Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have any idea why Leviathan: The Last Defense got a re-release 6 months after it came out on Blu-Ray with a new english dub? I'm curious about picking up the show.
The new English dub isn't out until early next year in February.

It's most likely related to licensing issues.

Section 23 has a habit of not waiting to get the go ahead to do both, or one or the other, so instead of waiting to put it out they just sell what they can first, and then re-release it for others later on. Funimation does the same thing with their DVD releases first, then into blu-ray, although they've gotten better with that with the recent releases.

FYE lets you use ANTLERS for 30% off and free shipping with no minimum.  I picked up some things marked at half-off and Dark Knight just because I felt like watching Batman.

Sorry about my earlier question post as well.  It came off as direct, rude, and hard to understand and I was trying to avoid making two posts - it came out terrible anyway.  I know what I'm doing with it though.

Thanks again Squarehard.  Maybe Amazon will have some sales in the coming days, but it seems RS wants our money much more.  It's kind of sad when Clover Media is beating you.

Only interested in Oreshura and Vividred Operation so far.

Maybes on Akikan!, Blessing of the Campanella, Mashiroiro Symphony, Modern Magic Made Simple, and Pet Shop of Horrors

It's been $79.99 many times before, just pause your equines.  It's also dub only if that matters.
Thanks for the advice, I decide to wait till it drop to the 100$ dollar range and for the meantime I got myself the Disgaea artbook and Gun x Sword.

FYE lets you use ANTLERS for 30% off and free shipping with no minimum. I picked up some things marked at half-off and Dark Knight just because I felt like watching Batman.
Sweet. Picked up the 3 Gundam Zeta movies for 14 bucks and some change. Not too bad. I'll watch these in place of collecting the overtly expensive series. I know its an alternate ending and some stuff is taken out so I'll youtube videos to find out what I missed. Super glad that they actually make these movies. Makes collecting a whole lot easier. Now my Gundam collection includes

Gundam 0080 War In The Pocket Complete

Gundam 08th MS Team Complete

Gundam Wing Complete in Collectible Artbox

Gundam SEED Complete

Mobile Suit Gundam The Movie Trilogy 1-3 Complete

Gundam Zeta I-II-III Movie Trilogy Complete

Gundam Endless Waltz Special Edition

Interested in Nadesico only. I'm pretty sure it won't be selling out (unlike Gargantia... *cough*). I'll have to see if there are more things added over the next few weeks so I can place my order when it's all said and done to get free shipping.

Vividred Operation...I just remember watching the first episode on Crunchyroll, seeing that the initial camera shot was between the legs of a girl too-young with a camel toe. I was like, yeah, I'm done. Nothing here.

Um...there are actually some deals on funimation! Some of the prices aren't updating correctly (samurai champloo's product page for example), but I'm seeing 27 bucks for the Aot Part 2 Limited Edition, 20 bucks for Samurai Champloo Blu ray, 20 for Spice Wolf Blu Ray, and idk what else. Nothing jaw dropping incredible, but good enough for me. 

Edit: Spice and Wolf Blu ray - 20.62

Samurai Champloo Blu Ray - 20.62

One Piece Z Blu Ray - 10.45

Total - 51.69 (No Tax)

Hrm...I got a few of those same things from Rightstuf last year during their sale...And they were cheaper too I believe. First day is disappointing.

Any thoughts here on Book of Bantorra? That always looked interesting to me but never heard anything about it. Best Buy's sale is tempting.

Um...there are actually some deals on funimation! Some of the prices aren't updating correctly (samurai champloo's product page for example), but I'm seeing 27 bucks for the Aot Part 2 Limited Edition, 20 bucks for Samurai Champloo Blu ray, 20 for Spice Wolf Blu Ray, and idk what else. Nothing jaw dropping incredible, but good enough for me.

Edit: Spice and Wolf Blu ray - 20.62

Samurai Champloo Blu Ray - 20.62

One Piece Z Blu Ray - 10.45

Total - 51.69 (No Tax)
Ah what the hell! I just bought One Piece Z from an Amazon seller for $16 shipped last week! :p Oh well, they've also got One Piece Film: Strong World for $13.12 and I've been waiting ages for a good deal on that. So thanks for indirectly alerting me to that. :lol:

I learned my lesson from last year. Don't wait to buy everything in one big bulk shipment. Just hold off until you see enough stuff that you want to cover the free shipping.

For the first day, the only real thing interesting me is the Martian Successor box set. "Another" is a great series at a good price, but I already got a copy earlier.

Vividred Operation...I just remember watching the first episode on Crunchyroll, seeing that the initial camera shot was between the legs of a girl too-young with a camel toe. I was like, yeah, I'm done. Nothing here.
Well it's made by the same guy who made Strike Witches, now that I know that I'll check it out.

From the Japanese Niche Games thread:

NIS Store Winter Sale is live.

http://store.nisamerica.com/holiday-sale-2014

They have some leftover Danganronpa 2 and Hyperdimension Neptunia PP limited editions, and a free Prinny ornament for orders over $40.
But for some reason, NISA forgot to list what's on sale or provide a link to them. :roll:

I found Natsume's Book of Friends S3 for $29.99, but S4 is still $55.99 for some dumb reason.

Whoa, those are great prices for Robotics;Notes Set 2 and Sekirei Season 1 (despite the likelihood of no slipcover :-({|= ). Good Luck Girl seems like a good price, as well, though I'm still hesitant about it. Any recommendations?

Whoa is right.  Those ARE mighty fine prices.  Where did THAT come from - forget about Amazon.

You know what...I have to just forget about the budget a bit and it makes me wish I didn't get so many hardware parts.  There is always prepaid cards.

If I drop the 55 dollars for the funimation sub do I get the 25 dollar store credit immediately?
it will take 1-3 business days from when they process your payment.

I have been reading that some people have had their funimation sub for a week plus before they managed to process their payment.

aka... no.

so the stuff that stuck out to me that I didn't own from the funimation sale was 

Yamada's First Time: B Gata H Kei $9.75

The Slayers Revolution Seasons Four & Five - Anime Classics $20.62

The Sacred Blacksmith The Complete Series $8.99

Sgt. Frog Season Three Part One $5.99

Sgt. Frog Season Three Part Two $5.99

Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Kings Season One $6.75

Sengoku BASARA: Samurai Kings Season Two - Limited Edition $9.75

Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt The Complete Series - Limited Edition $9.75

Kamisama Kiss The Complete Series - Goddess Edition $48.75

Fractale The Complete Series - Limited Edition $17.49

Evangelion You Can (Not) Advance. $13.12

Disgaea The Complete Series $7.49

A Certain Magical Index Part One $9.75

A Certain Magical Index Part Two $8.99

there were a few other things as well but most of those got mentioned already :p

layton and Kekkaishi interest me, but alas I only see one piece collection 9 that interests me thus I can't get to free shipping so I will likely have to pass on them as they are limited counters.

note to anyone who looks at needless... it's a huge trap to buy it. it's collection 2 only, which is going for $12-15 on amazon while collection one is going for $50 plus... which is more than the complete series is ><:
Best Buy has collection 1 of Needless for $25.

The one on BB has been backordered for like 2 months, and it doesn't seem like the status has changed for the sale, so I think they were just tagging things into the sale regardless of stock.
Ah, I see. Nevermind then.

However, if you order it, and they cancel it, they'll probably give you a $5 code. *cough*

Not to interrupt the deal talk but: omg!
http://www.khara.co.jp/2014/12/01/新世紀エヴァンゲリオン-blu-ray-box-&-新世紀エヴァンゲ/
Tldr original eva tv remastered as well as original movies

in my excitement I forgot u to post the link lol
https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/232826-anime-manga-thread-vol-2-za-warudo/?view=getnewpost

For future reference, we have the above discussion thread!! I'm trying to get more guys to actually use it.

As for the sale, I grabbed Robotic;Notes P2 and Shana S3 P1 LE & P2. I looked at the Funi sub for a while but I couldn't pull the trigger. Maybe next time, Funi.

Just a note. The FYE code ANTLERS works on new releases. Specifically, it works on Sailor Moon Set 1. And Backstage Pass members get an extra 10% off.

bread's done
Back