Android Deals Thread V2

MrNinjaSquirrel

CAGiversary!
Feedback
25 (100%)
The old thread hadn't been updated in quite some time, so I decided to make a new one. If you happen to see a sale not listed in the OP, go ahead and post it and I will be sure it's added. The same goes for anything listed that has expired as most sales have no set time frame, let me know and I will remove expired sales. Thanks!

Google Play
Ongoing Android Game Sales & Specials
King's League: Odyssey - $2.99 $0.99
Waking Mars - $2.99 $1.99
Worms 3 - $4.99 $0.99
Worms 2: Armageddon - $4.99 $0.99 
Infinite Universe - $5.99 $0.99
Alien Breed - $4.99 $0.99

Miscellaneous Android App Sales & Specials
Nothing of note right now...

Amazon Android Appstore
Free-App-Of-The-Day: 10/9
Alphabet Aquarium Vol 1 - Normal price: $1.99

Sales and Specials
Nothing right now...

Other Sales and Promotions
Nothing right now...

Last edited by a moderator:
Buff Knight - RPG Runner is 99 cents, which is 50% off, on the Google Play store. The game is a cross between an endless runner and a rogue like RPG. Great game. I've been playing it on my Galaxy Tab for most of the afternoon.
Picked it up and it's been a blast so far. Thanks for posting this.

Picked it up and it's been a blast so far. Thanks for posting this.
My pleasure! It's an extremely addictive game. And, the Steam version is $7.99 on the Steam store, so less than a dollar is a heckuva deal. I gave the game 5 stars and suggested that they add controller and Android TV support, so I hope they add both if they decide to update the game.

NFTD_950_Sale_Page.jpg

Links at http://www.g5e.com/sale

The LEGO Star Wars Complete Saga is on sale for 99¢ as part of May the 4th be with you! I am contemplating on buying it but I don't know if it includes all 6 episodes or you have to pay for the other 5 episodes

The LEGO Star Wars Complete Saga is on sale for 99¢ as part of May the 4th be with you! I am contemplating on buying it but I don't know if it includes all 6 episodes or you have to pay for the other 5 episodes
Likely all the episodes. It's normally $6.99. That seems a bit high if it is only one episode. Same price on Amazon as well. Although that version is outdated and likely not to work on some devices.

I don't know if this is new. I don't often play Plants Vs Zombies 2, but I noticed that it has a FREE COINS! button. Earn 500 free coins per each ad you watch.

Grab your Birthdayz hat – Plants vs. Zombies is turning 7! Celebrate with 10 days of Piñata Party surprises, May 3 – 12.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ea.game.pvz2_na&hl=en

I remember Kingdom Rush on Google Play did a similar thing for free gems for each ad you watched.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ironhidegames.android.kingdomrush&hl=en

So Remix OS for PC is shaping up quite nicely. Still haven't found an easy way to install to the hard drive of an xp computer but for Vista and up the install is easy as hell. Works very well. I do need to find a nice office suite though as the Amazon App store refuses to sync my cloud apps. Could also use a sale on google play cards. The amazon app store is the first outright bugs I've run into.

Some thoughts.

I wish more programs supported keyboard shortcuts, maybe as time goes on and with Google making android apps compatible with chrome books.

Not being able to snap desktop icons to grid unless doing it alphabetically sucks.

Some apps can't be be shrunk down and windowed next to other apps. Which is a an offense against a desktop operating system. Again, maybe as developers realize that between chromebooks, the rumors that other laptop manufacturers are actually going to use remix os in retail lapbooks, this is something that will change.

The lack of an ability for widgets on the desktop is irritating.

Don't take these flaws as a negative review though. All in all it's a breath of fresh air in dated systems that otherwise weren't used due to having Vista or earlier OS. In the case of the machine running XP, in the end I found the easiest thing to do was run an oem vista update, use a vista key from another machine and not allow it to connect to the internet. I transfered the files needed via usb, and then just exclusively boot to Remix. Honestly I'm tempted to use EasyBCD and attempt to change the boot default and timeout. Then, if I could find a good partition tool for android, I'd wipe the Vista parition entirely.

So Uncharted: Fortune Hunter came out and is sort of a Lara Croft Go clone with more levels and it's free to play. But by playing it you can unlock some multiplayer perks for Uncharted 4.

Also Kingdom Hearts Unchained X is really fun if you're into the series. It takes a LONG while for the actual story to get going though.

Punch Club: Fighting Tycoon is on sale for 99 cents (80% off) until Monday, May 9th. I've heard good things about it, although I'm sad it's not Android TV compatible.

I wonder if it'll let me try again. I did the pay $0.99 for 3 months promo, so technically not a free trial.

Not expecting it to work, but I'll try later.

Probably not. I think the deal specifically says it's only open to people who have never had Spotify for more than one week. But worth a try to see, I guess.

Some Kemco RPGs on are sale for 99 cents.

Special $0.99 app sale!
The total of 8 KEMCO titles for Android/iPhone will be priced down to $0.99 (up to 89%OFF) for a limited period of time on Google Play and on the App Store! If you are missing any of them, why not check it out!

Asdivine Dios

$7.99 -> $0.99

Google Play

Chrome Wolf

$7.99 -> $0.99

Google Play

Crystareino

$7.99 -> $0.99

Google Play

Grace of Letoile

$7.99 -> $0.99

Google Play

Legend of Ixtona

$8.99 -> $0.99

Google Play

Legna Tactica

$7.99 -> $0.99

Google Play

Revenant Saga

$7.99 -> $0.99

Google Play

Tears Revolude

$7.99 -> $0.99

Google Play

Thanks, Motoki! I've been looking for more Shield TV compatible games. I think that some of these Kemco RPGs are.

I also purchased a game this morning called Rogue Heroes that I would like to recommend. I don't know if it's on sale but it's only 99 cents. It's a rogue like platformer in the vein of Spelunky or Super Meat Boy, but you can use the coins you gather while playing the game to upgrade your character. It is Shield TV compatible if you use a mouse to click through the first few screens to start the games. If it has IAP, I haven't seen it yet.

The deluxe version of Jimmy Fallon's "Blow Your Pants Off" comedy album is free on the Google Play store right now. There are two versions of the album on the store, so make sure that you purchase the one that says free!

The deluxe version of Jimmy Fallon's "Blow Your Pants Off" comedy album is free on the Google Play store right now. There are two versions of the album on the store, so make sure that you purchase the one that says free!
Thanks! Good find. "The Doors covering Reading Rainbow" is pretty great. Didn't even know he put it on the CD until now.

Get $3 off your ticket to The Angry Birds Movie while playing the actually free versions of Angry Birds Rio, Angry Birds Space, Bad Piggies or Angry Birds Slingshot Stella from Amazon Underground. Once you download one of the qualifying games on an Android device, you will receive an email in about 24 hours that will contain a $3 Fandango promotional code towards The Angry Birds Movie that is being released on May 20.

http://www.amazon.com/b/?node=14552223011

Get $3 off your ticket to The Angry Birds Movie while playing the actually free versions of Angry Birds Rio, Angry Birds Space, Bad Piggies or Angry Birds Slingshot Stella from Amazon Underground. Once you download one of the qualifying games on an Android device, you will receive an email in about 24 hours that will contain a $3 Fandango promotional code towards The Angry Birds Movie that is being released on May 20.

Wonder if that $3 credit would work for other movies?

Wonder if that $3 credit would work for other movies?
Haven't tried it yet. I know that with other Fandango promos intended for a certain movie they seem to only work for the intended movie.

Could probably just go to another movie once you're in the theater. Never had an issue myself. :twisted:

Another option is to go to customer service with your Angry Birds ticket and tell them you changed your mind and want to see a different movie instead. They'll most likely issue you another ticket for the other movie.

Too bad fandango's $1.50 "convenience fee" eats half the discount. But my local Regal has $5 matinees on Tuesdays, so maybe I'll check it out for $3.50 :D Thanks for the heads up!

Just wanted to recommend Swapperoo, a new puzzle game made by the developers of the Quell series, that's only 99 cents for a limited time (50% off). It's kind of a thinking man's match three game and much more strategy-oriented and slower paced than Bejeweled. It even works on Shield TV with a mouse plugged in.

I remember them releasing a trailer for that late last year, and then heard nothing since you posted it is out. I'll wait for a sale. 

I remember them releasing a trailer for that late last year, and then heard nothing since you posted it is out. I'll wait for a sale.
I'm considering buying it and then uninstalling it within 2 hours if I don't like it. The good thing about the Google Play Store is that you can get a refund if you uninstall a game within 2 hours of buying it. $4.99 isn't a horrible price if a game is really good. I think that paying more than 99 cents for a mobile game is just distasteful to most Android users. But as you said, it will probably go on sale at some point. It is a UbiSoft game after all.

So, have you guys gotten your Angry Birds movie codes from Amazon?  It said the code would be sent within 24 hours, but it's going on two days here since I downloaded the apps and nothing (not that I'll be devastated if I don't get the code, but still)...

So, have you guys gotten your Angry Birds movie codes from Amazon? It said the code would be sent within 24 hours, but it's going on two days here since I downloaded the apps and nothing (not that I'll be devastated if I don't get the code, but still)...
Yeah, I got it. I think I got it the next day. I had already bought all the games in the past, so I deleted them from https://www.amazon.com/gp/mas/your-account/myapps?ie=UTF8&sort=a&page=1 and then bought them again via the app on my tablet.

Nvidia just released its port of Resident Evil 5 on Google Play today for $9.99 (33% off). It's only playable on Shield TV. I know I'm going to get 50 replies about how much cheaper it is on PS3 and Xbox 360, but I'm just putting it out there.

I want to wait until Amazon has this movie for free just like all the games have been.

Can't believe this is a movie....
Probably going to be awhile for that. Saw it with the family last Saturday. It was good. They basically just made up a story, just like they did with the LEGO movie. At the AMC Theatres they were giving out free Angry Birds collectible pins as well. 5 different ones. That giveaway ends May 26th.

angrybirds.jpg

Hhmm. Wondering if I never got my code because they don't consider the kindle fire an android device. Maybe the whole point is to coerce people to install underground on non-proprietary android devices.
Maybe try BlueStacks. That worked for me when they had a similar promo for the free $5 Amazon credit when you got a free app on Underground.

A long list of Google Play sales (most courtesy of AndroidPolice):

9 Elefants - $1.99
Dragon Quest II - $2.99
Dragon Quest III - $6.99
Dragon Quest V - $9.99
Dragon Quest VI - $9.99
GA Collected 1-3 - $5.99
GA Collected 4-6 - $5.99
GA 10: Lords of Nurroth - $1.99
GA 11: Songs of the Mystics - $1.99
GA 12: Asuria Awakens - $1.99