Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I was wondering. How does ordering from amazon japan work? I want to buy the Love Live movie with the box asap... But im not really sure how to calculate how much it will cost and how it works (like how to pay and if they charge now or ehen it ships). Thanks for the help.
In the USA.
It's a little cheaper on amiami. Unless that's a different version.

Sadly it doesnt come with the Amazon box... Only reason why is i want the box... Idk why though...
Cause it is freaking Love Live! and they are awesome. Already ordered mine from AMZ. That price though with the box is so much...like $98 I think. haha

btw, the movie will be released in the US I think. I know that NISA said that the movie will be shown in theaters but I believe they also said it was be released on blu as well.

Was looking for some random sales across various sites, and while searching deepdiscount/dvdplanet I noticed that I could not find any anime on their site....at all.

Did I miss something, or did they stop selling anime?

Was looking for some random sales across various sites, and while searching deepdiscount/dvdplanet I noticed that I could not find any anime on their site....at all.

Did I miss something, or did they stop selling anime?
I don't think they stopped selling it. Probaby just updating the system or a glitch. And even if they did stop selling it, it isn't like the had great deals anyway. Sure if you didn't have to pay taxes but for those that did they weren't any better then ordering from the usual places.

Great time to buy the Space Dandy season 2 set with the Labor Day code on Funimation's site. Do they do partial shipments,since am probably going to preorder Noein with it?

They're still there.

Just type in section 23 or funimation into the search and they'll come right up.
All I see left are pre-order titles - no in-stock anime titles at all... seems like an intentional purge to me, but I hope I'm wrong...

Just visited DVD Planet and Dragonball Season 5, Naruto Season 1.2, Hayate the Combat Butler Season 1 (DVD & Blu-ray), and Space Brothers Blu-ray are on the front page, despite the listings no longer existing.

I think it's a glitch, especially since they usually do a lot more pre-order listings.

I redeemed this since all I ever do with CR is free trials but Crunchyroll currently has a labor day promo where you get a CR month free and a Loot Crate month for free. After making a "new" CR account, you get the free loot crate month code in your inbox a few minutes later. Keep in mind you need to cancel both as they will charge you in October. 

https://www.crunchyroll.com/freetrial?from=LCLD15Email1canc

Gohastings has 40% off 4+ items, 30% off 3+ items, 25% off 2+ items right now with coupon code CHEESEPIZZA. A few decent prices hidden in there~. 

Probably 6 more. There's still S, Super S, and Stars. The episode count goes down with each series, but I doubt Viz will release Stars as a single set (it's 34 episodes).

Can someone tell me how many more seasons or sets will be released by viz to complete the sailor moon series on blu ray after season 2 r part 2 is released?
There's 5 seasons, Sailor Moon, R, S, Super S, and Supers. I'd assume 10 sets total (Pt 1 and 2 of each) so that would mean at least 6 more sets after R part 2.

That's not including Crystal, though that's not part of the original series.

Thanks everyone for helping me out now I gotta start saving up cuz those sets especially LEs be pricey but not AoA pricey thank god.
If you don't care about the RightStuf exclusives, it'd probably be cheaper to get them used. I have actually seen it show up on GoHastings relatively often.

Though if you just wanna watch the dub Viz has the dubbed version up to the end of R on Neon Alley.

EDIT: FYE has Used copies of Sailor Moon Season 1 Parts 1 and 2. If you use the code CHALK20 (takes 20% off) plus the Backstage Pass discount, you get $40 for Part 1 and $30 for Part 2. You have to pay tax, though.

EDITx2: GoHastings has Season 1.1 for $36.99 Used, which you can take 40% off if you buy 3 other Used items. They also have Season 2.1 DVD for $19.99.

They're not the LEs, but better than nothing.

I redeemed this since all I ever do with CR is free trials but Crunchyroll currently has a labor day promo where you get a CR month free and a Loot Crate month for free. After making a "new" CR account, you get the free loot crate month code in your inbox a few minutes later. Keep in mind you need to cancel both as they will charge you in October.

https://www.crunchyroll.com/freetrial?from=LCLD15Email1canc
I tried doing this but never got the loot crate code. Which inbox did yours go to?

I tried doing this but never got the loot crate code. Which inbox did yours go to?
... the one I registered the account with? I had two friends tried it and one of them used an e-mail address that they already had an account on (which fyi... just use a different e-mail).

Looking at the FUNi sale, the clearence section has a fair number of non-S.A.V.E. sets are good prices. Birdy the Mighty: Decode is $10 cheaper than the lowest Amazon price and $12 is a steal for Kaleido Star Season 2.

So why does the persona 4 le set have so much room in the box? I realize the extras go there when it ships, but it just seems odd to me when it only has two cases in it.

So, just looking at my shelf randomly and...did FUNi ever say anything about licensing the 2nd Heaven's Lost Property movie?

So, just looking at my shelf randomly and...did FUNi ever say anything about licensing the 2nd Heaven's Lost Property movie?
Funimation has been seemingly been AWOL on a lot of movies from their anime properties. Eva... Steins;gate... and hell, doesn't One Piece have over a dozen movies that they never touched? It seems Funimation is only concerned with anime based movies that will get them a lot of cash from theater showings.

Nozomi released their press release for MSG Part 2. Blu-ray is $75 MSRP, DVD is $60, and features a 30th Anniversary Staff Interview.

No, I want it though. Also just realized that they haven't done or said anything about Code: Geass. Don't know why they can't just say "Coming in 2016/2017" or something broad so we at least know SOMETHING is happening. Wonder if they have an agreement that forbids them from saying anything so Bandai can continue to sell overpriced sets in Japan?

No, I want it though. Also just realized that they haven't done or said anything about Code: Geass. Don't know why they can't just say "Coming in 2016/2017" or something broad so we at least know SOMETHING is happening. Wonder if they have an agreement that forbids them from saying anything so Bandai can continue to sell overpriced sets in Japan?
It's been stated by both Funi and Sentai,that Bandai is taking their time at getting them materials so they could start releasing these shows.

One Punch Man is a series that should fail horribly and only get 1 volume. Instead, it is freaking amazing. Especially for a comic where one of the chapters is literally nothing more than a spaceship zooming towards the camera.

It's actually quite amazing that they took a guy who is literally invincible and crafted a hugely entertaining story out of it.

Is one punch man worth picking up? Never heard of it before but seems to be getting a fair amount of noise.
it depends. would you like a well crafted action comedy that basically stars Super Man but done in a way where he is an interesting character as he is just being a hero as a hobby and gets no respect from other heroes?

I'd personally call it more of a modern day dragon ball as it has high power fights but lots of gags as well, but the world is well crafted and the crazy is just fun.

it depends. would you like a well crafted action comedy that basically stars Super Man but done in a way where he is an interesting character as he is just being a hero as a hobby and gets no respect from other heroes?

I'd personally call it more of a modern day dragon ball as it has high power fights but lots of gags as well, but the world is well crafted and the crazy is just fun.
I wouldn't even call it a modern day Dragon Ball,since it's a satire on shonens such as DB/Z,and the super hero genre in general.

Well im even more curious now so the first volume is on its way. Cheers

Funimation has been seemingly been AWOL on a lot of movies from their anime properties. Eva... Steins;gate... and hell, doesn't One Piece have over a dozen movies that they never touched? It seems Funimation is only concerned with anime based movies that will get them a lot of cash from theater showings.
They have time to release Black Lagoon again though...... In a premium edition that will prob. be another yearbook style package....

**edit** it comes in what seems to be a ammunition box.

They have time to release Black Lagoon again though...... In a premium edition that will prob. be another yearbook style package....

Pointless LE's is nothing new. I think Aniplex and Nisa influenced Funi/Sentai to go the LE route while Funi's LE's are Aniplex anime's releases (knock on wood). It's no shock that these LE's include nothing that most consumers would want. I only wanted the Persona 4 one because it was only way to get the dual tracks on Blu and DtB LE wast the only release available for Blu.

From RS:

VizMedia is releasing the complete series of Death Note on Blu-ray! The Omega Edition even includes two feature-length films Re-light #1 and #2, along with a host of other features. They're releasing in December and we couldn't be more excited!
Check them out now!
Omega Edition: http://www.rightstufanime.com/Death-...dition-Blu-ray
Standard Edition: http://www.rightstufanime.com/Death-Note-Blu-Ray

782009244257_anime-death-note-omega-edition-blu-ray.jpg

782009244110_anime-Death-Note-blu-ray.jpg

From Aniplex's Facebook Page:

Thank you very much Fate/Zero fans for your continued support! The Limited Edition Blu-ray Box Set I is now SOLD OUT! If you haven't purchased the LE Blu-ray Box set II yet, now's the time to do so because those are going fast too!

The Jojo dvd's are coming out soon. Any news on it? Still not a lot is known about the specifics of the release. I still need to know if it is multilingual, how much they've changed, like if the subs are name changed or if the ed's are still present. possibility of a blu-ray release...

Not a yearbook - it's a standard 4-panel digipak with plastic hubs, and no overlapping discs - thankfully no cardboard disc slots in this one...

bread's done
Back