Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
They have only released it in singles, though. No boxset like the UK.

I am hoping they will eventually release the Street Fighter cartoon. I liked that one way back when and ADV, for some reason, never released it like they did Darkstalkers or MegaMan.

EDIT: FUNi shipped my DBZ Season 4 order.

I am hoping they will eventually release the Street Fighter cartoon. I liked that one way back when and ADV, for some reason, never released it like they did Darkstalkers or MegaMan.
Oh no, they definitely released it. The first season set was called "Code of Honor" and the second season set was "Soul Powers". It's obviously been out of print for a while now, but it was out there. Of course, now that the Street Fighter cartoon has been brought up it's only natural this should follow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJ2BxI_twLU

i'm to lazy to dig around on deep discount to see if there is anything worth getting, but I figured I would post that they have a global 15% off coupon "flowers" which may make some anime worth buying from them if they have anything decently priced.

I don't know if it's been cheaper, but Penguindrum volume 2 is currently $29.99 on amazon, for those of us that ordered volume 1 from Frys.

i'm to lazy to dig around on deep discount to see if there is anything worth getting, but I figured I would post that they have a global 15% off coupon "flowers" which may make some anime worth buying from them if they have anything decently priced.
we need square to tell us what's worth buying or considering with the 15% off.He always points it out

we need square to tell us what's worth buying or considering with the 15% off.He always points it out
Unfortunately I didn't see anything when I saw the sale earlier this morning, so I didn't bother to post the code since there wasn't anything that caught my eye with the code.

There's usually a summer sale towards the end of this month, or early June, so this code is a little preemptive to stack with that sale.

So this time, nothing of interest really. :3

Unfortunately I didn't see anything when I saw the sale earlier this morning, so I didn't bother to post the code since there wasn't anything that caught my eye with the code.

There's usually a summer sale towards the end of this month, or early June, so this code is a little preemptive to stack with that sale.

So this time, nothing of interest really. :3
well you are always so on top of things I was just trying to get the jump and actually post a deal for once :p shame it doesn't really make any good deals.... not that I need to buy more anime right now >.>;

Just saw a pic of Shana Season 2 S.A.V.E. edition and they did the same thing as Shangri-la, just put both parts in the art box with a new insert.

Just saw a pic of Shana Season 2 S.A.V.E. edition and they did the same thing as Shangri-la, just put both parts in the art box with a new insert.
Meh, I can put up with that. It'd probably be near the same size anyway if they put the discs into a single case.

Although looking now, Funimation only made one version of the Part 1 set(LE with art box). So it makes sense that if it didn't sell as well as they thought, they'd have a ton of sets with art boxes left in the warehouse. Which I don't mind as those boxes protect the cases when they're being shipped.

Love Live S1 Bluray set coming out Sept 2

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=813633014043

BnOde0kCMAAtFDI.jpg

Day 1 for Love Live. Took me by surprise when I saw it last year and been a fan ever since. I'm even considering importing the Vita games.

I liked Captain N, Zelda, and the Super Mario Bros. Super Show. In fact, I can still watch them today and be slightly entertained, sadly or surprising as that may be. 

Never watched Mega Man. 

Also, the original Megaman cartoon is getting a rerelease. The release date is September 30th, 2014.
Hot damn, that box art alone would get me to buy the Megaman cartoon! I always enjoyed the show, and I sold my old ADV DVD set way back, when they were out-of-print and going for over $50 on eBay.

I'm finally getting around to some of my Black Friday-ish purchases! I marathoned Dusk Maiden of Amnesia in its entirety last night. I really, really recommend it. It's an unusual blend of harem, mystery, horror, and love story. I'm not at all a harem guy--like not even a little bit--but this show still won me over. The 'end' especially, very sad and overflowing with feels lol.

I managed to win the Pyscho Pass complete series new for 52 via auction off ebay so I think I did good and am set this whole week from buying more anime.

edit: oh AND Evangelion 2.22 blu ray new w slip cover for $19 off ebay :)

Assuming they're not selling bootlegs, too, Animenation (which I assume/pray is related to the website) via Amazon Marketplace has all three Madoka Magica volumes (Blu-ray) for $19.99 + $3.99 shipping each in Like New condition. There were 2 copies of each before I placed my order. The price still stings a bit, but if they're the real deal, I won't mind as much.

Hopefully they are both legit copies, but I got Ikki Tousen Season 4 and Jourmungard Season 2 for a combined $44 Used from DVD Empire.

There's a ton of Anime Nation names on Amazon (lots of variations), so I wouldn't necessarily link one to another, especially since they have such a small inventory of items it would seem more practical some of the other sellers with that name would have more of a chance being the actual Amazon store front for the site.

Good luck though.  Hopefully they arrive as the genuine article. ;D

Assuming they're not selling bootlegs, too, Animenation (which I assume/pray is related to the website) via Amazon Marketplace has all three Madoka Magica volumes (Blu-ray) for $19.99 + $3.99 shipping each in Like New condition. There were 2 copies of each before I placed my order. The price still stings a bit, but if they're the real deal, I won't mind as much.
I think those new bootlegs have been fooling a lot of people and that just sounds like it's way too cheap.

I think those new bootlegs have been fooling a lot of people and that just sounds like it's way too cheap.
I think I missed the initial discussion, but is there an easy way to determine whether they're bootlegs? If they do turn out to be bootlegs and I have to shell out for return shipping, I won't mind.

I think I missed the initial discussion, but is there an easy way to determine whether they're bootlegs? If they do turn out to be bootlegs and I have to shell out for return shipping, I won't mind.
The cases on the bootlegs are high quality but the BD's themselves have a black bottom, have a slightly lower resolution disk art, and do not come with an Aniplex of America proof of purchase.

Also slightly unrelated but current prints have clear cases instead of blue similar to reprints of Nisemonogatari.

Crisis averted, it seems--the seller canceled my order due to being "Out of Stock".

Are just the Blu-rays prone to having bootleg copies, or are the DVDs potential fakes, too?

Crisis averted, it seems--the seller canceled my order due to being "Out of Stock".

Are just the Blu-rays prone to having bootleg copies, or are the DVDs potential fakes, too?
Never seen a dvd for Madoka that tried to mimic the AoA release myself. The only bootleg DVDs I have seen are the standard single box "complete series" you usually see with other bootlegs.

Just the Blu-rays?
I'm not sure about that. But I know they're doing it for the Anime Legends Sets, which includes other Bandai sets. Just found about it last week. And yes, I'm a bit slow on the uptake on these matters. :lol:

bread's done
Back