Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like Amazon is now taking pre-orders for Sailor Moon LE set 1 (though no coin) for $55.99 and eligible for prime. Not bad if you do not care about the coin but w/ tax it is the same as RS for me.
Sadly the sailor moon LE with the coin is sold out on RightStuf so its just really down to which place is better for you.

Sentai Releases

High School of the Dead Complete Collection (OVA included) Bluray/DVD Combo Set
Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu Bluray
Jewel Bem Hunter Lime DVD
Natsuyuki Rendezvous Bluray
My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering With My School Romantic Comedy Bluray/DVD
Stella Women’s Academy Bluray
Tari Tari Bluray
I Couldn't Be a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to get a Job Bluray/DVD
Amigami SS Season 1 Bluray/DVD
Log Horizon Collection 1 Bluray/DVD

Bolded have Dubs.

Sentai Releases
High School of the Dead Complete Collection (OVA included) Bluray/DVD Combo Set
Hidamari Sketch x Hoshimittsu BlurayJewel Bem Hunter Lime DVD
Natsuyuki Rendezvous Bluray
My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering With My School Romantic Comedy Bluray/DVD
Stella Women’s Academy Bluray
Tari Tari Bluray
I Couldn't Be a Hero, So I Reluctantly Decided to get a Job Bluray/DVD
Amigami SS Season 1 Bluray/DVDLog Horizon Collection 1 Bluray/DVD

Bolded have Dubs.
I knew it was coming but this is going to be an expensive month.

Hmm, so it seems the MSRP for the High Schoo of the dead set is going to be.......$149.98.

And supposedly it includes a special book (illustrations/short novels), a bandana, parking sticker and postcards.

Yay.....?

Outside of Log Horizon and the HSoTD BR collection coming out, any other Blu-Rays worth getting?

I'm pretty much done with collecting DVDs and moving on to Blu Rays.

I know I am also WAY LATE to the thread but yes Media Blasters is all but dead.  I know people that work for that company, hell I know people that pretty much work for the Big guys.  Media Blasters lost most of their licenses, aren't renewing any stuff

As for Baltimore losing Otakon, that is the city of Baltimore's fault.  The BCC hasn't been updated in years and they have hit max capacity at the place.  There has been talk for YEARS to updated the BCC but it has never moved beyond that. 

Funny part about the DC location, is that the Convention Center is a few blocks away from the White House.  Imagine all the cosplay shoots that are going to be there....haha

Just a friendly reminder for those who wanted the ttack on Titan DVD/Blu-ray Part 2 (Hyb) Limited Edition + Artbox from TRSI. There are 60 left for preorder: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/Hqt6ooF1S2QlLOurn0/browse/item/102881/4/0/0

$90 for High School of the Dead?

Sentai does know how to spell Attack on Titan right? They didn't accidentally think that they had the rights to that show instead?
HSotD was one of their biggest selling titles. Depending how how big the artbook is, it may be worth it. I don't mind double dipping on the series (Zombies and boobs yo!) but what turns me off is that the discs will be housed in a digipack -_-

EDIT: Rightstuf also updated their Sailor Moon Blu-ray/DVD Set 1 (Hyb) Limited Edition listing...the coin is OOS! Hope everyone got their preorder in!

Outside of Log Horizon and the HSoTD BR collection coming out, any other Blu-Rays worth getting?

I'm pretty much done with collecting DVDs and moving on to Blu Rays.

I know I am also WAY LATE to the thread but yes Media Blasters is all but dead. I know people that work for that company, hell I know people that pretty much work for the Big guys. Media Blasters lost most of their licenses, aren't renewing any stuff

As for Baltimore losing Otakon, that is the city of Baltimore's fault. The BCC hasn't been updated in years and they have hit max capacity at the place. There has been talk for YEARS to updated the BCC but it has never moved beyond that.

Funny part about the DC location, is that the Convention Center is a few blocks away from the White House. Imagine all the cosplay shoots that are going to be there....haha
I liked Tari Tari a lot, but... it's not for everyone. If a girls' coming of age story and slice of life sound good to you, it's worth a watch.

Amagami SS is getting a blu ray release? Dammit.
+1. Dammit. At least I got those at goHastings used, instead of new, like a lot of other titles.

Just a friendly reminder for those who wanted the ttack on Titan DVD/Blu-ray Part 2 (Hyb) Limited Edition + Artbox from TRSI. There are 60 left for preorder: http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/Hqt6ooF1S2QlLOurn0/browse/item/102881/4/0/0

HSotD was one of their biggest selling titles. Depending how how big the artbook is, it may be worth it. I don't mind double dipping on the series (Zombies and boobs yo!) but what turns me off is that the discs will be housed in a digipack -_-

EDIT: Rightstuf also updated their Sailor Moon Blu-ray/DVD Set 1 (Hyb) Limited Edition listing...the coin is OOS! Hope everyone got their preorder in!
Well, I withdraw my snarkiness. I didn't realize it sold that well for them. I do wonder though, how many people are going to pay the extra money for the collector's edition when the other sets are not out of stock (and are three years old now). I just assumed that interest in this show evaporated when the manga went on hiatus and the anime ended.

Funny part about the DC location, is that the Convention Center is a few blocks away from the White House. Imagine all the cosplay shoots that are going to be there....haha
now if only someone will reenact the beginning of Eden of the East so the local news can get a story.

Was talking to frozdragon and at his local bk someone sold their gundam wing collection and I only need operations 7-8-9-10 and endless waltz. So I may have them by the end of this week if bk and froz can make a deal and I'll pay him back. Then my collection of wing will be complete. The only gundam I like

Looks like Amazon is now taking pre-orders for Sailor Moon LE set 1 (though no coin) for $55.99 and eligible for prime. Not bad if you do not care about the coin but w/ tax it is the same as RS for me.
Ehh. I don't like buying anime limited editions or video games from amazon because they might send it in a padded envelope and it could get smashed. Curious though, it it big enough to be packed in a box. Because if it's like the size of the Haganai LE box, then it will get damaged...

Was talking to frozdragon and at his local bk someone sold their gundam wing collection and I only need operations 7-8-9-10 and endless waltz. So I may have them by the end of this week if bk and froz can make a deal and I'll pay him back. Then my collection of wing will be complete. The only gundam I like
Check SecondSpin. I saw Endless Waltz and a bunch of Operations and they are running a 30% off sale with the code 3DAY3CV. They also have the various Complete Collections in stock.

Check SecondSpin. I saw Endless Waltz and a bunch of Operations and they are running a 30% off sale with the code 3DAY3CV. They also have the various Complete Collections in stock.

Thanks for the info but the prices on here are insane. 56.99 for operation 7 and 30 for 10. eBay sometimes has these for half or more than half that price but you have to be quick like super quick. I'll wait on froz and see what they are selling them for. If I can get at least 8 and 9 and buy 10 and 7 when I see them and endless on amazon I'll be good. I'll update when I get confirmation from him

Well, I withdraw my snarkiness. I didn't realize it sold that well for them. I do wonder though, how many people are going to pay the extra money for the collector's edition when the other sets are not out of stock (and are three years old now). I just assumed that interest in this show evaporated when the manga went on hiatus and the anime ended.
I can see it selling decently well. I for one will be buying it again. I enjoyed the series, even if it is shitted on by most people.

Lol, Wing is the only Gundam I don't like. Probably because was created was for the primary viewers to be girls. The pacing and filler is just awful imo. Anyways, try out Amazon and search "anime lot" or "mech DVD lot" on ebay.

I can see it selling decently well. I for one will be buying it again. I enjoyed the series, even if it is shitted on by most people.

Lol, Wing is the only Gundam I don't like. Probably because was created was for the primary viewers to be girls. The pacing and filler is just awful imo. Anyways, try out Amazon and search "anime lot" or "mech DVD lot" on ebay.
was it really intended for girls? i thought it was fucking awesome. the pacing is a little off and the fillers are either really bad or really bad with a cool fight. the fights were insane and deathscythe gundam was the best next to wing zero. amazon has a few here and there but they are so vague since i want the actual insert that comes inside. a few special ones came with gundam trading cards. i may try doing mech dvd lot though. thanks for the advice.

gundam is so expensive to collect. wing is the cheapest imo and its still not very cheap. i've spent 125 roughly and im not close to being complete.

some dude is selling complete gundam wing for 24 with free shipping on a bid. no one's watching or bidding since its listed as mecha oop. i may pick it up even though i already have half the series. anybody want operations 1-6 if i win? im trying to give him 15 for the ops i need. pray for me y'all i think it just hit the jackpot. and they're sealed!!!!! he's trying to get rid of his collection. im marking out right now. 

Sailor Moon gets a lot of hate, but it still has a huge fandom. The manga sold so well they were able to publish the side stories and Sailor V while imported merchandise from the 20th Anniversary in Japan has been in FYE and Hot Topic for over a year.

Out of curiosity, any of you fine folk going to Otakon?
I am.

Thanks for the info but the prices on here are insane. 56.99 for operation 7 and 30 for 10. eBay sometimes has these for half or more than half that price but you have to be quick like super quick. I'll wait on froz and see what they are selling them for. If I can get at least 8 and 9 and buy 10 and 7 when I see them and endless on amazon I'll be good. I'll update when I get confirmation from him
Yea sorry haven't had a chance to get back there yet, been doing heavy labor to pay for my pre orders lol

>> I saw some pretty cheap complete col. 1 & col. 2 online tho

A bit off topic but anyone here have a anime related tattoo? Only one I'd ever consider is the sacrifice brand from berserk which is awesome especially in the neck area

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask, but does anyone remember if Amazon promotional credit (i.e., not gift card credit) is refunded for an order to which it was applied? I want to preorder the Sailor Moon set on Amazon, but because I might change my mind about buying it, I would rather not spend promo credit on it (though I'm fine with using GC credit).

If I can preorder some other random thing and apply the promo credit to it, preorder Sailor Moon, then cancel the other preorder and get my promo credit back, I'll do so.

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask, but does anyone remember if Amazon promotional credit (i.e., not gift card credit) is refunded for an order to which it was applied? I want to preorder the Sailor Moon set on Amazon, but because I might change my mind about buying it, I would rather not spend promo credit on it (though I'm fine with using GC credit).

If I can preorder some other random thing and apply the promo credit to it, preorder Sailor Moon, then cancel the other preorder and get my promo credit back, I'll do so.
I recall in the past promotional credit is not refunded if an order has been refunded, so you may want to be careful cancelling stuff that has promotional credit on there.

I recall in the past promotional credit is not refunded if an order has been refunded, so you may want to be careful cancelling stuff that has promotional credit on there.
Thanks. I guess I'll have to hope Amazon puts something else on sale that I can use the promo credit on.

Can't you remove promo credit from the advanced payment option window during checkout? I can't remember if that's the case, or if you can only remove Gift Card credit.
Promo credit and gift card credit are lumped together, so I can't choose to not redeem the promo credit and just pay with gift card credit.

Wing's story was not. Wing's character designs? Oh, hell yes.

BTW, Altron rulez all Wing Gundams.
Lol it had the whole "bad boy, but he has feelings" and Relena's constant need to try to change Heero love story throughout the whole show. Yea, I know every Gundam show has a love story but this one was just felt so forced to me. In addition, there are the character designs lol. I liked the mechs (Gimmie dat Leo and Epyon!) and battle scenes though. The movie Endless Waltz was also pretty good too. However, the show has too much filler for my tastes. I always try to rewatch the show but never do because I get bored. I will give the show respect though as it was my and many others gateway into anime.

Out of curiosity, any of you fine folk going to Otakon?
Yup, I am. Just interviewed for a new job and I hope they give me that Thursday and maybe the following Monday off (pretty sure I got the job). Even though part of me likes Otakon a lot, the size of it and all the walking/waiting just puts its toll on my body. Especially when you hit Sunday and you're just sort of fed up with it... lol. That move to the convention center to DC can't happen any sooner. =S

PS. Gundam Wing was great when I was like 9 or 10 when came on Toonami. Then I re-watched it when I was 15, I found it to be very boring. I think I just watched it for the gundam battles as a kid.

The gundam wing hate is real. as a kid I thought it was the greatest thing next to sliced bread and as a young adult I still think it's the shit since most other series are convoluted IMO. Both sellers said they wouldn't sell the individual volumes even though if they did they'd maximize their sales. One guy said that a lot of people were eyeballing it and when I checked I'm the only watcher with a little over 23 hours left. If I win for 24 does anyone want ops 1-6?

Yup, I am. Just interviewed for a new job and I hope they give me that Thursday and maybe the following Monday off (pretty sure I got the job). Even though part of me likes Otakon a lot, the size of it and all the walking/waiting just puts its toll on my body. Especially when you hit Sunday and you're just sort of fed up with it... lol. That move to the convention center to DC can't happen any sooner. =S
If you guys are down, wanna chill one night at Otakon over some drinks or something. I might be going to the Power Plant on Saturday night to the Howl at the Moon. 64 - 128 ounce drinks plus they have dueling pianos that take song requests till around midnight.

If you guys are down, wanna chill one night at Otakon over some drinks or something. I might be going to the Power Plant on Saturday night to the Howl at the Moon. 64 - 128 ounce drinks plus they have dueling pianos that take song requests till around midnight.
I might be going to some meetup with an Otakon FB Group on Thursday but I know not many people show up until Friday morning/afternoon. As for Saturday, I'm not too sure. I'm helping a friend run their table in the artist alley and Saturday nights are typically spent with whatever movie(s) they are showing that night (sort of a tradition my group has now). If you want to PM me the details though, I'll tell my group about it.

This right here is the horror of overstocking items. I was always puzzled why Bandai would overproduce so much of their titles where say DVD 2 of one anime is insanely common while the final DVD (say, 5) is almost impossible to find.

Is Rightstuf the best place to order aniplex titles?  I've noticed they don't let you apply the Go Anime Discount or coupons...so it seems that is the bottom low price.  They never run any aniplex sales like they do other studios?

Is Rightstuf the best place to order aniplex titles? I've noticed they don't let you apply the Go Anime Discount or coupons...so it seems that is the bottom low price. They never run any aniplex sales like they do other studios?
My smartass self would say Amazon UK is but for the few sellers that Aniplex USA has, I'd say yes. I'd suggest getting a decent shipping option because it seems a few guys on here keep getting their stuff damaged due to Aniplex's absurd LE cases/boxes. And returns apparently go through Aniplex and I know you don't want to deal with that.

My smartass self would say Amazon UK is but for the few sellers the Aniplex USA has, I'd say yes. I'd suggest getting a decent shipping option because it seems a few guys on here keep getting their stuff damaged due to Aniplex's absurd LE cases/boxes. And returns apparently go through Aniplex and I know you don't want to deal with that.
Chris is there a list of bluray player that play these UK releases or region free players I guess? Also do these players play region coded DVDs?

Chris is there a list of bluray player that play these UK releases or region free players I guess? Also do these players play region coded DVDs?
A lot of us are using a certain Seiki Blu Ray player (that was accidentally region free by the manufacturer) and they were being sold at Sears. But a lot of them are gone now. One option these days are region free blu ray players... Amazon USA/UK only have ones that are too expensive IMO but eBay seems to have a few decent deals on region 2 players.

bread's done
Back