Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a heads up.  I randomly stopped in FYE to see what they'd give me in trade for a semi beat up copy of Outlaw Star and I noticed they are doing a Funi SAVE sale.  I'm pretty sure most of the DVDs have been cheaper before but they did have Shakugan no Shana Sason 1 SAVE Blu-ray for $17.99.  It was just $17.49 on amazon last month but still a good deal if you have some FYE credit to burn.  I ended up getting $14 for Outlaw Star and picked up the SnS blu.

Also anyone have any tips for getting hard to remove price tag stickers off of slipcovers?  I scored Eva 1.11 and 2.22 1st printing blu's for $15 each last week, but this store uses shity price tag stickers.  They are almost as bad as the old FYE/Second Spin ones.  I'm probably going to try the hair dryer and goo gone method, but I'm listening if anyone knows a better way to remove them.

EDIT: Also if someone is looking for Eva 1.11 (slipcover) and 2.22 (no slipcover) 2nd run blu-rays, I have both up for grabs.  Neither of them have been played but they aren't sealed.  Send me a PM if you're interested.

Just a heads up. I randomly stopped in FYE to see what they'd give me in trade for a semi beat up copy of Outlaw Star and I noticed they are doing a Funi SAVE sale. I'm pretty sure most of the DVDs have been cheaper before but they did have Shakugan no Shana Sason 1 SAVE Blu-ray for $17.99. It was just $17.49 on amazon last month but still a good deal if you have some FYE credit to burn. I ended up getting $14 for Outlaw Star and picked up the SnS blu.

Also anyone have any tips for getting hard to remove price tag stickers off of slipcovers? I scored Eva 1.11 and 2.22 1st printing blu's for $15 each last week, but this store uses shity price tag stickers. They are almost as bad as the old FYE/Second Spin ones. I'm probably going to try the hair dryer and goo gone method, but I'm listening if anyone knows a better way to remove them.

EDIT: Also if someone is looking for Eva 1.11 (slipcover) and 2.22 (no slipcover) 2nd run blu-rays, I have both up for grabs. Neither of them have been played but they aren't sealed. Send me a PM if you're interested.
Yeah the Funi SAVE sale has been going on since the middle of July or so. Anything that is $29.99 is $17.99 and titles that are $19.99 are $12.99 maybe. Either way it is a good sale for those looking to get some titles.

As far as removing the stickers off of the slipbox for 1.11 and the slipcover for 2.22. Do what you suggested. Use the Goo Gone, apply it with a q-tip and let is sit for about a minute or so. Then if you can remove the sticker. You may need to do this a few times to completely remove the sticker.

Just to note, there are prices in between the $12.99 and $17.99. I forget which one but one of the newer sets was $14.99.

I want that upcoming Sailor Moon Blu Ray set.. but it's 70 bucks!
It was only $56 when it was first annouced on Amazon. But it might go down again. If it doesn't like refused said order it from RS.

Also on a side note, looks like Heaven's Lost Property Season 2 Classic has been moved from August 12th to August 26th.

i really like supporting rightstuf but it's hard to when even after their sale price on the Manga Ent. stuff AND after my GA discount, their prices are still higher than Amazon.
What titles are you looking at? Just as an example, I just checked Rightstuf and Amazon for GiTS 25th anniversary. Amazon has it for $24.99 and Rightstuf has it for $17.99. Rightstuf also has First Squad Blu-Ray for $11.99 Amazon for $21.27.

So it is offical...

http://www.hypable.com/2014/08/03/studio-ghibli-announces-closure/

STUDIO GHIBLI ANNOUNCES CLOSURE

Toshio Suzuki has announced the closure of Studio Ghibli. Here’s a translated version of the news article:

"Just moments ago, Toshio Suzuki, Studio Ghibli producer, announced on the TV show of the MBS Jounetsu Tairiku chain effectively as announced as sources close to the studio, Studio Ghibli will close and production studio anime, leaving himself only as a company that will manage its trademarks. As stated in the program’s producer, "the production department of anime will be dismantled," which coincides with the data that we gave in our previous post on this decision had been taken from spring after the poor reception at the box office of Kaguya-hime no Monogatari.

In the interview, Suzuki has also admitted that it was a major setback for the study progress Hayao Miyazaki, one of the reasons already unveiled the portal Rakuten Woman. Once we have access to the full TV interview, adding more data. No doubt that this is a very sad news for Japanese animation, of which we are all fans, because it is undeniable everything Studio Ghibli has given the anime. Please remember that what will be his last film, Omoide no Marnie, premiered at the Japanese box office on 19 July.”

Post per beatnikslacker @ br.com

The good thing is, that they will still license their stuff so we don't have to worry about that too much. It just means we won't see any new movies from them for a bit. They said they are willing to freelance though.

I think if Disney were smart they would hurry up and buy them already....

Just imagine Catbus in Disney Infinity....

So it is offical...

http://www.hypable.com/2014/08/03/studio-ghibli-announces-closure/

The good thing is, that they will still license their stuff so we don't have to worry about that too much. It just means we won't see any new movies from them for a bit. They said they are willing to freelance though.

I think if Disney were smart they would hurry up and buy them already....

Just imagine Catbus in Disney Infinity....
Well, this is very sad news. :whistle2:(

I watched all of Bleach because I started it in high school and it sort of stuck to me as a weekly trend until it got cancelled. Due to the filler that plagued it throughout its run, I wouldn't recommend anyone to start it because it just goes on and on then goes into filler once things start to get good.

I'm not sure if Bleach will get a Inuyasha or Fairy Tail styled reboot once the manga decides to end, but I guess we'll see.

Bleach was good for the first twenty episodes when they were hunting hollows which was really good stuff; then came the soul society where it all went to hell.
I found the Soul Society arc to be fine. It was everything after that when the series went to hell.

But I think most anime fans agree, Bleach quality went south pretty quick.

On another note, I just placed my order for the complete blu-ray set for Steins;Gate at Right Stuf for $32.99. And I couldn't help myself and put in an order for One Piece Film Z at $20.99. Mainly because I would end up getting it anyway and partly because of that free shipping.

Got an email saying that Viz is shaving $2 off all digital manga, but the prices seem the same to me.
It looks like this is still going on. I was going to skip it but then Amazon had $75 for 10,000 coins which can used to buy manga on the Viz app. The ease of digital manga purchase and instant gratification is dangerous just picked up 26 volumes for three series.

I know you guys aren't the biggest fans of RACS but he posted some info on the CCS sets on his blog. The case used is similar to the Toradora case but with one of those large thick dividers that are always broken from Funi SAVE sets. Reported about 10% or so broken cases from ones he had on order. A shame to see a fragile case on such a pricey item, though with so many disks I can see it having some issues.

NL-CCSCLIPS.jpg

It looks like this is still going on. I was going to skip it but then Amazon had $75 for 10,000 coins which can used to buy manga on the Viz app. The ease of digital manga purchase and instant gratification is dangerous just picked up 26 volumes for three series.
I never heard of Amazon coins. I assume it's like a gift card? How does it work on Viz's app?

I never heard of Amazon coins. I assume it's like a gift card? How does it work on Viz's app?
It's currency for purchases within Amazon apps, it can only be used to buy apps or in app items. In order to use it for viz you must have the current version of the amazon app store installed and viz app downloaded and installed from their store. When you click to buy manga it will give you the option to pay with coins or charged to your normal method of payment.

First the Card Captor Sakura Blu-ray box uses mediocre artwork, and now it has potentially broken cases? Talk about a kick in the pants. Considering its popularity, I figured the series would receive better treatment.

As for the ongoing discussion about Bleach in previous posts, I own the first 15 single DVDs, mainly because I liked the cover art. I was a fan of the series for a while until after the whole Soul Society arc. The whole Arancanar (or however it's spelt) thing dragged on for far too long, and Ichigo always conveniently powered up in order to beat a stronger enemy. Bleach should have remained simple; instead, it just overcomplicated itself. The bad thing about Ichigo taking the spotlight is that it took away from the importance (and popularity) of some other characters. Ishida, Renji, and Byakuya were reduced to role players. Other shonen series eventually allowed the side characters to overshadow the protagonist for a bit (Dragon Ball = Gohan, Hunter x Hunter = Kurapika, Naruto = Sasuke). Of course, some may argue that characters like Toriko and Luffy conveniently power up to defeat stronger foes, which is true, but at least their training is always justified. Ichigo always just magically got stronger because he was mad or felt the determination to win. That just makes things too easy. It's funny how a series that was so incredibly popular a decade ago is now quietl concluding this year.

A bit off topic here, but I recall at one time there someone on this site who lived in Japan and was able to get ahold of Japanese DVDs, books, games to sell to people in the US? I think they even had a website. Anyone remember who that was? 

The whole Arancanar (or however it's spelt) thing dragged on for far too long, and Ichigo always conveniently powered up in order to beat a stronger enemy.
He kinda had to since he was one of the weakest good guys until unlocking Final Getsuga.

The bad thing about Ichigo taking the spotlight is that it took away from the importance (and popularity) of some other characters. Ishida, Renji, and Byakuya were reduced to role players.
And here I always thought the biggest problem people had was that Ichigo didn't get enough screentime. Seriously, if it didn't involve Ulquiorra or Grimmjow Ichigo was a spectator at best during the Arrancar arc.

Other shonen series eventually allowed the side characters to overshadow the protagonist for a bit (Dragon Ball = Gohan, Hunter x Hunter = Kurapika, Naruto = Sasuke).
Not sure about HxH, but Japanese fans despised Gohan taking over and American fans loathe Sasuke.

Of course, some may argue that characters like Toriko and Luffy conveniently power up to defeat stronger foes, which is true, but at least their training is always justified. Ichigo always just magically got stronger because he was mad or felt the determination to win.
Erm, most of the "mad" power ups were simply his Hollow side taking over. Most of the time his powerups are him embracing his other selves.

Also, his extreme powerups are actually justified in universe and it makes a ton of sense.

On Bleach: I followed up with it through the Arrancar arc, though I mostly lost interest after Soul Society. I think my favorite fight is still early on, between Ichigo and Kenpachi. Before all the bankai crap. By the end of the Arrancar arc, Ichigo was just way overpowered that it was boring.

Note that pretty much everything Dragonball related that isn't in the Bargain Bin/Closeout Items area are marked down, including apparel and figures.

It's currency for purchases within Amazon apps, it can only be used to buy apps or in app items. In order to use it for viz you must have the current version of the amazon app store installed and viz app downloaded and installed from their store. When you click to buy manga it will give you the option to pay with coins or charged to your normal method of payment.
Erm, when I go to pay, it says it can only be used on my phone. Does that mean if I change phones or want to redownload a manga to my computer instead I have to rebuy it?

So I just saw an unboxing video for Cardcaptor Sakura, and the case that holds the blurays is so strange. Its has a rounded spine and looks kind of like a capsule. I don't think that I have ever seen one like it before.

I know someone posted a couple of pages back about RAC showing broken cases from the set.

EDIT: Here is the unboxing if anyone is interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VShO_0Wo49Y#t=439

bread's done
Back