shit. It's called Google Chrome. :D

Deal worked for me, nice. Couple bucks more of Amazon funny money is welcome. Still debating what I'm going to spend most of it on. At 2,800 coins at the moment. Thinking $13 for Elder Sign complete, $3 for Rebuild, and after that I'm not sure.

Was thinking about picking up the DLC plagues for Plague Inc, but after playing the game a bit I'm having second thoughts. Once I found a winning strategy it was able to carry me through all the basic plagues really easily. Might not be as replayable or fun to score attack as I'd hoped. Which is something I know Elder Sign is and I strongly suspect Rebuild is given what I've seen playing the browser version.

Kinda got some coins earmarked to pick up the Witcher board game app later in the year since it's Fantasy Flight like Elder Sign. It may end up being terrible, but since Elder Sign is thus far miles ahead of every other Android game I've tried in terms of making me want to play a game on a tablet I'm looking at it favorably. Other boardgame apps I'm interested in but for various reasons don't want to/can't pick up on Amazon. Like Smallworld 2 on Amazon is Kindle only, as is Neuroshima Hex. Summoner Wars seems pretty good having tried the free version but the AI doesn't seem good enough to be worth playing. Carcassonne might be tempting though I feel like a fool for not picking it up from that Humble bundle.

Probably the best course of action is to continue never spending coins until I suddenly realize "Oh shit how long has it been" and then realize they all expired.

What did I buy? Soooo much...but still want a bunch more...I bought...

GTAVC
Aralon
Doombad
Gravestompers
Great little war game
Legendary Wars
Minecraft
Monster Wars
Ravensword
Reaper Dark Legend Edition
Shadowgun
Star Command
Symphony of the origin
Symphony of eternity
Terraria

Seems like as good a reason as any to finally pick up Sonic All-Stars Racing with some coins (picked up Sonic 1 and 2 when they inexplicably had them for free).

edit: I had $0.02 left in Appstore credit and they used that first (in the form or 2 coins) before using the coins. That's nice.

Thanks! I was hoping for a sale on Sonic Jump.

Seems like as good a reason as any to finally pick up Sonic All-Stars Racing with some coins (picked up Sonic 1 and 2 when they inexplicably had them for free).

edit: I had $0.02 left in Appstore credit and they used that first (in the form or 2 coins) before using the coins. That's nice.
What's the deal with All-Star Racing? Is it like Mario Kart?

Where do you see the Appstore credit? All I see are coins yet I was told I have credit. Hell if I know where to look.

Doesn't matter either way. I have 3,101 credits at the moment.

Thanks! I was hoping for a sale on Sonic Jump.

Where do you see the Appstore credit? All I see are coins yet I was told I have credit. Hell if I know where to look.

Doesn't matter either way. I have 3,101 credits at the moment.
Yeah as mentioned it's like Mario Kart with SEGA characters. The console version is great. I've played the iPhone and Android version of it before and it's good too. Not as good as the sequel (on consoles at least) but then that's how it should be.

An easy way to see your credit is when you are on a paid app page, below where you can buy (either with money or coins) there's a blip that you can press to view your Amazon credit. When you click on it a small window will open showing your Amazon credit and App Store credit (just like when you check before buying an MP3).

Yeah def like Mario Kart, its actually a good one though. This is the first one & the second one, Transformed, went f2p on Google Play.

I dont really know what the VIP pass is but I guess you can buy it & get all the characters. I dont really like racing games on mobile, I hate the tilt controls but this one you can change from tilt to onscreen joystick. Id say DL the one off google play and try that out, since its free. Would give you an idea of how the game plays.

Has anyone played Metal Slug Defense?

I'm wondering if these mobile games based on recycled assets like these... are worth the time.
Yeah I played MSD, that was a waste. They couldve done so much with it. If you've played Castlestorm (on Xbox or mobile) you get the idea. Just no other play mechanics aside from sending out troops. Sure you can level up your base/army, but pretty much its just straightforward send out cannon fodder to destroy other cannon fodder.

So you're correct its just recycled sprites & character models/backgrounds for a quick buck. It was very lazy and boring. I'll just stick with the side scrollers for some metal slug action. Here's a pretty good review on it, makes many points that I feel are valid.

I'm done with Clash of Clans. I dont think I've logged into for a week.

Any other city/army building games to recommend?

Preferably ones that don't already have a set in player base that will crush you and there's no way to catch up?

Off topic but has anyone has success with using a blutooth gamepad on the kindle fire hdx? Searched google and found a few results that make it seem that as long as the controller is recognized as a keyboard it should work but was hoping someone here who is using a controller successfully could point me in the direction of a good controller. Also saw that Amazon has their own Fire branded controllers but not sure if its just for the Fire TV. Thanks in advance

Secret of the Magic Crystals is on sale, both on Amazon and Google for $0.99, from $2.99.

I have the game on steam for some reason, I blame Louiedog on that since he talked me into it!

Anyways 30 coins back on Amazon if you choose to get it and I dont see why you wouldnt!

Amazon

Google Play

As for a quick review, its everything you ever wanted in a horse breeding management game. You can make your horses prettier than any my little pony. At least thats what I gathered from the 5 minutes I played of the steam version before I got sidetracked. 

Secret of the Magic Crystals is on sale, both on Amazon and Google for $0.99, from $2.99.
I have the game on steam for some reason, I blame Louiedog on that since he talked me into it!

Anyways 30 coins back on Amazon if you choose to get it and I dont see why you wouldnt!
Amazon
Google Play

As for a quick review, its everything you ever wanted in a horse breeding management game. You can make your horses prettier than any my little pony. At least thats what I gathered from the 5 minutes I played of the steam version before I got sidetracked.
I'm not sure if it's still the case, but I believe you used to be able to get a Steam key for it too when you bought the mobile version.

Anyone played Doodle God?  I've been playing it a bit and just don't get it.  

I also got the $5 app credit.  Now to find something to spend it on.  

I'm not sure if it's still the case, but I believe you used to be able to get a Steam key for it too when you bought the mobile version.
Unless its on the devs website I dont see anything listed in either the google play or amazon description about it. However Im more used to buying bundles which include a link for the apk for the android version.

I found it, the promo was for christmas and ended on Jan 2, 2014 SOTMC Dev Diary

Anyone played Doodle God? I've been playing it a bit and just don't get it.
There's not much to get in the doodle series. I played Doodle god when it was the FaotD. It was fun for a minute, then after that I just kept clicking everything until I found a match. In a nutshell you match things together to make more stuff to match together in order to make more stuff. Basically until you run out of things to make and match together. Some combinations make no sense and others are just pointless. For some reason its still a popular series though.

Unless its on the devs website I dont see anything listed in either the google play or amazon description about it. However Im more used to buying bundles which include a link for the apk for the android version.

I found it, the promo was for christmas and ended on Jan 2, 2014 SOTMC Dev Diary

There's not much to get in the doodle series. I played Doodle god when it was the FaotD. It was fun for a minute, then after that I just kept clicking everything until I found a match. In a nutshell you match things together to make more stuff to match together in order to make more stuff. Basically until you run out of things to make and match together. Some combinations make no sense and others are just pointless. For some reason its still a popular series though.
Good to know I'm not missing anything or doing it wrong.

Used y $5 credit for Farming Simulator and Fists of Awesome. Got 150 in coins back and spend 99 of the on Carmageddon. Three more games and 50 more coins. Can't complain.

Google play has put the Sonic games back to regular price. So if you want to grab any of them while they're still on sale better head over to Amazon.

They usually keep it up for at least a day after Google ends the sale.

It's a shame the in-game purchases aren't on sale as well. I'd love to get the extra boards, but not for the price they're asking for them.
I'm pretty sure the DLC is cross-platform for this game. If you get the game and DLC on steam and tie it to your account you will have the DLC for the android version, too.

I'm pretty sure the DLC is cross-platform for this game. If you get the game and DLC on steam and tie it to your account you will have the DLC for the android version, too.
This is correct. you can tie your DLC to a days of wonder account and access them on any platform with your days of wonder account. I know cause I did it when I got it from humble a long time ago. http://www.daysofwonder.com/en/hb gives some information about it.

This is correct. you can tie your DLC to a days of wonder account and access them on any platform with your days of wonder account. I know cause I did it when I got it from humble a long time ago. http://www.daysofwonder.com/en/hb gives some information about it.
This only works for PC/Android. Was a little miffed that once i purchased the iOS version none of my DLC transferred as well. Seemed odd to me since it was all the same DOW account, they know what I own

Mamma Pajama, that's awesome news! I already own the full kit-n-kaboodle on Steam!

LOTS of free apps tomorrow!!! Australia and Japan have about 30 free apps right now (Friday over there). I'm predicting similar apps will be offered for the US tomorrow.

Card Wars - Adventure Time
The Room Two (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Ravensword: Shadowlands
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Dr. Panda's Bus Driver
AccuWeather Platinum
Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek
Root Explorer
Wedding Dash Deluxe
Sudoku 10'000 Plus
Travel Interpreter
Dungeon Village
Business Calendar
aCalendar+
Pho.to Lab PRO – professional photo editor with lots of beautiful effects, frames and filters!
Informant 3
2Do: Todo List | Task List
CLARC
CrossMe Premium
EZ Money Manager
Jump Desktop (RDP & VNC)
League of Heroes Premium
Loco Motors
MobiLearn Talking Phrasebook, English-French-Germa...
MyBackup Pro
Pinball Deluxe Premium
PUZZINGO Puzzles (Pro Edition)
Real Shanghai Mahjong
Splashtop Remote Desktop HD

Oh and some MacGyver app is the free app of the day for AU and JP, so that might also be tomorrow's free app for the US.

http://www.amazon.com/FairPlay-Media-MacGyver-Deadly-Descent/dp/B00KC77N4M/

The official list of 31 free apps are live now.

Link

No free Amazon Coins this time. :(

Oh yeah, and dont forget to get MacGyver Deadly Descent - $2.99 FREE (6/27 FAOTD)

Sort of a bit jealous that France got 47 freebies. Maybe some of these will eventually be free in the US.

Link

bread's done
Back