Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
think the 80 buck is

• Dual-Core Intel Atom Z2520 1.2GHz CPU
  • 16GB Onboard Storage; Android 4.3 (Upgradable to 4.4 KitKat)
  • Narrow 4.3 inch wide design, 0.6 pounds
  • Dual Camera : 2MP Rear and 0.3MP front camera
  • microSD card slot (up to 64GB)

150 buck is

ASUS MeMO Pad 7 powerful Intel quad-core ASUS MeMO Pad 7 is powered by a state-of-the-art Intel® Bay Trail quad-core processor that delivers impressive performance and battery life to keep you entertained throughout the day. Up to 6X Graphic Performance, 8X CPU Performance, and a Quad Core up to 1.33GH

so mostly a DUAL VS A QUAD. 1.2 vs 1.33 also heard the 80 bucks is defected and they are recalling them all
I was also thinking that the differences were minimal. Any further info on the defect/recall?

I was also thinking that the differences were minimal. Any further info on the defect/recall?
seems the battery comes undone in shipping. if you pry the back of the system off and rehook up the battery it should fix the problem. then again you probally void the warranty ripping the back of your system off

seems the battery comes undone in shipping. if you pry the back of the system off and rehook up the battery it should fix the problem. then again you probally void the warranty ripping the back of your system off
Interesting. I was looking at it in store where I assume that would be less of a concern.

Engadget is saying that the $79 tablet you guys are discussing has decent reviews but it doesn't output video in HD. It's supposed to be 16 gb which is pretty good for the price. I saw one of these a few days ago and I'm considering one for the price as a backup game tablet to use during my lunch break at work (my Galaxy Tab 2 will never leave the house). These are in limited supply according to GameStop's website since they were only available there for the holidays.

Can anyone tell me exactly how much space is needed to download KOTOR?  I've tried twice to get it onto my Shield Portable, which is the only one of my Android devices that will allow it to play.  I had to request a refund both times, and I don't want to delete any of the larger games that I've already saved progress on.

Well you FORCED me to purchase it to answer your question ;)

It's showing as a 2.4 GB download.

Can anyone tell me exactly how much space is needed to download KOTOR? I've tried twice to get it onto my Shield Portable, which is the only one of my Android devices that will allow it to play. I had to request a refund both times, and I don't want to delete any of the larger games that I've already saved progress on.

Can anyone tell me exactly how much space is needed to download KOTOR? I've tried twice to get it onto my Shield Portable, which is the only one of my Android devices that will allow it to play. I had to request a refund both times, and I don't want to delete any of the larger games that I've already saved progress on.
Do you have an sd card? I just transfer larger games over to the card on my portable, and that free's up enough room for downloads. KOTOR on my Shield is showing 2.41GB in the apps manager. I would imagine you'll still need more free space than that, as I can never download something when the needed space is exact.

Do you have an sd card? I just transfer larger games over to the card on my portable, and that free's up enough room for downloads. KOTOR on my Shield is showing 2.41GB in the apps manager. I would imagine you'll still need more free space than that, as I can never download something when the needed space is exact.
I was getting warnings during the download and install process and I had about 5 gigs free. I deleted couple hundred megs of stuff and was ok.

Transferring games to the SD card on my shield tablet doesn't seem to make any difference. Otherwise I'd have way more than 1.6GB left of the 16GB on board the tablet.

I've added Outcast Odyssey and Elune Saga to my daily play list. (or at least check ins). Add to the list Galaxy Legend, Adventure Town, Transport Empire and of course MPQ. Anyone else playing these?

For those of you that may have bought Talisman but aren't getting notifications from the game for whatever reason, it looks like it got updated with ninja and pirate characters. I would say zombie would follow but there's already a ghoul so ? Not really sure how a ninja fits the motif but if d&d could have em why not. Not sure if the original board game, expansions, or any promos had those characters and I haven't looked at them yet.

'Code will arrive via email on or near release date.'

Sure that's not an old offer?

Chromecast is $29.99 @ Best Buy and it comes w/ $20 of Google Play credit.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/google-chromecast-hdmi-streaming-media-player/9071056.p?id=1219013308425&skuId=9071056

Possibly other offers like...

- EPIX free trial (unclear how long)
- Free 3 months Sesame Street Go
- Free movie download for the first X-men
- Free 3 months of DramaFever Premium
- Free 2 months of Hulu Plus
- Free 90 days of unlimited music from Google Play

Looks like there are two FAOTD.

Dabble HD - The Fast Thinking Word Game - $1.99 FREE

Big Action Mega Fight! - $2.99 FREE

Big Action Mega Fight! is the FAOTD for other countries today (UK, DE, & FR), but it appears to also be free in the US, even though technically the FAOTD in the US is just Dabble HD - The Fast Thinking Word Game.

Another free Sago Sago game for the kiddos.

Sago Mini Friends - $2.99 FREE

Sago Mini Ocean Swimmer is still FREE (normally $2.99), so if you haven't gotten that you should before they change the price. Typically when I new Sago game is offered for free, the previous freebie is changed back to the regular price.

Looks like Google is sending people e-mails for the movie Gravity for free again. I think it was a few months ago that they did this, but not everyone got it. I never got it back then. Check your Gmail again to see if you got it this time around.

The e-mail title is "Limited-time gift: Own the Oscar-winning Gravity + free Steve Aoki album". It might be in the Promotions tab of your Gmail.

gravity.jpg

Looks like Google is sending people e-mails for the movie Gravity for free again. I think it was a few months ago that they did this, but not everyone got it. I never got it back then. Check your Gmail again to see if you got it this time around.

The e-mail title is "Limited-time gift: Own the Oscar-winning Gravity + free Steve Aoki album". It might be in the Promotions tab of your Gmail.

gravity.jpg
I would have completely missed that in my inbox. Thanks for the heads up!

I didn't have the Gravity offer in my personal gmail account, but it showed up in my work google apps inbox. The redeem link took me to the play store logged in with my personal account and let it redeem to that.

Thought I put this here from the HumbleBundle thread:

Phantom Rift $2.99 $0.99 @ GooglePlay
I, Gladiator $2.99 $0.99 @ GooglePlay
Adventure Bar Story $3.25 $1.18 @ GooglePlay
So I may be interested in the min bundle but I have absolutely no clue what Doodle Kingdom is. The video and description both assume I know the other games. I don't. What style of game is it?

Buddy & me looks great but might actually make me cave and let the nieces and nephews handle the tablet. That's just an accident and an argument waiting to happen.

Edit and of course it strips the quoted bundle.

So I may be interested in the min bundle but I have absolutely no clue what Doodle Kingdom is. The video and description both assume I know the other games. I don't. What style of game is it?

Buddy & me looks great but might actually make me cave and let the nieces and nephews handle the tablet. That's just an accident and an argument waiting to happen.

Edit and of course it strips the quoted bundle.
I thiiiink the Doodle games are similar to Alchemy, where you start out with the four basic elements and combine them to create new things. This one looks like it adds a story. (I'm guessing it's similar to Scribblenauts though I haven't spent much time with those games.)

Is King of Dragon Pass playable/enjoyable on a phone?

I really liked the first volume of Sorcery and want the second one, but I'm fearful it'll be free on Amazon soon.

I'm enjoying the first volume of Sorcery so far, but at what point to do I need to realize I've backed myself into a corner and should just start the game over?

I'm somewhere  near the top corner of the map with little stamina and no money. Is the game basically just chosing options until you discover the "correct" path to win?

I thiiiink the Doodle games are similar to Alchemy, where you start out with the four basic elements and combine them to create new things. This one looks like it adds a story. (I'm guessing it's similar to Scribblenauts though I haven't spent much time with those games.)
See similar to scribblenauts is great info to have but I would never know that from the trailer or description. Not familiar with alchemy at all but there's a lot of variety of mobile games I am unfamiliar with.

Kemco has 8 games for $0.99. Swiped from droidgamer.com
Really need to find a dirt cheap tablet to play these games on.

starting to kick myself for not grabbing

LG - G Pad 10.1in 16GB Android Tablet - Black
from cowboom last week for 99 bucks. They just came out OCT 2014 so they would been under warranty. Heard LE have 2 year warrantys on them

The new main Humble Bundle has a couple Android games: Scrolls & Star Realms.
Both are free with in app purchases on Google Play with no full version listed in the store. I am not confident that everything will be unlocked for Android.

Edit: The bundle is worth it for Talisman on the computer, damn shame they didn't include the Android versions.

You could find out for a penny.
Scrolls has a minimum of a dollar like you said. Star Realms says it allows playing online and other goodies. I would almost bet online is unlocked already with the Android version. No I'm not checking, it's F2P. I avoid those anyway.

It may worth the penny to someone else though just to find out. I don't care enough.

Scrolls has a minimum of a dollar like you said. Star Realms says it allows playing online and other goodies. I would almost bet online is unlocked already with the Android version. No I'm not checking, it's F2P. I avoid those anyway.
It may worth the penny to someone else though just to find out. I don't care enough.
Both Scrolls and Star Realms come with cross platform keys that unlock the full version of both of Android (normally $4.99 each I'm unlock). So $1 for $10 of unlocks is pretty sweet. Just need to create accounts for both games and use the keys.

Both are free with in app purchases on Google Play with no full version listed in the store. I am not confident that everything will be unlocked for Android.

Edit: The bundle is worth it for Talisman on the computer, damn shame they didn't include the Android versions.
Scrolls is tablet only for anyone considering it for their phone. I played Star Realms on my android phone. It was okay, but not quite what I wanted from a card game.

That year of Amazon Prime is tempting. Not because I want to shop on Amazon but because you get their movie and music subscriptions for exactly $6 a month. Has anyone tried their music app on a mobile device?

bread's done
Back