Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^

So come to find out...they are releasing Rail Wars! Get this...on DVD!

I mean common. That show deserves to be on Blu ray. Bunch of crap...haha stupid poor man's format.

^^^

So come to find out...they are releasing Rail Wars! Get this...on DVD!

I mean common. That show deserves to be on Blu ray. Bunch of crap...haha stupid poor man's format.
The Japanese license holder is the reason it's dvd only right now apparently. The show looks like shit visually anyway(along with being schlock) so blu-ray ain't going to fix that.

The Japanese license holder is the reason it's dvd only right now apparently. The show looks like shit visually anyway(along with being schlock) so blu-ray ain't going to fix that.
What? The show doesn't look that bad. It isn't any worse the say Unbreakable Machine Doll. And yes the BD would be much better then the DVD. I enjoyed that show, then again I enjoy locomotives so that probably helps. Well I guess it'll never get a BD release here.

DVDs for all! Bwaahahah!

Seriously though, not sure if this was previously mentioned, but Funimation announced Speed Racer is coming to blu-ray in the USA. Both original Japanese & English versions are supposedly going to be included. Hoping they use the same transfers I've been seeing in the Tatsunoko blu-ray ads. Looks impressive. 

woah woah. Unbreakable Machine Doll was pretty enjoyable imo.
I don't argue against that at all. I really enjoyed that show, in fact I really hope we see a Season 2 in the future. I just felt that the picture quality was lower. Seemed like a upscale almost. Either that or just the animation was softer. Really like that show though.

Time to throw it up on ebay for $25 and see how quickly I can get rid of it. I'm a patient person...I can wait for the blu-ray to come out. Think I need to sell my Maid-Sama DVDs too. Both unopened haha.

I'd hesitate on that unless you want Blu-rays just for being Blu-rays. The InuYasha movie collection Blu-rays are far worse than the DVDS and the Sailor Moon Blu-rays aren't of the best quality either.

But there's Chaika!
7UyjsKD.gif
What is that from?

I'm kinda scared to hear the dub of all the Chaikas (but more so of best white Chaika). Will Sentai use yellow subs in this release too? Lol.

Indeed. I think 70% of my Sentai stuff is still sealed. What a waste lol.
I don't understand the issue with yellow subs,that and the same people never complain about it when it comes to Nozomi releases which all have it.

I don't understand the issue with yellow subs,that and the same people never complain about it when it comes to Nozomi releases which all have it.
I dont care for yellow subs because they can be distracting at times but I dont like Sentai's yellow subs because they can be downright ugly at times (looow reeez). Sentai's subs in general are a hit and miss. Their subs for To Love-Ru Darkness are lazying with their ugly low rez yellow and spelling/grammar mistakes.

So i contacted Funimation earlier this week about the order i put in a few weeks ago and how i was charged, only recived half the order and the status checker only saying that it was shipped. They finally responed saying that they were very backed up and that the second half was still pending. They also send me a code for a 5$ credit to their site.

Hopefully this put some ppls worries to rest.

Yellow subs don't generally bother me now, but I distinctly remember going to see Metropolis at a theater in 2000-something, and the subtitles bothering me, because they were yellow, and I believe they weren't terribly high res.

I change the colors on my TV to turn all of the yellow subtitles white.  It makes things like DBZ look weird whenever they go Super Saiyan, but it's worth it to not have to read things in yellow.

Yes, I know the DBZ subtitles aren't yellow, but the joke required something immediately recognizable ;)

Discotek Adds Hana Yori Dango, 07-Ghost, Beelzebub, Kyousougiga, Getter Robo: Armageddon, Z/X Ignition, Karate Master. 

Space Adventure Cobra - The Movie and The Venus Wars anime film also coming to Blu-ray Disc

Lupin III vs. Detective Conan special and movie are slated for October 23, and Arpeggio of Blue Steel is slated for October 27. Night on the Galactic Railroad and Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas are slated for November, while Library War is slated for November 4. Discotek is aiming to release the Yowamushi Pedal series in December, followed by Wicked City in January.

^^^

You forgot the link which is the most important piece of information. ;)

Also which ones are going to be on blu ray and which ones are DVD only.

Sadly only some of them will be on BD. I really hope that they are able to get Wicked City.

Per Discotek FB page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Disco...47168055312297

Sadly this is one of them that I still wish we would get a BD release. I guess the HD netflix is will have to do for now.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel complete TV series DVD collection
October 27th 2015

I wonder if the Samurai Pizza Cats will be a BD-R or an actually pressing.

11887926_1150138825015210_5094965314562642138_n.jpg

Discotek has said that Blu-rays are still far too expensive for a company of that size to mass produce, so only stuff they know will sell or get crowdfunded get Blu-ray release. Given that more people work on any random Nostalgia Critic episode than are employed at Discotek, it is understandable.

Discotek has said that Blu-rays are still far too expensive for a company of that size to mass produce, so only stuff they know will sell or get crowdfunded get Blu-ray release. Given that more people work on any random Nostalgia Critic episode than are employed at Discotek, it is understandable.
Along with a lot of the stuff they do pick up not even having a blu-ray release in Japan(Wicked City for example). It understandable for them,since a lot of these shows are extremely niche and would cost way too much for them to do a blu-ray release,and not sell a lot.

Oh. Was that any good? It's like 20 years old now.
The content is still good, but super shoujo-ey compared to the live action, so just be warned since it is 51 episodes long.

There are some minor plot differences too as far as character motivations goes, and there's some characters that aren't in the live action that are in the anime, and play important roles in the anime, but not in the live action.

Well, I broke down and imported the Steins;Gate limited edition movie. Expect Funimation to announce a release date in a week or two once I open it.

Still awaiting my DBZ movie order from August 4th. Funimation stated they were back ordered but it would be shipped within 10 days (so we're now going on a month next week since the order was placed. Anyone have issues with back ordered items? Promo is over but I've still got a valid order number.

Still awaiting my DBZ movie order from August 4th. Funimation stated they were back ordered but it would be shipped within 10 days (so we're now going on a month next week since the order was placed. Anyone have issues with back ordered items? Promo is over but I've still got a valid order number.
Funimation has been kind of known for back-orders. Their CS has always seemed understaffed and they are probably at the mercy of their distributor(s) too for getting new copies of Blus/DVDs. Either way, you can always send them an e-mail but if your order shows the promo I'm sure you're fine.

bread's done
Back