Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm so seller shipped item I assume today. Mind you I have yet to pay on the basis that I want to know if it's a bootleg or not prior to opening a case with eBay and starting a debacle in the event that I do get a bootleg. Anywho I think I'm just going to give it a chance. Perhaps it is a extravagant bootleg like some of the breaking bad single season sets. More so this dude has another listing for the same item. Seller rating checks out still worried. oh well live and learn
What seller ships an item before being paid?

Got my Love Live from NISA today! Having only seen WUG I am looking forward to more idol anime.
Your in for a pleasant surprise. Did you get the poster as well? And one more question (sorry) the tracking number they gave you. Did it actually work? The one they gave me won't show any tracking info on USPS. I had to call my Post Office and have the Post Master look it up. Mine should be here this Wednesday...so excited

Your in for a pleasant surprise. Did you get the poster as well? And one more question (sorry) the tracking number they gave you. Did it actually work? The one they gave me won't show any tracking info on USPS. I had to call my Post Office and have the Post Master look it up. Mine should be here this Wednesday...so excited
My tracking number is doing the same thing. I'm kind of wondering if they haven't just actually shipped them and they generated labels a couple days ago.

My tracking number is doing the same thing. I'm kind of wondering if they haven't just actually shipped them and they generated labels a couple days ago.
If I recall he said that mine was shipping from California on Wednesday. Or at least the tracking label was generated then.
But I didn't get the email with the tracking number till the 4th (Thursday). Not really sure what is going on with NISA.

I would call your local Post Office and have them check the tracking number. I can go to the tracking site right now and enter the tracking number and still nothing comes up. But yet the Post Office can track it while I can't?

Our big news this week is NISA's release of the Love Live! premium edition - or rather , the way it just absolutely blew up over the Labor Day weekend. Long story short, we got our copies of it in last Tuesday (about a week prior to the street). We spent Tuesday and Wednesday shipping pre-orders (a lot of them), which left us with around 100 copies left over in our warehouse. So we were sitting pretty with this:

NL-Lovelive.png

Then on Thursday afternoon, the word went out to retailers that NISA was officially stocked out of the sets, and that they were not planning on doing any repress of the set at this time. I put this out in last Friday's newsletter, and all hell broke loose. People started panic buying the sets everywhere - 2, 3, 4 at a time. Of course, this happened over a long weekend, so when we left Friday we had the above, only to came back Tuesday morning to this:

NL-LoveLiveWipedOut.jpg

It reminded me of one of those YouTube videos you see where Walmart put's out a skid of $2 toasters on Black Friday and a hundred people just pile on. Needless to say, the Love Live premium sets we had were 100% sold out within 48 hours - sometime Sunday afternoon, and we actually had a few orders that came in on Monday that we could not fill and had to cancel, and I want to apologize to those folks that we did not have enough to go around for everyone. I gave up my personal copy (which you see in the picture above) to a customer, so I didn't get one either. I did call up the folks at NISA Wednesday and did my best to advocate for a repressing. Not sure what will happen, but I put my two cents in on behalf of fans who where not able to get one. We'll have to wait and see.
Hmm didn't realize this was RACS till I saw the icon. I'm glad I bought it at NISA because I wasn't over charged $20 for it.

I really wish I could understand all this love live love(lol).

My tracking never updated but I live close to NISA so it usually arrives a day after it ships. The poster came separate from the anime in a small layer of bubble wrap.

[quote name="Bread Baking Babe Ruth" post="12070066" timestamp="1409979278"]Worth it?[/quote]
Anime version of the X-men. It was a solid show--not great, and not bad, either.

[quote name="Bread Baking Babe Ruth" post="12070066" timestamp="1409979278"]Worth it?[/quote]
Anime version of the X-men. It was a solid show--not great, and not bad, either.

What seller ships an item before being paid?
apparently this guy. then he relisted the item that i paid for then took it down. according to this ebay seller website the amount of money he's earned he's 'earned' or supposed to 'earn' he's lost. perhaps due to the fact that he ships before payment so everyone is like scew you dude

All this Love Live talk reminds me of my venture into Akiba last week. The show is pretty popular from what I saw. There's even a post board for celebrating Honoka.

I really wish I could undetstand all this love live love(lol).
haha just a show. I mean I don't understand Naruto but people love it.

I don't get it either;it just looks like your run-of-the-mill idol show(the genre isn't my cup of tea though).
Yeah if you don't like the genre I can apprecaite people not liking it. I enjoy it because it is funny, the art is good, and I like the story.

All this Love Live talk reminds me of my venture into Akiba last week. The show is pretty popular from what I saw. There's even a post board for celebrating Honoka.
Now that is pretty cool, would have enjoyed seeing that. Actually just being able to visit would have been cool.

Thats another one I need along with the movie. Sigh so much to buy, so little money lol
I didn't need the movie since it's just a rehash of the first two eps with nothing of interest added (I actually watched this one though as I had my wife watch it instead of the first two eps.... it just felt longer... not any better than the first two eps) thus I will ignore it like most crappy anime movies that just cover stuff that was in the anime.

now the second movie, that one I might need at some point as if I recall right it actually have a new story that wasn't in the anime.

item is shipped and i did pay for it. just patiently waiting for what i think will be a bootleg disguised as the real thing. hopefully i'm wrong because its hard af to find kenshin complete at a reasonable price. 

in other news the first teaser for 4.0 eva was put out. now its 3.0 + 1.0 + (insert title here) so maybe retconning and rebooting. after all anno was gonna make it 5 movies. the run in japan officially ended which may mean that funi will now stop showing in whatever 'theatres' they are putting it out at and now give it to us in december. 

item is shipped and i did pay for it. just patiently waiting for what i think will be a bootleg disguised as the real thing. hopefully i'm wrong because its hard af to find kenshin complete at a reasonable price.

in other news the first teaser for 4.0 eva was put out. now its 3.0 + 1.0 + (insert title here) so maybe retconning and rebooting. after all anno was gonna make it 5 movies. the run in japan officially ended which may mean that funi will now stop showing in whatever 'theatres' they are putting it out at and now give it to us in december.
You know the theater run has been done here for months right? The issue is apparently they had to redub it since the Japanese side wasn't happy with it.

You know the theater run has been done here for months right? The issue is apparently they had to redub it since the Japanese side wasn't happy with it.
it's both of those reasons actually. somewhere funi stated they wanted to make it available for everyone to see and are extending it and you can nominate a local theatre to host. then they went on about the dubbing issue to which they've been working closely with the japanese cast and to which spike spencer said to stay tuned. now there gearing up to release 3.0+1.0 so hopefully this means 3.33 will actually release here in the west because quite frankly im tried of waiting since what will be a year in december. i know we've gone over this before but c'mon funi

i can imagine that. honestly im not that excited for it anymore since everyone says its shite and 3.0 + 1.0 basically implies a reboot. then 5.55 to end it.
To me, at least, "3.0 + 1.0" doesn't imply a reboot - it just seems like another BS Japanese nonsense title. But really, it's way too early to speculate much. I'm just hoping it makes it to theaters by next July so I can see it in Japan.

To me, at least, "3.0 + 1.0" doesn't imply a reboot - it just seems like another BS Japanese nonsense title. But really, it's way too early to speculate much. I'm just hoping it makes it to theaters by next July so I can see it in Japan.
a lot of fans speculate that it will be a reboot and anno will have his way. who knows for sure? i will admit though that seeing it in japan is probably an unprecedented experience

the neverending saga of rurouni kenshin complete continues. it was marked shipped but not really shipped then after i asked the guy to provide me a picture while i wait just to get rid of my disbeliefs he takes it upon himself to say that he won't do that and will instead give me a refund and has yet to respond to my other messages. so i told him i was sorry and what not and have yet to hear back from him. honestly though if the item does come in and i'm going to fight to get my money back this dude screams all sorts of shady and even if it is genuine his practices aren't very great. who the hell marks something shipped before payment to force you to pay for then sends you an email saying its been relisted then takes down the listing and then tries to give you a refund after a question gugughhghgugugh 

the neverending saga of rurouni kenshin complete continues. it was marked shipped but not really shipped then after i asked the guy to provide me a picture while i wait just to get rid of my disbeliefs he takes it upon himself to say that he won't do that and will instead give me a refund and has yet to respond to my other messages. so i told him i was sorry and what not and have yet to hear back from him. honestly though if the item does come in and i'm going to fight to get my money back this dude screams all sorts of shady and even if it is genuine his practices aren't very great. who the hell marks something shipped before payment to force you to pay for then sends you an email saying its been relisted then takes down the listing and then tries to give you a refund after a question gugughhghgugugh
After he refunds you, be sure to leave negative feedback noting that you suspect he's selling bootlegs. Other people deserve to know.

I ordered Eva 3.33 for completion's sake. I saw it already, and yeah, it sucks! I loved 1.11 and 2.22. It's the only anime movies in years that I've rewatched. 3.0+1.0 just seems like a corny way of setting up 4.0, which may be another disappointment. Eva was never consistent to begin with, but I felt 3.0 was a slap in the face to all of its fans.

I'm going to put this as politely as I can.  Although it is possible that he's selling a bootleg copy, it's also possible that he suspects you will file a claim for your money back even if the item is a legitimate copy.  Please remember that it wasn't until after you won the auction that you started asking him questions about it.  You also did all of this before you paid for the auction that you had already won.  You're talking about him trying to "force" you to pay for something that you should have already paid for in the first place. 

You probably seem just as shady a buyer to him as he seems a seller to you.

I'm going to put this as politely as I can. Although it is possible that he's selling a bootleg copy, it's also possible that he suspects you will file a claim for your money back even if the item is a legitimate copy. Please remember that it wasn't until after you won the auction that you started asking him questions about it. You also did all of this before you paid for the auction that you had already won. You're talking about him trying to "force" you to pay for something that you should have already paid for in the first place.

You probably seem just as shady a buyer to him as he seems a seller to you.
Boom! Roger nailed it.

Does this include the cards?
Yes.

Random Help: I'm planning to go to Ikea to buy a cheap poster frame for the Love Live poster that came with NISA. I having trouble figuring out which color frame to get. It's either pink or black. Can anyone help me decide which frame to get? Which one will match the poster? The frame I'm looking at is the NYTTJA Frame http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40186058/#/90186051.

Just finished my so b last night and after only seeing WUG, Love Live was a nice upgrade in quality.
I started WUG, still like Love Live! more. WUG isn't bad. Also started Locodol. That is pretty decent as well.

Does this include the cards?
There is only one card bud. :) How I wish there were more.

If there is anyone who doesn't want there card code and willing to part with it please PM me.

bread's done
Back