Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't go back even if it's a killer deal. It's just not worth the hassle. I walked away years ago, best thing I could have done.

Been even longer for me. Between stuff like that and the constant utterly destoryed crap they kept trying to pawn off, I swear their CS operated out of a prison.
I haven't had too much trouble from them, overall I treat them as order it if its a great deal but don't get your hopes too high.

DD is great for people who get in on the deal within the first few hours of it, but if you are trying to sneak in a couple days after, or when it's says "In Stock", but you have to wait some days, that's usually when you run into trouble.  And if it's backordered, better be prepared to wait a few months, or it will get canceled somewhere down the line.  Customer service is hit or miss, but usually the phone reps are better, but not always.  Personally I've had pretty good luck with DD in the past year because I always get in super early on the deals, so haven't had issues with them.

I think Squarehard nailed it. I remember getting most of my Bandai animes through them back in 2010. They shipped my haruhi stuff instantly and then Outlaw Star took like three months. I asked them about it twice and they claimed it was Bandai never giving them a new shipment but they still honored my discounted price when it finally was shipped.

EDIT: Only negative was that my card was charged when I ordered it but it was only like $23 from what I remember so it wasn't a huge deal.

Deep Discount is fine as long as you have patience and trust them to ship the product and don't care about when, at least if you use free shipping (read: media mail). They are not going to rip anyone off. 

Back when they had the cheapest prices by far, people still found a reason to bitch them out because they didn't get their stuff for a while, but they got the lowest price. When in fact, most of the delay was caused by using USPS Media Mail, which was the free shipping option. It seems most people don't realize that media mail can take weeks and the shipping was free for a reason. You get what you pay for. Idiots.

Sometimes DD wouldn't have it in-stock, but you could still purchase the product at the advertised price basically guaranteeing you the best price. People still bitched. Again, naive idiots. 

New Video is seriously ratcheting up good will among old-school fans. Their latest release? Zatch Bell!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E68991S

As with their other releases, this is DVD and dub-only. Whether it will have the Photoshop guns remains to be seen.

EDIT: New Video is also releasing a boxset of the first four seasons of Digimon:

http://www.amazon.com/Digimon-Official-Seasons-1-4-Collection/dp/B00DYEBLYI

More than likely this is a simple repackaging, but it remains to be seen if it is simply the four current sets in an artbox or new packaging.

So my first time I bought something from DD was via amazon and it was for Freezing LE NEW*on the 10th of Aug and they shipped it (supposedly) on the 16th. Now I'm still waiting for my damn anime and there deadline for the item to arrive is Sept3rd. So anybody think it got lost or they just really suck at shipping out items? Also they did not have a tracking number

So my first time I bought something from DD was via amazon and it was for Freezing LE NEW*on the 10th of Aug and they shipped it (supposedly) on the 16th. Now I'm still waiting for my damn anime and there deadline for the item to arrive is Sept3rd. So anybody think it got lost or they just really suck at shipping out items? Also they did not have a tracking number
You do have to remember it's also a Labor Day weekend though, which unfortunately they don't really account for even though they should, so you may want to give it a couple extra days, but yeah, DD shipping is incredibly slow, so may want to give it some extra time. The tracking is generally hit or miss with them. I've gotten tracking on some orders, and other orders they weren't there.

Also make sure that it actually shipped, and the order wasn't just marked as complete. Sometimes they'll cancel the order and mark it as complete anyways, but it's not actually shipped. The generic email will still send out an email, but you need to check the order on the website to make sure it's actually been shipped.

t says it shipped on the status order but who knows the truth. If I don't receive it by this week I'll call there CS as to me this is unacceptable.I'll also probably never buy from them again.

You do have to remember it's also a Labor Day weekend though, which unfortunately they don't really account for even though they should, so you may want to give it a couple extra days, but yeah, DD shipping is incredibly slow, so may want to give it some extra time. The tracking is generally hit or miss with them. I've gotten tracking on some orders, and other orders they weren't there.

Also make sure that it actually shipped, and the order wasn't just marked as complete. Sometimes they'll cancel the order and mark it as complete anyways, but it's not actually shipped. The generic email will still send out an email, but you need to check the order on the website to make sure it's actually been shipped.
Yeah DD and marking complete but isn't. They say they ship it never comes and cs was clueless. This was years ago i stopped buying there cause of all the unreliable and lying cs. GL

Deep Discount is fine as long as you have patience and trust them to ship the product and don't care about when, at least if you use free shipping (read: media mail). They are not going to rip anyone off.

Back when they had the cheapest prices by far, people still found a reason to bitch them out because they didn't get their stuff for a while, but they got the lowest price. When in fact, most of the delay was caused by using USPS Media Mail, which was the free shipping option. It seems most people don't realize that media mail can take weeks and the shipping was free for a reason. You get what you pay for. Idiots.

Sometimes DD wouldn't have it in-stock, but you could still purchase the product at the advertised price basically guaranteeing you the best price. People still bitched. Again, naive idiots.
They charge and never ship then cancel on you and wont refund. You wait 1-3 months but then most banks wont reverse charges cause charge was to long ago. I bought over psp umd movies there 80% fine rest was a nightmare. They still owe me over $50 from years ago. Saying you can 100% trust them makes me wonder.

Also make sure that it actually shipped, and the order wasn't just marked as complete. Sometimes they'll cancel the order and mark it as complete anyways, but it's not actually shipped.
Rightstuf does with their orders through Amazon too. As I've had them marked shipped and 2-3 days the money would get refunded along with a "out of stock" message.

Speaking of Rightstuf and Amazon, if anyone is looking for Urusei Yatsura DVDs, check their Amazon account(seller's name is "Shawnek"). I ordered a couple movies and OVA DVDs through their Amazon account and got them today. Strangely, none of them were listed in stock on Rightstuf's site. So apparently there's stuff on their Amazon account that's in stock, but isn't actually listed in stock on Rightstuf's website.

Rightstuf does with their orders through Amazon too. As I've had them marked shipped and 2-3 days the money would get refunded along with a "out of stock" message.

Speaking of Rightstuf and Amazon, if anyone is looking for Urusei Yatsura DVDs, check their Amazon account(seller's name is "Shawnek"). I ordered a couple movies and OVA DVDs through their Amazon account and got them today. Strangely, none of them were listed in stock on Rightstuf's site. So apparently there's stuff on their Amazon account that's in stock, but isn't actually listed in stock on Rightstuf's website.
It varies, along with the pricing of the items.

The stores are indeed separate, and generally the stock on the Amazon store has no bearing on the actual stock on Rightstuf's regular stock, so I personally wouldn't use the Amazon store to gauge anything on the site, and vice versa.

I do occasionally purchase things on their Amazon store because the prices are way better, but that's not too often.

Deep Discount is having a buy 2 get 1 free on select blu rays.  As far as anime goes it looks like it is Sentai titles.  I'm looking at picking up three titles Un Go, Dusk Maiden and Majikoi or Kids on the Slope.  The per title cost would be about 27.80.  Does anyone think that the Rightstuf holiday sales will go any cheaper than that?  Also has anyone seen Intrigue in the Bakumatsu?

Deep Discount is having a buy 2 get 1 free on select blu rays. As far as anime goes it looks like it is Sentai titles. I'm looking at picking up three titles Un Go, Dusk Maiden and Majikoi or Kids on the Slope. The per title cost would be about 27.80. Does anyone think that the Rightstuf holiday sales will go any cheaper than that? Also has anyone seen Intrigue in the Bakumatsu?
If they do go cheaper, it probably won't be by much. You have a better chance of DD having them cheaper during their BF sale than at Rightstuf, but it all depends on if you're going to watch them when you get them or not, or if they just going to sit unwatched until BF.

I should have learned from my last time ordering from deepdiscount.....but I just can't deny those prices.

Had 7 of them in my cart, but cut it down to three (Kids on the Slope, Another, and Dusk Maiden).

Made sure they were all in stock this time however so everything should be good (Or at least I hope)

I never used DD before but I will try due to the sale. $27.66 per bluray sounds like a good deal for me. I picked up Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere Season 2, Another and Mysterious Girlfriend X.

I ordered from DeepDiscount only one time, and it was delivered tightly vacuum wrapped in plastic with absolutely no padding. The cover art of the DVD was heavily damaged all along the back bottom of the case. Needless to say I returned it and haven't used them since.

Update on my order from DD via amazon

So after 3 weeks of waiting for item to arrived I sayed screw it and sent them an email and got a full refund about there poor shipping methods on how they do not include a tracking number. I really wanted my New Freezing LE instead of a refund.So now I'll probably leave neutral feedback on DD since I wasn't satisfied nor dissatisfied.

FYE has Season 1 Used DVD for $32 right now. Take off the Backstage Pass and current promo, and it comes to $21 + tax.

Well, I ended up ordering Infinite stratos, Kids on the Slope, and Angel Beats ( I was going to get Tokyo Magnitude, instead of IS, but I decided one sad story was enough, well I understand that TM is sad).

Well, I ended up ordering Infinite stratos, Kids on the Slope, and Angel Beats ( I was going to get Tokyo Magnitude, instead of IS, but I decided one sad story was enough, well I understand that TM is sad).
IS package is pretty good for a Sentai release. It has the OVA, soundtrack cd and extras (Radio IS etc)

Managed to find a new copy of True Tears collection for $8.79 through Amazon. Don't know if it was a pricing error or what, as the listing jumped up to $20 an hour after ordering(even though the seller had multiple copies). Figured that I should grab it as I doubt anyone will license rescue that old Bandai title, since it was sub-only and I enjoyed it the first time I saw it

Update on my order from DD via amazon

So after 3 weeks of waiting for item to arrived I sayed screw it and sent them an email and got a full refund about there poor shipping methods on how they do not include a tracking number. I really wanted my New Freezing LE instead of a refund.So now I'll probably leave neutral feedback on DD since I wasn't satisfied nor dissatisfied.
Thanks for posting that. I was curious as to how well they are through Amazon compared to their regular site. Especially since it mentions in their listing that they ship within 24 hours of ordering. But looks like it isn't much different compared to their actual site.

Hopefully they pull that crap service through Amazon and their seller account is eventually closed.

Thanks for posting that. I was curious as to how well they are through Amazon compared to their regular site. Especially since it mentions in their listing that they ship within 24 hours of ordering. But looks like it isn't much different compared to their actual site.

Hopefully they pull that crap service through Amazon and their seller account is eventually closed.
It's funny because at the time I placed my order from them all it said was "Item is brand new " for there description and now it seems that all there items listed they all say now "tracking # included ,item ships next day something along those lines,yada yada yada" so hopefully because of me they now include tracking #'s on ALL there orders

P.S

I hope I do receive my Freezing just so they can be out $73.00

Just got in "Is This a Zombie?" Season 2 and it includes the OVA.

It's a pretty shitty sale honestly. 40% off the ridiculous retail prices isn't really meaningful. $90 retail for some of these is just not the norm for U.S. anime. Of course certain companies refuse to believe that (like Bandai) and I hope they continue to die.

It's a pretty shitty sale honestly. 40% off the ridiculous retail prices isn't really meaningful. $90 retail for some of these is just not the norm for U.S. anime. Of course certain companies refuse to believe that (like Bandai) and I hope they continue to die.
This is the best price you're going to get for most of these titles. There are rare occasions when Amazon undercuts Right Stuf sales by a few dollars, but that's it. Also, these are standard prices for Funimation's releases, and it's been this way for a good while now.

You have no idea what you're talking about and your opinion that these companies should die is incredibly misguided and just plain stupid.

Anyone watch Good Luck Girl!? Looks like it might be interesting...
I haven't seen it, but I've heard good things about the show. I'll definitely be picking it up.

bread's done
Back