Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I turned off the auto-renew feature. Had to e-mail customer service to get it done, though.

This year has been a big bust for deals in comparison to past years. Hopefully Cyber Monday brings something good, if not then 12 days is all we have left. All I'm really looking for is AoT part 1 and 2 for $20 each.
you can get that any day. just get a movers coupon from bestbuy and use it on the 24.99 part 1 or 2. it makes it roughly 22 bucks, however, thats better than nothing. i doubt we'll see it for that low considering how new it is and how much funi would like to make off of it. who knows.

Most of us on this forum picked up A-Channel at that price. Never heard of it before. Just saw it dirt cheap for being Sentai and it was a preorder. I think it was Froz who told us about it so naturally we blind preordered. It's an ecchi and the trailer was pretty funny seeing as I can't stand Ecchi
Wut? It's a 4-koma.

They do not charge until it ships. Also it usually takes a day or two to ship with FS though they have been shipping out the stuff on sale pretty quickly it seems.
awesome. it's been ages since i placed anything from right stuf so i guess im good.

for all those wondering i ended up getting

Clannad After Story Collection 1

Clannad After Story Collection 2

Clannad Collection 2

Golgo 13 Holiday Bundle (They were out of stock on collection 3 and this bundle comes with all 4. Pretty odd)

Total was 55 bucks. Not toooooo bad but seeing as people are bidding upwards of 30 bucks on singles of Clannad I guess I came out swinging. When websites such as RS exist and sales like this as well I often wonder why people resort to ebay for the same item and end up paying more. Mind you it is used and not new

Haven't bought a TV in years, but I believe there are other factors--image processing, type of panel, etc--that affect this, not the refresh rate of the TV. Please do correct me if I'm wrong, though.
32" is what I have. I think I may have put a picture of my setup on here before. Basically it's mounted to my wall. It's a Toshiba. underneath it I have a glass holder which has my PS4, Xbox One, and my Wii U. All the wires go behind the TV. It has clear sound and picture. Nothing wrong with it. Lots of HDMI ports. USB port. Good remote (not that it matters but I like it) Perfect for anime and gaming
I don't have much expertise with image quality, so I don't think I can help you much. Refresh rate isn't an immediate indication of a display with good display lag. Matters for gaming, but not for watching things.

If you're sensitive to lag, I suggest checking something like http://www.displaylag.com/display-database/

For that, you can't trust "response time" and "refresh rate" to give you a meaningful metric.

Not sure about motion blur. Many sets advertised higher than 60 Hz are using software to interpolate / add frames to cut down on motion blur, I believe. Some are "true" 120 Hz while others are 60 Hz with software that gets them a picture "similar to" 120 Hz so they slap 120 Hz in the title.

If you find a set you're interested in, you might want to see if TFTCentral has a review for it. They have a section usually showing some high motion benchmarks of sorts.

You can give me a crappy picture, but a responsive display and I'm happy though. After all, that's what "game mode" is designed for anyway. :D
I bought one on BF last year and went 120 hz for games. 120 hz can look weird for some animes. A notable example was the drummer character from Kids on the Slope for when he would swing his drumsticks up and down, it would slow them down so I could see them in motion and it just looked really, really weird. However, it works great with games and movies. Anime with a lot of movement and action it would probably work nice with too. Oh, and you can turn off the feature just in case it really bugs you.

I got a Samsung 40 inch last year just in case you wanted to compare or whatever,
Eh. There are two types of 120 hz. Either 60 hz with the black frames put in between, or true 120 hz. But honestly, I don't know how much it'll help the motion blur as long as you got a quality 60 Hz.

Edit: For the record, I have a 120 Hz 3D TV where half the frames are black frames, with the motion processing off. The black frames work by putting a black frame between each frame, because LCDs change from black to other colors consistently faster. So it should, in theory, help with motion blur. I don't witness any motion blur on my TV.
It's mostly marketing. Here's a good rundown on refresh rate.

http://www.rtings.com/info/what-is-the-refresh-rate

Smooth/Motion processing doesn't really work with Anime. I have a LG 55" and if I have Smooth Motion on it will have weird artifacting and feels like the frames are sped up.
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the input, it was really helpful. Due to space restraints my options were limited to just a few models. After everything in the end I decided to go with the 120(native btw) I was considering the Samsung H6350. While the input lag on it is a tad bit higher(about 10 msec more) than the 60hz one I was considering it, it still considered pretty darn good and the motion blur is significantly less than the 60hz one it. So again, thank you everyone I appreciate it.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the input, it was really helpful. Due to space restraints my options were limited to just a few models. After everything in the end I decided to go with the 120(native btw) I was considering the Samsung H6350. While the input lag on it is a tad bit higher(about 10 msec more) than the 60hz one I was considering it, it still considered pretty darn good and the motion blur is significantly less than the 60hz one it. So again, thank you everyone I appreciate it.
That's what we're here for. Hope it all works out for you and the picture quality is amazing as ever. Nothing better than kicking back and putting in a dvd or blu-ray disc and watching anime on a nice tv. CAG On

Sweeeeet. My RS order confirmation came in. 3:45 rn on the west coast and I just bought Bleach only the first 3 seasons after a rec from a friend who said that the Soul Society arc and Rescue arc are the best the series has to offer and after that read the manga. So I took his advice and came up on a steal for the og box sets. 30 bucks total. Not bad for over 50 episodes. Never mind that its so late and I'm watching FMA Brotherhood on blu ray and can't get over how beautiful it is. 

awesome. it's been ages since i placed anything from right stuf so i guess im good.

Clannad Collection 2
Golgo 13 Holiday Bundle (They were out of stock on collection 3 and this bundle comes with all 4. Pretty odd)

Total was 55 bucks. Not toooooo bad but seeing as people are bidding upwards of 30 bucks on singles of Clannad I guess I came out swinging. When websites such as RS exist and sales like this as well I often wonder why people resort to ebay for the same item and end up paying more. Mind you it is used and not new
Awww wut you got them on dvd? Not Kool dude

Sweeeeet. My RS order confirmation came in. 3:45 rn on the west coast and I just bought Bleach only the first 3 seasons after a rec from a friend who said that the Soul Society arc and Rescue arc are the best the series has to offer and after that read the manga. So I took his advice and came up on a steal for the og box sets. 30 bucks total. Not bad for over 50 episodes. Never mind that its so late and I'm watching FMA Brotherhood on blu ray and can't get over how beautiful it is.
I swear to God if you say OG one moretime I'm going to beat you like a red headed step child. :p Just no man..no. haha
Orignal....original....no Original Gangsta....no. ;)

Awww wut you got them on dvd? Not Kool dude
haha DVD....boo. Blu ray only please. Still haven't a single thing this RS sale. I'm holding out for the 12 Days...if not then I have a few things I'm going to grab maybe.

Clannad Collection 2

The stock are different for the bundles.

They have enough full bundles for Golgo 13 with collection 1-4, but the remaining collections that weren't bundle won't necessarily all be the same quantity, so they must have had lower quantities of collection 3 left compared to the other sets, and in this case it appears to be much lower, and that could be an issue of certain collections not being as heavily distributed as others. I'm sure you've noticed this before when buying certain series there are sometimes certain volumes that are just crazy expensive, while all of the others are cheap. As long as the bundle itself is not sold out, you don't have to worry about it.

I swear to God if you say OG one moretime I'm going to beat you like a red headed step child. :p Just no man..no. haha
Yea. I've been wondering if he's Fire_Thief, but then there's another user who clearly is Fire_Thief already.

He may also want to learn how to hit the edit button instead of constantly double posting. ~_~

Yea. I've been wondering if he's Fire_Thief, but then there's another user who clearly is Fire_Thief already.
His new name is just so Fire_Thief too. ;P

Clannad Collection 2

DVD only? BOO THIS MAN :>

I was thinking the same thing haha

I snagged a few items off of the RightStuf sale. I hit it hard last year, so there was not much I still wanted. I got the first and second volumes of Bodacious Space Pirates (blu-ray), those sets were extremely reduced in price. I had never picked up Royal Space Force on Blu-Ray before, so I got that. And I snagged a copy of Bimbogami in the DVD+Blu-Ray set. That one wasn't nearly as much of a deal, but still a decent price and I just really liked the series.

Hey, my dvd copies of Clannad from a couple of years ago (when they were $6/set) produce just as many feels as the blu ray release does. : P

Noticed Amazon still had the 19.99 Pre Order Price for Evangelion 3.33. Placed an order down for the hell of it.
I thought they stopped preorders. They sent an email a while back asking if people still wanted theirs and then when you went to the page it said item unavailable. It is slated for this upcoming month though. December 11?

I wonder how much the Steins;Gate complete series will drop at Right Stuf before Xmas. I'm itching to order it off Amazon, but I have a feeling that once I do, it'll be on one of RS' 12 days of Christmas sale.

Well, it's right there, clear as day.

I wonder how much the Steins;Gate complete series will drop at Right Stuf before Xmas. I'm itching to order it off Amazon, but I have a feeling that once I do, it'll be on one of RS' 12 days of Christmas sale.
Will buy if 20 at Rightstuf or Amazon.

Last minutes ordered  :)

1   $13.99     Bodacious Space Pirates Blu-ray Colle
    1   $13.99     Bodacious Space Pirates Blu-ray Colle
    1   $24.49     BTOOOM! Blu-ray Complete Collection (
    1   $31.49     Clannad After Story Blu-ray Complete
    1   $31.49     Clannad Blu-ray Complete Collection (
    1    $5.99      Dan Doh!! The Super Shot DVD Complete
    1    $4.99      Diamond Daydreams Complete Collection
    1   $24.49     Dream Eater Merry Blu-ray Complete Co
    1    $9.99      Eureka Seven: Good Night, Sleep Tight
    1    $5.99      Gantz Season 2 DVD Box Set (Hyb)
    1   $12.24     Garden of Words, The Blu-ray (Hyb)
    1   $13.99     Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamis
    1   $24.49     Say "I Love You." Blu-ray Complete Co

@Masterkyo

You may never know if RS still extends the "Waves" Sale with the "12 Days Deals", but hey, it doesn't hurt to do last minute things, lol. (But usually they do.)

Here's the full list for Day 1,

layton and Kekkaishi interest me, but alas I only see one piece collection 9 that interests me thus I can't get to free shipping so I will likely have to pass on them as they are limited counters.

note to anyone who looks at needless... it's a huge trap to buy it. it's collection 2 only, which is going for $12-15 on amazon while collection one is going for $50 plus... which is more than the complete series is >

Boo on Nura.  Dvd only, not all 4 of the released sets, and the description indicates that there will be a limited number available.

@Froz - They're overpriced too?  Double boo.

It would appear Funimation was more focused on their own website as far as the "sales" were concerned.

Didn't seem like anybody really had any actual Funimation sales this year, other than Rightstuf with the occasional titles here and there, but for the most part it was pretty slim pickings.

Overall, the anime sales this year have been more or less a bust with the exception of Rightstuf, and the Funimation clearance sale.

It was as if the only people selling anime this year were the websites dedicated to selling anime...go figure...

nadia is really tempting... might have to talk to the wife about that one.. though I own like half the series on dvd already ><

Yu-Gi-Oh Classic: The Complete Series $110

Digimon Collection Seasons 1-4 $110

in general there are plenty of things on sale on best buy (just go to the movies section for cyber monday deals and sort from high to low) I didn't see anything else that was obviously a good price though.

Does anyone have any idea why Leviathan: The Last Defense got a re-release 6 months after it came out on Blu-Ray with a new english dub? I'm curious about picking up the show.

bread's done
Back