Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one who couldn't get into Steins;Gate? Didn't even have enough interest to finish watching it.

The better question is, is it worth waiting to save $25.  Unfortunately, nobody can answer that question except for you :D

@Refluxx - Well I liked it quite a bit, but it's certainly a show that doesn't really surprise me when other people say that they didn't like it.

Is a premium membership at Crunchyroll worth getting? I have no experience with it beyond the free service, but it seems like a nice impulse buy price.
If you want to try it out first, you can get a free two-week trial if you sign up with a credit card number (and the year subscription should stack with the trial, so if you're subscribing for the first time I'd sign up for the trial first anyway). It's a pretty good service - no ads and decent quality 720/1080p streaming for nearly every currently-airing series, and most series from the past few years. New episodes are typically subbed very soon after they air in Japan, although the subs aren't the greatest. If you want to stay up to date with current anime and want to do it the legal way, CR is by far the best option.

If you want to try it out first, you can get a free two-week trial if you sign up with a credit card number (and the year subscription should stack with the trial, so if you're subscribing for the first time I'd sign up for the trial first anyway). It's a pretty good service - no ads and decent quality 720/1080p streaming for nearly every currently-airing series, and most series from the past few years. New episodes are typically subbed very soon after they air in Japan, although the subs aren't the greatest. If you want to stay up to date with current anime and want to do it the legal way, CR is by far the best option.
I'd like to add to this that you should only get CR if you live in the US or Canda.
In Portugal you can only watch Naruto and a few other animes(non-airing atm), you can't even see Bleach, Hellsing, One Piece, Steins Gate, etc....

So, I advise you to try the trial first to see if the Animes you want to watch are available in your country :)

I feel like I've been clogging up this thread today, but I'm still going to make another post (so I guess you'll all have to deal with it).

I picked up both of the Last Exile sets that were on sale.  Although I do like my anime sets to have a little more leg (look at the cover images for both versions of pt 1), I couldn't justify the extra $17 for a chipboard box. :D  Right Stuf generally doesn't have the best prices when it comes to Funimation stuff, so I figured $50 was about as good as it was going to get for awhile.

I do hope these prices hang around through most of the Right Stuf sale though, because I'll be far more interested in all of the Shana sets if I don't spend any money there.

Excellent info, thanks!

Am I the only one who couldn't get into Steins;Gate? Didn't even have enough interest to finish watching it.
I thought it was good, but nothing special. I don't think it's quite good enough to be the 2nd highest rated anime on MAL, but (shrug).

Currently airing episodes are supposed to be put up an hour after their airing in Japan.

I'm good with the non-premium membership. I've only gotten one ad so far on my phone and the quality's good enough.

Ew. Go with Amiami, followed by CDJapan/HLJ/PlayAsia.
Forgive me for not being an anime figures expert, lol. I forgot about Playasia though!

As for the Amazon deals, I just like how three of these titles were on the Black Friday deals and now they are already on sale for the same price again. =| Thanks, Funimation!

I initially thought "wtf is this dumb show?" but then I gave it a chance and realized it was actually pretty damn good.
Watched the first season and a couple of episodes of the second season. I don't know, I just didn't really enjoy it that much. :|

Everyone seems to like it a lot though. Different strokes for different folks! :D

Excellent info, thanks!
I second what he said, and would also like to add that it really depends how you watch it. The free service is fine on a PC, but I also use the service on either a 43" or 50" plasma and the 1080 steaming without commercials makes it very well worth it for me.

Day 01 is up

GitS Arise looks interesting; never heard of it.  Not sure it's worth a blind buy for $35 though. : \

Oh wow, one hour run time too.  Screw that lol.

GitS Arise looks interesting; never heard of it. Not sure it's worth a blind buy for $35 though. : \

Oh wow, one hour run time too. Screw that lol.
It's a new 3 part OVA re-imagining of GitS. I'm sure it will be picked up and dubbed here for cheaper soon enough.

I had a feeling Dirty Pair would be a part of the sale, but I was afraid it would be the ugly Liteboxes. Nope. $40 for both LEs? SOLD!

If you missed Deep Disocunts Thanksgiving coupon, they are having another code today CYBER15 which gives you 15% off and it looks like they still have their sale prices so a lot of Sentai Blus are at $22 after coupon.

How do you know its the LEs?
The image and the description saying it's the original chipboard boxes. RS is usually very good about having the right image/description associated with the right item. Also, the fact that it has a counter is a pretty good indicator as well. They're clearing out their remaining LEs because they're going to be replacing them with the Litebox versions.

How is "Woman called Fujiko Mine" compared to the other Lupin series'?

Some very good prices on Day 1 especially on Case Closed, DBZ, and Grave of the Fireflies.

Some very good prices on Day 1 especially on Case Closed, DBZ, and Grave of the Fireflies.
I cannot comment on its quality, but that particular series is currently cheaper on Amazon (though out of stock).

dirty awesome !!! The way the story is told is great. You would think every ep is meaningless, but at the end of the series it boils down great.

Btw - amazon has it for $25 & I don't have too many friends for $25!!!!

how do they pronounce it ? 

Edit: Would anyone like to halfy on the series? I don't use the BR,since i don't have BR player nor a PS3. 

PM if your interested

I listened to some Yutube Arsene Lupin videos, and it sure sounds like "Loo-pahn" to me.
It's been years since I've watched Lupin the Third on Adult Swim but I'm pretty sure the dub actor for Zenigata pronounced it as "Loo-pahn" where others pronounced it the correct way. I don't have the DVDs to prove this, but eh.

As for the newer prequel series, I been hearing that Sonny Strait is a really weird sounding Lupin and now I'm afraid to hear it.

"Loo-pahn" is how the Japanese pronounce it and "Loo-pihn" is how it's pronounced in English.  No right or wrong, just different ways of doing it.  Besides, Lupin III is supposed to be the grandson of Arsène Lupin who is French.  So, wouldn't the French prounounciation be the right one?

"Loo-pahn" is how the Japanese pronounce it and "Loo-pihn" is how it's pronounced in English. No right or wrong, just different ways of doing it. Besides, Lupin III is supposed to be the grandson of Arsène Lupin who is French. So, wouldn't the French prounounciation be the right one?
Okay, I'm fine with that. I've been always under the impression that "Loo-pihn" was the correct way. :)

RuPahn ze Thirdo!  Rupahn ze Thirrrdo!

Rupahn!

Rupahn

Rupahn!

Rupahn

Rupahn ze Third!

I haven't watched it yet, but I thought the new series was supposed to be a bit more cold-blooded like the Green Jacket series was (which makes sense, since it's supposed to be in that same timeframe).  So if you're familiar with the manga or the green jacket stuff it should be right up your alley.  Honestly though, if you like Lupin III at all you'll probably just be glad to get more of it. 

Someone else will need to say whether or not it's a good introductory/stand alone series.

I think my statement wasn't clear. The "Loo-pahn" pronunciation is correct, and how it was pronounced in the Geneon dub. Hence why the one movie was originally called "Rupan." It's also how its pronounced in the original stories the character was based on.

I don't know why the pronunciation bugs me so much (bugged me in Aria as well), but it does.

RuPahn ze Thirdo! Rupahn ze Thirrrdo!

Rupahn!

Rupahn

Rupahn!

Rupahn

Rupahn ze Third!

I haven't watched it yet, but I thought the new series was supposed to be a bit more cold-blooded like the Green Jacket series was (which makes sense, since it's supposed to be in that same timeframe). So if you're familiar with the manga or the green jacket stuff it should be right up your alley. Honestly though, if you like Lupin III at all you'll probably just be glad to get more of it.

Someone else will need to say whether or not it's a good introductory/stand alone series.
You know what i wasn't really a big fan of the G-jacket series, i prefer the R-jacket and the infamous P-jacket.

Not sure if it's still there, but GoHastings had Sekirei S1, S2, and S2 LE Used and all were eligible for the 20%/30%/40% promo.

I think my statement wasn't clear. The "Loo-pahn" pronunciation is correct, and how it was pronounced in the Geneon dub. Hence why the one movie was originally called "Rupan." It's also how its pronounced in the original stories the character was based on.
I don't know why the pronunciation bugs me so much (bugged me in Aria as well), but it does.
I understand the annoyance. Same thing happened with the English dub of naruto. Only sasuke pronounced it correctly, and everyone else said it NAR-uto...very damn annoying lol

Not sure if it's still there, but GoHastings had Sekirei S1, S2, and S2 LE Used and all were eligible for the 20%/30%/40% promo.
There's also Heaven's Memo Pad to be had for less than $21 with the 40% off, and also Guilty Crown LE for less than $37 shipped with the 40% off, and High School DXD is in stock for less than $45 shipped with 40% off. Was going to buy those myself, but then decided to just go ahead, and spend my money elsewhere, so if people were interested.

Also, Chaos;Head LE for about $25 shipped with 40% off, and Ouran Host Club Anime Classics for less than $13 shipped with 40% off.

I know the 40% off is with 4 items or more, but I think I've listed enough along with DNukem's Sekireis that someone can take advantage of these. ;D

I understand the annoyance. Same thing happened with the English dub of naruto. Only sasuke pronounced it correctly, and everyone else said it NAR-uto...very damn annoying lol
How did Sasuke pronounce it? Because it *is* pronounced "NA-ru-to" with an emphasis on the first syllable.

How did Sasuke pronounce it? Because it *is* pronounced "NA-ru-to" with an emphasis on the first syllable.
He pronounced it closer to how they pronounce it in Japanese.. like Nuh-roo-toe. Where as Sakura pronounced it NAR-oo-toe and most of the other characters did as well with VERY heavy emphasis on the first syllable. I think Sasuke also put emphasis on the first syllable, but it wasnt such a heavy emphasis and he pronounced it as Nuh instead of NAR. lol. hope that makes sense.

There's also Heaven's Memo Pad to be had for less than $21 with the 40% off, and also Guilty Crown LE for less than $37 shipped with the 40% off, and High School DXD is in stock for less than $45 shipped with 40% off. Was going to buy those myself, but then decided to just go ahead, and spend my money elsewhere, so if people were interested.
But it's still $25 on Amazon?

He pronounced it closer to how they pronounce it in Japanese.. like Nuh-roo-toe. Where as Sakura pronounced it NAR-oo-toe and most of the other characters did as well with VERY heavy emphasis on the first syllable. I think Sasuke also put emphasis on the first syllable, but it wasnt such a heavy emphasis and he pronounced it as Nuh instead of NAR. lol. hope that makes sense.
Based on Kirin's phoenetic pronunciation, I think Sasuke is saying it wrong actually. In the Japanese version they definitely don't pronounce it as Nuh-roo-toe.

Based on Kirin's phoenetic pronunciation, I think Sasuke is saying it wrong actually. In the Japanese version they definitely don't pronounce it as Nuh-roo-toe.
Maybe I typed it out wrong. Japanese pronunciation reminds me a lot of Spanish pronunciation for a lot of words though. They def don't say NAR-uto either. You'd just have to compare the two to get what I mean.

By the way you describe it, it sounds like Sasuke is the one pronouncing it wrong...

Woot! Grabbed My Neighbor Totoro, Howl's Moving Castle, and Roberta's Blood Trail from Amazon. I was tempted to grab more, but already abused my wallet on Black Friday and other things.

bread's done
Back