Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Ended up ordering what I posted earlier. I went back and forth between getting Yamada, but the reviews seemed positive, and I've been wanting to watch something funny that doesn't have too much of a plot.

Considered Sacred Blacksmith but it sounded like it was also an episodic ecchi, and not as serious as the cover suggests. Also thought about Panty and Stocking but passed since I'm not sure if I'll be into it.

Thanks. Also, any opinions on Yamada or Birdy?

Edit: I'm assuming you meant yes to Sekirei being the complete series, correct me if I'm wrong.

If you're talking about this version of Sekirei, it's only episode 1-12: http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=51621

I suppose "Complete Series" means complete "season" to Funimation. It says on the top of the page that it only includes episodes 1-12.

As for Yamada and Birdy, I highly recommend both. Yamanda was an extremely funny show, and Birdy is well worth $10.

If you're talking about this version of Sekirei, it's only episode 1-12: http://shop.funimation.com/Shop/ShopProductDetail.ss?itemid=51621

I suppose "Complete Series" means complete "season" to Funimation. It says on the top of the page that it only includes episodes 1-12.

As for Yamada and Birdy, I highly recommend both. Yamanda was an extremely funny show, and Birdy is well worth $10.
That is the same version listed in the clearance, and those who ordered it received the full series in the LE box.

The description was the same though for those who had previously purchased it, even though it doesn't list it as both.

I guess we'll just have to see since I passed on it previously for $15 during the clearance sale, but at $7.49 it's worth the risk, and that includes it not coming with a slipcover.

A CERTAIN MAGICAL INDEX - SEASON 1 PT 2 $8.99
A CERTAIN MAGICAL INDEX - SEASON 1 PT 1 $9.75
Didn't notice that these were below $10 each. I'm guessing they have come out with the complete set already, correct?

I prefer owning complete season/series sets when possible. I usually overlook "Season (X) Part (Y)" unless I already own one of them.

Just out of curiosity, is there a difference between the normal blu-ray of eden of the east and the classics one? I don't plan on buying it just curious unfortunately I just spent 13.xx on a used one a few weeks ago but I guess dems the brakes.

Also I was thinking about buying that soul eater complete collection, I've seen the show and enjoyed it, is there any reason I shouldn't?

Didn't notice that these were below $10 each. I'm guessing they have come out with the complete set already, correct?

I prefer owning complete season/series sets when possible. I usually overlook "Season (X) Part (Y)" unless I already own one of them.
These are actually on blu now, so yeah, you may want to go that route.

Considered Sacred Blacksmith but it sounded like it was also an episodic ecchi, and not as serious as the cover suggests.
If you're not an ecchi fan, I doubt you'll enjoy Sekirei then.

That is the same version listed in the clearance, and those who ordered it received the full series in the LE box.
Well, in that case I'll take a chance and order it. If it ends up being just the first season, maybe I'll be able to sell it on eBay. As for the slipcover, I'm fine if it doesn't come with one. Always felt slipcovers were a waste of space and resources anyway.

Well, in that case I'll take a chance and order it. If it ends up being just the first season, maybe I'll be able to sell it on eBay. As for the slipcover, I'm fine if it doesn't come with one. Always felt slipcovers were a waste of space and resources anyway.
This might turn out to be the one time where not having a slipcover leaves you with too much space. :whistle2:#

These are actually on blu now, so yeah, you may want to go that route.
Good, I'll do that. I knew there had to be a reason I didn't pay attention, I must have subconsciously remembered seeing them on blu.

@solidsnake: I do like ecchi, I just feel like I was already getting too many ecchi shows with this sale to justify another mediocre one. Half, if not all, of the anime I bought in the sale have some elements.

Edit: LOL Autocorrect

I had so much fun watching Sekirei that I didn't realize it was ecchi at all most of the time - I have to *try* to remember that it had a large amount of that.  I just thought of it as a harem with fanservice and a bunch of other parts that just blended together so well.

I would be really happy if HLP or Freezing was as fun to watch as Sekirei was.  HLP probably is though.

I am not feeling well so I ended up buying Spice and Wolf, Strike Witches, and the last season of Ikki Tousen blind thinking that there was no way I could have previewed them tonight.  It was still about $130 in damage...so far.

Should I buy the funimation FMA brotherhood holiday bundle? Or should I keep waiting to see if I can get it cheaper down the line?

Should I buy the funimation FMA brotherhood holiday bundle? Or should I keep waiting to see if I can get it cheaper down the line?
Is that the one priced at ~$67? I think it's a good deal. You can probably get it a little cheaper, but not by much. I was able to snag both part 1 and 2 for ~$30 each. However, I doubt you'll ever see it cheaper than that.

Sekirei takes a bit to get going, but by the of Season 1 it gets good and Season 2 is great. Both theme songs are absolutely beautiful, though.

http://youtu.be/EACEmlqI0gQ

http://youtu.be/ugMoztii-3M

Yamada is, IMO, quite hilarious, but it is very sitcom-y.

Here's a list of quantity changes from Day 1 @ Rightstuf,

Cosplay Complex/My Dear Marie DVD Double Pack (Hyb) Retail: $19.98Your Price: $6.99*(65% Off) - 30 Left

Eden's Bowy Complete Collection DVD (Hyb) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $8.99*(78% Off) - 31 Left

Eden's Bowy Complete Collection DVD (Hyb) (Thinpak) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $9.99*(75% Off) - 56 Left

Emma Season 2 Box Set Retail: $49.99Your Price: $14.99*(70% Off) - 82 Left

Hello Kitty & Friends: Holiday Fun Box DVD (D) Retail: $29.98Your Price: $9.99*(67% Off) - 64 Left

Kaleido Star: New Wings DVD Box Set (Hyb) (Thinpak) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $6.99*(88% Off) - 3 Left

Kekkaishi DVD Set 1 (Hyb) Retail: $24.98Your Price: $11.24*(55% Off) - 5 Left

Excel Saga Plush: Menchi Rug Retail: $9.99Your Price: $2.99*(70% Off) - 1 Left

Mayo Chiki! DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - 38 Left

Najica Blitz Tactics DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $12.99*(68% Off) - 0 Left

Naruto: Shippuden Movie 4 DVD: The Lost T Retail: $19.98Your Price: $8.99*(55% Off) - 71 Left

Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan DVD Set 1 (H Retail: $44.82Your Price: $20.17*(55% Off) - 80 Left

Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan DVD Set 2 (H Retail: $44.82Your Price: $20.17*(55% Off) - 80 Left

Nyan Koi! DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - 11 Left

Professor Layton Movie 1 DVD (Hyb): Profe Retail: $9.98Your Price: $4.49*(55% Off) - 4 Left

Red=Less than 20 left

The description was the same though for those who had previously purchased it, even though it doesn't list it as both.

I guess we'll just have to see since I passed on it previously for $15 during the clearance sale, but at $7.49 it's worth the risk, and that includes it not coming with a slipcover.
Being one of the ones who purchased this I want to make it clear this isn't the Limited Edition this is season 1 that with its original slip (Which it doesn't include)fits into season 2 which can be purchases from Clover media on amazon for cheap This is NOT THE COMPLETE SERIES.

Really? Who got the whole series? I know alot of us ordered part one off Funi and the part two LE from Clover Media.

Being one of the ones who purchased this I want to make it clear this isn't the Limited Edition this is season 1 that with its original slip (Which it doesn't include)fits into season 2 which can be purchases from Clover media on amazon for cheap This is NOT THE COMPLETE SERIES.
Thanks for the clarification.

I guess it was cheap enough that it's an oh well situation, so I can always sell and get my money back at the very least. :p

Again, thanks for confirming. ^__^

P.S. Clover media doesn't have anymore S2 LEs. :*(

Sorry Nyan Koi.  I have no idea if you're any good or not, but you fell victim to the timing of the Funimation sale.  You'll surely be out of stock tomorrow when I might be closer to having enough things  in my cart to place an order.

Sorry Nyan Koi. I have no idea if you're any good or not, but you fell victim to the timing of the Funimation sale. You'll surely be out of stock tomorrow when I might be closer to having enough things in my cart to place an order.
Just find something else and pull the trigger damnit! *flips table*

You guys are aware that Index and Railgun are and will be out on blu ray correct? And I can tell you right now Railgun looks good in HD. I mean if the Funi HD stream is any indcation of how good it looks I'd save for the blu rays.

I haven't opened my blu ray copies of Index yet but from what I heard they look very nice.

Thanks for clarifying! I thought this was the case. Glad I procrastinated and didn't purchase it yet. Saved me the $8. I'd rather just watch the show on Netflix and wait for the whole series to drop in price instead of having only Season 1, even with the sale.

Well, if you wanna get technical, Pure Engagement IS a separate series. :p

Finally made a purchase at FUNimation.com. Took forever since they needed t on reset my password and wouldn't send it. Got some other stuff but the main reason I made the purchase at all was that they had High School DxD New on sale. Yay!

Well pulled the trigger on Kamisama Kiss LE...I don't even know why. I watched one episode and didn't like it much. I guess I'll give it another chance...lol

$48.75 free shipping and I dodged the taxes.

Dr Deals 22 has a new copy of Sekirei season 2 LE for $15.99 with shipping. Didn't someone buy something from him when Clover Media sold out of another LE? Should I get a copy from him?

There's also another seller (Goldstar Tech) selling it for five cents less. He seems to have a better rating.

So I have $196 in my Funimation cart, I have to whittle this down.  Definitely picking up FMA Brotherhood part 5.

Trying to decide whether or not to keep Michiko and Hachin 1 and 2 or wait for the collection and Shikabane Hime.

Also have a full year gift subscription for 47.70 from last year's cart. I wonder if that'll go through.

Sorry Nyan Koi. I have no idea if you're any good or not, but you fell victim to the timing of the Funimation sale. You'll surely be out of stock tomorrow when I might be closer to having enough things in my cart to place an order.
i actually really enjoyed nyan koi for some reason... that being said it has an english version out now thus I won't touch that dirty subtitled only version :p

I picked up FMA Brotherhood Parts 1-5. I have the season sets, but I've always wanted the parts. Nice to get them at a reasonable price.

[quote name="whoknows" post="12291935" timestamp="1417489152"]How are the Evangelion movies if I've seen like 5 episodes of the series and thought it was eh?[/quote]
I would recommend finishing the series before watching the rebuilds. I think they are fantastic movies and they can be seen stand alone but they're better if you go in having seen the original series. And the series definitely picks up a lot more after episode 5

How are the Evangelion movies if I've seen like 5 episodes of the series and thought it was eh?

I would recommend finishing the series before watching the rebuilds. I think they are fantastic movies and they can be seen stand alone but they're better if you go in having seen the original series. And the series definitely picks up a lot more after episode 5
You really don't have to though if you don't want to. The 1st and 2nd movies are basically a retelling of the TV series up to near the end. It's the 3rd movie where it goes off the rails and then some. :p

I can't even say the TV series does a better job explaining the story, just it will make you care more about what happens to the characters (You can exclude Shinji from that last sentence btw :p).

via WTK for Volume 5

B30h_gHCYAAviv8.jpg

bread's done
Back