Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a feeling Collection 3 will not be made until well after the last Part release.
It's been over a year since the last collection hit so I'm actually starting to think that people are actually buying the parts. But it's still weird because One Piece is still getting collections a few times a year and I see Toriko has just started getting collection sets too. I'm starting to think that collections for Funi's shonen animes are a spinoff of the SAVE collection (with the purpose to boost sales of the parts).

There was over a year and a half between collections 8 and 9 of One piece, so it may still be a while before we see collection 3 of fairy tail.

Damnit, who returned Seasons of Gray to Amazon?  Now I've got to look at that ugly-assface again every time I go to the anime section on AWD.  I thought when someone bought the last one, I'd never have to see that dvd cover again.  >_>

Edit:    

This isn't cheap enough for me to buy the series again, but if anyone was interested in the premium edition of Psycho Pass, there are a couple of VG listings on Amazon for $75.  Check which one you order though, because one of them says "may come repackaged" and is probably just the regular edition discs.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00HFC1V8Q/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

Funimation are doing bigger One Piece Sets. They are $69.99 each

Box Set 1 covers Ep 1-103 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MQ2X7UU?tag=viglink20241-20

Box Set 2 covers Ep 104-205 http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MQ2XBB0?tag=viglink20241-20
Dear lord. Imagine that packaging nightmare... not too shabby of a price though. And I hope the "Roronoa Zolo" name is just a crude reminder of what One Piece used to be. Because I got some bad flashbacks from that name alone.

OKAY I COULDN'T RESIST. I made this in 2005 and turn down your speakers before listening. My younger self was dumb. http://onepiececensor.ytmnd.com/

There was over a year and a half between collections 8 and 9 of One piece, so it may still be a while before we see collection 3 of fairy tail.
I wasn't aware of that. The One Piece collections felt like they were more frequent to me for some reason.

Unless I'm mistaken, that's a pretty good value. It's just too bad the anime itself is lackluster most of the time.
The first season of One Piece was solid imo. After that some fillers hit, and I think after Alabasta (god I don't even know if I'm spelling that right anymore), things got pretty boring and I hated the Sky Island arc. I really don't think it picked it up again until Water 7, mainly with the CP9 stuff. I dropped One Piece years ago and only a small part of me misses it.

Oh, and I started the Toradora dub on Crunchyroll and its actually pretty good. I would mention why I don't own it but I'll just sayI'm happy that I can stream it now, lol.

^^^

Wait I have Crunchyroll (paid) and they have dubs? All the things that I have been watching were subs...

I'm watching it on my Xbox btw.

^^^

Wait I have Crunchyroll (paid) and they have dubs? All the things that I have been watching were subs...

I'm watching it on my Xbox btw.
They still are mostly subs only, but a few select shows they have secured the rights to the dubs, including the just added Toradora. There are a couple others, but can name them off the top of my head.

The others are -

5 Centimeters per second

Catblue Dynamite

Lady Death the Movie

Viewtiful Joe

Sherlock Hound

RWBY

Valerian and Laureline

Rurouni Kenshin

Colormail

Otogi-Soushi

Full list here - http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-788825/crs-english-dubbed-anime

They still are mostly subs only, but a few select shows they have secured the rights to the dubs, including the just added Toradora. There are a couple others, but can name them off the top of my head.

The others are -

5 Centimeters per second

Catblue Dynamite

Lady Death the Movie

Viewtiful Joe

Sherlock Hound

RWBY

Valerian and Laureline

Rurouni Kenshin

Colormail

Otogi-Soushi

Full list here - http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopic-788825/crs-english-dubbed-anime
that list is lacking card capture sakura that was also recently added.

I think someone threw together an image to put on those One piece collections.  Unless, somehow, those are dvd collections of the god-awful 4kids dub.  In the funi dub, his name is Roronoa ZORO.  (they still had the dumbest reason for changing it in the 4kids dub, that it could be confused with Zorro, and for some reason at first the Viz manga called him Zolo)

I think someone threw together an image to put on those One piece collections. Unless, somehow, those are dvd collections of the god-awful 4kids dub. In the funi dub, his name is Roronoa ZORO. (they still had the dumbest reason for changing it in the 4kids dub, that it could be confused with Zorro, and for some reason at first the Viz manga called him Zolo)
You've got that a bit backwards. The Viz manga *did* use the right name, Zoro, at first, but they changed it to Zolo to match 4kids. And then never changed it back for reasons of "consistency", as if anyone would complain.

I also feel I should point out that, aside from "Zolo" and some other very minor oddities, the Viz translation of OP is excellent and far superior to any fan translations I've seen.

(they still had the dumbest reason for changing it in the 4kids dub, that it could be confused with Zorro, and for some reason at first the Viz manga called him Zolo)
They feared Disney would sue them, as they held the rights to Zorro at the time. Considering they also had to deal with Jynx, they did not want any more bad press and controversy with major companies.

I don't think a lawsuit was ever threatened like with Detective Conan, but 4Kids probably figured they would lose very easily and played it safe.

They feared Disney would sue them, as they held the rights to Zorro at the time. Considering they also had to deal with Jynx, they did not want any more bad press and controversy with major companies.
Really? I thought the Zorro character was already in the public domain.

On another note, still no release date for Super Sonico. Sentai acquired it awhile back, so it's surprising there's still been no word on it.

Hunter x Hunter on Netflix nice!!

And some other anime Knights of Sidonia apparently a netflix original.

Nope. Hell, Zorro isn't even 100 years old yet.

Zorro's rights are currently held by Zorro Productions Inc. They tried to sue Paramount over the TV show Queen of Swords in 2001 and Mars Candies in 2010 over copyright infringement.

On another note, still no release date for Super Sonico. Sentai acquired it awhile back, so it's surprising there's still been no word on it.
Hasn't even been a year since the show finished airing so don't expect it untill Feb,March,or at the lastest April.

Hunter x Hunter on Netflix nice!!

And some other anime Knights of Sidonia apparently a netflix original.
Should totally watch Knights of Sidonia, even has a dub. I originally wasn't into it due to the CGI, but I got over as a I continued to watch it. Plus, the plot was interesting. I eventually ended up reading the Manga afterwards. xD

The price of Kill la Kill on Amazon UK has dropped to 39 GBP (roughly $55 before shipping).  I'm still debating about whether or not I want to pick it up, as this series will be even more expensive that their version of SAO was.  You're looking at 120 pounds for all of KlK as compared to 80-90 pounds for all of SAO.

Of course, people might say that you're paying less per good episode for Kill but that's not a debate I have any opinion on ;)

:whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee:  :whee: 
(this is how excited I am if those movies indeed come out on 11/18)

Should totally watch Knights of Sidonia, even has a dub. I originally wasn't into it due to the CGI, but I got over as a I continued to watch it. Plus, the plot was interesting. I eventually ended up reading the Manga afterwards. xD
second knights of sidonia, it is basically like dead space with mechas, if a japanese animation company ever made a series out of it.

To be fair, you posted "TBA" for those two. :whistle2:
haha fine... :p

To be honest Wind was the only one with a confirmed date. The others I didn't want to put down November and be wrong and then face the wrath of my fellow animers.

Also I third Knights. I have watched it many times. Dubbed and subbed. I really hope they give us a Season 2.

And thank you to the poster with the link to the dubs on CR. Watching Toradora and it is great. Now I just need to save enough to buy it.

Will defiantly give it a shot, but I'm in full agreement with the cgi

Also: (bebop amazon edition details)

As a few of you may have noticed (enough to make it the #1 Blu-ray on Amazon this morning!), the first listing for our Cowboy Bebop release has gone online—our Amazon Exclusive Premium Edition. We are thrilled today to reveal the configuration details of the release!

Release date: 12/16/14
Includes:
Complete TV series on Blu-ray and DVD (combo pack)
Exclusive Limited Edition clamshell art box
140 page black and white art book featuring concept sketches and designs that highlight Cowboy Bebop‘s origins
48 page vibrant, full-color art book

We’ve got a lot more to reveal for Cowboy Bebop in the coming weeks, including our FUNimation.com Exclusive Premium Edition, on-disc extras, and more—so stay tuned!
- See more at: http://www.funimation.com/blog/#sthash.vyxy10d1.dpuf

Cowboy Bebop Remix is 6 disks, so it might be 3/6.

As for clamshell, it says the artbox is a clamshell box. So I'm picturing something like some of the Entourage DVD sets.

I'm pretty sure the Bebop movie is still licensed to another company. I'm a little surprised in the end that Bebop wasn't split into 2 parts just so Funimation could cash in on it more. I think even the UK split it into two parts as they have had the Blus for a while. 

Either way, I pre-ordered the Amazon edition. Despite me seeing this so many times for the past 13 years, seeing it in HD the first time will be great (CG aside of course).  

On a random note, my brother still has the perfect sessions DVD box set of Bebop from many moons ago and it still looks great, lol.

How does much does Amazon mark down the Studio Ghibi films when they go on sale? Asking since I wanted to know if it's a better just to preorder the new ones now before they last their preorder price.

Did they get rid of all of the annoying background noise on the bluray's for the CCS set?  The dub seemed decent, just a lot of noise on the youtube videos.

Did they get rid of all of the annoying background noise on the bluray's for the CCS set? The dub seemed decent, just a lot of noise on the youtube videos.
the dub is up on crunchy roll so if you have access to the site you could check it out there.

How does much does Amazon mark down the Studio Ghibi films when they go on sale? Asking since I wanted to know if it's a better just to preorder the new ones now before they last their preorder price.
Typically I see Studio Ghibli films on sale for $25 typically if it goes on sale... But during specialty daily deals or holidays (ex Black Friday) it could be $19.99

ghibli films almost never come on sale, however, my philosophy is this: i'm paying 25-30 for a top notch film, anime film mind you, hand drawn, japanese and english voice cast, special features and hd glory.

The least i could do is pay that 25-30 and support the effort put in to make such films actually happen. 

bread's done
Back