Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I rather take that money, convert all of it into pennies, then throw the pennies into a fountain and wish for the set to magically appear on my shelf.  I think I have better odds of it magically appearing in front of me than me actually spending that much money on the set.

Anyone have an extra $400 laying around? If you do, you can be a proud owner of the Fate/stay night (Unlimited Blade Works) – Import Blu-ray Disc Box I :lol:

You get:
Blu-Ray Content:

Total of six discs (5 Blu-ray discs + 1 soundtrack CD)
Thirteen episodes of Unlimited Blade Works (ENG/JP subtitles)
Trailer collection with promotional videos
TV spot collection with commercials, release announcement and more
Textless Opening and Ending themes

Bonus Inserts:

50-page “Deluxe Booklet” with staff interviews/production material (JP)
English translation booklet of the Deluxe Booklet (from official retailers)
Novel by Kinoko Nasu (illustrated by Takashi Takeuchi)

Packaging:

Box with illustration by Takashi Takeuchi
Special Digipack to hold discs

Misc. stuff:

Wall scroll by Takashi Takeuchi (from English website)

http://www.fatestaynightusa.com/bdbox/
In for 2. One for me and one to keep sealed in order to resell once it hits double that price.

In for 2. One for me and one to keep sealed in order to resell once it hits double that price.
Is this really something that will increase in value that much? The bebop sets were a guaranteed couple bucks to resellers, but based on the sales prices on ebay for the fate/zero sets the price hasn't increased at all. Im honestly curious, I have never bought/resold something so I have no idea.

Example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fate-Zero-Blu-ray-Disc-Box-II-Blu-ray-japanese-anime-/161529854545?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item259bedfa51

Is this really something that will increase in value that much? The bebop sets were a guaranteed couple bucks to resellers, but based on the sales prices on ebay for the fate/zero sets the price hasn't increased at all. Im honestly curious, I have never bought/resold something so I have no idea.

Example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fate-Zero-Blu-ray-Disc-Box-II-Blu-ray-japanese-anime-/161529854545?pt=US_DVD_HD_DVD_Blu_ray&hash=item259bedfa51
He was being sarcastic. ;P

It really makes me wonder on how many Japanese fans can afford these super expensive sets. I just like how almost every anime release here is on Amazon Japan. I always think I somewhat understand Japanese culture but being honest, I can only make assumptions and guesses based on what I've read from articles/movies. All I know is that some of their lives must literally be like work/anime with nothing else in between. 

(That's my rambling of the day lol)

It really makes me wonder on how many Japanese fans can afford these super expensive sets. I just like how almost every anime release here is on Amazon Japan. I always think I somewhat understand Japanese culture but being honest, I can only make assumptions and guesses based on what I've read from articles/movies. All I know is that some of their lives must literally be like work/anime with nothing else in between.

(That's my rambling of the day lol)
An example is dv8, who doesn't even purchase Japanese anime sets for himself, and mainly just imports the US releases from the US, lol.

Not a full answer, but that should give you an idea how ridiculous it is even for people living in Japan. :p

PonyCan is following the Aniplex model of pricing (aka as the Japanese pricing). The first volume of Denki-Gai will cost $71.98 and comes with a lot of extras and great packaging.

http://umanohone.us/bd.html

58c8LxW.png

Too bad it's Aniplex pricing, and also Aniplex style.

4 episodes for that price?  Complete and utter joke.

Good luck selling that at that price.Haven't watched the show,but it seems like your dime a dozen slice of life shows. Gonna need to get big name titles if you want to be the next AoA.

I weep tears of sadness for denki gai. ;__; cause i can never own it now.

Why cant we get standard editions.

Good luck selling that at that price.Haven't watched the show,but it seems the your dime a dozen slice of life shows. Gonna need to get big name titles if you want to be the next AoA.

Just snagged Overman King Gainer anime legends box set for 60 and the Betterman complete collection for 30 using the 40% code on FYE. They had a few decent things. I also grabbed a second copy of this usly yet beautiful world for 4, edens bowy for 5, and something else I can't remember for 3.

An example is dv8, who doesn't even purchase Japanese anime sets for himself, and mainly just imports the US releases from the US, lol.

Not a full answer, but that should give you an idea how ridiculous it is even for people living in Japan. :p
Yup. Isn't that the guy from here who will order stuff from Japan for you if you give him the $$$? I've heard stories from people on how a lot anime is sold in Japan. I think Manaknight told me that most anime fans in Japan rely on rentals but with it being 2015, I'm pretty sure most of them just pirate everything now. Then you got the hardcore fans who try to support the creators or will just strictly buy merch from the show but (probably) not buy the actual show itself.

Too bad it's Aniplex pricing, and also Aniplex style.

4 episodes for that price? Complete and utter joke.
I think we all saw this coming from a mile away. Aniplex USA has produced a lot of hit titles in the past couple of years which had made a lot of people bite the bullet. But I can only guess that more and better anime will be coming from Pony Can soon. Which just means when they get something I like I'll just import it from the UK, lol.

It would be interesting to know the actual sales figures of anime DVD/Bluray releases in Japan. For comparison, does Adventure Time move more units in the U.S. than a show like Attack on Titan in Japan? More interesting would be, to see how much greater, or lower, profits would be if they were sold at more affordable prices. Based on first hand knowledge, DVD/Bluray authoring on a large scale is comparatively cheap for a company, especially when compared to other retail goods like figures, models, etc. Significant profits are made in this industry, and that's taking into account licensing fees, and what have you. 

Interestingly enough, I remember Carl Macek saying that Streamline sold more anime on VHS (per volume) when the prices were marked higher. Though, I'd assume there are many factors to take into consideration, were those higher priced titles more in-demand at that time then, say, the ones that came out later on at reduced prices? 

Another show I tried to watch and couldn't get into was Full Metal Alchemist.

The animation is good and the dub is too but I quit after episode 8 or 9 (I can't recall).

I've been meaning on giving it another go as I prefer anime that are lengthy.

Is it a show that picks up more steam as it goes along, or if I didn't get into it by episode 9 was that the extent of it?

Side note - I never checked out FMA: Brotherhood, as I wanted to watch FMA first.

The animation is good and the dub is too but I quit after episode 8 or 9 (I can't recall).

I've been meaning on giving it another go as I prefer anime that are lengthy.

Is it a show that picks up more steam as it goes along, or if I didn't get into it by episode 9 was that the extent of it?

Side note - I never checked out FMA: Brotherhood, as I wanted to watch FMA first.
Personally I would check out Brotherhood if you decide to give the franchise a second chance. The main draw to the original is the more detailed origin story which you have seen already. I believe the story does pick up in the original though it has been awhile. Most agree Brotherhood did a much better job overall even ignoring the whole "more true to the manga" stuff.

On another note, it looks like Golden Time Part 2 has dropped to $34.49. Not sure where these prices are coming from though it matches their price for those other titles mentioned earlier~

Patlabor: The New Files

Cowboy Bebop

Engaged to the Unidentified

Amagami SS+

Not amazing but its only about $5 more than studio sale + discount on RS for me because of tax. I picked up Amagami since I didn't reserve it last studio sale and no idea when the next Sentai sale will be.

Try and stick to old FMA. The show despite it being mostly original, still has it's high points and the soundtrack is really good. The music was probably the one thing that Brotherhood couldn't top. I also enjoy the old FMA movie because the strange yet interesting direction it took.
Nazi Hughes.

It would still be $40-50 for four episodes.
If an anime was like 12 episodes and I liked it, I would consider it. I originally was going to buy all of the Durarara DVDs from Aniplex since they had 8-9 episodes a set and then I started buying more Blu Rays and wanted an HD version.

Yeah sorry, my tongue was planted pretty firmly in my cheek yesterday. Heck, there's a higher chance of my buying it and sneaking it onto Square's shelf than there is of my buying any copies for myself.

Thanks for the replies guys. I had first saw FMA on Adult Swim years back but never caught it then, but tried just a while ago on Netflix.

Ahhhh Adult Swim. Toonami. Good times indeed.

I may give it another go as I'm looking for shows to watch when I'm done with Nura and Trigun.

Another show I want to re-watch is Inuyasha. Me and my wife watched most of it on Adult Swim but then I come to find out that they never truly showed the entire series, as I had missed the final season (26 episodes?) and Final Act movie.

Personally I would check out Brotherhood if you decide to give the franchise a second chance. The main draw to the original is the more detailed origin story which you have seen already. I believe the story does pick up in the original though it has been awhile. Most agree Brotherhood did a much better job overall even ignoring the whole "more true to the manga" stuff.

On another note, it looks like Golden Time Part 2 has dropped to $34.49. Not sure where these prices are coming from though it matches their price for those other titles mentioned earlier~

Patlabor: The New Files

Cowboy Bebop

Engaged to the Unidentified

Amagami SS+

Not amazing but its only about $5 more than studio sale + discount on RS for me because of tax. I picked up Amagami since I didn't reserve it last studio sale and no idea when the next Sentai sale will be.
engaged to the unidentified is very underrated. i enjoyed it alot

I fifth enjoying Engaged to the Unidentified. The description is misleading because there is an interesting plot twist.

And speaking of GuP. I too enjoy show, that is why I have these.

100_8538_zps18fa348d.jpg

100_8540_zpsb0e5b436.jpg

That is so cool. May I ask where you obtained those steelbooks? They look really high quality compared to the recent BestBuy fiasco and stuff they've been putting out as of late. Really cool

Looks like they are really limited and rare. Past listing on eBay went for 100. Found a similar sent on Amazon.jp for around 40 USD. May bite if this series becomes a fandom for me. 

^^^

I ordered them from Amazon.jp back in the day. They were about $35 for both at the time. And thank you.

My fry's order came in saturday, I had gotten Tokyo Magnitude, and Towano Quon.  I can't wait to watch TM, and TQ was an extra eh why not purchase.

I'm surprised you guys are receiving your Fry's orders. I placed 2 orders and they are still backordered. One on 12/12, and the other on 1/2. Every single item says backordered, including Girls Und Panzer. Anyone else having the same luck as me?

I'm surprised you guys are receiving your Fry's orders. I placed 2 orders and they are still backordered. One on 12/12, and the other on 1/2. Every single item says backordered, including Girls Und Panzer. Anyone else having the same luck as me?
No I just went in store and grabbed what I wanted which was Girls und Panzer,Fate Kaleid,and I had gotten You're under arrest but returned them so that I could get DxD NEW LE :)

Another show I want to re-watch is Inuyasha. Me and my wife watched most of it on Adult Swim but then I come to find out that they never truly showed the entire series, as I had missed the final season (26 episodes?) and Final Act movie.
InuYasha starts out really well, but Rumiko's insistence on having the manga go at least 500 chapters drags it down.

Final Act is the 26-episode series you were talking about. It was made a few years later once the manga ended.

I will say that InuYasha does have some good openings and endings.

InuYasha starts out really well, but Rumiko's insistence on having the manga go at least 500 chapters drags it down.

Final Act is the 26-episode series you were talking about. It was made a few years later once the manga ended.

I will say that InuYasha does have some good openings and endings.
The show got so monotonous. It got to the point where Naraku basically became your Saturday morning cartoon villain. The story in general was really just made up of cliches,with Rumiko's humor thrown once in awhile.

I know it's frustrating ordering from them. When I order Toyko Magnitude couple months ago for delivery, it was available the time of purchase. Then it became backordered. It took few weeks to received it. It has happened with my other orders before. Also if I order for pick up in store, sometime they'll email me that it's out of stock or they actually call me to let me know they can't find it. My location is very disorganize, Either way I don't like to order from them. Better I just go see for myself.

I fifth enjoying Engaged to the Unidentified. The description is misleading because there is an interesting plot twist.

And speaking of GuP. I too enjoy show, that is why I have these.

100_8538_zps18fa348d.jpg

100_8540_zpsb0e5b436.jpg
Holy shit, I didn't know these existed. I'm going to have to hunt these down.

There's been some recent price drops at Fry's, and some titles people might want to pick up, so here's a new list of everything notable under $25, including the recent price drops,

Note: These do not include items currently on sale, and all prices listed below are regular online/in-store prices.

DVDs

This Boy Can Fight Aliens! WSE DD2 $2.99

Patlabor - The Mobile Police: The TV Series, Collection 3 [2 Discs] $5.99

Hiiro no Kakera: Season 2 [3 Discs] $7.99

Di Gi Charat: Winter Garden $7.99

Shigofumi: Complete Collection [2 Discs] $7.99

Taisho Baseball Girls: Complete Collection [2 Discs] $7.99

Ray: The Complete Collection [2 Discs] $8.99

Glass Maiden: Complete Collection [2 Discs] $8.99

ICE: Complete Collection $8.99

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0: Complete Collection [3 Discs] $9.99

Maria Holic: Alive - Complete Collection [2 Discs] $10.99

Psychic Squad: Collection 1 [2 Discs] $11.99

Psychic Squad: Collection 2 [2 Discs] $11.99

Psychic Squad: Collection 3 [2 Discs] $11.99

Psychic Squad: Collection 4 [2 Discs] $11.99

Uta-kata: Collection 1 [2 Discs] $11.99

Idolmaster Xenoglossia: Collection 1 [3 Discs] $11.99

Akikan!: The Complete Collection [2 Discs] $12.99

Blue Drop: The Complete Collection [2 Discs] $12.99

Idolmaster Xenoglossia: Collection 2 [3 Discs]$12.99

Kurenai: Complete Collection [3 Discs] $12.99

The World God Only Knows: Season Two [2 Discs] $12.99

Mashiroiro Symphony: The Color of Lovers - The Complete Collection [2 Discs] $13.99

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou: Collection 2 [3 Discs] $13.99

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere: Complete First Season [3 Discs] $15.99

Un-Go: Complete Collection [3 Discs] $15.99

Blu-rays

This Boy Can Fight Aliens! [Blu-ray] COLOR/WSE DHMA $4.99

Hiiro no Kakera: Season 2 [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] $8.99

Lady Death [Blu-ray] WSE DHMA $8.99

Time Bokan: Royal Revival [Blu-ray] $8.99

Towano Quon: Complete Collection [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] $9.99

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0: Complete Collection [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] $11.99

Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works [Blu-ray] WSE DHMA $11.99

Rurouni Kenshin: New Kyoto Arc [Blu-ray] $11.99

K-On!: The Movie [Blu-ray] WSE DHMA $12.99

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky [Blu-ray] $13.99

Patlabor - The Mobile Police: The TV Series, Collection 3 [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] $13.99

Hakuoki: Season 3 [4 Discs] [Blu-ray] $13.99

Penguindrum: Collection 1 [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] $14.99

Canaan: Complete Collection [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] $14.99

AKB0048: Season One Complete Collection [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] $14.99

Mardock Scramble: The Third Exhaust [Blu-ray] $15.99

Hidamari Sketch x 365: Season Two [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] $16.99

Uta no Prince Sama: Season 1 [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] $17.99

Intrigue in the Bakumatsu - Irohanihoheto: Collection 1 [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] $17.99

Taisho Baseball Girls [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] $17.99

K-On!: Season 2 - Collection 1 [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] $17.99

K-On!: Season 2 - Collection 2 [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] $17.99

Cuticle Detective Inaba: Complete Collection [Blu-ray] $17.99

Hidamari Sketch: Season 1 [Blu-ray] $17.99

Heaven's Memo Pad: Complete Collection [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] $18.99

Medaka Box Abnormal [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] $19.99

Uta no Prince Sama 2: Complete Collection [Blu-ray] $19.99

Un-Go: Complete Collection [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] $20.99

The World God Only Knows: Season Two [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] $21.99

Xam'd: Lost Memories - Complete Collection [3 Discs] [Blu-ray] $21.99

Ebiten: Complete Collection [2 Discs] [Blu-ray] $23.99

This is the Japanese release for Import and will be released on 3/11/15.

duKAeZ7.jpg

Bonus Content (for both editions):

■Original Theatrical Version
■Trailers
■Commercials
■Audio Commentary
Collector's Edition includes:

■Original Soundtrack CD (Including the theme song "Fate is in Our Hands")
■Exclusive Box Art by Keisuke Watabe (Character Designer/Animation Director)
■Newly Illustrated Cover Art
■ 48-page Deluxe Booklet*
■10 Super P3 Stickers
■3 Key Art Illustration Cards
Collectors Edition: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/V6YaBYbWQ5zgUjZ=Fw/browse/item/104580/4/0/0

Standard Edition: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/V6YaBYbWQ5zgUjZ=Fw/browse/item/104581/4/0/0

DId anyone actually receive their copy of Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero: Complete Series (Blu Ray/DVD Combo) from the 3rd party seller on Amazon when it was sold for $4.39 + $3.99 shipping? This was on 12/13. Just wondering because I still have not received my copy. I already contacted the seller and they did offer me a refund. Curious if this happened to anyone else though.

bread's done
Back