Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

Hey, gang.

I've purchased 300 turnips this week, so let me know your turnip prices throughout the week please.

Thank you! :)

[quote name='CL-Insanity']I have a throne... just shoot me your information...

Also... a question....
What is the highest priced item on Animal Crossing...???[/quote]

I believe it's the Royal Crown. 1,200,000 Bells if it's the same as Wild World.

[quote name='CL-Insanity']Had my gate open for two hours today .... checked other gates.... NOTHING.
Is this game dying?[/quote]
I play and I have Wii Connect 24 on and will play with you, if you want.

[quote name='CL-Insanity']Had my gate open for two hours today .... checked other gates.... NOTHING.
Is this game dying?[/quote]

I am on for at least a half hour or so around 10pm Central Time. I haven't seen many people on at that time lately though.

So I had my gate open for a couple hours last night.

Between 2 of us, we ended up catching 6 Coelacanth in the 2 hours, 3 each. I thought it was pretty crazy. I've never seen anything like that before. I'm used to fishing for 4-5 hours and not even seeing one.

I just bought the game two days ago and today was my first trip to the city. I got a charm from Katrina in which a visitor needs to plant five flowers in my town and that THEY will have a chance to get the charm instead of me. Anyone know what this one does or anything? Thanks.

Oh and can I just add people from the forum, go to their towns and take their fruit and shop at Nooks? Is that considered ok?

(Oh and I have summer town, if that's when everything is sunny and bright. Yesterday it rained but today it was perfect, just a few clouds).

[quote name='Nealocus123']I just bought the game two days ago and today was my first trip to the city. I got a charm from Katrina in which a visitor needs to plant five flowers in my town and that THEY will have a chance to get the charm instead of me. Anyone know what this one does or anything? Thanks.

Oh and can I just add people from the forum, go to their towns and take their fruit and shop at Nooks? Is that considered ok?

(Oh and I have summer town, if that's when everything is sunny and bright. Yesterday it rained but today it was perfect, just a few clouds).[/quote]

The seasons are just like real world seasons. March-May is Spring. June-August is Summer and so forth. :bouncy:

Guess I should start asking now. Any good turnip prices? I couldn't sleep on sunday so I grabbed a few hundred K in turnips and today they were only 104.

[quote name='Nealocus123']I just bought the game two days ago and today was my first trip to the city. I got a charm from Katrina in which a visitor needs to plant five flowers in my town and that THEY will have a chance to get the charm instead of me. Anyone know what this one does or anything? Thanks.

(Oh and I have summer town, if that's when everything is sunny and bright. Yesterday it rained but today it was perfect, just a few clouds).[/quote]

You have to have their friend code. I am willing/eager to be your first friend!!! Just pm me your information. My info is below.

Most people don't care about you taking fruit. Etiquette is starting to evolve on Animal Crossing.

No running.
No taking flowers unless you ask first.
Fruit is usually ok.
No digging unless you ask first.
Items located in the "rocky" area of the gate are free for the taking.
Absolutely no chopping down trees unless part of a charm that has been discussed.
MY OWN RULE :
BE EXTRA NICE TO "PUDGE" ... HE IS THE TOWN FAVORITE!!!!

[quote name='VioletArrows']Guess I should start asking now. Any good turnip prices? I couldn't sleep on sunday so I grabbed a few hundred K in turnips and today they were only 104.[/quote]
Mine are 442

now's the part where Robert comes here and posts a high price :lol:
Everyone is welcome, but I may have to register you if you're new, so make sure you post your code or have it listed in the google document.

Also, my town charm is to catch a Peacock Butterfly for good fortune.

I've given up on turnips. It's made the game a chore for me because I feel like I need to check in ever day. Also, AC never leaves the Wii for that same reason so I don't play anything else.

Sorry about that Belle, guess we shouldn't enter buildings on wifi.
Hopefully you didn't lose many fish. I'm going to close my gate for now cause I need to practice for the brawl tournament. Glad you got to sell your turnips :)

[quote name='Miranda']Nice!

While paths/roads look pretty cool, they're kind of annoying to run on when you accidentally pick them up.

I got tired of having to fix my paths so much. I've slowly been removing them and using flowers as path borders instead of using patterns as walkway.[/quote]

Yeah, I'm sort of hesitant having guests in my town now. haha

[quote name='Miranda']Nice!

While paths/roads look pretty cool, they're kind of annoying to run on when you accidentally pick them up.

I got tired of having to fix my paths so much. I've slowly been removing them and using flowers as path borders instead of using patterns as walkway.[/QUOTE]

That's exactly the reason why I decided to use gyroids in my town.

I generally keep my gate open in case my one local friend is on. If I'm on, it's usually around 6:00 cst or later like 10:00. Feel free to add me and I'll make a note to add you. If I'm on super early in the morning, I generally don't bother opening my gate.

My info is in the spreadsheet.

[quote name='CL-Insanity']Anyone playing with wifi anymore???[/quote]

I am, but I seem to be the only person on most of the time.

AnimalCrossing008.jpg
AnimalCrossing009.jpg

[quote name='CL-Insanity']Anyone playing with wifi anymore???[/QUOTE]

I haven't been opening my gate since I don't have much in my town. I never see any of you guys on, though.

So I'm finally going to start playing over WiFi, now do you guys need my Wii code or my Animal Crossing code? What's the difference? And to register you guys I go to my Wii message board (on the main menu of the Wii) and add a new Wii console to my address book? Oh, and since there is only 20 slots who is on the most? I try to be on everyday for about two hours in the morning and two more at night.

[quote name='Nealocus123']So I'm finally going to start playing over WiFi, now do you guys need my Wii code or my Animal Crossing code? What's the difference? And to register you guys I go to my Wii message board (on the main menu of the Wii) and add a new Wii console to my address book? Oh, and since there is only 20 slots who is on the most? I try to be on everyday for about two hours in the morning and two more at night.[/quote]

No. You just need to add one another's Animal Crossing code. You add people directly within the game. Select the Friends tab in the in-game menu.

Yeah sorry I figured it out after glancing at the manual. I'm so used to those not saying shit but the AC one is pretty helpful. SuperPhillip are you on often? I'll PM you my information.

My turnip prices are at 431 today. I'll be able to open my gates around 7 Eastern if anyone's interested. I'll be AFK due to the Bulls game, but if anyone posts here saying they want to sell, I'll leave my gates open. All I ask is that you not take anything, even fruit. I'm still working on paying off my house debt.

No, it's not too late. I just came to check the thread during halftime. I'll start up the game now and leave the gates open till the game ends, probably in an hour and a half or so. Anyone on my list is welcome to come sell.

EDIT: And it's raining AGAIN, so if anyone needs a snail...

EDIT 2: Gate closed. Kilraven, did you never come to sell? The heart next to your name is still empty. And HUGE, HUGE thanks to *I think* CL-Insanity (sorry, I was focused on the Bulls game which ended up going to 3 overtimes) for the 4 royal crowns. I only expected one and was grateful for that, but since you left several, I decided to see how much Nook was offering. $300,000? Holy crap. You just allowed me to add a second floor to my house. Thanks so much.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anybody has any good turnip prices this week, please let me know. I bought a lot after not getting a chance to purchase any for the previous 2 weeks.

I got this game for my wife, and she hasn't even started playing it yet. Do you CAGers generally user wii speak or some sort of keyboard to talk in-game. If you use a keyboard, what one is best?

Thanks for the new DLC, Romeo. :)

yourlefthand, I use a keyboard. More specifically, the Logitech Cordless Desktop EX110. I know some other people here use other Logitech wireless keyboards. You can also use any USB keyboard if you don't mind having a cord.

I use a wireless keyboard too. It works great. And I want to ad my thanks to Romeo also. Love the hat! :) I hope someone has a good turnip price this week. I had to sell mine for 39 bells last week. :bomb:

bread's done
Back