Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
So, since the naruto anime is (hopefully) ending relatively soon, does anyone expect a dbz type rerelease of the show in blu ray? Just curious

So, since the naruto anime is (hopefully) ending relatively soon, does anyone expect a dbz type rerelease of the show in blu ray? Just curious
Hard to say. Viz doesn't tend to do as much blu-ray stuff as Funi does. I reckon it would also depend on how well the show's extant DVD sets are selling, and if hey even have the license to do it on blu-ray.

what i meant what there is not  going to be much of any plot , just like maken-ki. basically full on ecchi, since every monster girl is trying to mate with the mc

what i meant what there is not going to be much of any plot , just like maken-ki. basically full on ecchi, since every monster girl is trying to mate with the mc
Other the main love interest,it's more or less for his affection. It really pokes fun a lot at how stupid the genre is in general(hell it makes fun of the otaku audience reading it).

anyone that was sad about the original sankarea censored version should watch this

and then explain to me if funimation are making fun of you or themselves... or both, because I can't tell lol.
EL OH EL. That was great.

what i meant what there is not going to be much of any plot , just like maken-ki. basically full on ecchi, since every monster girl is trying to mate with the mc
Lol but Maken-Ki is such an odd choice to compare it too. They barely have anything in common besides ecchi, which you could extend to any show.

It would probably be a long time before the series gets released on Blu-ray. It would take an entirely separate license agreement and who knows if they consider the show popular enough for said re-release.

Additionally, Viz doesn't re-release stuff very often. Naruto and InuYasha are the only series I can think of that have gotten re-releases and I believe only the InuYasha movies were re-released onto Blu-ray (which actually looked worse than the DVD).

Thats the biggest crime right there lol. They are milking the shit out of an already milked ending
The filler that they're in the midst of right now is quite terrible. I realize the franchise is a cash cow, and they'd like to keep it on the air as long as possible, but good lord, at least try write a good, meaningful story if you're going to randomly inject filler flashbacks.

Naruto is garbage. Believe it.
Shit, I had no idea...thanks for going out of your way to post your detailed expert opinion on the subject.

Another recomend Tiger & Bunny? I hadn't even heard of it until a couple days ago.

Boogiepop Phantom was one of those anime that was so completely different from whatever else was out there at the time, but nowadays it's just bleh. Then again, I was never a big fan of it to begin with. If you want mind-screw, you're better off with Lain.

[quote name="DNukem170" post="12566752" timestamp="1426300974"]Boogiepop Phantom was one of those anime that was so completely different from whatever else was out there at the time, but nowadays it's just bleh. Then again, I was never a big fan of it to begin with. If you want mind-screw, you're better off with Lain.[/quote]
Alright. Do you have any suggestions on some shows? Because im trying to buy something at secondspin with the $10 off $40 but i cant find anything to pair up with gungrave.

I'm not shocked that Studio Pierrot is still prolonging Naruto with fillers and flashbacks the viewers have probably seen dozens of times now. I never regretted dropping it and selling all my DVDs. *sign* 

In random news, I got the Space Dandy LE earlier this week from hastings in shockingly perfect condition. I guess USPS might have learned to properly handle bubble mailers, but I probably just jinxed myself for next time.

Alright. Do you have any suggestions on some shows? Because im trying to buy something at secondspin with the $10 off $40 but i cant find anything to pair up with gungrave.
Well, if you don't have Legend of Korra yet get that. If you do, then maybe one of the Full Metal Panic sets? Sekirei Season 2 is on clearence at $17.50, but I don't know if it will work with the promo. You could also get Soul Eater Meister Collection (with the first half of the series) for $11.97. Samurai Champloo is slightly expensive at $22.97, but it's a damn good show. Gunslinger Girl Season 2 is $15. Eden of the East is $20. And there's always the S.A.V.E. sets.

anyone that was sad about the original sankarea censored version should watch this

and then explain to me if funimation are making fun of you or themselves... or both, because I can't tell lol.
Lol, pretty funny. The narrator's voice reminds me of the narrator for that fake trailer of "Thanksgiving" that played between movies of Grindhouse.

[quote name="DNukem170" post="12566806" timestamp="1426303235"]Well, if you don't have Legend of Korra yet get that. If you do, then maybe one of the Full Metal Panic sets? Sekirei Season 2 is on clearence at $17.50, but I don't know if it will work with the promo. You could also get Soul Eater Meister Collection (with the first half of the series) for $11.97. Samurai Champloo is slightly expensive at $22.97, but it's a damn good show. Gunslinger Girl Season 2 is $15. Eden of the East is $20. And there's always the S.A.V.E. sets.[/quote]
Thanks for all of the suggestions! I ended up getting gungrave along with gundam 00 season 1, part 1+3

So I noticed that Rightstuf's email had a Persona 3 anime movie. Has anyone seen it or have any thoughts?
It's probably actually the 2nd movie in the series, which is supposed to have 3 total. So far I've only watched the 1st one, but it was really well done. They are subbed only and Aniplex imports which does make them pricey. It looks like the 1st movie is no longer offered through Righstuf so you'll probably have a harder time tracking it down. The collector's edition of the 1st one was pretty killer though. The soundtrack that it comes with it outstanding.

I definitely would recommend checking it out though. It doesn't bring anything new to the story from the game, but that's not a bad thing.

For the Persona 3 movies you'd be better off waiting for the inevitable domestic versions. Still would have crap Aniplex prices for just a few movies, but still cheaper than these sub-only releases. Aniplex did this same cash grab with the Madoka imports.

I know of wonder if Aniplex USA will actually dub the movies once they are all released. I wish Sentai would get involved but after the whole dub only thing with the P4 Animation I doubt it will ever be released for a reasonable price.

Unless it's in the UK -- which the P4 Animation blu's were in 3 parts with both audio tracks

Ordered two of the $3.14 $10 blind boxes from RS for $10.77 shipped. For those interested, the deal is still good until midnight tonight: http://www.rightstuf.com/cgi-bin/catalogmgr/HL8Dce9uKhNyu9YaLR/browse/item/88428/4/0/0
Thanks for the reminder, I picked three up. Hopefully this does well enough that they run similar sales in the future.

As for the $25 one the problem with them is that if I'm already spending $25, I'd rather spend another $10-20 and get a series I'd want.

Is this any good? I recall it being panned at ANN while it was airing, but there's quite a few positive reviews on that page.
I wouldn't put a lot stock in Amazon customer reviews at all. The show itself just comes off as a more schlock fanservice version of The Devil is a Part-Timer.

Is this any good? I recall it being panned at ANN while it was airing, but there's quite a few positive reviews on that page.

I wouldn't put a lot stock in Amazon customer reviews at all. The show itself just comes off as a more schlock fanservice version of The Devil is a Part-Timer.
yeah, it is basically similar to devil a part timer, with role switching. the hero is a guy instead of a girl, and the demon lord is a female, and slight harem

It looks like Funi is releasing a CE for Soul Eater coming out June 30th. Soul Eater NOT will also release this day.
Recently, our team realized that we needed an excuse to try and make people buy this series again. Then we realized that although we've had 4 set DVD releases, 2 set DVD and BD releases, and single set DVD and BD releases, we haven't tried shoving a couple of extras into a set that we attached a "premium" label to. As you are probably guessing at this very moment ... we've decided to change that.

Though I am glad that you posted this, because I didn't know that Soul Eater Not even had an anime adaptation, let alone that Funimation was releasing one. So thank you, and please don't think my snarkiness about the announcement was aimed at you. :D

Recently, our team realized that we needed an excuse to try and make people buy this series again. Then we realized that although we've had 4 set DVD releases, 2 set DVD and BD releases, and single set DVD and BD releases, we haven't tried shoving a couple of extras into a set that we attached a "premium" label to. As you are probably guessing at this very moment ... we've decided to change that.

Though I am glad that you posted this, because I didn't know that Soul Eater Not even had an anime adaptation, let alone that Funimation was releasing one. So thank you, and please don't think my snarkiness about the announcement was aimed at you. :D
I have a feeling this will happen more often... it's a logical progression.

Initial release - big fans pay big money for series

classic release - fans who are cheaper buy now that it's a lower price.

save release - cheap release for people to impulse buy.

SUPER MEGA LIMITED EDITION - after 3-5 years the people from the initial release likely haven't watched the series in a while.... lets see if we can get them to waste more money due to them being big fans and willing to pay back then to buy what they own but in a nicer box.

bread's done
Back