Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
You know, I really love that MovieStop does not carry Sentai products. Because of that, all the Used titles from them, regardless if its DVD or Blu-ray, are $9.99.

anyone have any info on any must have anime that are on sale now.

i mostly get into romantic comedies, and adult types/blood,boobies,swearing,

ninja scrolls is still one of my favorites.

i mostly get into romantic comedies, and adult types/blood,boobies,swearing,

From the small amount that I have seen, Btooom!, has blood, swearing, AND boobies. Some people were complaining about the ending though.

Looking at Funimation's release schedule, according to RS & Amazon, Cat Planet Cuties S.A.V.E. edition will be a DVD/BR combo pack. Which is kinda shocking as they usually split those up once they get moved to the S.A.V.E. line. Plus it's under $20 for places pre-ordering right now.

Also saw on Anime Corner's facebook page, apparently Funimation will add S1 of "Is This a Zombie?"(still only a DVD-only set) to the Anime Classics line in the middle of March(wasn't on their announced schedule of releases). So that one will be under $30 soon too.

Heaven's Lost Property is on sale for $31 a season. Best modern ecchi anime out there right now.
If it's S1 you're talking about and for people who can't really spare the money for it right now, just wait until April. S1(the DVD/BR combo pack) is getting a re-release then and it'll be under $30(it's $24 pre-ordered at rightstuf atm)

From the small amount that I have seen, Btooom!, has blood, swearing, AND boobies. Some people were complaining about the ending though.
Was dissapointed in it, but I could understand. You only can get so far in one season, and it did go very far from where the manga currently is (was?). The story is continuing in the manga( And the manga has been picked up by Yen Press here in the US), but from what I saw the show itself didn't sell that well, so it is doubtful it gets another season. Oh Japan......

RightStuf has Dragonball Z Seasons 2 and 3 on Blu Ray for $28 each with free shipping and no tax. Amazing deals, I ordered both.. Already bought the first season from Amazon for 25 bucks. Great packaging, awesome sets... Yes they are widescreen but I'm not that picky...

Monster Rancher Season 1 is now out on DVD. It's 40 bucks at Amazon. Here's hoping for a sale. I also want Yugioh Seasons 3 and 4 on DVD, and the Digimon Complete Series on DVD. Hoping to find good deals on those.

Looking at Funimation's release schedule, according to RS & Amazon, Cat Planet Cuties S.A.V.E. edition will be a DVD/BR combo pack. Which is kinda shocking as they usually split those up once they get moved to the S.A.V.E. line. Plus it's under $20 for places pre-ordering right now.
I'm glad you pointed this out. This was one of those shows I KIND of wanted to see, but I didn't want to pay the $30-40 they were asking for. Rightstuf has the S.A.V.E. version up for pre-order for $14.99 and Amazon for $17.49 though, which is definitely within my acceptable price range.

RightStuf has Dragonball Z Seasons 2 and 3 on Blu Ray for $28 each with free shipping and no tax. Amazing deals, I ordered both.. Already bought the first season from Amazon for 25 bucks. Great packaging, awesome sets... Yes they are widescreen but I'm not that picky...

Monster Rancher Season 1 is now out on DVD. It's 40 bucks at Amazon. Here's hoping for a sale. I also want Yugioh Seasons 3 and 4 on DVD, and the Digimon Complete Series on DVD. Hoping to find good deals on those.
You can get Digimon Seasons 1-4 on Ebay for either $50-65 (for all of them mind you), as long as you're willing to play the waiting game. That's how I got mine.

Monster Rancher was cheaper at RightStuf

YGO Season 3 and 4 are $30 at DVD Planet, though S4 isn't available for pre-order yet. Monster Rancher is $28.

I can see myself dropping 30 bucks on the Monster Rancher set...

You see, Yugioh Season 1 and 2 are now only 20 bucks each at Amazon. I paid like 35 for season 2 when it came out. So it makes me cautious when getting season 3...

Those are not legit. Hell, some of those aren't even out in the US yet
Yeah, it's fairly obvious when you look at the other titles listed. Plus it's Region 0 w/ english subs & Japanese/English audio, which tells it's an obvious bootleg. It also says that it's a japanese import of the DVD, but the japanese version doesn't carry english audio. Someone obviously ripped the R1 DVD and put it on 2 R0 DVDs, which that has got to cause the video to look like crap.

Majikoi and Battle Girls are pure Yuri fests. If you absolutely love crass yuri, you will like those series. Neither have a very good story to back them up and Majikoi is such an Ikki Tousen clone it isn't funny.

Majikoi and Battle Girls are pure Yuri fests. If you absolutely love crass yuri, you will like those series. Neither have a very good story to back them up and Majikoi is such an Ikki Tousen clone it isn't funny.
Hmm I see. I do like me some yuri but I guess it can wait. Most likely going with Btooom and Say I Love You

i mostly get into romantic comedies, and adult types/blood,boobies,swearing,

Not sure if you can find it on sale anywhere, but Skip Beat is awesome. Lovely Complex is good too. Asides from Heaven's LP, I would say that Sekirei is solid too. Oh and "Say I Love You" is good, but perhaps not at those prices.

i got my eye on those but the price of the blue rays just seem way to much for me
I've learned to accept Sentai anime's higher prices. Rarely do they reach Funimation level of prices.

Ooh, how is Heaven's Memo Pad?

Out of all those, that I have at least seen, I'd definitely reccomend Another and Kids on the Slope. Both very solid.
I've only heard good things about Kids on the Slope and I really want to give it a shot, but I don't know how I feel about the music itself. Never been much for Jazz music.

I've learned to accept Sentai anime's higher prices. Rarely do they reach Funimation level of prices.
Actually, I have been able to get plenty of Sentai stuff cheap via various sales. I have got them cheaper than FUNi's recent releases.

Ooh, how is Heaven's Memo Pad?
It's not quite GitS or Eden of the East level, but still quite good.

Picked up Btooom since I missed it during the Deep Discount sale earlier. Which reminds me, they apparently only got enough of Patlabor volume 4 to ship me ONE of the two I ordered. Of course, they shipped me the more expensive order and I am awaiting them to cancel and refund me the cheaper one >_>

Actually, I have been able to get plenty of Sentai stuff cheap via various sales. I have got them cheaper than FUNi's recent releases.

It's not quite GitS or Eden of the East level, but still quite good.
Really? I usually only see the Sentai blus around the $23 to $27 range during sales. Unless its a OVA. The DVDs seem to get dirt cheap though. I guess I am looking in all the wrong places for the blus lol. I'll be on the lookout!

I see. Hmmmmmmm

Katsucon is always a hit or miss, I went for 10 years and some years it was a great hit, other years it was a complete miss.

Now that I'm older, I'm picky about cons. It's all about reconnecting with friends, drinking, eating out, having fun. Unfortunately all my Katsu friends have moved on, or are still doing the same thing from 5-10 years ago (which can be pretty sad)

Magfest and AnimeNext have replaced Katsucon...for me at least.
Some friends of mine went last year and they liked it. I always skipped out on it because it didn't seem too interesting. This is more or less a test to see if I like it or not... I like the Gaylord so let's just hope the weather doesn't go crazy at that time. The week after MAGFest is when the northeast got slammed by single digit temperatures...

I think Persona 4 on bluray is dub only.
Yep, it is. Japan seems to be so obsessed with Persona that they made Sentai make it dub only on Blu Ray. In the UK, they made them split the releases into 3 parts instead of 2. To top it off, Persona 4 Arena (the fighting game) was only game on PS3 that was ever region locked here which forced European players to wait several months to actually play it because they couldn't import a copy from us.

They simply didn't want reverse importation for their own Country. That's how I see it, since their Blu Rays Volumes are incredibly expensive while we usually get Complete Collections or Parts nowadays. 

They simply didn't want reverse importation for their own Country. That's how I see it, since their Blu Rays Volumes are incredibly expensive while we usually get Complete Collections or Parts nowadays.
Well, yeah. Just the Persona 4 anime was just the first one that was forced to have it's sub track removed from it's Blu release. I know Funimation/Sentai always wait a year or two after something is released in Japan just so they can have dual tracks (most of the time). Although I swear with a few DVD only releases from Funimation god knows when when or if we'll ever seen Blus of them, especially animes from Kadokawa.

Yep, I'm just waiting for Kadokawa to give the go ahead for Funimation to release the blurays of A Certain Magical Index, A Certain Scientific Railgun, and Future Diary so I can double dip. I'm fairly confident that they might go this route since Panty and Stocking were initially released as a DVD only format to eventually having a DVD/BD combo. 

You guys are sad....anime for kids is an easy list to put together.

Sailor moon
Dragonball
Princess tutu
Yugioh
Hikaru no Go
srgt frog
Pokemon
Digimon
Card captor Sakura
Kodomo no Omocha/Kodocha/child's toy
Case closed/ detective Conan
Last exile
Heroman
Tiger & bunny
Erin/Kemono no Souja Erin–Beast Player Erin
Sonic x
Beyblade
Ultimate muscle
Hamtaro
Bakugan
Tiny snow fairy sugar
Magical doreimi
Doraemon
Most studio Ghibli titles

That's more than enough anime for any child.
You forgot the most 9 year oldish animes Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece.

Well, yeah. Just the Persona 4 anime was just the first one that was forced to have it's sub track removed from it's Blu release. I know Funimation/Sentai always wait a year or two after something is released in Japan just so they can have dual tracks (most of the time). Although I swear with a few DVD only releases from Funimation god knows when when or if we'll ever seen Blus of them, especially animes from Kadokawa.
Not true. There aren't many, but there are other dub- only releases, like Bandai's release of Kurokami.

I would guess that the UK is unaffected by the requirement because they don't share regions with Japan.

I liked the Persona 4 anime personally, most of the voices were the same as the game though the anime itself seems like it would be confusing to those who haven't played it.

bread's done
Back