Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm comparing prices for the Naruto Shippuden box sets that have the figures. It looks like Amazon is cheaper than Rightstuf, but I can't tell which ones on Amazon actually come with the figures.

I'm comparing prices for the Naruto Shippuden box sets that have the figures. It looks like Amazon is cheaper than Rightstuf, but I can't tell which ones on Amazon actually come with the figures.
I forgot about those releases. The figures for the earlier Shippuden and even Bleach releases all looked pretty bad. You're better off buying a figure that cost a little more and probably looks a lot better than the crap Viz made (fyi: not all figures are super expensive).

I forgot about those releases. The figures for the earlier Shippuden and even Bleach releases all looked pretty bad. You're better off buying a figure that cost a little more and probably looks a lot better than the crap Viz made (fyi: not all figures are super expensive).
It's for the first four sets. They are each about $35 on Rightstuf. I was interested because I grew up with Naruto, but Amazon has no indication on which set comes with them.

According to dvdpricesearch.com, Walmart has those 4 sets for about $26 each.

Viz doesn't make the SE versions anymore, so what the retailers have left is what they will get.

Mega Deal

Day 31

High School DxD New Blu-ray/DVD Retail Price: $64.98, Your Member Price: $32.49

Day 31

A-Channel Blu-ray Your Price: $23.99

A-Channel DVD Your Price: $17.49

AiON Manga 01 Your Price: $4.39

AiON Manga 02 Your Price: $4.39

AiON Manga 03 Your Price: $4.39

Appleseed Blu-ray/DVD Sentai Selects Your Price: $8.99

Banzai Banquets: Party Dishes That Pack a Punch Your Price: $7.48

Black and White Dandy Faces Space Dandy Wristband PVC Your Price: $4.31

Black Jack Set 1 DVD Your Price: $43.99

Black Kiss DVD Your Price: $4.49

Brave Soul CDROM Game (Windows) Adult Your Price: $14.97

Dekotora 1: Big, Bad Mama-san DVD Adult Your Price: $5.00

Dekotora 2: Smokey and the Bushido DVD Adult Your Price: $5.99

Dominion: Conflict 1: No More Noise Manga Your Price: $7.48

Dominion Manga Your Price: $7.48

Don't Rush Love Manga Adult Your Price: $7.99

Double Trouble Manga Adult Your Price: $6.49

Everybody Kirigami! Your Price: $9.48

Female Combatants Battle School/Demonic Heroine in Peril DVD Your Price: $5.99

Ghost in the Shell Special Edition DVD Your Price: $5.99

Haibane Renmei DVD Anime Classics Your Price: $19.99

Hellsing Limited Edition Seras Action Figure + DVD 4 Your Price: $3.99

His and Her Circumstances CD Soundtrack Act 1.0 Your Price: $1.99

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere DVD Your Price: $20.99

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere II Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere II DVD Your Price: $20.99

Ichi the Killer Special Edition DVD Your Price: $3.49

Ip Man: The Final Fight Blu-ray Your Price: $14.99

Ip Man: The Final Fight DVD Your Price: $12.49

Kiss All the Boys Manga 01 Adult Your Price: $3.89

Kobato Complete Collection DVD Your Price: $24.49

Legends of the Dark King: Fist of the North Star Story Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Legends of the Dark King: Fist of the North Star Story DVD Your Price: $17.49

Listen To Me, Girls. I Am Your Father! Blu-ray Your Price: $20.99

Listen To Me, Girls. I Am Your Father! DVD Your Price: $17.49

Manhwa Novella Collection 1 Your Price: $2.99

Manhwa Novella Collection 2 Your Price: $2.99

Manhwa Novella Collection 3 Your Price: $2.99

Manhwa Novella Collection 4 Your Price: $2.99

New Fist of the North Star Complete Collection DVD Your Price: $5.24

Ogenki Clinic: Anime HotShots DVD 1 Adult Your Price: $1.00

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou Complete Collection Blu-ray Your Price: $35.99

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou Complete Collection DVD Your Price: $27.99

Priceless Manga 01 Your Price: $3.69

Priceless Manga 02 Your Price: $3.69

Priceless Manga 03 Your Price: $3.69

Princess Nine Complete Series DVD Your Price: $19.99

Princess Nine Original CD Soundtrack 2 Your Price: $1.99

Puss 'n Boots DVD Your Price: $6.99

Red Shadow DVD Your Price: $4.99

Sailor Uranus Sailor Moon Bracelet Your Price: $10.79

Shuffle! Complete Series DVD S.A.V.E. Edition Your Price: $14.99

The Sisters DVD Your Price: $3.99

Skelanimals: It's a Wonderful Afterlife Your Price: $2.39

Sketchbook full color's DVD Your Price: $19.99

Special A (S.A) Complete Collection DVD Your Price: $24.49

Taxi Tonight/Diecovery Double Feature DVD Your Price: $3.49

Taxi Tonight DVD Your Price: $2.49

Thirsty For Love Manga Adult Your Price: $6.49

Time Bokan DVD Your Price: $2.99

Vermilion Pleasure Night DVD 2 Your Price: $2.00

Wanna Be the Strongest in the World! Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Your Price: $34.99

xxxHOLiC Plush: Mokona Black (5 in) Your Price: $8.63

Yamada's First Time: B Gata H Kei Blu-ray/DVD S.A.V.E. Edition Your Price: $9.99

You're Under Arrest: Full Throttle Complete Collection DVD Your Price: $20.99

Your & My Secret Manga 01 Your Price: $3.99

Your & My Secret Manga 02 Your Price: $3.99

Your & My Secret Manga 03 Your Price: $3.99

Your & My Secret Manga 04 Your Price: $3.99

Your & My Secret Manga 05 Your Price: $4.39

Your & My Secret Manga 06 Your Price: $4.39

Your & My Secret Manga 07 Your Price: $4.39

Your & My Secret Manga Bundle Your Price: $29.13

Haibane Renmei and Princess Nine are very good older series and well worth the $20.

As someone said a few days ago, Yamada's First Time is hilarious, though very short.

And as I said before, You're Under Arrest is funny and enjoyable.

Amazon currently has The Collected Works of Hayao Miyazaki on sale (DOTD) for $165

I pre-ordered this at $215, and while I wasn't able to get a direct refund, after talking with their chat, I did get a $50 "gift card" credit back to use later as a one time exception. So if you're in the same boat I am, I suggest giving that a try.

Amazon currently has The Collected Works of Hayao Miyazaki on sale (DOTD) for $165

I pre-ordered this at $215, and while I wasn't able to get a direct refund, after talking with their chat, I did get a $50 "gift card" credit back to use later as a one time exception. So if you're in the same boat I am, I suggest giving that a try.
I had pre-ordered when it was first announced, but cancelled it just before it was released.

While I really want the updated subtitles that are on a couple titles, I already own all of the individual releases, so the price will have to be better than this. If you don't own many of them, this is a great set with a good price.

Is Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere any good?

Amazing show if you like sci-fi, humor, big boobs, and romance. Has a great cast of characters, an awesome MC, and the second season has Shakesphere and Queen Elizabeth :D Easy 9 or 10/10

I had pre-ordered when it was first announced, but cancelled it just before it was released.

While I really want the updated subtitles that are on a couple titles, I already own all of the individual releases, so the price will have to be better than this. If you don't own many of them, this is a great set with a good price.
I already own all of both the JP and US Ghibli individual releases, but still I've decided to triple-dip at this price... I also had pre-ordered and then cancelled later, mainly because of the packaging design for holding the discs...

I'm just not happy with having to buy this at Amazon though, because of all the shipping damage I've experienced from their crappy packing. This will be the first and only anime I've bought from Amazon in all of 2015, since I started boycotting them after last Holiday-time. I'm sure I will have to get at least one, maybe two replacements from them to possibly get an undamaged copy - so I probably won't actually get one I can open and watch until the end of February...

I returned mine last week and I hardly ever return any movies I buy. I just saw no value in this boxed set.

Exactly. There is simply no value there for anyone who already owns most of these movies.

They updated the subtitles? Does it mean Mononoke doesn't have dubtitles?

They updated the subtitles? Does it mean Mononoke doesn't have dubtitles?
Yes, that is my understanding.

I pulled this update from Blu-ray.com:

• Lossless JP audio for Ponyo (original US release had Dolby Digital 5.1 @ 640 kbps)
  • Literal subtitles for Princess Mononoke, Laputa, and Kiki's Delivery Service (original US releases used "dubtitles", i.e. a transcript of the English dub)

Everyone buy B Gata H Kei.

Do it now.
it's weird to see such a mediocre show getting such praise in this thread.

to be fair it was actually somewhat enjoyable which is doing pretty well after the absolutely stupid hentai based setting.

still would much rather watch stuff like my bride is a mermaid or school rumble though :p

Date A Live is tempting, as is Kenshin. How much story do the New Kyoto OVAs cover?
They pretty much rewrite all the good scenes. I don't think it's worth it even for the new animation. I just couldn't feel the hype in the fights.

+1 on B gata H kei. Yukari Tamura <3

Geneon, actually. ^_^
Same shit, both failed companies lol.

I believe this is true as well.
D:

it's weird to see such a mediocre show getting such praise in this thread.

to be fair it was actually somewhat enjoyable which is doing pretty well after the absolutely stupid hentai based setting.

still would much rather watch stuff like my bride is a mermaid or school rumble though :p
Eh probably cause its super cheap. I didnt care for it though. One of those "one and never again" type shows for me.

New items for the sale is seemingly over. @_@

No more Mega Deals, and yet to see any updates for today.  Usually when it's late to update it's usually up by now.

Interesting...

*Edit* Nevermind, they just super late today, lol, updating now.

Yep was about to tell you. I was like oh...they popped up finally. :D

Nothing for me today. My wallet can sleep.

Mega Deal

Day 32

Majestic Prince Complete Collection Blu-ray Retail Price: $99.98, Your Member Price: $49.99

Majestic Prince Complete Collection DVD Retail Price: $79.98, Your Member Price: $39.99

Day 32

.hack//Cell Novel 01 Your Price: $4.39

.hack//Cell Novel 02 Your Price: $4.39

.hack//Legend of the Twilight Manga Omnibus (Vols 01-03) Your Price: $7.99

.hack//Roots Complete Series DVD Your Price: $19.99

.hack//Sign Complete Series DVD Your Price: $19.99

7 Billion Needles Manga 02 Your Price: $5.48

Absolute Obedience/Enzai: Falsely Accused DVD-ROM Game Set (Windows) Adult Your Price: $14.97

Apollo's Song Manga Part 2 Your Price: $5.48

Black Magic Manga (2nd Ed) Your Price: $7.48

Blood Reign/Kimera Double Feature DVD Your Price: $9.99

Ciel and Sebastian Christmas Black Butler Throw Blanket Your Price: $21.59

Fate/stay night Complete Collection Blu-ray Your Price: $34.99

God's Left Hand, Devil's Right Hand DVD Your Price: $4.99

Guin Saga Complete Collection Blu-ray Your Price: $31.49

Guin Saga Complete Collection DVD Your Price: $27.99

Gurren Lagann Complete Series Limited Edition DVD Box Set + CDs Your Price: $99.98

Hellboy Double Feature Blu-ray (Sword of Storms/Blood & Iron) Your Price: $7.19

Hellgate: London Manga 01 Your Price: $3.49

Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat Blu-ray Your Price: $20.99

Hentai Prince and the Stony Cat DVD Your Price: $17.49

Himawari, Too! (Season 2) DVD Your Price: $17.49

Himawari! (Season 1) DVD Your Price: $17.49

Kabuki Manga 01 Adult Your Price: $6.49

Kaze no Stigma DVD S.A.V.E. Edition Your Price: $14.99

Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple Season 1 DVD Your Price: $24.99

Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple Season 2 Complete Set DVD Your Price: $24.99

Koihime Muso Ultimate Collection (Season 1-3) DVD Your Price: $31.49

Kunoichi Collection Double Feature DVD Your Price: $3.99

Maou The Devil is a Part-Timer Wristband PVC Your Price: $4.31

Mardock Scramble: Trilogy Triple Feature Blu-ray Your Price: $22.49

Mardock Scramble: Trilogy Triple Feature DVD Your Price: $17.99

Master of Martial Hearts DVD Anime Classics Your Price: $12.49

My Beautiful Girl Mari/A Tree of Palme Double Feature DVD Your Price: $5.40

Narration of Love at 17 Manga 01 Your Price: $2.49

Narration of Love at 17 Manga 02 Your Price: $2.49

Narration of Love at 17 Manga 03 Your Price: $2.49

Nobunagun Limited Edition Blu-ray/DVD Your Price: $34.99

Phi-Brain ~ The Puzzle of God Season 1 Collection 1 Blu-ray Your Price: $9.99

Phi-Brain ~ The Puzzle of God Season 1 Collection 2 Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Phi-Brain ~ The Puzzle of God Season 1 Collection 1 DVD Your Price: $20.99

Phi-Brain ~ The Puzzle of God Season 1 Collection 2 DVD Your Price: $20.99

Phi-Brain ~ The Puzzle of God Season 2: Orpheus Order Collection 2 Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Phi-Brain ~ The Puzzle of God Season 2: Orpheus Order Collection 1 Blu-ray Your Price: $24.49

Phi-Brain ~ The Puzzle of God Season 2: Orpheus Order Collection 2 DVD Your Price: $20.99

Phi-Brain ~ The Puzzle of God Season 2: Orpheus Order Collection 1 DVD Your Price: $20.99

A Promise of Romance Novel Your Price: $4.49

Psychic Academy Aura Bansho CD Soundtrack Your Price: $1.99

Queens Manga 01 Your Price: $3.99

Queens Manga 02 Your Price: $3.99

Queens Manga 03 Your Price: $3.99

Queens Manga 04 Your Price: $3.99

Queens Manga 05 Your Price: $3.99

Sailor Neptune Sailor Moon Bracelet Your Price: $10.79

Serial Experiments Lain Blu-ray/DVD Anime Classics Your Price: $19.99

Star Trek: The Manga 01 Your Price: $2.49

Star Trek: The Manga 02 Your Price: $2.49

Star Trek: The Manga 03 Your Price: $2.49

Star Trek: The Next Generation Manga 01 Your Price: $3.49

Super Milk-Chan Show DVD 2 Your Price: $3.00

This Boy Caught a Merman Blu-ray Your Price: $7.49

This Boy Caught a Merman DVD Your Price: $4.49

Yep was about to tell you. I was like oh...they popped up finally. :D

Nothing for me today. My wallet can sleep.
Only the Mega Deal showed up, Day 32 wasn't even updated until a few minutes ago. So slow! *flips table*

thought the sale's been pretty awesome overall and prices are similar to last year based on my order history. There's just more trash to filter through but this sale pretty much included most titles from last year at similar to a little cheaper prices...

-Legend of Korra Artbooks lowest they ever been (regret biting earlier in October during a dark horse sale)

-Hansaku Iroha bundle- not going to find this any cheaper. This is an amazing deal.

-Eccentric Family is also a great deal at 39.99 from NIS. Won't get cheaper especially with NIS' lousy 75 dollar free shipping policy

-Nadia secret of blue water is an amazing deal at 34.99. Regret biting last year for 42 and still haven't gotten around to watching it. Heard it got really solid review.

-Lot of cheap sentai titles (I couldn't become a hero, tari tari, golden time). I don't think prices went this low last year to 20.99 unless it was a DOTD. Before people judge tari tari and I couldn't become a hero aren't amazing or anything but I enjoy these type of shows.

-DBZ movies for 15 each was a great deal (sold out now. regret not getting in on it)

-Gundam Origin Mangas are a steal
-Bunch of relatively new releases on sale (haikyuu, SNAFU, Tiger and bunny (S2 sold out already)
-Patlabor sale (same as last year, but with the recent releases. Still debating whether I want to bite on the movies. Doubt Patlabor gets any cheaper)

-GOTS movies about as cheap as they've ever gotten

-Some must own series IMO on sale (from the new world, horizon in the middle of nowhere, clannad, time of eve)

-Bunch of solid series on sale for 24.49, but I own a lot of them already and they're not  necessarily must haves. Reccomend Girl Und Panzer and for fans of the 90's Majestic Prince (like think tekkaman blade, YYH, Gaogaigar )

I watched the first disc, and it is quick! It constantly feels like we're missing some parts of the story. Great for those who want less clutter.
Yea, Nadesico packs a lot of plot in its 26 episodes. I hope you're watching the dub, because the sub is really, really hard to keep up with when it gets zany.

So if it looks like there are a lot of repeats, well there are.

Either something is really glitchy about the list today, and half of the list is just what was on sale yesterday, or this is basically the last of everything, and they were just too lazy to make a new list and added to the existing one.

In any case I've been refreshing for about half an hour, and I'm bored now, so here's the lists as-is for now. :p

Mega Deal

Day 33

Chaika The Coffin Princess Season 1 Blu-ray Retail Price: $69.98, Your Member Price: $34.99

Chaika The Coffin Princess Season 1 DVD Retail Price: $59.98, Your Member Price: $29.99

*edit: they fixed the wonky list*

Day 33

And Yet The Town Moves DVD Your Price: $17.49

Baka and Test Season 1 DVD S.A.V.E. Edition Your Price: $14.99

Baka and Test Season 2 + OVA DVD S.A.V.E. Edition Your Price: $14.99

Battlestar Galactica: Echoes of New Manga Your Price: $2.99

Burn Up! DVD Your Price: $5.24

Bus Gamer 1999-2001 The Pilot Edition Manga Your Price: $3.99

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness Manga 01 Your Price: $3.99

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness Manga 02 Your Price: $3.99

Clan of the Nakagamis Manga 01 Your Price: $6.49

Clan of the Nakagamis Manga 02 Your Price: $6.49

CSI: Intern at Your Own Risk Manga Your Price: $2.99

Daphne in the Brilliant Blue Collection 1 DVD Your Price: $11.99

Daphne in the Brilliant Blue Collection 2 DVD Your Price: $11.99

Daphne in the Brilliant Blue Manga Your Price: $3.99

Dokkoida?! Complete Collection DVD Your Price: $10.49

E's Otherwise Complete Collection DVD Your Price: $9.99

Ebiten: Ebisugawa Public High School's Tenmonbu Blu-ray Your Price: $20.99

Ebiten: Ebisugawa Public High School's Tenmonbu DVD Your Price: $17.49

Edu-Manga: Mother Teresa Manga Your Price: $4.99

Emi The Devil is a Part-Timer Wristband PVC Your Price: $4.31

Neon Genesis Evangelion: 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance Blu-ray Your Price: $17.49

Fafner: Dead Aggressor Manga 01 Your Price: $4.99

The Fuccons Complete Collection DVD Your Price: $7.00

Ghostbusters Manga Your Price: $2.99

Ghost Hound Complete Collection DVD Your Price: $24.49

The Happy Life Special Edition DVD Your Price: $8.99

Hiiro no Kakera: The Tamayori Princess Saga Complete Series Blu-ray Your Price: $34.99

Hiiro no Kakera: The Tamayori Princess Saga Complete Series DVD Your Price: $27.99

I-Doll Manga 01 Your Price: $2.99

I-Doll Manga 02 Your Price: $2.99

Intron Depot Artbook 4: Bullets Your Price: $24.98

Intron Depot Artbook 5: Battalion (Fire Emblem and More) Your Price: $22.49

Ip Man 2 Blu-ray Your Price: $13.49

Ip Man 2 DVD Your Price: $12.49

Ip Man Blu-ray Your Price: $13.49

Ip Man DVD Your Price: $9.99

Japanese Language Bundle Your Price: $23.99

Magical Witch Punie-Chan Special Edition DVD Your Price: $14.99

Makishima PSYCHO-PASS Plush (8 in) Your Price: $12.23

Moero Downhill Night 2 DVD-ROM Game (Windows) Adult Your Price: $11.97

Moero Downhill Night Blaze DVD-ROM Game (Windows) Adult Your Price: $11.97

Moero Downhill Night DVD-ROM Game (Windows) Adult Your Price: $11.97

Not So Bad Manga 01 Your Price: $2.49

Not So Bad Manga 02 Your Price: $2.49

Okami-san and Her Seven Companions Blu-ray/DVD Your Price: $19.99

One Piece Collection 11 DVD Uncut Your Price: $17.49

One Piece Collection 12 DVD Uncut Your Price: $17.49

One Piece Movie 12: Film Z Blu-ray/DVD Your Price: $17.49

One Piece Season 6 Part 4 DVD Uncut Your Price: $19.99

One Piece Season 7 Part 1 DVD Uncut Your Price: $19.99

Phoenix (Hinotori) Complete Collection DVD Litebox Your Price: $9.99

Planzet Blu-ray Your Price: $13.99

Planzet DVD Your Price: $10.49

Puella Magi Madoka Magica -Rebellion- Merchandise Box Set Your Price: $169.98

R.I.P. Requiem in Phonybrian Manga Your Price: $3.99

Sailor Chibi Chibi Moon Sailor Moon Bracelet Your Price: $10.79

Samurai School DVD Your Price: $3.69

Shiki Blu-ray/DVD S.A.V.E. Edition Your Price: $17.49

Snot Rocket and Super Detective DVD Your Price: $1.99

Tantric Stripfighter Trina Manga Your Price: $3.99

Tegami Bachi: Letter Bee (Season 1) Collection 1 DVD Your Price: $17.49

Tegami Bachi: Letter Bee (Season 1) Collection 2 DVD Your Price: $17.49

Tegami Bachi: Letter Bee: Reverse (Season 2) Collection 1 DVD Your Price: $17.49

Tegami Bachi: Letter Bee: Reverse (Season 2) Collection 2 DVD Your Price: $17.49

Toward the Terra Movie DVD (Remastered) Your Price: $5.99

Turn A Gundam Part 1 DVD Your Price: $24.99

Turn A Gundam Part 2 DVD Your Price: $24.99

Weather Report Girl DVD (Remastered) Your Price: $2.99

X Cross Blu-ray Your Price: $3.99

bread's done
Back