Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
So...that Love Hina bootleg I posted about before?

Yea...GoHastings sent me something worse:

20140113_192617-1.jpg

20140113_192649-1.jpg

EDIT: Well, the discs are the actual ones at least.

Two disc 3s? Awesome!

I managed to score a copy of Big O season 2 over the weekend for $20, which is great since I've been on the hunt since the whole Bandai thing happened.

Bleh...They quietly removed the MN location on the Evangelion 3.0 US theater list. Now I am back to being pissed about them delaying Blu-ray -.-
That's a shame. I went to see it with a buddy here in Portland, and it was awesome. It did cut off like 15 seconds before the end at this big, important part, though. We all thought that it was some horrible cliff hanger, but the projector just screwed up lol.

Maid cafes > Cat cafes
What about cat-girl maid cafes?

Anyone my buddies daughter is starting to get into anime, he asked me about some age appropriate demon/monster anime. She is 8 years old. Off the top of my head i said, "My bride is a mermaid", Rosario Vampire, and Chibi Vampire. Anyone have any good reccomendations to add?

Anyone my buddies daughter is starting to get into anime, he asked me about some age appropriate demon/monster anime. She is 8 years old. Off the top of my head i said, "My bride is a mermaid", Rosario Vampire, and Chibi Vampire. Anyone have any good reccomendations to add?
I'm not sure Rosario Vampire is what an 8 year-old girl wants to watch. It's basically a harem anime with a modest amount of fanservice.

I could recommend Sqt. Frog, Squid Girl, any (all) Studio Ghibli films, Digimon, and Pokemon. There aren't really that many monster anime out there that aren't overtly sexual or overtly violent.

NO. All 3 of those series are aimed at older teenage males. Those are not shows for an 8-year-old girl.

For a girl her age, the only "monster" shows available in English are the various Mon shows like Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, Zatch Bell, etc. Unless you wanna count something like Samurai Pizza Cats. It's also really rare and out of print nowadays, but Dragon Drive is another option.

EDIT: I second the Ghibli suggestion, but not Princess Mononoke. There's enough blood in that movie to fill Lake Erie.

I would pre-view Sgt. Frog first. Most of the humor, especially the dub, is OK, but there are some sexual innuendo and Natsumi does get put in some compromising positions, though not nearly as often as the manga.

EDITx2: This describes about 75% of the Rosario+Vampire anime:

rosario0401wg0.gif

I was still trying to find a Utena cafe for us to meet up in, but I gave up halfway and went to a cat cafe to sulk in failure, and play with cats.
My god, if only one existed. I did get to an Utena production materials exhibit in Osaka back in August, though, and that was HEAVEN.

As others have said, none of those are appropriate for an 8-year old girl.

Nope, you are not alone. I wanna see it too.
I regret not keeping a photo log of my loot from the last six months. And now all of it was taken back to America over the holiday. I suppose it's never too late to start over now that I have plenty of empty shelves to fill all over again...

I regret not keeping a photo log of my loot from the last six months. And now all of it was taken back to America over the holiday. I suppose it's never too late to start over now that I have plenty of empty shelves to fill all over again...
imgur that stuff.

(EDIT was expecting a shaq fu for saying sh*t, guess that's gone now?)

Elfen Lied: Complete Collection + OVA is $27.69 right now on AMZ. It has gotten to $26 but I think that is the lowest it has been. Not sure if I should get it or not. Oddly enough when I asked you guy about Okmai-San I went ahead and got it. I agree the show should have been longer. I really hope the do a season 2.

Elfen Lied: Complete Collection + OVA is $27.69 right now on AMZ. It has gotten to $26 but I think that is the lowest it has been. Not sure if I should get it or not. Oddly enough when I asked you guy about Okmai-San I went ahead and got it. I agree the show should have been longer. I really hope the do a season 2.
I just picked it up for $23.99 from DVD Planet. It came in today in great condition (they shipped it in some weird vacuum sealed bubble mailer). FS on orders over $35 i think I also picked up all three seasons of Veronica Mars on DVD for $11.99 each lol

I just picked it up for $23.99 from DVD Planet. It came in today in great condition (they shipped it in some weird vacuum sealed bubble mailer). FS on orders over $35 i think I also picked up all three seasons of Veronica Mars on DVD for $11.99 each lol
Cool, I might have to look into that then. I haven't ordered from them in forever. Are they having any deals right now? I could have sworn I saw something about them at br.com.

Am I the only one waiting to see Square's gigantic pile of loot when he returns from Japan?
Nope, you are not alone. I wanna see it too.
I've barely bought any anime figure at all!

6be9.jpg

See, barely any!

Luckily I still have 6 days left for more buying. PHEW!

My god, if only one existed. I did get to an Utena production materials exhibit in Osaka back in August, though, and that was HEAVEN.
I don't even think the cosplay cafes have Utena outfits handy either. :*(

Did you come back with a bunch of hawt swag from the exhibit, or was it pretty stingy swagwise?

So...that Love Hina bootleg I posted about before?

Yea...GoHastings sent me something worse:

20140113_192617-1.jpg

20140113_192649-1.jpg

EDIT: Well, the discs are the actual ones at least.
Wow, it amazes me how bad GoHastings still screws up(it's gotten to a point where I refuse to order from them anymore). Forgot that Bandai ditched the camo label for the collection. But still unbelievable that how screwed up that collection is with you getting discs 2 & 3 for Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory and only the Miller's Report & disc 3 of the actual series that collection was meant for.

* After looking again, are you sure those aren't bootleg discs too? Because wtf is going on with the disc 2 of 0083? Because it's strange with that black stain around the inner ring of the disc and looks like a piece of the label is missing. Also looks like 0083's disc 3 has been resurfaced or something with the ring of scratches.

Did you come back with a bunch of hawt swag from the exhibit, or was it pretty stingy swagwise?
Oh yeah, bunches. Some of it was even exclusive to the exhibit. A book for the pieces on display, postcards, file folders, keychains, pins, a five-glass set with etched art, a replica of Juri's pendant, a music box, a production art book, a phone charm, a teacup... I'm probably forgetting a couple more things. I basically bought anything that wasn't super-overpriced. I just got this poster off Yahoo auctions last night, too:

mamokamoka-img523x600-1380804425tddmoj90940.jpg

A retail poster for the second Blu-ray box set. Hopefully I can find the companion Utena poster for the first set eventually.

* After looking again, are you sure those aren't bootleg discs too? Because wtf is going on with the disc 2 of 0083? Because it's strange with that black stain around the inner ring of the disc and looks like a piece of the label is missing. Also looks like 0083's disc 3 has been resurfaced or something with the ring of scratches.
When I booted them up, the Bandai, Sunrise, and Dolby logos popped up and the menus were the same from the original discs.

NO. All 3 of those series are aimed at older teenage males. Those are not shows for an 8-year-old girl.

For a girl her age, the only "monster" shows available in English are the various Mon shows like Pokemon, Digimon, Monster Rancher, Zatch Bell, etc. Unless you wanna count something like Samurai Pizza Cats. It's also really rare and out of print nowadays, but Dragon Drive is another option.

EDIT: I second the Ghibli suggestion, but not Princess Mononoke. There's enough blood in that movie to fill Lake Erie.

I would pre-view Sgt. Frog first. Most of the humor, especially the dub, is OK, but there are some sexual innuendo and Natsumi does get put in some compromising positions, though not nearly as often as the manga.

EDITx2: This describes about 75% of the Rosario+Vampire anime:

rosario0401wg0.gif
Kinda feel bad now about the sh!ts i watched as kid. This is why i am not parent. Rosario was a set up though, because it starts off sweet enough but pretty much evolves into that^. Wanted him to panic when hes watching with the wife/kids.

Ghibli is a great suggestion but i think he's got her on that already. Sgt Frog/Samurai Pizza Cats seem like good pics, but I can't possibly recomend anything as mainsteream as pokemon or digimon...Dear God, I've become an anime hipster.

I am a little wary of Fruits Basket. While the true emotionally scarring stuff is manga only, the final few episodes might be a little harsh for someone her age.

but I can't possibly recomend anything as mainsteream as pokemon or digimon...Dear God, I've become an anime hipster.
What's wrong with Pokemon or Digimon? Kanto and Sinnoh (the most easily gotten sagas) are fun, and Seasons 1 and 3 of Digimon are great.

Monster/demon anime for an 8 year old?  That in and of itself seems like an odd request.

It's old-school but try Unico.  Both movies are available from Discotek, and while it's a little scary/creepy in parts for little ones, it's still much tamer than most.  Sailor Moon is kinda monster-of-the-week but still out of print, right?

Monster/demon anime for an 8 year old? That in and of itself seems like an odd request.

It's old-school but try Unico. Both movies are available from Discotek, and while it's a little scary/creepy in parts for little ones, it's still much tamer than most. Sailor Moon is kinda monster-of-the-week but still out of print, right?
She's kind of a weird kid. I think he's going out of his way to make her a gamer/nerd girl.

Great recommendations so far, keep em coming.

She's kind of a weird kid. I think he's going out of his way to make her a gamer/nerd girl.

Do they have to be readily available on media in the US?

I mean Precure and Jewelpet are probably great ones to start with, but it is not available on media in the US yet, and may never be, so...*wink wink*

Soul Eater might be ok for an 8 year old it's rather tame overall with some potential scares here and there.

I haven't personally watched it all yet, but Battle Doll: Angelic Layer seems to have a very kiddish aura about it that a girl her age might enjoy?

Basically a young girl participates in a battle game called Angelic Layer with her tiny battle doll that she constructs if I have the gist of it, which I probably don't. I have only seen the first episode, but people have said that it was pretty good.

EDIT: You already shot down Pokemon and Digimon or I would have recommended those. haha

Anyone know if they might be re-releasing the original Sailor Moon on DVD & or Blu-Ray anytime soon? Looking to get the whole series.
In Japan? Yes. In the US? Toei needs to license it to someone first. And, you know, not take it back out of the blue again.

I an not sure if they still are requiring a TV deal and/or licensing Pretty Guardian like they used to.

I haven't personally watched it all yet, but Battle Doll: Angelic Layer seems to have a very kiddish aura about it that a girl her age might enjoy?

Basically a young girl participates in a battle game called Angelic Layer with her tiny battle doll that she constructs if I have the gist of it, which I probably don't. I have only seen the first episode, but people have said that it was pretty good.
Crap, I forgot about that show. Arguably one of the best CLAMP adaptations ever and a very good series. However, it's out of print.

I'm a guy, and I used to watch the shit out of Cardcaptor Sakura. hahaha

Yeah, anything CLAMP would be a pretty solid choice.

Looking at Netflix, maybe Moon Phase? Again haven't watched it, but I know it has something to do with a little vampire girl!  :D

I second CCS, but the DVDs are out of print and the good ones are sub-only. The only Cardcaptor Sakura DVD with a good dub was Movie #2.

I dont think the real disks are ever gold...what color are the disks on the bottom?
Not sure. Already sent it back. I think they might have been from the re-re-release Bandai did in their final days.

EDIT: You already shot down Pokemon and Digimon or I would have recommended those. haha
I second Angelic Layer. It was a nice surprise of a show when I watched it, like, 12 years ago.

bread's done
Back