Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

Wow, 2 500+ prices this week!

So, hybrids. What's the best way to grow them if you really don't want to get into the whole TT thing? Based on the conversation I had in converse's town last night (thanks for opening your gate again...up to 8.2M bells in bank), I should water them everyday? I've only been watering them if they start to die. Also, is there a 'best' planting pattern? I've been planting flowers in a checker-board or on-diagonals pattern...

please open ur town im coming!! :D
my friend info is in sig

THANK YOU DAISYDOG!!!
i didnt get 8.2M but i got 2.2M :) how much did u invest eugaet ? i think u need to water all of them to make hybrids i cud b wrong, ask prim he def knows lol, i believe the best pattern is having two flowers diagonally with nothing next to any side of them and so forth, if gives more opportunities to hybrid, putting more than 2 flowers limit the location the hybrid would appear. but i feel like the T is most effective in maintaining. after i get my HRA 150,000 points i want to get the boxing theme it looks awesome. anyone i may trade for it?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eugaet']Haven't got the DSi bench DLC yet. Hopefully today.[/QUOTE]

Let me know when to open my gate, you can come pick one up.

I'm going to give it a chance to show up first. Told the kids to expect Pete to show up soon, but wouldn't tell them what it was. They finally pestered me enough to get 'Nintendo couch' out of me.

Can't exactly recall how many turnips I bought. Pretty sure I had a little more than 2M bells in the bank after buying turnips on Sunday, so to bump it to close to 8.2M, I must've bought 10400 turnips. Usually, the number I buy is evenly divisible by 1500, but I bought one red turnip with the last batch (which I promptly forgot to water). Not sure what I bought at, but I'm sure it was less than 100 bells per turnip. Even at 100 bells each, it would have been close to a 5M bell profit. I know I spent less than 1M bells for all 10400 turnips.

The white DSi bench out right now is a UK DLC. They got theirs yesterday. Working on getting the Japan Student Cap DLC right now.

Edit: Just got the student cap. The shirt is actually a pattern and is available in my Able's.

I may come over sometime for the cap and pattern. I'll wait for the DSi bench to officially hit the US.

Apparently, there's a throne waiting for me in my Nookington's today. Too bad it didn't wait until the 5th to show up, that's my next 5x points day.

Back from the grave! At least temporarily.

The 5th is my 5x day as well. I see it as a perfect opportunity for a giveaway:

Tom Nook will be stocking as many thrones as possible. It's faster than buying a bunch of moons, so I don't really feel bad about cheating in this way. I will also have white katanas and moons available to catalog.

I have not ever come into contact with hacked DLC, only the official Nintendo DLC is enabled on my file.

Any requests? Pikmins were hot items last time as I recall. What about Nintendo DLC or region exclusive items?

[quote name='eugaet']I may come over sometime for the cap and pattern. I'll wait for the DSi bench to officially hit the US.
[/QUOTE]

I've been hearing that the US version will probably be black or blue, to match the colors released here.

Hmmm...in that case, I may have to go back and cat the white one.

Doomed, how do you know what Nook will have in your store on the 5th?

I am now a platinum member, and soon my newly created other three characters will be as well. Tom Nook will be restocking thrones for a while.

3 pics from this month:
RUU_0078.jpg

Like I'm supposed to belive that. If anyone wants a Master Sword, it's free.

RUU_0079.jpg

The money is legit. The thrones? Not so much.

RUU_0081.jpg

And I bought all of them and need more. No way I'm spending my day buying things from the catalog.

Also have 6 copies of every official DLC item, plus a few region exclusives and some other stuff if anyone wants to take advantage of my point day.

Are there any negative consequences for messing with the clock? I've been getting to sleep at 6 A.M. Pacific time, and I know I won't be awake to buy turnips. I need to get some, too, because I'm nearly broke and only have the first house upgrade.

[quote name='yukine']Yes, your turnips will rot if you mess with the clock.[/QUOTE]

Well, dang. Thanks for the heads-up. Will anyone on Eastern time have their gates open at 8?

Also Joan will have no red turnips if you TT the week before. Having said that, if you TT in order to buy (white) turnips you will be ok as long as you don't TT again before you sell them. I.e. don't set the clock back to correct time until you sell them.

Oh, I didn't think joan arrived until 9? If it's 8 I could open my gate in a few minutes for you, but I won't be playing. Same rules as before - don't take anything on the ground and don't run. Post or pm if you want me to open my gate.

Allright guys, I sold the game, and have no real reason to stay subscribed to this. Either make a new thread with Doomed (or Crunchewy, if Doomed doesn't want to) to make the Friend codes list have real meaning and bring more life back to the thread. Or you can keep doing this, like you have been. Anyways, PM me if you need anything (such as permission to use my old, semi-complete friendcode list), and any posts you make on here I will no longer see. It was fun while it lasted...

-Alex

I quit from January-April, so I'm probably not the best person to start the new thread. However, the spreadsheet of active Friend Codes seems like a really good idea and we could just link to that in the OP of the new thread.

I found out recently that Animal Crossing Wii's actual data (not the empty data that fills the disc so the Wii can read it) totals 0.32 GB. Nintendo could have filled this with so much more. :whistle2:(

Joan shows up at 6 AM every week. She's an early boar.

Point special at my Nook's today. I don't care about the points anymore, so if my gate is open later, feel free to buy anything you want from Nookington's if you want 5x points.

Did anyone get the US DSi DLC today??? I didn't.

Oops, spoke too soon, there's Pete at my door with a letter from Nintendo. :) The DSi is the black one.

[quote name='Miranda']Joan shows up at 6 AM every week. She's an early boar.

Point special at my Nook's today. I don't care about the points anymore, so if my gate is open later, feel free to buy anything you want from Nookington's if you want 5x points.

Did anyone get the US DSi DLC today??? I didn't.

Oops, spoke too soon, there's Pete at my door with a letter from Nintendo. :) The DSi is the black one.[/QUOTE]

Got mine last night. Like the white a whole lot better.

Switching out my Regal set and my sports room today. Anybody want anything, I will have my gate open later.

[quote name='ProfWho']Does anyone have a white DSi? The black one is meh![/QUOTE]

I have a few by my gate, your welcome to come over and take one.

[quote name='prim4444']I have a few by my gate, your welcome to come over and take one.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to take one if you have any left later tonight or tomorrow. I won't be on till 3 hours from now.

Also, I got a USB keyboard! Too bad I had to move my Wii to the floor so the cord could reach. :(

I have multiple copies of every official DLC released so far, along with other neat stuff like Pikmins and Blue Falcons.

New OP, WIP v0.45:
---
Animal Crossing: City Folk - Some People Still Play It!

It's more of the same as Animal Crossing: Wild World on Nintendo DS, but the game really shines in the online mode. You can use the WiiSpeak microphone add-on or just plug in a USB keyboard, making communication easy.

If you are an active player, feel free to add your name (in alphabetical order) to the Google spreadsheet. To do so, open the link in spreadsheet view. Click on the number for a row directly below where your row would be, then click Insert->Row above.

Getting a friend code
First, your Wii must be able to connect to the Internet. I cannot help you here, but in most cases you will need a wireless router.
Start AC:CF.
Go to the gate at the top-center of town.
RUU_0088.jpg

Talk to Copper on the right.
RUU_0089.jpg

Select Friend code! from the menu.
RUU_0090.jpg

You will connect to the Internet and [hopefully] get a friend code.

RUU_0091.jpg
Fill in the information boxes. Click the |spoiler| tags if you need help finding it:
CAG

Your username on CAG. It's under the navigation bar on every page of CAG when you are logged in. Mine is Doomed.

cagusername.png
Town

Your town name in AC:CF. Point the Wii Remote at your screen, then press A on the heart icon at the bottom of the screen.
RUU_0084.jpg

From there, press A on the key icon at the top-left of the screen. Your town name is what is listed first in the information. Mine is Summers.

RUU_0085.jpg
Name

Your name in AC:CF. Point the Wii Remote at your screen, then press A on the heart icon at the bottom of the screen.
RUU_0084.jpg

From there, press A on the key icon at the top-left of the screen. Your names is listed second in the information.
RUU_0086.jpg

FC
See Getting a friend code above. If you already got one:
Point the Wii Remote at your screen, then press A on the heart icon at the bottom of the screen.
RUU_0084.jpg

From there, press A on the key icon at the top-left of the screen. Your friend code is listed third in the information.

RUU_0087.jpg
Fruit
Mark them as "Yes" if you have fully grown trees of that variety of fruit. "No" if you don't have any trees, and "Native" if that was the fruit your town started with. Native fruit sells for only 100 bells each, in comparison to all nonnative fruits but coconuts selling for 500 bells each.
Time Zone
Your time zone in real life. If you're in the USA, check http://time.gov/ and write the abbreviation for the time zone you're in.
Nook's
The name of the store Tom Nook is currently operating in your town.
Charm
The charm given to you by Katrina at the right of the City once per month.

I saw someone with ______. Is it even possible to get without hacking (cheating)?
The following items can only be obtained through the use of hacking tools:

The following items were actually created by hackers, and are not official Nintendo DLC. If Nintendo decides to release more than 252 pieces of DLC, you will be unable to get at least for pieces of DLC if you come in contact with someone who has the hacked DLC. Currently, I am unaware of any active players on CAG who are in contact with hacked DLC.

Adding Friends for Online Play
When you want to add someone as a friend, the only information that is required is their friend code. Their town and name can be gibberish, and once you meet with that person it will correct itself automatically. There are several people in my friend list who once had names of "p" that the game filled in automatically.

Anyone store open? I have loads of cherries to sell, if you want some you can have them. 5456-5249-2918 ViceCity Mikey

[quote name='MikeydCT']Anyone store open? I have loads of cherries to sell, if you want some you can have them. 5456-5249-2918 ViceCity Mikey[/QUOTE]

I can open my gates if you want. It says you're offline now, though.

I keep forgetting to let people know my charm for this month is to plant 4 flower seeds, get increased rare items. I'll update the spreadsheet tomorrow.

[quote name='Wa-Keen']Looking for Wendell's "Stone Paving" pattern. Does anyone have it?

10xu70k.png
[/quote]

I wish. If anyone does have it let me know too.

A few questions:

1) Is anyone still offering up white DSi benches?

2) Is there a time limit for the fishing tournaments, or do they go all day Saturday? And how often do they occur? I'll be in LA all day Saturday.

3) What does it mean when you've added a friend and they have a heart that's not filled in next to their name?

if anybody has the boxing ring wall paper and carpet i would lke it, i wud pay w/e i think its from sarhara.. -.- check tp's they wont get big until th/f/s right"? or has there ever been a nice 400 or 500 selling price before wed? my charm is planting a red turnip seed. does the charm only work once a month or consistantly? do u have 2 redo it or ?

[quote name='Matt Young']A few questions:

1) Is anyone still offering up white DSi benches?

2) Is there a time limit for the fishing tournaments, or do they go all day Saturday? And how often do they occur? I'll be in LA all day Saturday.

3) What does it mean when you've added a friend and they have a heart that's not filled in next to their name?[/quote]

1) I can try and get you one. I think I can buy it from my catalog.

2) They end at six and they seem to have one a month.

3) It means that they have added you too, but you have not met up in the AC world yet so until such time you cannot send letters to them.

Thanks for the response, ProfWho. If you can get it from your catalog, let me know how much it will cost. I can send you the Bells in exchange, right?

[quote name='Matt Young']Thanks for the response, ProfWho. If you can get it from your catalog, let me know how much it will cost. I can send you the Bells in exchange, right?[/quote]

You could, but I would send the bells back. I don't need any bells and I got it for free from someone else anyway so selling it would be like stealing.

Prim I could use some regal stuff, I'm just starting to build my basement into a regal room.
I have the amoire i believe so far.
And other random white furniture im using too.
Lemme know if you're still gettin rid of that stuff..

[quote name='applecrisp']Prim I could use some regal stuff, I'm just starting to build my basement into a regal room.
I have the amoire i believe so far.
And other random white furniture im using too.
Lemme know if you're still gettin rid of that stuff..[/QUOTE]

I got rid of it, but I can order what you need.

We can meet up or I can pop them in the mail for ya.

Let me know

Alright will do, i'll just get a list of what I'd like, and pay for them eventually (just need to sell fruit haha. cuz just payed for the last upgrade to my house)

edit;
K, so i compiled a list. And I'll pay you back, or if theres something you need and i might have it, i'll get it for ya.
Dresser
Sofa
Chair (x2)
table
bookcase
vanity
clock
wallpaper

Any requests for items? Two CAGs have PMed me asking for some hacked items, and if others want some too it's easier to do it all in one go.

Newest project: In two days, all four of my player controlled houses will be their maximum size with flags. In addition to having ABD's already in their houses right when you walk in, I am going to send an ABD with a friendly letter to every animal in my town. Eventually, I might have satellite banking operations in almost every building in town. I hope at least one puts an ABD in their house. That would be awesome.

bread's done
Back