Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm mad I paid 12 for children about a month ago. I would get he is my master for my wife, but, yeah, shipping kills this deal.

I'm mad I paid 12 for children about a month ago. I would get he is my master for my wife, but, yeah, shipping kills this deal.
I passed on he is my master since it was the sub only version even though there is a dub version (at least I think it was)

and there is free shipping at $75 if you can get there :p

How would I like Hidamari Sketch if I like Azumanga Daioh, Nichijou, K-On, Ichigo Mashimaro...if I like SOL and moe..

How would I like Hidamari Sketch if I like Azumanga Daioh, Nichijou, K-On, Ichigo Mashimaro...if I like SOL and moe..
It's a little on the slow side and very shaft.

If you haven't seen 'em here are some recs

Yuru Yuri

Non non biyori

kiniro mosaic

Is the order a rabbit?

Minami-ke

It's a little on the slow side and very shaft.

If you haven't seen 'em here are some recs
Yuru Yuri
Non non biyori
kiniro mosaic
Is the order a rabbit?
Minami-ke
Yuru yuri is my jam. Was planning on checking out non non biyori next. And hoping for a minami-ke DVD release so I can check that out.

Kind of tempted to get Hell Girl...seems like that's cheaper than anywhere else
If you ever plan on getting them I suggest getting it now. I went on a mission to get the whole series for as cheap as possible earlier this year. They pretty much never get that low and I wouldn't be surprised if you can't find them for a reasonable price in a year or two.

And English dubbed, you say ...

Interesting ...

ActualFeistyBettong.gif

You forgot to mention that it seems to have the original dub cast so more hype
I figured the trailer was enough, plus the dub is the reason why I am excited.

Though only the main gang is back. Jake Martin retired from voice acting, so Doug Erholtz is playing Zenigata.

From the creator of "Sword Art Online in 5 Minutes" and "Tokyo Ghoul in 5 Minutes" comes the next episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuyxcKsFWhI

Got my sentai package today free shipping only took 2 days so that's cool. Also says shipped from rightstuf, wasn't aware rightstuf ships out and distributes for other companies. The box was rightstuf form factor sentai branded.

Nozomi has released details for the Turn A Gundam upgrade offer. You must have the complete set, including coverart and case, and it costs $25 to upgrade to Blu-ray. To upgrade, you need to fill out this form (http://www.rightstufanime.com/turn-a-upgrade) and send it in with your DVD copy. Offer expires March 7, 2017.
So is it 25 for each set? Seems right now they're just asking for us to send in set 1. So overall that would be an additional charge of $50...

I don't really see the point. The DVD sets have great quality already. I don't think anybody is going to bother doing this plan. Seems rightstuff benefits more from it than the consumer.

Plenty of people are going to take advantage of the offer simply because "Blue-rayz R kewl!"
It's fun to hate but there are good reasons why someone would prefer having the blu-rays over the dvds. For example: higher picture quality, scratch-resistant discs, clear case, and future proofing (resale value/unlikely 4k release).

It's fun to hate but there are good reasons why someone would prefer having the blu-rays over the dvds. For example: higher picture quality, scratch-resistant discs, clear case, and future proofing (resale value/unlikely 4k release).
Agree, I love my BD collection of anime. Some of the stuff looks amazing.

Speaking of Blu-ray, what's the cheapest the Toradora set has gone for. I see that rightstuf has it on "sale" for 98. Once again, the got anime membership doesn't apply.

Turn A already has a pretty high picture quality and comes in a clear case.

In other news, FUNimation has officially announced they're dubbing Dragonball Super.

Speaking of Blu-ray, what's the cheapest the Toradora set has gone for. I see that rightstuf has it on "sale" for 98. Once again, the got anime membership doesn't apply.
30 pounds from Amazon UK, which is about $39. Need a region-free blu-ray player to play it.

Some people simply have no discerning taste in visual quality.

(i.e. the primary reason I watch anime in the first place)

Is there recommended players for this?
I have a cheap sekei region free player that I picked up from Sears. No one is really allowed to make a region free player(this could have changed since I bought it). I think it would be easier to buy a player from Amazon UK too.

I'll do a little more digging around and see what I can find.

Nozomi announced more Gundam titles for 2017. No specific dates yet.

- Mobile Suit Gundam Movie Trilogy on Blu-ray
- Mobile Suit Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory + Afterglow of Zeon Collection on DVD and Blu-ray
- Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team on DVD & Blu-ray
- MS IGLOO on DVD and Blu-ray

And in non-Gundam news, Galaxy Angel Blu-ray comes out February 7th.

Scratch-resistant discs are one of the major reasons I prefer blurays. The bluray cases take up less space on a shelf as well. I plan on trading in my dvd for the Turn-A bluray upgrade.

I have a cheap sekei region free player that I picked up from Sears. No one is really allowed to make a region free player(this could have changed since I bought it). I think it would be easier to buy a player from Amazon UK too.

I'll do a little more digging around and see what I can find.
Definitely changed their policies on this. I just bought a region free blu ray from amazon made by sony for like...$130.

Definitely changed their policies on this. I just bought a region free blu ray from amazon made by sony for like...$130.
But that Sony player was modded after-the-fact by the company that sold it on Amazon - either 220 Electronics, Bombay Electronics, or Multisystem-Electronics - Blu-ray players don't come region free straight from Sony or any of the other mainstream manufacturers like Samsung, LG, or Pioneer.

But that Sony player was modded after-the-fact by the company that sold it on Amazon - either 220 Electronics, Bombay Electronics, or Multisystem-Electronics - Blu-ray players don't come region free straight from Sony or any of the other mainstream manufacturers like Samsung, LG, or Pioneer.
Definitely this. They may have eased up on the rules a bit as Amazon never allowed it. You had to some sketchy looking websites before.

Just remember too if you decide to go for a straight Region B Blu-ray player from Amazon UK, that they're going to be setup for 220-240v and not 110-120v, and have a different style plug on the end of the power cord - if the unit doesn't have a switchable 240v/120v power supply, which it most likely won't, you'll also need to purchase a voltage up-converter with the proper UK-style outlet in it, to be able to use the player with US 120v outlets... 

Anyone know why Funimation can continue to sell the second season of code geass with its known issue? Curious

I guess because they don't see it as that big of an issue. They didn't even recall it nor did they even offer a voluntary recall instead they were pressured to allow replacement so they are probably hoping for those who care enough to get theirs replaced and everyone else to just ignore it. It costs money to replace all those so if they can avoid it and it's not a danger to them legally I guess they will.

Even though it may not be the right thing to do, it's much easier on their end to fix the issue for the small percentage of people who find out about it compared to recalling all the sets they shipped.

While I agree the cost/benefit analysis for mass recalling the existing copies is fair (if shortsighted), i think continuing to sell a known defective product is a step above.

Since funimation hasn't elaborated on their plan I can't say much but I'm assuming they don't want to replace any they have shipped out to any retailers if they don't have to so probably a majority or their stock maybe if/when they print more they will include the fixed audio seeing as us who requeated a replacement arent getting ours for 6-8 weeks I would assume that if they do another press that includes the fixed audio it will not be until after 6-8 weeks and if they don't say anything about it , it will only make it harder to know if you got a fixed copy or not before buying. I wish they would have just did what ponycan did with sound euphonium season 1 and just sent out replacements to everyone who bought without any work on our part. I didn't even know it had audio issues until I received my replacement discs. Its all just business decisions and since funimation is trying to stick to the affordable market with lots of customers they probably would prefer to avoid such an expense they have 1,000`s of customers only piping 30-60 on each set most won't even notice and the few that do is still leads a loss than the cost for total recall vs ponycan which is focused on high cost enthusiast collectors who may not pop another $100 if they had a defective product.

At least that's how I view it but idk since I don't work at funimation

This December, I plan on buying either the Gurren Lagann blu-ray volumes or one of the two Fate Stay/Night UBW sets. My question to you guys is, which do you think run a higher chance of becoming OOP first? I would hate for any of them to go OOP  before I get a chance to buy them at retail price. I'm asking because when I first began collecting, I put off buying the Fate Zero sets and they ended going OOP. For a long time they were more than double the retail price. I feel pretty fortunate that I could get the Fate Zero reprints this past October but I'm not sure about these sets. Gurren Lagann already got a complete series collector's release so I'm leaning towards getting the volumes first but I'd like to here your opinions. Thanks.  O:)

bread's done
Back