Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Monument Valley appears to be today's FAOTD, so that might only be free for today only since it's not included in the app bundle that expire July 1st.

Oh and it looks like Amazon got that update for the free Ida's Dream chapter. Google Play got the update yesterday.

What's new in version 2.3.0
  • Ida's Dream now available for all!
  • A chapter previously created as part of an exclusive charity promotion, Ida's Dream is now free and available for all players.

In Australia and Japan, Monument Valley is no longer free, so it's likely not going to be free for tomorrow in the US. Somewhat of a confirmation.

Also, the FAOTD for Australia and Japan today is Five Nights at Freddy's, so that will likely be tomorrow's FAOTD for the US.

Yeah, it finally updated. Just glad to finally get a legit version of Exiles...though it's still several builds behind the google playstore version. Why are the Amazon versions never updated like the playstore versions?
Probably depends on the developer. Hearthstone gets updates on Amazon at the same time as the GPlay version.

Quite a lot of the games I have from Amazon never seem to get updates. The only one that I've noticed getting frequent updates is minecraft. I seem to end up buying the google play version of whatever game because the amazon versions are usually way out of date. Great that they give so many for free, just wish they'd also keep everything up to date.

Quite a lot of the games I have from Amazon never seem to get updates. The only one that I've noticed getting frequent updates is minecraft. I seem to end up buying the google play version of whatever game because the amazon versions are usually way out of date. Great that they give so many for free, just wish they'd also keep everything up to date.
This -- exactly

The G5 weekly freebie is Dark Arcana: the Carnival (Full). Ends July 6th.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.g5e.carnival.android.giveaway.full

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product?ASIN=B00DR91028

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id561405659?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id561405549?mt=8
https://itunes.apple.com/app/id582635039?mt=12

DA_Sale_Page_950.jpg

I know sometimes tablet requests or recommendations come up in this thread so I thought I'd mention my Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70

10.1" screen (1920x1200), 16GB with an SD slot that holds up to 64GB, 1.5GHz quadcore (goes up to 1.7GHz under load) and 2GB memory.  Price on it is $200 from Newegg, Best Buy, Lenovo, etc.  Currently comes with Android 4.4.0 but is getting an upgrade to vanilla 5.0 this summer or early fall (Q3 2015).

Obviously there's better tablets in existence but, for two hundred bucks, I've been really happy with it.  Especially for the options in a 10.1" screen since I only use my tablet at home or in a hotel on vacation so I value screen size over portability.

Anyway, this tablet seems to have gone under the radar -- there's "preview" articles about it from this spring (mostly hyping its speakers) but few if any reviews since it came out in May.

I know sometimes tablet requests or recommendations come up in this thread so I thought I'd mention my Lenovo Tab 2 A10-70

10.1" screen (1920x1200), 16GB with an SD slot that holds up to 64GB, 1.5GHz quadcore (goes up to 1.7GHz under load) and 2GB memory. Price on it is $200 from Newegg, Best Buy, Lenovo, etc. Currently comes with Android 4.4.0 but is getting an upgrade to vanilla 5.0 this summer or early fall (Q3 2015).

Obviously there's better tablets in existence but, for two hundred bucks, I've been really happy with it. Especially for the options in a 10.1" screen since I only use my tablet at home or in a hotel on vacation so I value screen size over portability.

Anyway, this tablet seems to have gone under the radar -- there's "preview" articles about it from this spring (mostly hyping its speakers) but few if any reviews since it came out in May.
That's interesting. I am looking for a larger tablet. I was looking at this:

http://www.pipo-store.com/pipo-t9-talk-t9-mtk6592-octa-core-8-9-inch-retina-android-3g-phone-call-tablets-gps-bluetooth-2gb-32gb.html

So, I haven't really been keeping up with Amazon's Android offers since last year, got wind of the free apps being given away and decide to log into my account, and to my surprise I find all 4k of my coins are still there.

Do coins not expire anymore? I see that they finally gave a coin status page thing (tells you when you earned/spent them and how many have expired). My last purchase with coins (and getting coins back) was June 23rd of last year so.. what now?

Edit: So I see Hulu on Amazon has IAPs (I assuming they're for paying your subscription), there's no way in hell I can use my coins to pay for my sub, is there?

So, I haven't really been keeping up with Amazon's Android offers since last year, got wind of the free apps being given away and decide to log into my account, and to my surprise I find all 4k of my coins are still there.

Do coins not expire anymore? I see that they finally gave a coin status page thing (tells you when you earned/spent them and how many have expired). My last purchase with coins (and getting coins back) was June 23rd of last year so.. what now?

Edit: So I see Hulu on Amazon has IAPs (I assuming they're for paying your subscription), there's no way in hell I can use my coins to pay for my sub, is there?
BOOBY!!!! (ur bak)

My GTA Vice City Amazon Filthy Lucre never expired (still have 6000+ down from 15000 at one point). Now, I don't know if that's because I spent Amazon coinz which then extended my expiration, or they just didn't expire them or what. But I know it is past the anniversary date of when I actually acquired them all.

Re: Hulu subscription in app...hmmm...dunno...maybe I'll investigate if I run out of 99 coin JapanRPGs to buy.

Thanks guys. I guess I'll make a token purchase to extend the deadline (I remember way back when this definitely wasn't a thing, I'm assuming Tony is responsible). Any recommendation for a really cheap not terrible app?

I might look into the Hulu thing myself and report back, would be neat to pay for a sub this way. I looked at the Netflix app and it doesn't seem to have IAPs, unfortunately.

FOTONICA — $0.99 from $2.99

Mines of Mars — Free from $4.99

XCOM: Enemy Within — $4.99 from $9.99

Chainsaw Warrior — $0.99 from $4.99

NHL 2K — $2.99 from $7.99

I, Gladiator — Free from $2.99

Templar Assault RPG Elite — $0.99 from $2.99

Chainsaw Warrior: LotN — $0.99 from $5.99

Civilization Revolution 2 — $4.99 from $9.99

Warhammer 40,000: Carnage — $0.99 from $6.99

Machinarium — $2.49 from $4.99

Trouserheart — $0.99 from $2.99

Azkend — $0.99 from $2.99

Azkend 2: The World Beneath — $0.99 from $4.99

Sparkle — $0.99 from $2.99

Sparkle 2 — $0.99 from $4.99

Just a heads up by Mines of Mars (and Neon Shadow, another Crescent Moon game) have both gone freemium so not truly free. Apparently, they have said "premium is dead" even in response to complaints in user reviews. They are saying you can email a proof of purchase and they will send a premium apk for install.

10.1" screen (1920x1200), 16GB with an SD slot that holds up to 64GB, 1.5GHz quadcore (goes up to 1.7GHz under load) and 2GB memory. Price on it is $200 from Newegg, Best Buy, Lenovo, etc. Currently comes with Android 4.4.0 but is getting an upgrade to vanilla 5.0 this summer or early fall (Q3 2015).

Obviously there's better tablets in existence but, for two hundred bucks, I've been really happy with it. Especially for the options in a 10.1" screen since I only use my tablet at home or in a hotel on vacation so I value screen size over portability.

I am not seeing that price on Lenovo's site. Is this the same model?

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/tablets/lenovo/yoga-tablet-series/yoga-tablet-2-10/

While I had been considering a new Android tablet, I get a discount through work with Lenovo if I buy directly.

I am not seeing that price on Lenovo's site. Is this the same model?

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/tablets/lenovo/yoga-tablet-series/yoga-tablet-2-10/

While I had been considering a new Android tablet, I get a discount through work with Lenovo if I buy directly.
This one: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/tablets/lenovo/a-series/tab2a10/

The "Save 20%" it advertises is marketing fluff -- their "sale" price is the same $199 price as the tablet is from Best Buy, Amazon, Newegg, etc.

Looks like they just have the white "exclusive" version on Lenovo's site. They used to have both the white and blue so maybe blue is sold out.

This one: http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/tablets/lenovo/a-series/tab2a10/

The "Save 20%" it advertises is marketing fluff -- their "sale" price is the same $199 price as the tablet is from Best Buy, Amazon, Newegg, etc.

Looks like they just have the white "exclusive" version on Lenovo's site. They used to have both the white and blue so maybe blue is sold out.
Interestingly, the portal I have to use for the discount does not have that one linked at all. To get the discounted price, I had to play with the URL. I can save a whole $5 on that model and get it for $195.

Welp, I checked my account today since I couldn't decide on anything to buy yesterday and all my coins are gone. I guess they reset the first day of the month after the year period. Called up support and they basically told me "tough cookies" when I said I just assumed they weren't promotional because they had yet to expire.

I remember a time where they wouldn't have been so quick to tell me to fuck off after losing out on about $30something of app store credit, but I guess I won't be shopping at the Amazon app store anymore.

Welp, I checked my account today since I couldn't decide on anything to buy yesterday and all my coins are gone. I guess they reset the first day of the month after the year period. Called up support and they basically told me "tough cookies" when I said I just assumed they weren't promotional because they had yet to expire.

I remember a time where they wouldn't have been so quick to tell me to fuck off after losing out on about $30something of app store credit, but I guess I won't be shopping at the Amazon app store anymore.
It's not like you got that credit for free or anything though.

While I am not saying he is correct in being upset for losing his coins (he had a year to use them, but there was some confusion on the wording of when coins expire) I find your logic to be complete and utter BS.

Just because you get something for free does not mean it has no value. If I give someone a present and someone steals it from them, do they not have a right to be pissed off? "whelp....I got it for free so I guess it doesn't matter that it's gone!"

While I am not saying he is correct in being upset for losing his coins (he had a year to use them, but there was some confusion on the wording of when coins expire) I find your logic to be complete and utter BS.

Just because you get something for free does not mean it has no value. If I give someone a present and someone steals it from them, do they not have a right to be pissed off? "whelp....I got it for free so I guess it doesn't matter that it's gone!"
In this situation he was well aware they were temporary and that they would eventually disappear if he didn't use them, which he didn't. And now he says he won'the buy anything from them again because he made the mistake of waiting too long. If he cared about it enough he could have easily contacted customer service to get a definitive time they would be taken away

No loss to Amazon if you refuse to shop there anymore, especially since you had a free amount and didn't use it to actually buy anything in an entire year. You had a year to find something, and are pissed at Amazon because you wasted your chance? Be pissed at you, not the app store.

FOTONICA — $0.99 from $2.99
Mines of Mars — Free from $4.99
XCOM: Enemy Within — $4.99 from $9.99
Chainsaw Warrior — $0.99 from $4.99
NHL 2K — $2.99 from $7.99
I, Gladiator — Free from $2.99
Templar Assault RPG Elite — $0.99 from $2.99
Chainsaw Warrior: LotN — $0.99 from $5.99
Civilization Revolution 2 — $4.99 from $9.99
Warhammer 40,000: Carnage — $0.99 from $6.99
Machinarium — $2.49 from $4.99
Trouserheart — $0.99 from $2.99
Azkend — $0.99 from $2.99
Azkend 2: The World Beneath — $0.99 from $4.99
Sparkle — $0.99 from $2.99
Sparkle 2 — $0.99 from $4.99
Can anyone recommend anything in this list from the Play Store? I've got a Galaxy Tab 2, an Asus Memo Pad 7, a Nvidia Shield Portable and a JXD S7800B now, and I want to play some other than emulators. Plus I've got a $10 Google Play card that's burning a hole in my pocket.

It was? I think someone would have mentioned it here if that was the case. Was it during one of those promotions where Amazon has 30 apps for free and Trouserheart was one of them?

Should have blew it on hearthstone crap...I had like 75 dollars in coins that were set to expire and spent it all on that.

@josekortez Xcom and Machinarium are both excellent games. Trouserheart is good too, but was just free on Amazon.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Lately, my favorite Android game has been 94 Seconds, an older freemium word game where the game gives you a category and the first letter of a word and you have to come up with a word in that category that starts with that letter.

Well, that and the Genesis version of Family Feud which I think is the Dark Souls of 16-bit video game game show conversions. I can never beat the computer.

Well, I paid actual money to get coins back and shit, yes. But I forget how much of it was actual money and how much of it was an appstore promo credit, but I know I've actually paid actual money. Not that it matters, as Saix has already pointed out.

Thanks for at least agreeing that it's still annoying even if you got it "for free". The wording is my main issue here, had it expired in exactly a year, I'd be kicking myself for forgetting rather than being annoyed with Amazon.

No loss to Amazon if you refuse to shop there anymore, especially since you had a free amount and didn't use it to actually buy anything in an entire year. You had a year to find something, and are pissed at Amazon because you wasted your chance? Be pissed at you, not the app store.
In this situation he was well aware they were temporary and that they would eventually disappear if he didn't use them, which he didn't. And now he says he won'the buy anything from them again because he made the mistake of waiting too long. If he cared about it enough he could have easily contacted customer service to get a definitive time they would be taken away
I didn't use it for anything because I didn't have access to an Android device during that period, so yes, I forgot about it. I came back, surprised to see my coins were still there, posted in this thread, and literally the next day they were gone.

In hindsight, I should have immediately contacted CS, but forgive me for thinking I had at least a day to think about it (as no one here had a definitive answer), and that they would be understanding. I contacted them as soon as I saw they had expired and expressed my confusion over actual expiration dates and the interaction I had was one of the most hostile I've ever had with Amazon. I'm simply lamenting that their CS, at least where the Android App Store is concerned (which is still a mess compared to the Play Store, so you would think they'd try harder to keep customers), is just piss-poor in comparison to how great Amazon CS used to be, in my experience. The term "getting too big for their britches", comes to mind.

Losing all that app money in general makes me not really want to put any more money into the store, the inconsiderate CS just cements that decision.

I wouldn't recommend ordering from Lenovo in general anyway unless you have a great reason. Their order processing and shipping takes forever. You'd be playing with your new tablet from NewEgg before your Lenovo order gets past "Sent to manufacturing" and you'd think that monks are handcrafting your tablet out of artisanal rare woods and bee's wax.

Can anyone recommend anything in this list from the Play Store?
I enjoyed Sparkle as a casual "sit on the couch and play" sort of thing. Pretty addicting. Haven't played Sparkle 2 yet though.

Sympathies on your loss, Bobby. That does suck and I can understand why you'd be annoyed.

I enjoyed Sparkle as a casual "sit on the couch and play" sort of thing. Pretty addicting. Haven't played Sparkle 2 yet though.

Sympathies on your loss, Bobby. That does suck and I can understand why you'd be annoyed.
Yeah the Sparkle games are pretty good Zuma-likes. I think I have Sparkle HD, Sparkle 2, and Sparkle 2 EVO on Amazon from FAOTD promos.

Yeah the Sparkle games are pretty good Zuma-likes. I think I have Sparkle HD, Sparkle 2, and Sparkle 2 EVO on Amazon from FAOTD promos.
I own the Sparkle games on PS4 and Vita, and really like them. Great Zuma clones!

What happened to MrNinjaSquirrel? He completely disappeared from the forums? The thread title is ancient, any way a mod could convert it to a wiki so people could update it, or have someone else take it over?

MNS has gone AWOL from CAG.  He's presumably too busy typing up long ass artsy reviews on Steam games that don't really deserve that much attention.

Edit: That sounds cattier than intended.  I just chuckle when I see four paragraphs about a trash indie game that deserves a review of "looks like crap, controls like crap, game is crap."

I actually picked this up with a movers coupon today for around 162 dollars. I previously had a nexus 7 but wanted something with a bigger screen. Going on a road trip in a few weeks, one where I won't have to drive and figured it would be good for watching movies on.
Tell me how good is the battery life. I am still using a hp touchpad with 4.4.4 which still serves me well since I already have note4 for games.

I can't remember if I already mentioned this here. Anyway, the Archie Comics app has 100 free comics books in it.

Once you buy the comics for free you can also view them on the website or even offline via the app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iversecomics.archie.android&hl=en

http://digital.archiecomics.com/

There's an Archie Comics app for iOS as well, but I can't verify if it has the free 100 comics.

Update: You can get all 100 free comics via the website as well. Use this link -> http://digital.archiecomics.com/all_top.php?page=1&type=free

I can't remember if I already mentioned this here. Anyway, the Archie Comics app has 100 free comics books in it.

Once you buy the comics for free you can also view them on the website or even offline via the app.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.iversecomics.archie.android&hl=en
http://digital.archiecomics.com/

There's an Archie Comics app for iOS as well, but I can't verify if it has the free 100 comics.

Update: You can get all 100 free comics via the website as well. Use this link -> http://digital.archiecomics.com/all_top.php?page=1&type=free
Would you happen to know if these are just Archie comics, or do they include other stuff from the publisher like Mega Man or Sonic?

Edit: I found out they are included! Those comics are great. Everyone who likes those series should check them out.

bread's done
Back