Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty sure you've shown off your list of purchases here before during some sales. :lol:
I'm not proud of my problem lol

I remember the 25 for $100 deals... or whatever it was, and I remember dropping $300 during one of said sales. The box was massive and I couldn't lift it.
I remember busting my ass in highschool to make enough to get those $100 deals. Good times.

I think I topped out at $200 for those... but one of my orders was nothing but art box + dvd 1 or 2 things lol
Me too!

Gohastings.com seems to have Freezing LE used for sale but unsure since it does not say limited edition and sorry again for not posting a link.
Its the LE, go for it (UPC code matches the LE).

I picked up the Arakawa season 1 + season 2 PE bundle from RightStuf. :ziplip:
I am still waiting for that bundle to come back instock >.<

what was the problem with ben-to?
Apparently they had the wrong version (TV vs BD versions).

Got my AoT Pt. 2 w/box and Panty & Stocking shipment in today. I always use free shipping but props to RS for Double boxing it. Yo dawg, I heard you like boxes, etc.

RL13jHUl.jpg
Very nice. I snagged Arakawa 1 and 2 (about $~20 off old prices for both) from them along with P&S, so hopefully that gets here soon.

For some reason the Arakawa bundle is about $8 more than ordering them separately, and there seems to be no difference in included content at all, either.

I picked up the Arakawa season 1 + season 2 PE bundle from RightStuf. :ziplip:
I was going to get the PE version, but having a PE for S2 and a standard edition for S1 would've driven me up the wall or forced me to pay too much for a S1 LE.

^ Right Stuf always ships out stuff once it hits their warehouse unless they have some sort of restriction on breaking the street date.
I think I got Henneko more than a month before release lol

I found a used Rorouni Kenshin premium box set 2 for around $73. I enjoyed the few episodes that I've seen, but I'm not sure about the price. Is that about the going rate or should I jump on that price?

It was premium box 1 and 2 but now I'm not sure what they sold for.I thought it was for 55 or so but I could be wrong
Ah I hate those bento boxes. I have them and their god awful, simply due to the cardboard sleeves the discs come in. At least you can put the discs in thinpaks and still fit inside the boxes, but still.

Ah I hate those bento boxes. I have them and their god awful, simply due to the cardboard sleeves the discs come in. At least you can put the discs in thinpaks and still fit inside the boxes, but still.
Yeah, those sleeves are actually pretty crappy storage wise, and as you've mentioned they don't really occupy space, so if you shake the box they shift around.

Speaking of Kenshin, I was floored to see that not only is the second movie already out, but the third movie just hit theaters in Japan. If they were as good as the first one was, I can't wait to see the other movies. It's crazy that the first movie hasn't even hit here yet (I grabbed the region free UK release).
Late to this, but I saw both movies when they overlapped in the theaters on Sunday during Toho day (discount, yay) and they were phenomenal, especially since I thought that the first movie was a jumbled mess of mediocre. Both the Shishio and Aoshi arcs play wonderfully in the movie.

Late to this, but I saw both movies when they overlapped in the theaters on Sunday during Toho day (discount, yay) and they were phenomenal, especially since I thought that the first movie was a jumbled mess of mediocre. Both the Shishio and Aoshi arcs play wonderfully in the movie.
The first movie wasn't terrible but it was a bit too long. I can't wait to see the new movies though... I've heard nothing but good things about them. I'm glad you liked them. =P

Yeah, those sleeves are actually pretty crappy storage wise, and as you've mentioned they don't really occupy space, so if you shake the box they shift around.
Yep, and that the sleeves would always scratch the discs as well. Didn't have that problem with the first one since I already had the singles and got it as a empty artbox from rightstuf. But the latter two seasons I nabbed as sets and every single disc had marks.

Does RS ship everything in an order out at once, or do they ship out preorders as they become available?

Does RS ship everything in an order out at once, or do they ship out preorders as they become available?
They have predetermined dates when they ship out partial shipments. I forget what it is exactly but I think it is about every two weeks.

Anyone else's Ghost In The Shell 25 Anniversary ship out?

Mine has shipped out today and should be here by the 20th.

They have predetermined dates when they ship out partial shipments. I forget what it is exactly but I think it is about every two weeks.
I actually asked RS about this before I made my first big purchase (~2yrs ago) because I was curious as to how my big order consisting of in-stock items and pre-orders was going to be shipped. According to the rep they do partial shipments every other Monday, and only when they have at least 50% of your order ready to ship. Some of my items have shipped without the 50% threshold if I waited long enough though.

Got my copy in. Comes in a stupid eco case which I'll replace later.
As you can see it also has the booklet. It is barebones with no special features as well.
The slipcover has a nice holofoil effect and the title is embossed on the bottom along with the triangle.

Audio per the back.

English: Dolby 5.1 DTS-HD
Japanese: Dolby Digital 2.0

Picture044_zps5d3cb61c.jpg

Picture046_zpsad390fec.jpg

Picture048_zps5ed89472.jpg

Picture050_zps827f5fb3.jpg

Just started Toriko, I was expecting ridiculously over the top shounen action, but maybe not this ridiculously over the top

Yea, I just could not get into the manga, and it is currently the only chapter in Shonen Jump I outright skip (though HunterxHunter might join it until Gon comes back as I am completely lost)

idk i like toriko love the food aspect of it, the world they live in. Kind of reminds me of something i watch when i was young Fighting Foodons

I know I have said this before, but I love MovieStop. Got Is This a Zombie Season 1 & 2 LEs, DBZ Orange Bricks Seasons 8 and 9, Certain Scientific Railgun Season 1 Part 1 and 2 (Part 1 LE), Soul Eater Weapon Collection, Naruto Shippuden Set 6, Full Metal Panic Season 1 (ADV navy blue thinpak), Fairy Tail movie, and Last Action Hero for $145 total.

I know I have said this before, but I love MovieStop. Got Is This a Zombie Season 1 & 2 LEs, DBZ Orange Bricks Seasons 8 and 9, Certain Scientific Railgun Season 1 Part 1 and 2 (Part 1 LE), Soul Eater Weapon Collection, Naruto Shippuden Set 6, Full Metal Panic Season 1 (ADV navy blue thinpak), Fairy Tail movie, and Last Action Hero for $145 total.
I know I have said this before, but I hate that I don't have any MovieStops in my area. :wall:

I feel like rolling the dice and goto my movie trading company and see if I find something its only a 10 min drive.

I feel like rolling the dice and goto my movie trading company and see if I find something its only a 10 min drive.
You should. Most provide better TIV than FYE/Suncoast, so if you have a decent anime following in your town you might find some gems. It also helps if they don't care about eBay or Amazon prices (as MovieStop prices out of print stuff way lower than current releases).

BTW, in case anyone here doesn't believe me, here is my receipt.

20140919_194928-1.jpg

The Toaru lines are Railgun.

Finished The Garden of Words(first time watching a Makoto Shinkai film). Animation wise it is absolutely gorgeous. The film got a lot in only 46 mins. Got a bit too melodramatic near the end,but otherwise I really enjoyed it.It would be nice if someone here would pick up his other films for BR releases(same with Satoshi Kon's films).

Last action hero is the Shit! I'm serious, I love that movie.

They actually have it for $5.99 new. No idea if Mill Creek actually does good transfers or not since their entire library (which lately consists of older TV shows) is dirt cheap, but here's hoping.

I personally refuse to look because I'm putting myself on a buying freeze (only letting orders go through that I placed before being laid off). But with so many interviews that I've been having that could change very soon...

Anyway, gohastings tends to be a 50/50 chance for me on finding of a half decent deal during a sale. I think the last anime I got out of there was Ga Rei Zero for 20ish bucks which was perfect for that anime, lol. EDIT: And yeah, Gurren, people tend to clear out all of their good PS3 games and anime within hours of their sales. Not to mention their site is terrible with telling you what's in/out of stock until you actually hit the product page.

Just to let you know, GSG is just the first season. Still well worth the price, but it doesn't include Il Teatrino or the OVA.

So I'm looking at my DVD Planet order and it says it arrived at the "partner shipping facility" on the 14th and "left partner shipping facility" ont the 17th, but nothing since then. I'm assuming the "partner" is USPS outsourcing some of their packages. Is there anyway to track it now? 

So I'm looking at my DVD Planet order and it says it arrived at the "partner shipping facility" on the 14th and "left partner shipping facility" ont the 17th, but nothing since then. I'm assuming the "partner" is USPS outsourcing some of their packages. Is there anyway to track it now?
I'd say at this point you just have to hope for the best and be patient. I'd say call or e-mail their support, but a majority of the time they are clueless and completely useless. Worth a shot if you're really worried about it though.

I'd say at this point you just have to hope for the best and be patient. I'd say call or e-mail their support, but a majority of the time they are clueless and completely useless. Worth a shot if you're really worried about it though.
Thanks for the response. Now this is going to sound idiotic, but who do I call if I get worried? DVD Planet or USPS?

I've noticed twice this year that items I had shipped had updates completely stop until I received the item, and I noticed once that an item was accidentally sent to an incorrect office so it took another 4 days to reach me.  It seems to me that updates are much slower as a whole anyway.

Unless you have a tracking number, probably only DVD Planet would be able to help you in the end.  Still, chances are good that it's either an update issue or a post office being busy or just one of those "oops" moments.

Also, there are a few odds and ends in the anime department on clearance at Hastings too.  Some of them - Simoun: Endless Melody Collection (Amazon says its the version without the "Animeworks Classic" gray box outline) for $7.50 or Ikki Tousen: Dragon Destiny Vol. 3 or each volume of Queen's Blade Season 1 for $5.00 a piece isn't bad.

I don't know if any of the others are good deals though.

Is blood lad worth it at less than $17?
The first episode was terrible and I passed on the series altogether. I know it's not a long anime (10 episodes?) but I know the manga is still ongoing. Below $20 sounds appropriate for what you're getting. The Blu was like $50+ which was stupid expensive for such a short series.

Thanks for the response. Now this is going to sound idiotic, but who do I call if I get worried? DVD Planet or USPS?
I think Rockykai answered your question pretty well, but if you don't have a tracking number, USPS can't do anything about it. You would have to call them but I bet you will get a response like "it's already shipped and since it was free, you don't get tracking" or some BS like that.

The first episode was terrible and I passed on the series altogether. I know it's not a long anime (10 episodes?) but I know the manga is still ongoing. Below $20 sounds appropriate for what you're getting. The Blu was like $50+ which was stupid expensive for such a short series.
It is $50 because it is a recent release, a combo pack, and includes a booklet.

As for quality, when Viz talked about the show in their panel, the crowd went nuts.

Also, FUNimation put up the first 9 episodes of Barakamon, Sengoku Basara: End of Judgement, and Free! Eternal Summer on their YouTube page.

Hi all!

Haven't been on in a while so here's what I got so far:

Cancelled my eBay order of Peacemaker and opted to buy it on Amazon for 8 bucks rather than 12. It came brand new and so far its pretty great.

Just bought Gunslinger Girl 1 and 2 Complete Collection off of GoHastings for 11.68 shipped. Not bad for the complete series. Wish I could have gotten the OVA but they were sold out. Seems like a great show. 

bread's done
Back