Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
The 5 $1.00 Blind Box items I received with my Death Note collection from Rightstuf:

- Kirameki Project Volume 1

- Dragon Hunters Volume 1

- Papuwa Volume 1

- Sakura Diaries Volume 2

- Moribito Volume 4

I've only heard of Moribito but I'm excited to check these DVD's out. Still beats $20 for Attack on Titan bandages.

Curious to see what $5.00 Blind Box items I get in my next order from the recent clearance promotion.

This made my year....amazing and FINALLY! Now if they'd only have another season of the anime! Hopefully the manga wraps up this year, that might get them interested in finishing the anime. Definitely funding this, if just to get a local release on blu-ray with subs :) I'll try the dubs but....generally (with a handful of exceptions) the JP voice actors are great at expressing things.
I'm like 3 chapters behind but unless I missed the entire main cast being shot to death or something like that the series feels pretty darn far from finishing up. I mean even if you decide to just move to the happy ending and skim over the events that would lead to that it would likely take more than the 12 chapters that will come out this year. Like I wouldn't be surprised if skip beat went on for another 10 years or so.

Even as it stands though, with pacing similar to the original anime it would take well over 100 episodes to animate all of skip beat. I mean the manga is twice as long as Full metal alchemist at this point.

Bought AKB0048 on the 10th and it arrived in time for me to trade it in. Spent $40 and is now expecting $120 from the trade in. I do plan on using all of it on anime...

Almost forgot. FYE is having a B1G1 for $1 Used sale in store this week and all their collectibles and other merchandise is on sale this week.

YES. Also, a representative of Pied Piper posted a comment on crunchyroll explaining the need for the dub. Apparently it was part of the licensing deal. So no dub means no release here in North America. I'm hoping that the sub only diehards will still back this.
I will be doing my best to get people to support it.

skip beat was one of my pipe dream to own just like yakitate japan was.

now for someone to bring over dennou coil lol.

Glad I didn't import it.
I'm very glad I did - the Korean releases of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time are awesome. They were only $32 each, and they came in numbered Limited Edition slipcase sets - I got #40 of 1800 in the Lenticular edition, and #61 of 1200 in the Fullslip version:

http://freytheater.com/forum/anime/tgwlttkr/tgwlttkr11.jpg

I was very lucky to get these, as the pre-orders sold out in Korea in a single day. They are sub-only, but I watch all my anime subbed anyway, so they suit me perfectly. Only thing that made them somewhat expensive was the EMS shipping I opted for, to receive them within three days of their release.

I also own the original Bandai Blu-ray release - I bought it in April 2011 while they were still in stock, for just $21 - it was the very first anime I ever purchased on disc. I'll also pick up the Funimation version when it releases, although I'm sure they'll screw up the video quality somehow, just like they do with most of their releases.

Just curious on this one since I haven't bought any Section 23 blus in a while, but did they change the types of cases they use on there blu-rays recently?Just got Beyond The Boundry in and noticed it.

I could live with a release where the PQ or audio is a smidge less the Japanese release,as long am not paying that price for it(granted am not one to care as much since most modern anime looks like crap for the most part).

I will be doing my best to get people to support it.

skip beat was one of my pipe dream to own just like yakitate japan was.

now for someone to bring over dennou coil lol.
I'm a sub only type and I'll support it. Just having it available to buy is huge, I just re-watched it the other day and I love the show. Will happily re-watch on blu, maybe if the dub is good I'll try that out. Also, they could end the Skip Beat manga this year if they wanted to, but I agree it probably won't happen for a few years. They've already setup enough plot conditions that they could use to have a solid ending and be done. I wouldn't be opposed to that as long as it means we get a full anime adaptation :D

I'm a sub only type and I'll support it. Just having it available to buy is huge, I just re-watched it the other day and I love the show. Will happily re-watch on blu, maybe if the dub is good I'll try that out. Also, they could end the Skip Beat manga this year if they wanted to, but I agree it probably won't happen for a few years. They've already setup enough plot conditions that they could use to have a solid ending and be done. I wouldn't be opposed to that as long as it means we get a full anime adaptation :D
Like you, I'm a Sub-only person, but I will support most any crowd-funded anime release, as I just enjoy participating in them. This will be the 8th crowdfunded anime I've participated in... I like shoujo anime (haven't seen this one yet, though), but I'm especially happy to participate in another one of Ann's crowd-funders. I had a lot of direct email contact with her during the 2+ years of her Time of EVE Kickstarter for various reasons, so I'll be looking forward to working with her and supporting another one of her projects!

I likely won't back this one with you guys.

Now I'm just thinking about a remaster of Honey and Clover and I'm annoyed that it popped into my head because it'll never happen.

I'm very glad I did - the Korean releases of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time are awesome. They were only $32 each, and they came in numbered Limited Edition slipcase sets - I got #40 of 1800 in the Lenticular edition, and #61 of 1200 in the Fullslip version:

http://freytheater.com/forum/anime/tgwlttkr/tgwlttkr11.jpg

I was very lucky to get these, as the pre-orders sold out in Korea in a single day. They are sub-only, but I watch all my anime subbed anyway, so they suit me perfectly. Only thing that made them somewhat expensive was the EMS shipping I opted for, to receive them within three days of their release.

I also own the original Bandai Blu-ray release - I bought it in April 2011 while they were still in stock, for just $21 - it was the very first anime I ever purchased on disc. I'll also pick up the Funimation version when it releases, although I'm sure they'll screw up the video quality somehow, just like they do with most of their releases.
Yea they are nice but im alright with the new domestic release.

I would back it if I cared for any shojo's. Am sure it will make it's,and hope this leads to them getting other high-profile shows.
while I won't deny skip beat is a shojo show.... it's not remotely a standard shojo show (at least for the anime it has some very very shojo parts in the manga after the anime)

it's far more focused on being a comedy with real character growth than the romance. I think the most comparable show for it is likely Kaleido Star where you have a strong focus on working to become a top performer except in skip beat she is actually an intelligent well rounded person instead of the airhead I CAN DO ANYTHING person sora is in kaleido star.

while I won't deny skip beat is a shojo show.... it's not remotely a standard shojo show (at least for the anime it has some very very shojo parts in the manga after the anime)

it's far more focused on being a comedy with real character growth than the romance. I think the most comparable show for it is likely Kaleido Star where you have a strong focus on working to become a top performer except in skip beat she is actually an intelligent well rounded person instead of the airhead I CAN DO ANYTHING person sora is in kaleido star.
Speaking of shojo shows, i recently started watching Special A. Its surprisingly good, i think it has just the right amount of humor for me. I think im going to go on a shojo kick after this. Any recommendations?

Speaking of shojo shows, i recently started watching Special A. Its surprisingly good, i think it has the just the right amount of humor for me. I think im going to go on a shojo kick after this. Any recommendations?
Skip Beat :p

ouran high school host club (comedy focused)

Nana (music and drama focused. be prepared to be moved at times and laughing at other times)

Lovely★Complex (nice rom com)

Kimi ni Todoke (standard shojo but very well done)

Nodame Cantabile (technically josei (which is basically shojo aimed at adults) instead of shojo but still has great characters and story)

Ore Monogatari!! (when you get tired of the shojo cliches give this one a watch as it just laughs in the face of them. very fun show)

Kuragehime (josei again, not standard though as it involves a bunch of outcast females)

Honey and Clover (also josei also should note it's a very very slow burn)

Kodomo no Omocha (this one is goofy but fun)

Kaleido Star (If you don't mind optimistic main characters)

Full Moon wo Sagashite (despite the fact that this is the story about a young girl that has throat cancer.... it's mostly not depressing >.<)

and there are many other great shojo shows I have seen, but the final one to add to this list... is of course THE SHOJO SHOW...

fruits basket.

I'll second Lovely Complex (all kansai dialect which is entertaining), Kimi ni Todoke (great show), and of course Skip Beat.

Skip Beat :p

ouran high school host club (comedy focused)

Nana (music and drama focused. be prepared to be moved at times and laughing at other times)

Lovely★Complex (nice rom com)

Kimi ni Todoke (standard shojo but very well done)

Nodame Cantabile (technically josei (which is basically shojo aimed at adults) instead of shojo but still has great characters and story)

Ore Monogatari!! (when you get tired of the shojo cliches give this one a watch as it just laughs in the face of them. very fun show)

Kuragehime (josei again, not standard though as it involves a bunch of outcast females)

Honey and Clover (also josei also should note it's a very very slow burn)

Kodomo no Omocha (this one is goofy but fun)

Kaleido Star (If you don't mind optimistic main characters)

Full Moon wo Sagashite (despite the fact that this is the story about a young girl that has throat cancer.... it's mostly not depressing >.<)

and there are many other great shojo shows I have seen, but the final one to add to this list... is of course THE SHOJO SHOW...

fruits basket.
Only watched Ouran and Fruits Basket. Both were good to me. No one mentioned my personal favorite Kaicho wa Maid Sama. I think i like the comedy aspect more than the romance parts which is why i gravitate to those types of shows... I didn't know that there was a genre called josei. There more you know

A young girl with throat cancer who wants to be a singer.

It's pretty depressing. But fairly great.

All of her characters look identical though (young Mitsuki wasn't her design).
Yeah, I dont think i could watch that. I get bummed out pretty easily.

Only watched Ouran and Fruits Basket. Both were good to me. No one mentioned my personal favorite Kaicho wa Maid Sama. I think i like the comedy aspect more than the romance parts which is why i gravitate to those types of shows... I didn't know that there was a genre called josei. There more you know

Yeah, I dont think i could watch that. I get bummed out pretty easily.
maid sama would have been included if I continued down the line for a bit I was just posting my absolute favorites. maid sama is fun but not amazing :p

also seriously... it's not as depressing as it sounds.

look how cheerful opening 2 is.

I mean I was debating chihiyafaru as well as it's a sports anime but very shojo, but also competitive poetry

I mean I was debating chihiyafaru as well as it's a sports anime but very shojo, but also competitive poetry
I really enjoyed that show. I didn't really think of it as shojo since the focus was more around karuta, but I can see those aspects in it when I think about it more. You should watch it.

Well, if you have a Japanese Wii U, Nintendo just announced that the latest Super Mario Maker costume is going to be Chitoge from Nisekoi.

Well, if you have a Japanese Wii U, Nintendo just announced that the latest Super Mario Maker costume is going to be Chitoge from Nisekoi.
whoa where did that come from?
Got my love live season 2 premium edition now I wish I had gotten the first one but I waited for the dub and didn't feel like paying twice.

Almost forgot. FYE is having a B1G1 for $1 Used sale in store this week and all their collectibles and other merchandise is on sale this week.
Thanks for the heads-up.

Hey, now funi can do a Hosoda compilation set. This could be exciting.
I don't know who that (or Nisekoi) is but that will probably be the only way I check those titles out.

PS: I couldn't make it through the first episode of Ouran. If this is the main show in whatever genre this is in, count me out.

I don't know who that (or Nisekoi) is but that will probably be the only way I check those titles out.
Nisekoi is a rom com manga running in Shonen Jump. It's actually in the US Weekly Shonen Jump and has acquired a large fanbase through it. I think it's actually the 3rd most popular series there after One Punch Man and My Hero Academia.

I must have missed the memo about Nisekoi being the $hit, normally I'm all about ecchi harems, but there was something about it that I just didn't care for. Gave it about 10 eps and was just done.

Haven't watched the anime, but the manga is pretty fun fluff. Nothing groundbreaking or even new, but it's entertaining and charming, especially for being a ripoff of Love Hina.

Thanks for the heads-up.

PS: I couldn't make it through the first episode of Ouran. If this is the main show in whatever genre this is in, count me out.
Hosoda is the director for The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, Summer Wars, and Wolf Children. And also the Digimon movie. He has a pretty distinctive style. During past funimation sales, funi did some movie bundles which were a mishmash of Summer wars and Akira or something like that. With TGWLTT, they now have the rights to all 3 of the Hosoda movies. So they might release a bundle or do a sale for all three at some point.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Ouran is a bit more off the beaten path than the normal shojo. The first episode isn't bad but the series doesn't really hit its stride for a few episodes. (the first episode is only really decent if you didn't read what the show was about before watching it)

it does scare some people off with the twins pretending to be lovers though.

really a better place to start might be kimi ni todoke if you are looking for more of a pure romance

Nana if you are looking for more mature themes.

or maybe nodame if you are looking for more of a comedy with a heavy focus on characters still.

beyond that shojo isn't for everyone.

Sounds like a good plan. I remember watching Summer Wars on Toonami and liking it.

My latest Rightstuf order arrived in a big box. It included:

- Towano Quon (Blu Ray)

- Detroit Metal City

- Girls Und Panzer

- Otaku no Video

- Shinobi Complete Collection

- Ghost Hunters 1

So why were these DVD's and one Blu Ray in such a large box?? To make room for the latest selection of 3 Blind Box items I ordered @ $5 each. I kid you not, when stacked they are twice the size of my original order and best of all I've never owned them.

They are:

- Robotech Remastered 6: Contains a box for 2 DVD's AND a box with a Robotech figurine.

- Robotech New Generation Collection 7: Contains 2 DVD's and a bonus disc w/ extras

- Gatchaman Collection 2: Contains 2 DVD's and a bonus disc w/ extras

Always heard about these shows but never saw them before. All are ADV releases. 

Lol. Nisekoi. Probably another 200 chapters before we see it freakin end.
Well,
the manga has already gotten rid of three of Raku's harem, with a third likely getting tossed soon, and Raku has realized that he is in a true love triangle with Chitoge and Onodera, so it seems like it's heading to a conclusion sooner rather than later. Granted, I expect it to last until the fall at the earliest, but I don't think it can go another 200 chapters the way the story is going right now.

Naw its about to end soon. The light bulb finally went on for Raku
I know. I always joke about how long Nisekoi could become with my friends since if it weren't for all the dilly dallying, the manga would be over by now. At least it won't give me a bullshit twist like Fuuka did. Made me drop that manga, cuz fk that twist.

And yep. What Square said. Another 200 chapters before Raku decides to do something

bread's done
Back