Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hot garbage! It's the poor man's SAO (which itself isn't that good). Take being stuck in a video game and subtract any sense of urgency about trying to leave add bland characters, an even blander story. And Bad artwork.

TLDR
Your waifu is Shit
Lol, I'd probably give Log Horizon a 6.5/10. My biggest gripe was also that sense of urgency. They eventually somewhat start to address it towards the end of the show, but then we don't get a proper ending so who knows. I think if you can get it for a good price, it's entertaining to watch, but your analogy is fairly accurate.

Haven't even heard of those. Will have to look into it.
I'm shocked "problem children are coming from another world" didn't get a second season. It had good characters, without being too cliche, and the bunny girl was really popular for a bit.

Free shipping on orders totaling over $75.00. Not sure what they charge for shipping on orders below that to be perfectly honest, kinda depends on whether or not they use USPS Media Mail.
Every order I've placed with Sentai (with free shipping) has been sent 2-day priority mail.

https://shop.sentaifilmworks.com/collections/october-sale-2017?utm_source=Sentai&utm_medium=Banner&utm_campaign=octoberSale-Carousel-1

e06d4e50-87a4-4825-bec3-9d33199c9f2d.jpg

Looks like the Akira 35th anniversary manga box set near-release-date prices are rolling out at Amazon and B&N; however, not the absolute cheapest as it was $4 cheaper at Amazon a few months back if a pre-order was locked in. I really want this set but heck if I'm trusting either of those companies to ship it. Anyone know if either will actually protect the product considering how large it is?

Amazon is Amazon, but I've only bought from B&N once. It was the Death Note Omega edition along with the two Akame ga Kill singles and some other box set I can't remember off the top of my head. They came in an oversized box with one air packet, yet, somehow nothing was damaged -- only the box looked like it went through hell.

Looks like the Akira 35th anniversary manga box set near-release-date prices are rolling out at Amazon and B&N; however, not the absolute cheapest as it was $4 cheaper at Amazon a few months back if a pre-order was locked in.
When was it cheaper? I pre-ordered on May 8th, thought I was pretty dang early on it. Looks like at the time of my order it was $119.19; now it is $107.99. Theoretically if it ever went lower between May 8th and now, I should have it at that price, so it must have been before then?

When was it cheaper? I pre-ordered on May 8th, thought I was pretty dang early on it. Looks like at the time of my order it was $119.19; now it is $107.99. Theoretically if it ever went lower between May 8th and now, I should have it at that price, so it must have been before then?
On 5/4 it was $104.

On 5/4 it was $104.
Thanks - also just realized I could have asked the camel that question :p Kind of annoying that I didn't get it at the lowest, but also glad it went down again. This is already pretty expensive for me, someone that doesn't really collect manga. Am interested in reading this though. I liked the anime and hear the manga is even better.

Thanks - also just realized I could have asked the camel that question :p Kind of annoying that I didn't get it at the lowest, but also glad it went down again. This is already pretty expensive for me, someone that doesn't really collect manga. Am interested in reading this though. I liked the anime and hear the manga is even better.
I'm in the same boat. I love the movie but never got around to reading the manga especially after learning that the images in the original two releases were mirrored. Now we're finally getting a legit release like how the art was intended. Still wondering how it'll ship, though. I can wait to buy months from now but fear it'll never get this cheap again. I'll go through hell with Amazon and returns if I need to. Actually, now that I think about it, B&N may be cheaper since Amazon charges tax.

Edit: Gah, I gave in and ordered from Amazon. The fact that B&N expects the customer to pay for shipping their poorly packaged product back is ridiculous. $6 tax for a little more peace of mind is worth it, I suppose. Rightstuf will not likely have this on sale at such a price any time soon. Based off their Kodansha sales, the lowest it'll be is 33% off.

I went to a antique store today since yard sales were about all rained out. Found a small stack of anime magazines and got them for $10. Included in the stack were six low number issues of "Protoculture Addicts" and "Animerica: Vol. 1, No.2".

rightstuf already has info up about their holiday sale

https://www.rightstufanime.com/sale-coming-soon

and if you get their catologue it has a card in it to scratch off for a discount code. mine was a massive 5% off but it sounds like it will stack with the holiday sale :p
I remember getting some of those cards from their stupidly overpriced booth at AX. They were trying to sell those poster carrier things for $10+, the same exact ones you could buy from Daiso Japan for $4. :lol:

All the cards were 5% off. Lol.

On 5/4 it was $104.
Not sure when or how, but my order details show a total price of $102.49. I preordered on February 11, 2017. Mine was shipped and expected to arrive tomorrow via 2-day shipping.

I was also able to apply the Big Thanks promo when that was available and that dropped the price another $8.63. After tax, final total is $100.92.

My "A Silent Voice" BD shipped from Amazon UK today and hopefully my Skip Beat! BD as well. Could be an awesome weekend or a disappointment of nothing delivered before the weekend :)

Did everyone get their 5%off coupon for supporting kickbeat from rightsuff? Does anyone else feel like they're not even trying anymore with sales/deals/coupons?

Can't even remember the last time I bought something from RS.

Had they not been fulfilling Skip Beat, I don't think there would've been anything since Sentai sales have been crushing them.

I bought nothing from Rightstuf the first half of the year, and only pre-ordered a handful of titles the second half of the year. I've been importing almost everything from Japan and the UK instead - over 50 titles imported just this year so far. I also have a significant number of Aniplex titles to catch up on, so yeah - coupons from RS won't have much value to me... I'll probably order a few Funi LE sets during the Holiday sales, so hopefully some of those released last year or earlier this year will be covered by the coupon. 

I wouldn't be surprised if the Holiday Sale coupon in the catalog says that it's not valid for sales items, lol... 

My question is - they coerce you into splitting up your Holiday Sales orders up into multiple $50 orders, so you have more chances of winning a $250 RS gift card, but then, is the coupon code only good for a one-time order, or throughout the entire Holiday Sale, for multiple orders? I'm sure it's just one order...

I had to check my purchase history to even see when my last order was made to RightStuf. More recent than I'd thought it was, February 21st, 2016. They apparently had some crazy DVD sale going on as this is what I got:

$5.00 - AKB0048
$5.00 - AKB0048: Next Stage
$5.00 - Fate/stay Night: Complete Collection
$5.00 - Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya
$5.00 - Girls und Panzer: Complete TV Series
$5.00 - Phi-Brain: Season 1, Part 1
$5.00 - Phi-Brain: Season 1, Part 2
$5.00 - Phi-Brain: Season 2, Part 1
$5.00 - Phi-Brain: Season 2, Part 2
$5.00 - Planzet
$5.00 - Un-Go
total: $55.00

Why did I not hear about this until today?

http://animenyc.com/

There hasn't been an official anime convention in new york since NYCC swallowed up NYAF in 2012. They really gotta work on their marketing if they want this thing to be a success.

There hasn't been an official anime convention in new york since NYCC swallowed up NYAF in 2012. They really gotta work on their marketing if they want this thing to be a success.
Well, if both their Full Weekend and Saturday badges are all sold out already, they can't be doing too bad... Only Friday and Sunday badges remain.

This is the very first one ever and hopefully, they hit a homerun with its first run. I already purchased the Weekend tickets. NYCC advantage is the mixed of both worlds (comic and anime/manga) and variety of its adaptation, especially like Walking Dead and MCU Movies. Anime NYC is purely anime, so it's only one criteria to be looking forward to. That said I think it's doing good so far. They just have to keep it together for the Weekend, so next year could be the same or even bigger.

I had to check my purchase history to even see when my last order was made to RightStuf. More recent than I'd thought it was, February 21st, 2016. They apparently had some crazy DVD sale going on as this is what I got:
I remember this sale it was great I bought everything you did with exception of phibran

So I'm interested in picking up a nendoroid from RightStuf, but there is this weird surcharge that is being tacked on to the order. It's also adding a shipping charge. I don't understand what the deal is. Is this common for RightStuf? Is there a better place to get nendoroids? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!

So I'm interested in picking up a nendoroid from RightStuf, but there is this weird surcharge that is being tacked on to the order. It's also adding a shipping charge. I don't understand what the deal is. Is this common for RightStuf? Is there a better place to get nendoroids? Any info is appreciated. Thanks!
I bought a figure from them once. I remember the surcharge, which I'm pretty sure was for shipping since they said it wasn't eligible for free shipping. Weird if they're charging you both.

The surcharges are ridiculous and makes ordering any figure from rightstuf worthless. I looked at Gunpla during a sale once and they wanted a $20 surcharge on a $15 kit

Yeah it's stupid try using http://otakumode.com I have used them for several figures decent prices with cash back if ur gonna spend enough to get more than $12 back I recommend paying for premium it pays for it's self if you plan to order more than once.
Coupon: GIFT - For $3 off
I could get you a 5% off coupon too but it would be an affiliate link which I think may not be allowed in CAG

I need another sale like this. Or Sentai to do something themselves.

so angel beats is cheap on the sentai store on blu ray

https://www.resetera.com/threads/angel-beats-blu-ray-is-going-out-of-print-heavily-discounted-on-sentai-store.3671/

$18.40 after discount using code FAREWELL since it is going out of print.

Maybe one final DVD sale (80-85% off?) to get rid of their stock once and for all?
mostly I just need them to include chihiyafuru for me to look again. if that one was included I would likely pick up other cheap series I don't own lol.
Maybe one final DVD sale (80-85% off?) to get rid of their stock once and for all?

Yeah it's stupid try using http://otakumode.com I have used them for several figures decent prices with cash back if ur gonna spend enough to get more than $12 back I recommend paying for premium it pays for it's self if you plan to order more than once.
Coupon: GIFT - For $3 off
I could get you a 5% off coupon too but it would be an affiliate link which I think may not be allowed in CAG
Thanks for the info! Pre-ordered the nendo I wanted. The nice part is that they offered free shipping for new customers. Now to wait until 2018 for this to make its way to me.

bread's done
Back