Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Mirai Nikki was very well thought out and with an impressive plotline, and some pretty interesting characters (mainly Akise Aru and Yuno Gasai).

Edited the OP with general sales now instead of specifics. Pretty sure people will be posting the better deals in the posts regardless.

Updated with the still Amazon Funi sale, and also Rightstuf's new sale.

And on a side note, I really wish NIS America would release the Toradora Blu Rays. Would kill to own it on blu.

Future Diary is an amazing show! Great plot, gorgeous animation and very well done characters, especially Yuno Gasai. Her character is just done extremely well and she is definitely my favorite character out of the anime. I may be going farther than some people posting about it, but I definitely include Future Diary at a very high position in my Top 5 anime, maybe even my #1. 

If it wasn't obvious I highly recommend picking it up and watching it!  :D/

Have to agree with everyone else, Future Diary is a great show. I read the manga first and was a little skeptical about the animation since not too many animes out there have great yanderes. Not only is the animation top-notch, but the characters are well done too (except for Yuki). 

On another note, ended up caving and getting Future Diary pt1 LE, Lupin III Fujiko Mine LE, Is This a Zombie season 2 LE, and Haganai season 1 LE. Guess I won't be eating out for the next few months :/

Really tempted to preorder Future Diary, but don't know if I want to knowing it's on DVD. Would rather Blu.

And out of anything, ending picking up Shiki. Really intrigued me out of any show I was going to buy.

Really tempted to preorder Future Diary, but don't know if I want to knowing it's on DVD. Would rather Blu.

And out of anything, ending picking up Shiki. Really intrigued me out of any show I was going to buy.
I was really disappointed that Future Diary didn't get a Bluray release, but I'm still definitely getting the DVD release. If they decide to do a US Bluray release sometime in the future I will most likely pick that up as well!

I have heard that Shiki is pretty good and I was considering picking it up. There are actually a decent amount of things that I am considering, but for some reason I can't seem to choose what I want to pick up!

I swear I remember seeing Sekirei, the day I caved in and bought it (June 1st), at $30.99 or something for a few hours and then it went up to $32.49.  I have never seen it cheaper.

I did enjoy it because it had a sense of maturity to it...for what it is I mean (and also that the average character wasn't 14).  I would certainly like to find another anime like it whether it was made in 2001 or now, but I haven't found the best match...Heaven's Lost Property, Love Hina, Shuffle...whatever.

Do you guys have any thoughts, big or small, on the matter, or am I just nuts?

HLP is freaking awesome, how could you not like it?
I did not really enjoy HLP that much either. It only took me a few episodes for me to start fast forwarding through the main characters antics. I found him unlikable and unfunny. That's just me though. I can see how rockykai differentiated Sekirei in that regard, as I did enjoy that more. Out of the ones he listed, I enjoyed Shuffle! by far the most, though that definitely was not comedy focused.

I have only recently gotten back into anime (and I've never watched as much as I have recently) so I don't know if I can make a good recommendation. I did enjoy Baka and Test. I found myself laughing out loud a good amount.

On a side note, based on the recommendations here, I pre-ordered Future Diary Part I LE. It sounds like something I would enjoy.

I swear I remember seeing Sekirei, the day I caved in and bought it (June 1st), at $30.99 or something for a few hours and then it went up to $32.49. I have never seen it cheaper.

I did enjoy it because it had a sense of maturity to it...for what it is I mean (and also that the average character wasn't 14). I would certainly like to find another anime like it whether it was made in 2001 or now, but I haven't found the best match...Heaven's Lost Property, Love Hina, Shuffle...whatever.

Do you guys have any thoughts, big or small, on the matter, or am I just nuts?
For some reason Sekirei has a good balance of plot and boobs. Of course they overhype (and show) the boobs in all anime and underplay the other aspects of the show. Really though it has an interesting set of characters and plot devices that just work. HLP is very funny too, liked that one, but not as much as Sekirei.

For some reason Sekirei has a good balance of plot and boobs. Of course they overhype (and show) the boobs in all anime and underplay the other aspects of the show. Really though it has an interesting set of characters and plot devices that just work. HLP is very funny too, liked that one, but not as much as Sekirei.
That's about how I feel about it too. The show is very surprisingly good, characters and plot and all, and most of the time I don't care that it has the boob service at all.

I don't need to find something exactly like Sekirei, but it would be great to find something close. I'm not as sure on HLP.

I did not really enjoy HLP that much either. It only took me a few episodes for me to start fast forwarding through the main characters antics. I found him unlikable and unfunny. That's just me though.
See, that is one of the reasons I loved it. I utterly despise the Accidental Pervert trope so seeing someone who is basically an Expy of Jiraiya as a main character was awesome. The flock of panties, Panty Robo, and Fishing for Ta-Tas helped. The underlying war against the Angels plot is pretty strong too.

Minoru rising above the trope is one of the strengths of Sekirei.

According to Funimation's facebook page, the sale on Amazon ends on tuesday(7/30).
Thanks for the heads up on that. That means if I want an anime like Shuffle I should do it now. I won't have time to figure out a good slice-of-life anime now but that's all right.

I'm probably going to combine that with the Disgaea anime and maybe Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale...or something. I know the Disgaea is on the young side, but is it still fun enough to watch if anyone knows?

According to Funimation's facebook page, the sale on Amazon ends on tuesday(7/30).
Thank you!

Already picked up Shakugan no Shana S, Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar Part 1 LE+Part 2, Is this a zombie? Season 1 LE+Season 2 LE, Welcome to the NHK, Dance in the Vampire Bund Omnibus 1 and 2, Future Diary Part 1 LE, Haganai Season 1 LE and Black Lagoon Roberta's Blood Trail, but it seems I still need to get Sekirei Complete Collection and Kaze no Stigma and maybe Black Butler season 1 and also....damn itt Funimation and Amazon, you are stealing my money!

See, that is one of the reasons I loved it. I utterly despise the Accidental Pervert trope so seeing someone who is basically an Expy of Jiraiya as a main character was awesome. The flock of panties, Panty Robo, and Fishing for Ta-Tas helped. The underlying war against the Angels plot is pretty strong too.

Minoru rising above the trope is one of the strengths of Sekirei.
Ha, that's funny. I'm just the opposite when it comes to that stuff. I did like the Angel plot, though, which is what kept me watching.

Thank you!

Already picked up Shakugan no Shana S, Tenchi Muyo! War on Geminar Part 1 LE+Part 2, Is this a zombie? Season 1 LE+Season 2 LE, Welcome to the NHK, Dance in the Vampire Bund Omnibus 1 and 2, Future Diary Part 1 LE, Haganai Season 1 LE and Black Lagoon Roberta's Blood Trail, but it seems I still need to get Sekirei Complete Collection and Kaze no Stigma and maybe Black Butler season 1 and also....damn itt Funimation and Amazon, you are stealing my money!
I feel your pain. I have picked up Shakugan no Shana S1, Welcome to the NHK, Kaze no Stigma, Speed Grapher, Black Lagoon Complete, Full Metal Panic S1, Spice and Wolf Complete, Haganai Season 1 LE, and Future Diary Part 1 LE. I am debating on picking up a couple more SAVE sets, but... my wallet.

Do you guys know where and when the best deals usually are on Sentai Filmworks Blu's are? I would like to pick up a few, but am waiting for the right price.

I find Sentai stuff is just a waiting game of sales. Eventually they'll come down, but it takes forever.
I actually find that more true with Funimation stuff than Sentai titles, unless you're speaking about the collection parts then that is probably more accurate, but in that case it does still take quite awhile for it to drop. ;P

I actually find that more true with Funimation stuff than Sentai titles, unless you're speaking about the collection parts then that is probably more accurate, but in that case it does still take quite awhile for it to drop. ;P
Alright, thanks. I don't mind waiting it out.

Alright, thanks. I don't mind waiting it out.
But just to give a specific time, usually during the months of November-Jan are the best times for Sentai blus as those are usually the only times they get a pretty big sale price on all the sites, but mainly DD and Rightstuf. Amazon usually just runs their Funimation sales like always. Around Black Friday time to the start of the year would be the best time.

But just to give a specific time, usually during the months of November-Jan are the best times for Sentai blus as those are usually the only times they get a pretty big sale price on all the sites, but mainly DD and Rightstuf. Amazon usually just runs their Funimation sales like always. Around Black Friday time to the start of the year would be the best time.
Awesome. Thanks for the info.

Walmart has Dragonball Z Movie Collection 3 (Broly: Second Coming, Bio-Broly, Fusion Reborn, and Wrath of the Dragon) for $7.50.

Sorry to ask again guys, but just saw a trailer for this new game and it totally reminded me of a cartoon that was on Toonami a couple of years ago. Knights of the Zodic. Is there a complete series dvd/Blu-ray or season sets if at that?

It's currently only released in bits and pieces.

You need to look for it under Saint Seiya though, but it's nowhere near complete as far as its release in the US on media.

You know, I have never heard of New Video until about a year ago, but they are quickly becoming one of my favorite companies.

Nice catch. :D

You know, I have never heard of New Video until about a year ago, but they are quickly becoming one of my favorite companies.
There's certainly quite a few new companies stepping up in licensing titles now like Discotek has been doing as of late. They've certainly picked up quite a few titles I have been waiting for somebody to pick up for years, and also picked up a titles that needed to be re-released, so certainly am happy there are other companies out there now.

I happy. ^__^

Thanks square and rattle for the info. and link. $90 is a bit steep at the moment, so Ima hold off till it goes down.
Just keep in mind though the Sanctuary set isn't the complete series either, but it's a little less than 3/4 of the series, and there's still 2 arcs afterwards, but it's not a bad collection considering all the releases that came before it.

Rightstuf actually has the set for $74.99 right now, so it's not much cheaper, but at least it is cheaper.

Wait what are the details of the Saint Seiya release? Sub only, I assume, and the complete Sanctuary Arc not just the parts already released by ADV?

The movies are out and relatively cheap, done by Discotec. The newest series, Omega, which is more of a Sailor Moon type of series for boys, is out on Crunchyroll.

Wait what are the details of the Saint Seiya release? Sub only, I assume, and the complete Sanctuary Arc not just the parts already released by ADV?
Nope, according the listing, it's dub only(meaning no japanese audio w/ subs). The collection will be 12 DVDs and contain the first 73 episodes.

I'm guessing that they're using the ADV dub for this.

Saint Seiya dub only? Wonder why they are even wasting anyone's time with this release. Wish I had bought them on Rightstuf when they were cheap, they still have set 2 for 14.99 but no Set 1 it seems.

Because New Video is not an anime licensing company and figures the Japanese version isn't worth licensing. Yes, there's Poppy Hill, but that's Ghibli and we all know Ghibli plays by their own rules.

Is it okay that I really liked the ADV dub of Saint Seiya?  The guy who played Seiya was interesting.  He overenunciates his words, but it works.  I owned the original release by ADV, though, and it only covered the first 50 episodes (10 discs at 5 episodes a disc) as long as this is the ADV dub, I won't mind, and may pick it up.  Oh, god, $100, ummm, maybe not

Is it okay that I really liked the ADV dub of Saint Seiya? The guy who played Seiya was interesting. He overenunciates his words, but it works. I owned the original release by ADV, though, and it only covered the first 50 episodes (10 discs at 5 episodes a disc) as long as this is the ADV dub, I won't mind, and may pick it up. Oh, god, $100, ummm, maybe not
It's only $75 on Rightstuf. ;D

Wait I thought they only dubbed up to the part that they were able to release initially. So is this a new dub or are they getting the cast back together or what?

Figured I ask, even though I already know the answer, but has Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari ever gone sale? Will it? I just cant bring myself to spend $150 on a 13 episode box set.

Figured I ask, even though I already know the answer, but has Bakemonogatari/Nisemonogatari ever gone sale? Will it? I just cant bring myself to spend $150 on a 13 episode box set.
I have never seen it go on sale its an aniplex release so dont expect any sales.

I have never seen it go on sale its an aniplex release so dont expect any sales.
Only time it's ever gone "on sale" are in Rightstuf's Daily Deals section, but those are never really advertised, so you just have to luck out and run into it again if it ever gets on that list again, and you just so happen to be looking at the list at that time.

I've seen it been on that list a couple of times in the past for $119-$129, but have not seen it much cheaper than that.

As shawn has noted though, Aniplex=Instapricejack

Aniplex is a bunch of crack heads who think americans will pay what the japanese pay for dvds/blu-rays.  I really hope that the company that license rescued Saint Seiya will release a video showing us their dub.  I wouldn't mind if it's a new cast as long as it's a good one.

Only time it's ever gone "on sale" are in Rightstuf's Daily Deals section, but those are never really advertised, so you just have to luck out and run into it again if it ever gets on that list again, and you just so happen to be looking at the list at that time.

I've seen it been on that list a couple of times in the past for $119-$129, but have not seen it much cheaper than that.

As shawn has noted though, Aniplex=Instapricejack
damn i check the daily deals every single day and I must have missed it. It updates 1 am eastern time ,but damn i would love to get it "on sale". The only two series I own from them is bakemongatari and durarara. I loved those shows so much and are in my top 10 anime so I had to buy them and im missing nisemonogatari and I will buy that eventually but there is no rush for now as like all dvds I own I have seen them already. I only buy them to support the series, Most of them are still sealed.

When you buy an Aniplex item, you're essentially buying the brand name and prestige that comes with it. No one who gets a BD/DVD combo limited edition from them buys it for the postcards, posters, or stickers; it's the status symbol of actually having something from Aniplex that makes it worth it. Whether or not that is your thing, I dunno.

That being said, I will never regret getting the Fate/Zero BD imports from them. Sure, both sets cost me 2 full weeks of pay, but it was damn worth it.

bread's done
Back