Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally go my rightstuff order of Rideback combo since it was backordered.

Pissed because there is a dumb sticker right on the front of the slipcover, so I tried to get it off and it completely ripped the slipcover art off the cover, now it looks like crap.

I was wondering if this is really the standard case for the blu-ray of Ninja Scroll?

IMG_20150112_174601_173.jpg

This is what I ended getting.
Mine is the eco single disc case.

Is it at least a standard 2-disc case, with the silver blu-ray symbol, or is it a cheaply made one?

DId anyone actually receive their copy of Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero: Complete Series (Blu Ray/DVD Combo) from the 3rd party seller on Amazon when it was sold for $4.39 + $3.99 shipping? This was on 12/13. Just wondering because I still have not received my copy. I already contacted the seller and they did offer me a refund. Curious if this happened to anyone else though.
I had the same issue, and it turned out they marked mine shipped even thought they never had it to begin with, and instead of cancelling the order they marked it shipped. I basically told them off, especially since they kept sending me those crappy emails about how they were having a hard time during the holidays, and to leave them feedback once I got my item, so that got me even more irritated to contact them, and then leaving feedback because they were not fulfilling their end as a seller.

Pissed because there is a dumb sticker right on the front of the slipcover, so I tried to get it off and it completely ripped the slipcover art off the cover, now it looks like crap.
You need to finesse those stickers off the slipcovers, otherwise you will end up paying for it, as you have already learned. :*(

Would you kindly post a pic of the cover art I'd like to see the torn art.

DId anyone actually receive their copy of Aesthetica of a Rogue Hero: Complete Series (Blu Ray/DVD Combo) from the 3rd party seller on Amazon when it was sold for $4.39 + $3.99 shipping? This was on 12/13. Just wondering because I still have not received my copy. I already contacted the seller and they did offer me a refund. Curious if this happened to anyone else though.
I ordered it on the 14th and got it on the 19th.

Yes I received mine a 5-6days after placing order and it arrived with slip cover and some stickers but I peeled them off VERY SLOWLY which seems to do the trick for me.Sorry ppl I don't know how to quote 2 ppl at the same time since I'm on mobile.

I got mine pretty quick. Like in 3-4 days.

Received mine without a problem.

The seller had some stock issues, and oversold unfortunately, so some of the people who ordered them they didn't have anymore in stock, which is why it never went out to the people who ordered it later.

I fifth enjoying Engaged to the Unidentified. The description is misleading because there is an interesting plot twist.

And speaking of GuP. I too enjoy show, that is why I have these.
i almost skipped engaged to the unidentified, because i thought it was some yuri stuff form the some of the pic. i wouldn't mind if there is a season 2

Best way to remove stickers is to get some Goo Gone from Walmart or a department store. It is sold in the cleaning aisle usually, do not get it from Home Improvement as that is Goo Gone Extreme and will ruin the slipcover.
All you do is dip a q-tip in the Goo Gone, rub it on the sticker and let it sit for a minute. Slowly remove the sticker and then use some more to remove any remaining residue. Other ways are to use a blow dryer set on the low setting which was good for the stupid stickers that Funi put on the back of the slipboxes back in the day. Or some people also use lighter fluid instead of Goo Gone.

The seller had some stock issues, and oversold unfortunately, so some of the people who ordered them they didn't have anymore in stock, which is why it never went out to the people who ordered it later.
Ah ok. I kinda figured it was BS to begin with since that price was so low.. but I guess what you posted above happened. Oh well. At least some of you guys actually got it.

Why not just use a hair dryer?
Because that always doesn't work. And the main purpose for the hair dryer is the help loosen the adhesive on the backing of the sticker. You still have to remove the remaining sticker residue. I have been using the Goo Gone method since 09 so it works. There are only a few slips that you can't use it on and none of the anime ones fall into this category.

Good deals are good. One Piece sets 1-3 for 35 bucks on ebay. Nevermind that I sold something earlier for 20 bucks so 15 bucks. Awesome. Hope to get into this series and collect them all the way up to collection 10. 

InuYasha starts out really well, but Rumiko's insistence on having the manga go at least 500 chapters drags it down.

Final Act is the 26-episode series you were talking about. It was made a few years later once the manga ended.

I will say that InuYasha does have some good openings and endings.
If Google is correct, which I'm guessing the Internet doesn't lie (yeah), they are supposed to be bringing back Inuyasha.

I enjoyed what I watched of it. I thought the filler was better then most anime as well.

Something I might get bashed for - I've watched anime for years now, mostly more main stream I guess you would say, but I don't collect or read Manga.

Good deals are good. One Piece sets 1-3 for 35 bucks on ebay. Nevermind that I sold something earlier for 20 bucks so 15 bucks. Awesome. Hope to get into this series and collect them all the way up to collection 10.
I enjoy One Piece and I just started watching it about 8 months ago. I am up to around episode 260 of the English dubbed series.

Some of the characters are not to my liking (especially the villains) but the show really grew on me.

I enjoy One Piece and I just started watching it about 8 months ago. I am up to around episode 260 of the English dubbed series.

Some of the characters are not to my liking (especially the villains) but the show really grew on me.
Going in with an open mind. Can't be that bad, right? Premise sounds awesome and for the price I got it at it can't be beat.

Yes I did but I paid more than you. From different seller around $12 after shipping

Sounds like quite the deal all of you got. Hope another big deal comes out like this. Not sure how these Amazon storefronts are able to sell this for so cheap. Bless Clover Media and some of his steals. 

I didn't get mine either, got offered a refund. Good to know I'm not the only one, I guess.

Going in with an open mind. Can't be that bad, right? Premise sounds awesome and for the price I got it at it can't be beat.
That's the way I went, with an open mind.

I enjoy longer ongoing anime, and with English dubbed series being with it is in that department read:short, I finally gave this series a go. From what I've read there are no plans to end it anytime soon and the Manga series is way up there, I believe past issue 500 or so (pardon if I'm way off as I don't keep up with printed anime much).

It may not be the way it was for me to you but it didn't peak my interest until around episode 15 or so. The first major arc had me hooked.

I hope you like it. I put it in the category of an acquired taste anime. Not that it is way over the top etc but it's not like most ongoing series well to me at least. :)

Anyone here had problems getting into Karneval?I'm 2 episodes in and the premise seems bland the only thing that keeps me going is the art.Will this pickup at later episodes?

Hope you enjoy it. I freaking love One Piece. It starts a little slow, but really picks up around episode 30 something.

So my backordered Slayers season 1-3 from the Rightstuf holiday sale finally arrived yesterday. Yay! Only had to wait almost a month...

Two Things

1) Anime buying is gonna have to go on hold since I did just buy the New Nintendo 3DS Majora's Mask Edition so have to save until February and then get billed 

2) Not a big manga reader but Berserk is great and so is All You Need is Kill which I just bought. That about rounds it out. For me manga is cool but a little pricey for only a little reading. Nevermind that I always want things physical so e-readers and all that don't appeal to me 

Never got into manga or figures myself though I have a few cheap chinese figures lol. Anime is expensive enough :<
I only do figures when I take my trips to Japan. Sooooooo much cheaper there, so I usually just come back with bins of anime figures for me and everyone else I buy for, lol. I literally bring an extra suitcase that is just for bringing anime figures back with me. ;P

Hope you dont get preowned figures...*cough* hotglue *cough*
I think the creepiest anime figure store I went to that was just off of the Denden strip was a store that only carried anime girl figures where they had taken off all of the skirts, and anything clothes related that could be detached from the figures, and these were figures that weren't meant to have anything removed from the figures. I had an eerie feelingwalking through the aisles, so I left after a few minutes later after being stared at by the shady ass store clerk at the counter the entire time. *shivers*

No matter how much I scrub I can't get that feeling off of me...~_~

I only do figures when I take my trips to Japan. Sooooooo much cheaper there, so I usually just come back with bins of anime figures for me and everyone else I buy for, lol. I literally bring an extra suitcase that is just for bring anime figures back with me. ;P
Sounds like a fun trip. I've always wanted to go to the Persona cafe and see the Gundam figure that's ginormous. I don't have many figurines. I did buy some of the mini DBZ figures online for my favorite characters. I think they are the Banpresto ones. Pretty cool but got burned on eBay when it came with visible glue and the name at the bottom was etched out which is why I don't do eBay sellers for imports. Expensive shipping and eventual crap product. But after going on nippon yassan I might get some stuff on there. Amiibos are my new addiction too

I only do figures when I take my trips to Japan. Sooooooo much cheaper there, so I usually just come back with bins of anime figures for me and everyone else I buy for, lol. I literally bring an extra suitcase that is just for bring anime figures back with me. ;P
How much of a difference is there?

bread's done
Back