Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish Toonami aired more Sentai titles because there is a great chance I haven't seen it. I loved Parasyte although $50 a set is a bit much for me. Akame Ga Kill did nothing for me, and while Grave of the Fireflies is good, it's not exactly a title I would feel comfortable watching again.

or they are just trying to clear out inventory.

I mean if anything is going on it seems like the most likely end result will be amazon absorbing them after the anime strike stuff.
What anime strike? Also, I suspect they saw the results of their first sale and said "Holy shit, we actually make money when our prices aren't crazy! Let's do this more!". So yeah, I think these sales are 1) As zulu said a way to clear inventory and 2) they are probably making good money

I mean if anything is going on it seems like the most likely end result will be amazon absorbing them after the anime strike stuff.
After reading this, I went online to see which anime company was going on strike. I also wondered what sort of demands would make them strike in the first place. Working conditions? Pay?

So today I learned that Anime Strike is a thing. I just thought I'd share that so you guys could get a chuckle out of it too.

What anime strike? Also, I suspect they saw the results of their first sale and said "Holy shit, we actually make money when our prices aren't crazy! Let's do this more!". So yeah, I think these sales are 1) As zulu said a way to clear inventory and 2) they are probably making good money

After reading this, I went online to see which anime company was going on strike. I also wondered what sort of demands would make them strike in the first place. Working conditions? Pay?

So today I learned that Anime Strike is a thing. I just thought I'd share that so you guys could get a chuckle out of it too.
I realize that I forgot to capitalize >.> my bad.

Anime Strike is the add on video service to anime prime (costs $5 a month on top of prime) that snagged 10 or so shows of the season in NA.

the majority of them being sentai shows. Thus all but one of Sentai's pick up this season and 3 of the aniplex shows this season are Anime Strike exclusive if you want to watch them legally.

Damn, I would have rather had gotten the two standard sets for $28 than the large AgK for $50.
Same here. The Akame premium sets were much larger than I expected. That's a lot of shelf space taken up for just one show. They could've easily packaged the blurays with the DVDs instead of the separate cases. This was my first--and probably last--premium anime set.

I was actually didappointed that it wasn't slightly larger. If it had been, I could have put all the discs in one box and all the extras in the other one.

It reminded me of some of the old funimation releases where stuff didn't always match from disc to disc, or boxes were oddly sized (or both like Spice and Wolf).

Love lab was a surprise hit for me. It's funny. If you like animes like yuru yuri you'll like it.

Other mentions:
Akb0048 isn't a bad pick up at its price (if your into idol anime)
Angle beats is pretty good I finally picked it up on db during the RS sale
Another was a pretty good horror
Clannad/after story is one hell of a slice of Life but skip the movie its a waste of your time
I'm on the first page and could go on I have seen way to much. Honesty if a title looks intreging post here for an opinion because if I made a list of all the titles that are good that are on the sale it is going to take too long. A genre might also help us narrow the suggestions.

In other news got my $15 in stuf bucks so I'm gonna have to make another RS order so those don't go to waste.

Lastly anyone license New Game yet, that show is wifu trash and I need it on my shelf

What kind of shows do you like?
Just about everything.

Love lab was a surprise hit for me. It's funny. If you like animes like yuru yuri you'll like it.

Other mentions:
Akb0048 isn't a bad pick up at its price (if your into idol anime)
Angle beats is pretty good I finally picked it up on db during the RS sale
Another was a pretty good horror
Clannad/after story is one hell of a slice of Life but skip the movie its a waste of your time
I'm on the first page and could go on I have seen way to much. Honesty if a title looks intreging post here for an opinion because if I made a list of all the titles that are good that are on the sale it is going to take too long. A genre might also help us narrow the suggestions.

In other news got my $15 in stuf bucks so I'm gonna have to make another RS order so those don't go to waste.

Lastly anyone license New Game yet, that show is wifu trash and I need it on my shelf
Love Lab? Hm, I will check more on that.

I watch Idol anime (because of girlfriend) and don't mind them, though I don't see myself collecting/buying.

I saw Angel Beats and Clannad as well as owning the latter (both seasons). Yeah, the movie is completely different.

Another, I'll think about it. Thank you for the help.

I'm just going to name some shows regardless of how good the "deal" is. I'm pretty sure some of these shows have been cheaper in the past...

Akikan(so bad it's good)

Amagi Brilliant Park

Azumanga Daioh

Beyond the Boundary

Clannad

Detroit Metal City

Demon King Daimao

Elfen Lied

Engaged to the Unidentified

Fate/Kaleid (the loli spinoff is better than the main Fate series.)

Golden Time

I Couldn't Become a Hero, So I reluctantly Decided to Get a Job

Invaders of the Rokujyoma( needs a 2nd season, but wont get it)

Kampfer(also in that so bad its good territory) 

Love Lab

Maid Sama (GF will love it)

Monthly Girls Nozaki 

Snafu

No Game No Life ( seriously this is a great show and you should own it)

Pet Girl

Problem Children are Coming from Another World

Tsukihime

We need more of this like a second season!
I guess at least we are getting this:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-07-17/no-game-no-life-fantasy-light-novels-get-anime-film/.104415
yup..

the series adapts books 1-3

the movie is book 6 (a prequel movie)

ideally we get more though if they adapt books 4-5 it's definitely going to increase the ecchiness >.<:

books 1-5 are also officially translated in english. they are a fun read with some differences from the anime (in general the anime is better :p)

Rgh, something I bought during the last sale is cheaper now. I was feeling like I overpaid on that one. Dems the breaks.

Also, I see why Kokoro Connect(TV) is cheaper now. Because they released a complete collection that includes the ova.

I'm hoping for bluray release of Kobayashi Maid Dragon and Gabriel Dropout.

So I decided to cave on the sale and picked up 

the rest of space brothers

the rest of familiar of zero 

chu2 heart throb 

Probably my last big purchase for awhile. 

Also I am so happy to hear funimation licensed Hyouka I cannot wait to get this on Bluray this series is seriously great. 

Also we are getting a dub of AnoHana series from aniplex so I guess NISamerica lost rights to the series, Not happy that this will be priced high ($120?) but hopeful it will be a nice collectors set. 

Also we are getting a dub of AnoHana series from aniplex so I guess NISamerica lost rights to the series, Not happy that this will be priced high ($120?) but hopeful it will be a nice collectors set.
Great news, been waiting forever for this! Will probably be the only Aniplex set I ever purchase. Unless Anime Limited releases it as well. In which case I will just import. Very Clannad-like show.

I really hope AnoHana comes to Netflix.  Also, if no one else has mentioned it, Funimation has rescued Record of Lodoss war OVA, and TV, and is releasing them as one set.

I really hope AnoHana comes to Netflix. Also, if no one else has mentioned it, Funimation has rescued Record of Lodoss war OVA, and TV, and is releasing them as one set.
Noooooooooo! I only need the TV series. Already have the U.S. Manga Corps box of the OVA series.

Noooooooooo! I only need the TV series. Already have the U.S. Manga Corps box of the OVA series.
Yeah, I wish they were releasing it separately too. I already have both on DVD, but want the OVA on BD, but I don't need another copy of the TV on DVD =/

Okay, I looked it back up, the OVAs are being released as a blu-ray dvd combo pack, the tv series on dvd only, and they are also releasing them together as a combo pack

Take the plunge and buy the blu ray since they will most likely release a blu ray set .
It is on BD, just also with the TV series on DVD.

Okay, I looked it back up, the OVAs are being released as a blu-ray dvd combo pack, the tv series on dvd only, and they are also releasing them together as a combo pack
Have they said something that they are releasing the OVA and TV separately? All I see on Funi and RightStuf is the single combo pack with both the TV and OVA (Ova on BD/DVD, TV on DVD).

Ugh... picked up a few items with FYE's used B2G1 for a dollar deal and it turns out the main item I wanted in the first place (Attack on Titan Movie #1) has a 1 inch crack in the center of the disc going all the way into the data. /facepalm

Oh, I understood the press release that they were doing both individual and dual.  I may sell my dvds, and buy the combo pack. (I have both the tv series and the ovas)

I browse FYE often, but I could count on one hand the number of times I actually bought anything there. They're usually too expensive, even during B2G1 sales.
I'm about the same. I was super surprised to find 3 things I even wanted.

It's kind of sad. Once they had to close a bunch of stores, all their trade values for stuff tanked and they stopped getting solid used stuff in. I used to find so much good anime there and amassed a small fortune in credit by flipping ebay lots to them. Nowadays, they're basically a junk toy store with DVDs on the side (Basically GameStop xD).

Oooh, I got some good deals at the FYE sale, I bought the following DVD titles.:

Buy 2, Get 1 for $1 All Used:

$15.99 - Black Cat: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E. Edition)

$  1.00 - Cross Ange: Rondo of Angels and Dragons: Collection 1

$15.99 - Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E. Edition)

$14.99 - Fafner: The Complete Series + Fafner: Heaven & Earth Movie (S.A.V.E. Edition)

$17.99 - Galilei Donna

$  1.00 - Good Luck Girl!: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E. Edition)

$15.99 - Medaka Box: Complete Collection

$17.99 - Michiko & Hatchin: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E. Edition)

$  1.00 - The Sacred Blacksmith: The Complete Series (S.A.V.E. Edition)

Sentai Filmworks Studio Sale:

$14.99 - Aoharu x Machinegun: Complete Collection

$  8.00 - Utawarerumono OVA: Complete Collection

Grand total with tax: $132.43

Average price paid per title: $12.04

So with the last sentai sale I picked up the remainder of space brothers on bluray volume 2-end. I hadn't actually started volume 1 that I got from the $5/$10 RS sale months back so I decided to jump in since it looked pretty good. 26 episodes later and I have enjoyed pretty much every moment of it, and I'm only 1/4 the way through the series. Also the spines all line up to make a picture which is sweet.

Figure this is as good a spot as any since no one goes to the lifestyle section, but I will be traveling to Japan in Sept for TGS. First time in the country. Yet I don't speak the language. Any advice? Places to visit?

bread's done
Back