Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
$13.99 for Bodacious Space Pirates on Blu-ray? I'm so utterly disgusted I could puke. I payed waaay more for both volumes, and I still have yet to watch the show.

I'm tempted to buy You're Under Arrest for the super low price. Wish it had a dub though. I've grown accustomed to the dubbed version of the original series that I have on laserdisc. 

$13.99 for Bodacious Space Pirates on Blu-ray? I'm so utterly disgusted I could puke. I payed waaay more for both volumes, and I still have yet to watch the show.

I'm tempted to buy You're Under Arrest for the super low price. Wish it had a dub though. I've grown accustomed to the dubbed version of the original series that I have on laserdisc.
You are not alone on BSP. :D

damnit check still hasn't cleared for me to blow my brains out on this sale. nevermind the fact that tomorrow is black friday and ill be in line. 

And aren't they the versions where the quality is lower due to it being 1080i instead of p? Learning that Sentai will rerelease stuff into complete collections made me stop buying these parts releases..

Any thoughts/recommendations on these?

Golgo 13

Bodacious Space Pirates

Humanity Has Declined

Love Lab
Humanity Has Declined is episodic and the series itself is more about random adventures with fairies and how weird they are. The show has its trippy moments and was a fun watch.

I liked Love Lab a lot. Its more or less your typical high school club anime but I found the series enjoyable.

Any thoughts/recommendations on these?

Golgo 13

Bodacious Space Pirates

Humanity Has Declined

Love Lab
Bodacious is better than it's stupid name would imply, but still not anything great. But at the price it currently is I plan to pick it up once there is something in the early 12+ days that I want.

Is anyone else extremely disappointed with the sales thus far?
Yup. RS might as well just have called it the great Sentai sale along with some niche Funimation titles here and there. I was actually going back through the posts from last year and saw that in early November 2013, DVD Planet had a sale with almost everything Sentai for $25 each. The sweeter thing with them was it easier to get free shipping so you could buy less. I'm almost done with the stuff I bought from them last year and since then I haven't really been interested in anything else else that Sentai has offered.

I'm kind of hoping Amazon at least has a decent Funimation sale tomorrow night/Friday.

I don't have any real problems with the sale. I like the Mega Deal idea. It gives people incentive to clear some of the items out of their carts since they'd be placing an order that day. It also gives you a reason to check back every day (especially during waves when you otherwise would not need to do so). The waves are generally just decent early sales to get people excited about the 12 day sale, but there's some good, cheap items out there. Here's a list of the ones that stood out to me.

Wave 1
Clannad blu rays - Not as good as the DVDs from a couple of years ago, it's a good price for the blus

Kobato - if part 1 gets added back

Royal Space Force

Watamote

Special A

Wave 2
Fairy Tail collections

Moribito

Wave 3
Bodacious Space Pirates - individual collections

Familiar of Zero

Golgo 13 Bundle - mostly because it's so cheap

You're Under Arrest - all four sets (just know you'll probably never get the first series)

Not at all as I had reasonable expectations for this sale given the past history. These waves are just a small teaser to what is to come and rarely have any really exciting deals. It's how it has always been, thus no reason to be disappointed when it's exactly that.

That was a 3rd party seller correct? NISA doesn't sell on Amazon. Usually RACS is the seller and it is fullfilled by Amazon.
Warehouse Deals, Inc.

As for Wave 3, I already have all the stuff I would be interested in. Wish DxD New was on there, so hopefully it will be on the 12 Days.

I will say that Dirty Pair and Rose of Versailles are anime classics for a reason. Well worth the price.

Not at all as I had reasonable expectations for this sale given the past history. These waves are just a small teaser to what is to come and rarely have any really exciting deals. It's how it has always been, thus no reason to be disappointed when it's exactly that.
Going into it like Amazon's game goldboxes? Set sail for fail.

I'm just confused by the Part 2 part. Was that added?

Edit: Nevermind, google-fu showed me the original. Why didn't you cut off the top to keep the art?

I bought Penguindrum collection 2,Gatchaman Crowds,and the Utena bundle. I doubt that Utena is gonna be the greatest thing ever (that title belongs to Samurai Cop) but am going to give it a shot. I'll pick up the Dirty Pair bundle and the second part of Space Adventure Cobra later this week.

I don't think I would either. I'd sooner toss the slip.
Toss them to me haha. I'd gladly buy them. As long as they are ones I don't have haha.

Daily reminder - We are now at 16 votes after two days! Thanks for the votes everybody, just at least 19 more to go for the gift card give away! If you have 5 minutes, please vote, thank you!

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/338628-the-official-cag-ultimate-anime-recommendations-vote-1-begins-w-giveaway-5-amazongc/
Yes go vote people!

I'm just confused by the Part 2 part. Was that added?

Edit: Nevermind, google-fu showed me the original. Why didn't you cut off the top to keep the art?
The top wasn't enough room to still fit so I would have cut into the art no matter what. so if I did it would have cut into the title of the show. I was also weighing on tossing them so I decided to cut instead. There there are the bottom cross barriers and the damage since it came from the funi store. Trust me I thought it out a bit before I did it.

Can someone jog my memory and tell me what amazon had last black Friday that was a must buy.
I remember getting the digimon seasons 25$ and dxd season 1 18$.

Also again I know the RACS feels in here but both limted editions are 45$ each for tonight.

Can someone jog my memory and tell me what amazon had last black Friday that was a must buy.
I believe they had a few newer Funimation titles for $25. Then later on (I believe) Cyber Monday they had a massive Funimation sale for a lot of titles were $25... including the ones on the gold box deals which was kind of BS.

EDIT: Got the Crunchyroll newsletter at around midnight saying the only thing they have going on is a 30% off coupon at their store. For those that care, the code is BF2014. Keep in mind that it doesn't apply to memberships which is honestly the only thing that I care about. =_=

Anyone know where I can I get the dbz seasons on bluray cheap?

Was hoping for a black friday sale somewhere for all the seasons

I believe they had a few newer Funimation titles for $25. Then later on (I believe) Cyber Monday they had a massive Funimation sale for a lot of titles were $25... including the ones on the gold box deals which was kind of BS.

EDIT: Got the Crunchyroll newsletter at around midnight saying the only thing they have going on is a 30% off coupon at their store. For those that care, the code is BF2014. Keep in mind that it doesn't apply to memberships which is honestly the only thing that I care about. =_=
If that's true about the Crunchyroll code, may finally bite on trying the Weiss Scwarz cards. Although I don't see anywhere to enter a code when checking out

Edit - Derp....nvm. Found it

Welp. Just finished the main 135 episodes of Naruto. My life now has a void in it. Couple that with the fact that someone messed with my copy of Shonen Jump 50 and now it is ruined. Now I'm gonna have to spend up to 40 bucks on a new one. Only good thing is that I'll be able to gut this one for when I eventually frame it.

Not planning on getting Shippuden until the series is over and they release larger box sets like they did with the original. At 1 episode per week and the sub version well over 100 episodes past where the dub is at there is no telling when the series will end. 13 episodes a box set is also really scarce considering Shippuden has a lot of filler. I'll end up collecting Set X for that one episode and have to sit through 12 episodes of filler. 

On to eBay for a copy of Shonen Jump. fuck my life 

Edit Une: Finally able to find a copy. 30 bucks shipped. Oh well. Gonna store this one in the attic along with some other valuable stuff. Can't leave anything out in the open. Pretty shitty that I can't trust anyone in my room. smh

Hmm, it seems that the Blu-Ray version of Spectacular Spider-Man is $13.99 on Amazon right now.

I don't remember another retailer carrying it at that price so I guess that's as good as it gets.

i think most of the anime sales have been pretty good this year across all boards not just right stuf. obviously most of the anime doesn't appeal to me therefore i do not take advantage however if you are fan of some newer sentai titles and a whole lot of ecchi then these sales are amazing for you. if you are a fan of getting ripped off then funimation sales have been god given. jokes aside gohastings has had some good sales and some decent stuff on amazon. most of the anime i have boughten over the past year has come from ebay or half.com

jflooooooooo, on 27 Nov 2014 - 04:35 AM, said:
Welp. Just finished the main 135 episodes of Naruto. My life now has a void in it. Couple that with the fact that someone messed with my copy of Shonen Jump 50 and now it is ruined. Now I'm gonna have to spend up to 40 bucks on a new one. Only good thing is that I'll be able to gut this one for when I eventually frame it.

Not planning on getting Shippuden until the series is over and they release larger box sets like they did with the original. At 1 episode per week and the sub version well over 100 episodes past where the dub is at there is no telling when the series will end. 13 episodes a box set is also really scarce considering Shippuden has a lot of filler. I'll end up collecting Set X for that one episode and have to sit through 12 episodes of filler.

On to eBay for a copy of Shonen Jump. fuck my life

Edit Une: Finally able to find a copy. 30 bucks shipped. Oh well. Gonna store this one in the attic along with some other valuable stuff. Can't leave anything out in the open. Pretty shitty that I can't trust anyone in my room. smh
Anime or manga? Manga is done for Naruto.

bread's done
Back