Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Quick question to anyone who ordered from Funimation, how long does it take them to process an order? I got the confirmation the same day I ordered on Monday but it stills says processing and I'm just trying to get an idea when it'll ship out. (First time buying from them).

Quick question to anyone who ordered from Funimation, how long does it take them to process an order? I got the confirmation the same day I ordered on Monday but it stills says processing and I'm just trying to get an idea when it'll ship out. (First time buying from them).
The standard shipping is standard, so it should ship out towards the latter half of the week.

My last order was shipped within 5 days, and arrived early the following week, so that should give you an idea.

The Japanese version I think do come with slipcovers though for each individual volume, so that may be what he is confusing it with.
That's what I was thinking about, yeah. The individual volumes.

I pointed it out 'cause the Watamote slipcovers for the individual volumes look pretty nice.

Hal - The Movie [Blu-ray/DVD Combo] $14.99

The cheapest it has been since it came out.

This set is also similar to the FMA Brotherhood original sets, so it has that side slipcover, and it comes with some bonus stuff on the inside, kind of like an LE.

It's a pretty nice set for a movie, also, the movie is not bad either.
I agree with Square on this one. This is a very good movie and a nice LE as Funi likes to call it.

It basically comes in a very thin slipbox and also three additional cover art (the paper insert that goes under the plastic of the blu ray case) that can be swapped out. I am guessing once they run out of this any new pressings will one come with the bonus three cover art.

I didn't swap out the coverart but they are nice. I used 3 extra blu ray cases and put the art on them and put them next to slipbox. I really didn't like storing it the slipbox.

I agree with Square on this one. This is a very good movie and a nice LE as Funi likes to call it.

It basically comes in a very thin slipbox and also three additional cover art (the paper insert that goes under the plastic of the blu ray case) that can be swapped out. I am guessing once they run out of this any new pressings will one come with the bonus three cover art.

I didn't swap out the coverart but they are nice. I used 3 extra blu ray cases and put the art on them and put them next to slipbox. I really didn't like storing it the slipbox.
It's okay, when sometime down the line the newer versions without all the extras become cheap you can fill those boxes up...whenever that is. ;D

I grabbed it when it hit. It has about 4 OVA's I believe. The two best ones being about the past of Ed and Al's master and the one about Mustang and Hughes from when they first started in the military. They also have a lot of shorts that was apparently from mini joke comics in the manga but they are (sort of) animated. It's way better than the "premium" OVA collection from the original series.

To note, these originally came on the Blus in Japan but Funimaton wanted the extra $$$ and made it a separate release.

So uhm anyone that ordered from Funimation did your order total go up? I just tracked it again 5 minutes ago and it showed total about $100 more than my confirmation, looks like a glitch as sale prices change but so far the hold charge hasn't changed.

So uhm anyone that ordered from Funimation did your order total go up? I just tracked it again 5 minutes ago and it showed total about $100 more than my confirmation, looks like a glitch as sale prices change but so far the hold charge hasn't changed.
Just checked mine and everything was the same.

Just checked mine and everything was the same.
Hmm when you check yours does it say "Status: Processing"? Also I paid $15 for 2 day shipping yet that charge disappeared from the page, I'm guessing it's a internal issue as before I used to have return request received but then it went away. Regardless I checked my bank account and I haven't been double charged and it hasn't gone up although its still in process. I imagine they must just be really busy. I was nervous at work as I can't check my bank account there due to how I only check it on a live linux boot-up and my encrypted password database. I'll jsut have to keep an eye on it.

Hmm when you check yours does it say "Status: Processing"? Also I paid $15 for 2 day shipping yet that charge disappeared from the page, I'm guessing it's a internal issue as before I used to have return request received but then it went away. Regardless I checked my bank account and I haven't been double charged and it hasn't gone up although its still in process. I imagine they must just be really busy. I was nervous at work as I can't check my bank account there due to how I only check it on a live linux boot-up and my encrypted password database. I'll jsut have to keep an eye on it.
Yep, and none of the prices have changed.

So you actually did pay for faster shipping, huh? Funimation's website tends to have issues around the holidays as they seem to have a hard time handling high volume traffic on their shop.

Best thing to do is just wait until the end of the week I guess.

Rightstuf had some restocks on some of the titles, so here's a stock counter update,

Waves 1-3

Mardock Scramble: The First Compression DVD (Hyb) Retail: $29.98Your Price: $3.99*(87% Off) - 0 Left

Papuwa DVD Box Complete Collection (Hyb) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $7.99*(87% Off) -10 Left

Special A (S.A) DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $12.99*(78% Off) - In stock

Xam'd DVD Collection 2 (Hyb) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $6.99*(88% Off) - 0 Left

[SIZE=12pt]Ranma 1/2 Blu-ray Set 1 (Hyb) Special Edition [/SIZE]Retail: $54.97Your Price: $27.49*(50% Off) - 0 Left @ Sale Price

Blood Lad DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) Retail: $69.99Your Price: $34.99*(50% Off) - 0 Left @ Sale Price

[SIZE=12pt]K DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) Limited Editionhttp://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=http://www.rightstuf.com/i/782009242956&pid=12220957 [/SIZE]Retail: $69.99Your Price: $34.99*(50% Off) - 0 Left @ Sale Price

Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet DVD/Blu-ray Complete Series (Hyb) Sp... Retail: $69.99Your Price: $34.99*(50% Off) - 0 Left @ Sale Price

[SIZE=12pt]Kobato DVD Collection 1 (S)http://www.cheapassgamer.com/redirect.php?url=http://www.rightstuf.com/i/sfkb100&pid=12220957 [/SIZE]Retail: $49.98Your Price: $7.99*(84% Off) - In Stock

Blade of the Phantom Master (Shin Angyo Onshi) DVD (Hyb) Retail: $24.98Your Price: $2.29*(91% Off) - 0 Left

[SIZE=12pt]Get Backers Complete Series DVD Collection (Hyb) (Thinpak) - 0 Left[/SIZE]

Azumanga Daioh Lithograph Retail: $49.99Your Price: $19.99*(60% Off) - 76 Left

Golgo 13 DVD Collection 3 (Hyb) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $7.99*(87% Off) - In Stock

Day 1

Cosplay Complex/My Dear Marie DVD Double Pack (Hyb) Retail: $19.98Your Price: $6.99*(65% Off) - 20 Left

Eden's Bowy Complete Collection DVD (Hyb) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $8.99*(78% Off) - 9 Left

Eden's Bowy Complete Collection DVD (Hyb) (Thinpak) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $9.99*(75% Off) - 43 Left

Emma Season 2 Box Set Retail: $49.99Your Price: $14.99*(70% Off) - 71 Left

Hello Kitty & Friends: Holiday Fun Box DVD (D) Retail: $29.98Your Price: $9.99*(67% Off) - 62 Left

Kaleido Star: New Wings DVD Box Set (Hyb) (Thinpak) Retail: $59.98Your Price: $6.99*(88% Off) - 0 Left

Kekkaishi DVD Set 1 (Hyb) Retail: $24.98Your Price: $11.24*(55% Off) - 3 Left

Mayo Chiki! DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - In Stock

Excel Saga Plush: Menchi Rug Retail: $9.99Your Price: $2.99*(70% Off) - 0 Left

Najica Blitz Tactics DVD Complete Collection (Hyb) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $12.99*(68% Off) - 7 Left

Naruto: Shippuden Movie 4 DVD: The Lost T Retail: $19.98Your Price: $8.99*(55% Off) - 59 Left

Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan DVD Set 1 (H Retail: $44.82Your Price: $20.17*(55% Off) - 79 Left

Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan DVD Set 2 (H Retail: $44.82Your Price: $20.17*(55% Off) - 79 Left

Nyan Koi! DVD Complete Collection (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - In Stock

Professor Layton Movie 1 DVD (Hyb): Profe Retail: $9.98Your Price: $4.49*(55% Off) - 0 Left

Day 2

Evangelion, Neon Genesis Directors Cut: Resurrection DVD (Hyb) Retail: $29.98Your Price: $2.99*(90% Off) - 39 Left

Gilgamesh DVD Box Set (Thinpak) Retail: $69.98Your Price: $10.99*(84% Off) - 0 Left

La Corda d'Oro ~ Primo Passo ~ DVD Collection 1 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - Listings were inactive when sale went live
La Corda d'Oro ~ Primo Passo ~ DVD Collection 2 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - Listings were inactive when sale went live
Saint Seiya DVD Collection 2 (Hyb) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $6.99*(86% Off) - 0 Left
Yugo the Negotiator DVD Collection (Hyb) Retail: $39.98Your Price: $7.99*(80% Off) - 46 Left

Day 3
Eyeshield 21 DVD Collection 1 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - 37 Left
Eyeshield 21 DVD Collection 2 (S) Retail: $49.98Your Price: $8.99*(82% Off) - 50 Left

Yep, and none of the prices have changed.

So you actually did pay for faster shipping, huh? Funimation's website tends to have issues around the holidays as they seem to have a hard time handling high volume traffic on their shop.

Best thing to do is just wait until the end of the week I guess.
Yeah it wasn't a big deal, $15 for 20 or so anime was pretty cheap for 2 day and since I got a nice full time IT job I've been spending a lot more than usual lol. But yeah I figured with the holidays they're pretty busy.

Yeah it wasn't a big deal, $15 for 20 or so anime was pretty cheap for 2 day and since I got a nice full time IT job I've been spending a lot more than usual lol. But yeah I figured with the holidays they're pretty busy.
Save the $15-20 for an anime series or two.

My Funimation orders didn't have any price changes either.

Gah. Buying so much stuff I can't keep track of it all. My Wave 1 shipment got to the post office last week and has yet to reach my doorstop. -_-

Devil is an amazingly funny show. I highly recommend it. However, I did pick it up at for $24 on release week. So I do think it has potential to be cheaper...

I keep seeing this ad for the rightstuf sale, does anyone know who these characters are?

Alright thanks, I may wait a little while and see then, no rush. Or maybe I'll cave in xD
Thanks

They are from Sengoku Collection, according to my Google image search which took me to rakuten in Japanese lol

Alright thanks, I may wait a little while and see then, no rush. Or maybe I'll cave in xD
Thanks

They are from Sengoku Collection, according to my Google image search which took me to rakuten in Japanese lol
Yeah, I believe it was $25 from Best Buy prior to Black Friday. I enjoyed the hell out of it--very funny!

Devil is an amazingly funny show. I highly recommend it. However, I did pick it up at for $24 on release week. So I do think it has potential to be cheaper...

I keep seeing this ad for the rightstuf sale, does anyone know who these characters are?
Reverse image search says Sengoku Collection.

And... people already answered.

TYBG 

FMA Brotherhood Complete Collection 2 on Amazon for 34 bucks and with the slipcover. Was so desperate that I was about to pay 55 on eBay. 

Hmm, wonder if I should pick up the Rosario Vampire series, any recommendations?

Also, I noticed on the FUNi site that they jacked up the LE of Panty & Stocking from $9.75 to $14.62.

More Sentai Mega Deals~ I enjoyed Stella though not enough to purchase. Nothing for me today.

Today's RS Mega Deal

mega018b.jpg

Stella Women's Academy Blu-ray Complete Collection

$29.99

http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6827/catalogmgr/X1C0xhuQGb0CzK=hp5/browse/item/103988/4/0/0

Hmm, wonder if I should pick up the Rosario Vampire series, any recommendations?

Also, I noticed on the FUNi site that they jacked up the LE of Panty & Stocking from $9.75 to $14.62.
I enjoyed rosario vampire for what it was.... but it's not a great series overall...

it will be one of the few ecchi series I will likely own at some point that I didn't buy randomly at $5 for the whole series though.

first thoughts on the day 4 sale:

oh look a complete collection of bodacious space pirates after I bought the parts... oh well.. wait a tic... it's $7 more than I paid for the parts that are still available :p

Day 4 full list y'all!

I agree with zulux21, a fun enjoyable show for what it was. It's far more light and comical than the original manga, but still worth picking up for the sale price if you're into a comedy/action/ecchi show with vampires, werewolves, witches, monsters, etc.

second thoughts on day 4 sale:

anyone who likes to be amused should buy Ouran High School Host Club.

beyond that I am amused at the items that were on sale on the funimation sale for cheaper...

on the plus side I don't have to feel bad about paying less a few days ago... and it removes a lot of stuff for me to buy... which is good since I am about to give funimation $55 for their video service again.

I agree with zulux21, a fun enjoyable show for what it was. It's far more light and comical than the original manga, but still worth picking up for the sale price if you're into a comedy/action/ecchi show with vampires, werewolves, witches, monsters, etc.
I enjoy it too. Pretty quirky and like you said different from the manga. I think alot of people hated it because of that but I again didn't mind and enjoyed the show. So much so that I hunted down the LE for it just to have it....

I enjoy it too. Pretty quirky and like you said different from the manga. I think alot of people hated it because of that but I again didn't mind and enjoyed the show. So much so that I hunted down the LE for it just to have it....
it helped that I didn't read the manga first.... I should continue reading the manga... it isn't that bad... for an ecchi show.

also summer wars is a good movie (rightstuf day 4 stuff)... not 100% sure that is a great price for it, but it is at least a good price for it.

$11.99 is a very good price for Summer Wars. And the same can be said for that $10 price for Grave of Fireflies.

The price tracker at br.com listed

$12.98 and $12.99 the lowest for both Summer and Grave.

Unless you enjoy seeing panty shots every few seconds I wouldn't bother. It's got shitty jokes that they feel the need to repeat over and over again.The characters are shallow as hell and have no development. It's basically a monster of the week show,just boring for the most part.

Both of these seem like sweet deals:

I'm really tempted to give Slayers a try, especially since it amounts to only $23.99 for 70 episodes.
If you want a great fantasy parody then it is definitely worth it at that price. I think the show aged mostly well for the most part.

If you want a great fantasy parody then it is definitely worth it at that price. I think the show aged mostly well for the most part.
it aged well enough, but for full enjoyment of slayers some D&D knowledge is a good thing :p

plus it's got a surprisingly good dub for the time it was released.

it's an early crispin freeman role... and you have ash katchum playing a female in it :p

bread's done
Back