Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the feedback on Magical Index. Gotta say, I just finished episode nine and I'm glad I streamed it on funimation instead of buying it because its been very average. The writing is poor and the dub isn't great. 

Index isn't perfect but does have some interesting episodes. Kind of the reason why I waited for the complete series version on Blu Ray.

Thanks for the feedback on Magical Index. Gotta say, I just finished episode nine and I'm glad I streamed it on funimation instead of buying it because its been very average. The writing is poor and the dub isn't great.
The consensus is that Railgun is the better series of the two.

Make sure you keep going though.

It gets much better after episode 9. :p

After buying Moribito the CE version off shawnek (TRSI) from amazon I'm glad I did because right from the start it pulled me in and I gotta say we'll worth it.Balsa is a genuine woman :)

Was just browsing and it looks like there is a new chaos;head s.a.v.e edition (blu ray) for 15 bucks on best buy/amazon. Apologies if this has been mentioned before.

If Funi's PS3 app works like its Android app, you can view all episodes on the free version as long as you're a subscriber; you just need to log in to your account in the options menu. It displays ads on the navigation pages but not during episodes. It's kind of a mess to navigate, though, and doesn't seem to use your queue.

So I looked for a solid recommendations thread but didn't find anything maintained so I apologize if there is anything. I recently bought the Cowboy Bebop bluray set and it got me thinking I may enjoy getting back into some anime. Admittedly, I largely found myself dissapointed with everything I watched in the early 2000's (Trigun, Witch Hunter Robin, Hellsing, etc.) but other than Cowboy Bebop there were a few shows I really loved (GITS: SAC, Raxephon, Neon Genesis (remakes), and obviously Samurai Champloo. My prioririties would be:

1. A good story and a good dub. I'm not dealing with subtitles.

2. Sci-Fi is preferred but fantasy and horror would be ok if no. 1 is still true.

2. HD if possible. If there's an older show in 4:3 sure but other than Bebop I doubt there's much from that era that I wouldn't know about.

3. A completed show if possible.

Right now Attack on Titan looks like a great front runner but it also looks pricey and I'm not even sure if it's finished. Steins Gate looks good but I've seen some trailers/reviews that make it look a bit overrated.

Please ignore or redirect to me a trusted place for ranking that clearly review the elements that are important to me (dub, picture quality) but if anyone has their top 5 that would be greatly appreciated.
if you loved neon genesis, then aldnoah zero is an anime you must watch. and also Rage of Bahamut: Genesis, since you also loved samurai champloo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I said "ugh" twice.

Emily Blunt would have been a slightly better choice, but I can't think of anyone high profile that fits.
At least them getting someone high profile means they want the movie to succeed.

Maybe?

I'll be really depressed if it turns out to be horrible.

The latest live action film based on an anime, Kite (2014) was terrible. Going to be skeptical about a Ghost in the Shell Live Action adaptation, but I'm still going to hope that its a decent film. At least it'll be better than Evolution. 

Still waiting for the Live Action Bleach movie to come out. :p 

The latest live action film based on an anime, Kite (2014) was terrible. Going to be skeptical about a Ghost in the Shell Live Action adaptation, but I'm still going to hope that its a decent film. At least it'll be better than Evolution.

Still waiting for the Live Action Bleach movie to come out. :p
it will just end up like the dragon ball z live action movie. LOL

I'm Gits is a good one. I never bothered to watch more then 5 minutes of Evolution. Isn't the Edge of Tomorrow based off a manga?

I think Scarlett could do the role justice. From my understanding Steven Spielberg is a huge fan, and he might have input on it? Who knows. All I know is if they screw this up I'm done with Live action redos of Anime I love.

Anyone know anywhere selling the Limited Edition of The Sacred Blacksmith? I watched the first two episodes on the FUNi app and decided to get it.

Hollywood GITS will blow. It'll be a mindless action film, which was something the anime or the original (superior) manga never was. 

Only time there was ever a decent live-action Hollywood adaptation of an anime was Guyver 2: Dark Hero. That Fist of the North Star was nearly as bad as DB: Evolution!

Hollywood GITS will blow. It'll be a mindless action film, which was something the anime or the original (superior) manga never was.

Only time there was ever a decent live-action Hollywood adaptation of an anime was Guyver 2: Dark Hero. That Fist of the North Star was nearly as bad as DB: Evolution!
I found Evolution to be just a forgettable bad film(it helped that I don't have any high expectations for it at all). The Fist of the North Star film was hilarious though.

EstuacutepidoysensualJackieChan_zps8b062ab6.gif

This reddit comment I think sums up the GITS live action news: 

"Biggest worry will be this simply being a techy/hacker action fest with non of the subtext of the anime. ie; simply using the Ghost in the Shell name for marketing purposes and getting fans in seats."

On a completely unrelated matter, my Gundam Unicorn dvd sets 1-4 (complete series) from Rightstuf came in today :D Total was about $80 after the new years discount. 

Wanted the blu-rays for the longest time but I just cannot justify spending $50+ per episode (and missing episode 4 on top of that). 

I just hope GitS won't end up like Ultra Violet and Aoen Flux but I'm sure it will. While thee weren't bad. They weren't entirly great either. But as most said, knowing Hollywood I'm sure they will mess it up.

M. Night Shyamalan presents A Basket full of Fruits, an action-packed movie about a woman with mommy issues, who discovers a family of animals that have been cursed to take on human forms randomly.  She has to kill a ranking government official to find out the truth behind the family's curse.  The twist is that they were human all along.

M. Night Shyamalan presents A Basket full of Fruits, an action-packed movie about a woman with mommy issues, who discovers a family of animals that have been cursed to take on human forms randomly. She has to kill a ranking government official to find out the truth behind the family's curse. The twist is that they were human all along.
tumblr_m9fu4wyBlC1rvf06wo1_400.gif

M. Night Shyamalan presents A Basket full of Fruits, an action-packed movie about a woman with mommy issues, who discovers a family of animals that have been cursed to take on human forms randomly. She has to kill a ranking government official to find out the truth behind the family's curse. The twist is that they were human all along.
I would watch that movie, minus the ending.

I am going to check out Hellsing Ultimate, as I have never watched any of the Hellsing series before.

I'm currently watching Trigun and also Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan. A little late on Trigun but I needed something to watch in between Fairy Tail and Naruto Shup dubbed episodes to leak.

I prefer dubs over subs to be honest. I usually use Kissanime for my streaming (not the best I know but it works for me), as it doesn't have near as many pop ups as other sites but takes forever to accumulate points to get a free paid subscription.

bread's done
Back