Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Although, the principal doesn't really show up all that often overall.

It's pretty heavy at the start because of introduction, then he kinda disappears.

Yeah, but season 4 is also when some of the worst/most annoying characters start showing up, and I don't just mean the principal

Was looking into obtaining Blu-ray Sword Art Online and now I'm confused. Can someone more into this scene explain? Is there a complete series on Blu-ray? I see nearly $90 Blu-ray on Rightstuf with different parts up to it looks like 4. That's heavy.

I was hoping for a Sword Art Online Season and Sword Art Online II Season.

Was looking into obtaining Blu-ray Sword Art Online and now I'm confused. Can someone more into this scene explain? Is there a complete series on Blu-ray? I see nearly $90 Blu-ray on Rightstuf with different parts up to it looks like 4. That's heavy.

What your looking at is an Aniplex release. Aniplex uses Japanese pricing so be prepared to bend over and take it up a$$.

I've found that it was actually cheaper to buy a region free Blu-ray player and import everything from the UK where everything is considerably cheaper.

Ok here we go...

Season One was first released in the US as LE's (Limited Editions) most of those are now sold out. But with the onset of Season 2, AoA graced us mere mortals with standard releases of Season 1 that you are seeing priced around $60 each.

Now Season 2 has both LE's and Standard releases.

So LE's for Season 2 are around $89 no counting SOA 2 set 3 which is I think $60. And the Standard releases for Season 2 are about $70 each again Set 3 being $40. This is for blu ray btw. DVD is a little cheaper.

Which is why I never understand why everyone over on the blu-ray.com forum shits on Funimation.   I guess it must be a rich kids club over there or something.  That, and apparently everyone is a videophile.  Funimation are just about the only ones making affordable American releases.  We should be championing them. 

I really don't know who are these people who shell out $60-90 for 5-7 episodes.  Certainly not anyone I know.   You're literally paying ~$10 per 25minute episode. 

I would love to own Sword Art Online on blu ray but good lord..

Which is why I never understand why everyone over on the blu-ray.com forum shits on Funimation. I guess it must be a rich kids club over there or something. That, and apparently everyone is a videophile. Funimation are just about the only ones making affordable American releases. We should be championing them.

I really don't know who are these people who shell out $60-90 for 5-7 episodes. Certainly not anyone I know. You're literally paying ~$10 per 25minute episode.

I got the first two LE sets because it was the first anime my wife actually liked. Couldn't dream of spending it on the rest of the show though, it went downhill after that.

Which is why I never understand why everyone over on the blu-ray.com forum shits on Funimation. I guess it must be a rich kids club over there or something. That, and apparently everyone is a videophile. Funimation are just about the only ones making affordable American releases. We should be championing them.

I really don't know who are these people who shell out $60-90 for 5-7 episodes. Certainly not anyone I know. You're literally paying ~$10 per 25minute episode.

Sentai is also relasing fair priced anime. I like Funi but many times the have given people the big middle finger. And the fact is that they are raising prices on all their stuff across the board. I got into it with a Funi fanboy on their FB page about the price hike and it went on for a good few days. Needless to say, I like Funi but like all other companys at the end of the day they are about making money.

And yes sometimes PQ is important. If you are releasing a BD and don't bother to try and get a decent master then we have a problem. If I wanted crap PQ, I'd go back to being DVD's. Funi have sort of improved over the last few years but there have been many titles that they crapped out on. :(

Unfortunately with Best Buy, they do use TRE now, so don't do that too often. Even after a few TRE will go into effect.
What's TRE?

There are no "complete season" collections of SAO. Just parts. Aniplex is milking that series gooood

Sentai is also relasing fair priced anime. I liek Funi but many times the have given people the big middle finger. And the fact is that they are raising prices on all their stuff across the board. I got into with a Funi fanboy on their FB page about the price hike and it went on for a good few days. Needless to say, I like Funi but like all other companys at the end of the day they are about making money.

And yes sometimes PQ is important. If you are releasing a BD and don't bother to try and get a decent master then we have a problem. If I wanted crap PQ, I'd go back to being DVD's. Funi have sort of improved over the last few years but there have been many titles that they crapped out on. :(
Funi is OK is my book as I love those cheap LEs. Sentai though...meeeeeeh

Needless to say, I like Funi but like all other companys at the end of the day they are about making money.
why is this argument trotted out constantly as if it is some crime against humanity? Wtf do you think businesses are? charities that give everything out for free? face facts, our braindead politicians and the sheeple that vote, have voted in idiots that have killed the economies of the world and it is only getting worse. prices of everything have gone up.

that said I agree with the other guy....Funi is one of the few anime businesses that has had a lot of success and yes DBZ is a large part of that so we should be championing them, but if it werent for Funi and DBZ you would be getting all of nothing for anime which would mean pirating whatever subtitled anime you could find or paying absurd importing prices with no chance of an english dub ever.

What's TRE?
I thought maybe a weird typo for Right Stuf but got lost on his last sentence.

why is this argument trotted out constantly as if it is some crime against humanity? Wtf do you think businesses are? charities that give everything out for free? face facts, our braindead politicians and the sheeple that vote, have voted in idiots that have killed the economies of the world and it is only getting worse. prices of everything have gone up.

that said I agree with the other guy....Funi is one of the few anime businesses that has had a lot of success and yes DBZ is a large part of that so we should be championing them, but if it werent for Funi and DBZ you would be getting all of nothing for anime which would mean pirating whatever subtitled anime you could find or paying absurd importing prices with no chance of an english dub ever.
This got unusually political. You're starting another argument on top of one. I think Funimation releases all of their stuff at fair prices. I guess if goes past that magical $30-35 point, they are in a danger zone for being greedy (sarcasm). They have done some dumb things but nothing that would prevent me from buying their products.

As for the Funimation store and physical goods... you're all more than welcome to complain about that. I think we already have half a dozen pages complaining about unfulfilled orders and super long backorders.

TRE is a returns system used by retail stores that tracks your returns (using stuff like Driver's License/State ID/Membership card/credit card/etc.). Depending on the settings used, once you reach a certain return limit, the system automatically denies any and all returns you can do for a certain amount of time.

No idea what Best Buy's parameters were, but when I worked at Home Depot, any return that needed a DL# (so, non-receipt returns and anything involving store credit) involved TRE and if the customer reached one of their limits (too much money, returning a large amount of high-theft product, too many returns, etc.) then the system would deny the return and the customer would have to call corporate to get it straightened out or wait 90 days for your number to cycle out. If you tried again before 90 days, the wait would reset. Store managers do not have the power to bypass it.

Like I said, Best Buy's parameters are likely far different, probably including receipts for one. But the system in general is the same.

I thought maybe a weird typo for Right Stuf but got lost on his last sentence.

This got unusually political. You're starting another argument on top of one. I think Funimation releases all of their stuff at fair prices. I guess if goes past that magical $30-35 point, they are in a danger zone for being greedy (sarcasm). They have done some dumb things but nothing that would prevent me from buying their products.

As for the Funimation store and physical goods... you're all more than welcome to complain about that. I think we already have half a dozen pages complaining about unfulfilled orders and super long backorders.
Funny cause I guess he didn't see the price of a 12 episode show that usually sales for $30-$35 like you mentioned go to $57. haha

Hope he enjoys not supporting the industry by stealing from them via pirating.

Speaking of backorders, my Dragonball set still hasn't shipped. I wonder if I'll get it before the end of the year.
I always had a mental image of Rojas being the guy who does all the shipping and cries himself to sleep when he reads a dozen e-mails in the support inbox. Then he flies to another convention and will leave orders untouched for months.

The scary thing is that I'm probably not far from the truth

I'm an idiot ... I had no knowledge of Ranma 1/2, but I enjoy anime and am a sucker for a good deal, but I decided to wait until the other 1/2 was released.

I'll do my research first next time.

Here's the link to the full sale with other titles included
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/anime-20151101?acampID=0&ref=8575135&loc=0

Not sure what's good prices on some these, but looking forward to others' input.
Thanks for that link! Though now I need to decide if I want to run to BB and spend a LOT of money today XD

I'm most excited to spot Princess Mononoke on DVD for $10. Been looking for that for ages - too bad the blu ray is the only one still "on sale" over $20 while the others are $13. Somehow I don't think it's going to drop....it never has before.

Also tempted by Last Airbender complete series, though I want to double check Amazon's bundles because I remember seeing a version that also came with the first big comic book.

Edit: Found it! Amazon has a pre-order for the complete series + The Promise part 1 for $34.99. So it's $10 for the book right now, and the book is...*checks*... $10. Okay, so it no longer matters which way to go. But still a thing!

Wish Attack on Titan would drop a bit more - I'd bite if both seasons went to $20 since the gf would love them for Christmas.

Won't end up buying it for that price, but Noragami is also a really good anime. Watched the first season on Netflix.

If I had lots of surplus income I'd also be considering Vampire Knight, though I've only read the manga so I don't know if the anime's any good. Interesting that it says 'complete collection' but then says 'includes episodes 9-13' in the description. Still, if it's all the episodes, then $15 for a box set is pretty great.

I'm most excited to spot Princess Mononoke on DVD for $10. Been looking for that for ages - too bad the blu ray is the only one still "on sale" over $20 while the others are $13. Somehow I don't think it's going to drop....it never has before.
The PQ on Mononoke Blu-ray is awesome though.

In response to this:

this guy writes:

Sentai is also relasing fair priced anime. I like Funi but many times the have given people the big middle finger. And the fact is that they are raising prices on all their stuff across the board. I got into it with a Funi fanboy on their FB page about the price hike and it went on for a good few days. Needless to say, I like Funi but like all other companys at the end of the day they are about making money.

Then this guy Neoz posts this over on the blu-ray.com anime forums. This is exactly what I'm talking about with that place. This dude is a mod over there apparently, too.

haha sounds like something I would hear on the Funi FB page. :)
And actually sounds like something that someone said on tos. Saying we should be championing Funi. Yet another Funi fanboy...:rolleyes:
Apparently I'm a "Funi fanboy". Pretty sure I expressed myself clearly. Clearly enough for you to give a thoughtful response here, but your actual reaction on your own forums.

Stay classy, Neoz.

^^^

haha still going on about it aren't you.

Ignore him guys.

btw, I complain about Funi across all sites you online social justice warrior. Oh Lordy....don't want offend Funi.

Also complain about AoA and their high prices as well. Ask Squarehead lol

What makes it better is that decide to copy and paste from there to here. :D

^^^

haha still going on about it aren't you.

Ignore him guys.

btw, I complain about Funi across all sites you online social justice warrior. Oh Lordy....don't want offend Funi.

Also complain AoA and their high prices as well. Ask Squarehead lol

What makes it better is that decide to copy and paste from there to here. :D
Now I'm a Social Justice Warrior that's "still going on about it". You are one classy dude.

but yeah yeah yeah back on topic. of course

:-({|=

Back to the deals.

credit to Marcus Carr

DD coupon

Exclusive Discount for Preferred Customers ONLY:  
Save $5 on all orders of $25+  

Enter coupon code SNOWDAY at checkout.
Coupon only valid through Tuesday, 11/3/2015 at noon CT.

Funny cause I guess he didn't see the price of a 12 episode show that usually sales for $30-$35 like you mentioned go to $57. haha

Hope he enjoys not supporting the industry by stealing from them via pirating.
I know no one is going to admit this here but I Feel confident is stating that 90% of anime lovers have pirated at least some and a fair amount are regular piraters......my only grief is if thats all you do is pirate, I dont care if you pirate while awaiting a stateside release that you are going to buy. I also wouldnt care if you are like some of the hoarders on this site that have probably spent 20,000 on anime....you can get cut a little slack.

Speaking of backorders, my Dragonball set still hasn't shipped. I wonder if I'll get it before the end of the year.
my DB set just appeared saturday without warning...no email shipping notifcations...it just appeared....the movies however still remain in limbo.....might have to call and ask as I did not see the saturday package till 8 in the evening so who knows if the movies appeared and got stolen on some other random day.

Welp, I got a nice surprise in my mail today. My Dragonball order from Funimation showed up finally, didn't even get a shipping confirmation or anything.

I know no one is going to admit this here but I Feel confident is stating that 90% of anime lovers have pirated at least some and a fair amount are regular pirates......my only grief is if that's all you do is pirate, I don't care if you pirate while awaiting a stateside release that you are going to buy. I also wouldn't care if you are like some of the hoarders on this site that have probably spent 20,000 on anime....you can get cut a little slack.
In all honesty I've done this plenty, but only with shows that I already owned and didn't want to open (which i think is legal?) only 1 or 2 shows were pirated outside of that. I'll also admit that I foolishly bought bootlegs without knowing them to be fake, but I tried to make up for that by buying the licensed versions later. Talk to Sentai, Funi etc employees, voice actors and so on, pirating hurts everyone and lowers the chance that we ever get the show (unless it's stupid popular)

I also would like to get into SWORD ART ONLINE but the prices suck for getting the whole show, and I don't where to start with all the releases.
You need to let us know what format you are looking for. DVD or BD, also we aren't going to hold you hand. If you want help that is fine but some stuff you need to look up yourself. Again what do you want it on DVD or BD, lets start there. From that we can work with you.

In all honesty I've done this plenty, but only with shows that I already owned and didn't want to open (which i think is legal?) only 1 or 2 shows were pirated outside of that. I'll also admit that I foolishly bought bootlegs without knowing them to be fake, but I tried to make up for that by buying the licensed versions later. Talk to Sentai, Funi etc employees, voice actors and so on, pirating hurts everyone and lowers the chance that we ever get the show (unless it's stupid popular)
I used to pirate studio movies but as far as anime never did. Watched it on netflix (which got me back into anime) and now I sub to CR.
Like you I would rather support the industry by buying.

Sounds to me like you'd like a review about what's in each of the releases for Sword Art Online. You should check out the blog or something that I'm making.
I thought he just forgot the /s, no way he was he being serious...right?

Edit: And if youre going to pirate fine whatever but please dont BUY bootlegs.

A new season of Elfin Lied after 10+ years?

I mean I liked the show but thaT seems weird.

Also, having read the manga, the anime makes its "own" ending at the halfway mark but the back half of the manga doesn't really add much and its ending is pretty much the same as the anime's.

Heads up new code for Deepdiscount.

10% off

Code: SLEDDING

Expires 11/06/2015 at noon CT.

bread's done
Back