Animal Crossing: City Folk - Gen. Discussion and info

[quote name='prim4444']just got Eiffel Tower and Morning Glory just now.[/QUOTE]

There's an Eiffel Tower DLC? Oooh!

The Dolphin looks nice too, can't wait for that one!

I got the morning glory yesterday. Thanks, Romeo!

Ooh, I like the morning glory. Pretty.

Which reminds me, Miranda, thank you for sending me that sand castle. I appreciate it! Sorry, I forgot to mention that when I got it.

My turnip prices are 135 right now. The wizard is saying it's a rollercoaster week and to sell immediately, but my prices yesterday didn't have the starting pattern for a rollercoaster week. I think it's a spike pattern, but I don't know which one.

M morn: 76
M noon: 68
T morn: 100
T noon: 135

I'll see how it changes again after midnight.

Thanks for the Eiffel Tower, Robert! I hope the charm worked!

Is anybody on to play some animal crossing?

Kinda excited about all the dlc that's been popping up these past couple of days. :D

Also my bridge was built a couple of days ago. I was wondering if it takes up for a week or more to be built?

[quote name='Beccaree']what is this scarab beetle my animals keep asking me about?[/QUOTE]

Scarab beetle... it's like any other beetle you find on trees. I think fruit/normal trees, not palm trees. The wiki says 11 pm to 8 am.

Anybody have turnips to sell? I have access to a town that's buying them for 506 bells. The price changes at midnight Pacific time, so less than an hour and a half left.

I could go to your town, get your turnips, go to the other town to sell them and then drop the bells off in your town.

UPDATE: Less than one hour to go for 506 bells per turnip!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Miranda! That's why I never see it... I usually don't play that late at night. My animals love to ask me for bugs that I haven't even caught yet. lol

Wow, 506? I was headed for a small spike this week, but that sounds way better than anything I could get. I have 1300 turnips (13 inventory spaces) sitting outside my gate.

FC: 0818-1742-1752
Name: Zero
Town: Crescent
Fruit: Oranges

EDIT: I miscounted slightly, there's 1300 turnips

EDIT 2: Thanks Miranda!

I'll have to make some room in my pockets before I head over to your town.

FC: 1032-4971-3067
Name: Miranda
Town: Newgrove

EDIT: Turnip prices went down to 168.

this forum that you wait 45 seconds
signature_damoo.jpg
:)

Yeah, Katie has been in my town for the past few days, open your gates and I'll send her in.

EDIT: If the kitten's still in my town tomorrow, maybe we can set up a time to make the transfer.

Hi,
Does anyone want to swap FCs? My wife just started playing and is looking for some people to play with.

FC: 2493-2427-3219
Name: Tania
Town: ponchik
Fruit: Apple

Cheers!

tkszeto (and, really, everyone for that matter!),

My GF also just started playing and is interested in the same, soooo...

FC: 3738-7836-1472
Name: Dana
Town: Townton

Anybody got good Turnip Prices today ?

I bought a 200,000 worth at 101 each so looking for anything over 200.

I can swap for Different fruit if anyone needs them

FC: 4168-1069-3166
Name: Paul
Town: Emiland
Fruit: All (Apples, Peaches, Pears, Cherries, Oranges and Coconuts)

Is anyone else's character really tan? I thought I remember people complaining before the game was released that they took the tan feature out. I was really surprised to see my character looking tan. I took a picture of her in my Mom's town for comparison. It's weird because my Mom plays this game more often than I do. We can't figure out why my girl is tan and hers is pale.

1z3q97m.jpg
[/IMG]

I don't play very much during the day, so my character doesn't get tan. If you want your tan to go away (or don't want to get a tan) and you play a lot during the day, just walk around with an umbrella. If you play mostly at night, you won't get tan since there's no sun at night.

I did end up with a tan back in February. One of the towns I visit keeps their clock 6 months & 12 hours behind (that way, there's always an open store to go to and different bugs/fish to catch and events going on). It's actually a few years behind too, so we can get the old New Years shirts. When I was in that town in February real time, it was August game time and I was there for a while catching stuff. Everyone who visited that town ended up getting so dark. LOL. After a while of walking around with an umbrella, my tan went away. But some of the other people stayed dark because they didn't use umbrellas.

Has anybody received the Dolphin model DLC yet? Delivery dates are 7/20 to 8/3. I haven't seen Pete except during his normal mail delivery times.

[quote name='Miranda']

Has anybody received the Dolphin model DLC yet? Delivery dates are 7/20 to 8/3. I haven't seen Pete except during his normal mail delivery times.[/QUOTE]

Nope, no Dolphin here. I'm beginning to think this is going to be like the ladder shades.

My turnip prices are sucky this week. I'm at 69 bells right now. Hoping tomorrow will be better.

I received the dolphin. Have committed to playing daily. Anyone who wants to add me.. be sure to PM me... Also, some dummy went around my town and shook EVERY tree... so anyone needing fruit ... please apply. I am not being mean... but would anyone who has deleted me let me know...? I haven't seen anyone on... and have left my gate open for hours with no visitors. Still looking for as many flowers as I can possibly get...

CL-Insanity - I can add you next time I'm on, if you like.

Does anybody have turnip prices of 100 or more? My Nook's on a quick path downwards and I don't expect him to be any better tomorrow.

[quote name='Trillian']CL-Insanity - I can add you next time I'm on, if you like.

Does anybody have turnip prices of 100 or more? My Nook's on a quick path downwards and I don't expect him to be any better tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Turnip prices here dropped down to 78 each. Too bad, yesterday they were at 155. I'll keep an eye out over the next little while for you.

[quote name='oemor']my turnip prices are at 181 if anyone wants to sell[/QUOTE]

Drat, that was right after I'd left for a friend's house. Oh well. Thanks for looking for me, oemor and tkszeto. Maybe tomorrow will be better for my Nook. *fingers crossed*

[quote name='Matt Young']Why is this game celebrating "the start of summer" with a fireworks display on August 2nd?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that myself. :)

Turnip prices are low today, only 89 bells.

I normally play around 10:00 PM EST everyday if anyone is ever interested in playing.

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']Picked up this game in the recent sale. Here's my info if anyone wants to add me:

FC: 5070-2424-3071
Name: Jeromie
Town: Ayanami
Fruit: Oranges[/QUOTE]

I'll add you tonight when I play. Here's my info:
Name: tania

[quote name='tkszeto']Turnip prices are low today, only 89 bells.

I normally play around 10:00 PM EST everyday if anyone is ever interested in playing.

I'll add you tonight when I play. Here's my info:
Name: tania
Fruit: Apple[/QUOTE]
I'll add you, and I'll probably be on at that time as well.

Whee! Turnip prices in my town are 326 until Nook's closes tonight! Who wants to come sell turnips? I'll hop on later this evening for whoever needs to visit.

[quote name='Trillian']Whee! Turnip prices in my town are 326 until Nook's closes tonight! Who wants to come sell turnips? I'll hop on later this evening for whoever needs to visit.[/QUOTE]

Holy Smokes, I've got 100 turnips to sell! I'd like to come visit if you are around. I'll be playing around 9:45 PM EST or so (in about 30 mins) if you are going to be online.

Edit - Prim4444 and Matt Young, I'll add both of you once I play tonight.

tkszeto, gate's open. Bring turnips!

EDIT: Eek, sorry about that, I accidentally hit power when I was plugging in my keyboard. Let me reopen, hang on.

(...boy is my face red...)

[quote name='Trillian']tkszeto, gate's open. Bring turnips!

EDIT: Eek, sorry about that, I accidentally hit power when I was plugging in my keyboard. Let me reopen, hang on.

(...boy is my face red...)[/QUOTE]
Add me too. I'll probably stop by.

bread's done
Back