Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Free Amityville:the awakening in the play store through 11/8

ETA: it's a movie, no idea if it's any good

Copied from Boardgamegeek:

Looks like Asmodee is having a digital game sale for most of their games on Android, until at least Oct. 23rd. I took a quick look at the online listings for iOS and didn't see any price changes, but those might be coming soon (or maybe this is one of those rare Android-only deals?).

UPDATED: Looks like the iOS versions are on sale, too: Link to Itunes

UPDATE #2: The prices/links listed below are for the Google Play store...there seems to be some discrepancy between the prices between Android/iOS this time around...

Pandemic - $1.99 (orig. $4.99) 
Mage the Ascension: Refuge - $1.99 (orig. $4.99)
Jaipur - $0.99 (orig. $4.99)
Mysterium - $0.99 (orig. $4.99)
Potion Explosion - $0.99 (orig. $2.99)
Twilight Struggle - $1.99 (orig. $4.99)
Abalone - $0.99 (orig. $2.99)
Vampire: Prelude - $1.99 (orig. $4.99)
Mr. Jack Pocket - $0.99 (orig. $2.99)
Colt Express - $1.99 (orig. $4.99)
Splendor - $1.99 (orig. $6.99)
Small World 2 - $1.99 (orig. $6.99)

Any good app sales for the android system (not games) like nova launcher etc?

Anyway Prof Layton Mystery for seems to be the best game sale going on right now. Heard the story isn't as good as the ds/3ds games but there are interesting puzzles

Any good app sales for the android system (not games) like nova launcher etc?

Anyway Prof Layton Mystery for seems to be the best game sale going on right now. Heard the story isn't as good as the ds/3ds games but there are interesting puzzles
I hadn't noticed that Layton was on sale until I saw your post. I have plenty of Google credit from Google rewards surveys, and I can almost never pick things to spend it on, so I decided to splurge. Unfortunately, it won't play on my Samsung Galaxy S8, because it thinks I have it rooted, which I do not. The closest I've come to rooting it was allowing third party apps from Amazon Underground, but I did a factory reset recently, and didn't bother re-enabling that, so I have no idea what it thinks it is detecting.

Majotori, a trivia game featuring an anime witch as the main character, is currently free.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Majorariatto.Majotori_v2&referrer=utm_source%3DBlog%26utm_medium%3DApp%26utm_campaign%3Dsale

The game is a port from the Steam version and it says the game is Shield TV compatible although I can neither confirm nor deny that. But no special permissions are required to run it on your Android device! ;)

Edit: It does work well on Shield TV. And it's funny as hell!

Thanks for posting about the Revolver sale. For some reason, I thought the sequel to Sometimes Always Monsters was the one in the sale, but it's not even out. Hopefully, my .99 gives them incentive to hurry up.

Jade Empire is also .99.

Anyone know how to use a different Google profile for games on the shield? It's easy on a phone or tablet. Btw trine is shield compatible.
I assume you're talking about the Shield TV. I only have one Google Play account, but have you tried going into the system menu? There should be an icon on the bottom left of the screen where you can go into the menu and see which account is associated with your Shield TV. If you can't change accounts, it is also possible to clone the app on the first account, copy it to an SD card or a flash drive, and then see if you can sideload the app.

I assume you're talking about the Shield TV. I only have one Google Play account, but have you tried going into the system menu? There should be an icon on the bottom left of the screen where you can go into the menu and see which account is associated with your Shield TV. If you can't change accounts, it is also possible to clone the app on the first account, copy it to an SD card or a flash drive, and then see if you can sideload the app.
In theory, couldn't you also just set up the 2 account as in the family share plan?

I can add a second Google account fairly easily but getting games to use it has proven impossible. And this may sound weird but all my Google play game account stuff is under a different account than my regular Google account including my apps etc. Haven't had a problem till I finally encountered an app making me log in and I have carefully avoided creating a Google + profile on that account for so long.

All this stems from stuff a good decade or so ago.

Edit: To make that a bit more clear, I buy my apps and my main Google account are under a different account than my Google games account.

I was wondering if anyone's tried getting a refund for a game that's no longer available for download. All the Chaos Rings except the latest have been taken down, and they were quite pricey. I don't see any way to redownload them from my account, and the self-refund request system rejects it on account of being too old, I assume. Has anyone tried this?

I was wondering if anyone's tried getting a refund for a game that's no longer available for download. All the Chaos Rings except the latest have been taken down, and they were quite pricey. I don't see any way to redownload them from my account, and the self-refund request system rejects it on account of being too old, I assume. Has anyone tried this?
Delisted Google Play games should still appear in your account purchase history, and you should still be able to redownload them on your compatible Android devices. For instance, I can still see Soul Calibur in my account purchase history even though it's no longer for sale on Google Play. Refunds are only allowed within the two hour window of purchase.

I had found mine by going to 'my apps and games' or whatever from the website on a computer then scrolling through everything tied to my account. The first game (at least) isn't compatible with Android 4.something+ so I can't use it on my new phone after downloading anyway

Edit: fyi the 2nd game is still available on Amazon's app store for $15.99, apparently

Do you have it installed and it shows up under Installed? Or is it listed under Library? I have 1 and 2 and neither show up under Library. I never downloaded 2, and I only have 1 installed, but starting it up gives me a Japanese error message. I don't want to update it only to get another error message telling me that service for the game has already ended; despite being single-player RPGs, I think all the games have a DRM server check before the game boots up. Do you know if I can get a refund in this scenario?

Edit: I was able to update and play Chaos Rings 1, but 2 is nowhere to be found in my Library or the Play Store since I've never downloaded it. I get the feeling that if I uninstall CR1, it won't show up in my Library either. Can either of you suggest otherwise?

Do you have it installed and it shows up under Installed? Or is it listed under Library? I have 1 and 2 and neither show up under Library. I never downloaded 2, and I only have 1 installed, but starting it up gives me a Japanese error message. I don't want to update it only to get another error message telling me that service for the game has already ended; despite being single-player RPGs, I think all the games have a DRM server check before the game boots up. Do you know if I can get a refund in this scenario?

Edit: I was able to update and play Chaos Rings 1, but 2 is nowhere to be found in my Library or the Play Store since I've never downloaded it. I get the feeling that if I uninstall CR1, it won't show up in my Library either. Can either of you suggest otherwise?
Only thing I (just) found out is:

If you find the google play page of the game and bookmark it, you won't have to cycle through all your apps again

also it appears there's more on amazons app store than I thought, they just didn't show up because they weren't compatible with my new phone (I guess)

edit: this is supposedly the link to Chaos Rings II:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?hl=en&id=com.square_enix.chaosrings2gp

Tells me it's not available in my region yet maybe it'll work for you(?)

Bertram Fiddle: Episode 1 is a comedic adventure game that is currently free on Google Play:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.chorusworldwide.bertramep1&referrer=utm_source%3DBlog%26utm_medium%3DApp%26utm_campaign%3Dfeatured_sale

This one is supposed to be Android TV/Shield TV compatible although I cannot confirm this. It might work on Shield TV with a mouse plugged in.

King of Math Defense is also free:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.mathgames.kingofmath&referrer=utm_source%3DBlog%26utm_medium%3DApp%26utm_campaign%3Dsale

Think tower defense meets math problems. Not Android TV compatible but it's free!

I posted that deal 3 posts above yours, but it's all good. At least someone else is trying to keep the Android thread alive! ;)
Oh, jeez. That's the last time I rely on the 'search this thread' feature. I got zero hits for 'bertram', so I figured I was good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Oh, jeez. That's the last time I rely on the 'search this thread' feature. I got zero hits for 'bertram', so I figured I was good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's all good, buddy! I don't think anyone reads the Android deals thread most of the time anyway.

But here are a few more deals.

Ace Academy, a visual novel style game, is $1.99 down from $9.99:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.aceacademy.myapp&referrer=utm_source%3DBlog%26utm_medium%3DApp%26utm_campaign%3Dsale

Radium 2, a puzzle game, is 99 cents down from $3.49:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.develobster.ra2&referrer=utm_source%3DBlog%26utm_medium%3DApp%26utm_campaign%3Dsale

Supposedly, Radium 2 is Android TV/Shield TV compatible although I can't personally confirm at this time.

And, finally, The Bridge is on sale for $5.99 down from $9.99:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.QAG.TheBridge&referrer=utm_source%3DBlog%26utm_medium%3DApp%26utm_campaign%3Dfeatured_sale

The Bridge is Android TV/Shield TV only.

Realpolitiks Mobile is on sale for $3.99 down from $5.99:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.jujubee.realpolitiks&referrer=utm_source%3DBlog%26utm_medium%3DApp%26utm_campaign%3Dsale

It looks like a deep strategy game that is only Android TV/Shield TV compatible which is weird since it has "mobile" in the title.

(Edit: Realpolitiks does not work on Shield TV.)

King of Karts is $2.99 down from $5.49:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.wonderkind.kingofkarts&referrer=utm_source%3DBlog%26utm_medium%3DApp%26utm_campaign%3Dsale

It is a karting style game with game pad support. Can't provide more details than that.

Duck Warfare is free down from 99 cents:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.lonelybench.DuckWarfare&referrer=utm_source%3DBlog%26utm_medium%3DApp%26utm_campaign%3Dsale

They're ducks. They fight in a military strategy setting. No big whoop.

Office Story Premium is on sale for 99 cents down from $2.99:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ads.ads.premium&referrer=utm_source%3DBlog%26utm_medium%3DApp%26utm_campaign%3Dsale

Looks more exciting than the office where I work.

As always, Google Play gives you two hours from the time of purchase to request a refund for apps if you don't like them or can't run them on your device.

bread's done
Back