Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Received my .hack//Sign Complete Series in the mail today, can't wait to watch it again. Used to stay up late at night and watch it on Adult Swim.
I still have the original hex box LE and all the singles. I was not able to get .hack/ROOTS. Thankfully its coming soon. Never saw that series. .hack//SIGN has a nostalgic factor for me.

Received my .hack//Sign Complete Series in the mail today, can't wait to watch it again. Used to stay up late at night and watch it on Adult Swim.
I haven't seen .hack//Sign in years and never finished it. I don't think it was on Adult Swim, but I believe it was pushed off Toonami then it was put into an insanely late timeslot. Pretty sure Detective Conan/Case Closed had the same fate too.

.hack//SIGN was first on Toonami's short-lived Saturday afternoon block, then moved to the generic Saturday Video Entertainment System. It also ran on Adult Swim as a filler series. .hack//ROOTS was aired exclusively on Friday nights around 5AM.

Case Closed was always on Adult Swim, but eventually was pushed back and cancelled.

.hack//SIGN was first on Toonami's short-lived Saturday afternoon block, then moved to the generic Saturday Video Entertainment System. It also ran on Adult Swim as a filler series. .hack//ROOTS was aired exclusively on Friday nights around 5AM.

Case Closed was always on Adult Swim, but eventually was pushed back and cancelled.
Gosh your post filled me with so much nostalgia.

The anime is far different. It's much, much lighter and emphasizes comedy and fanservice. And the brother/sister main characters get more ship tease than Ben and Gwen in the original Ben 10.

Finished Samurai Champloo yesterday, and although I usually prefer anime with magic or demons etc, I would put SC in my top 5. The way the story tied up at the end was great. Enjoyed it a lot more then Cowboy Bebop. Would highly recommend it for anyone who has not yet watched it or has been on the fence about it, definitely worth the hours to put into it.

Just caught the first episode of Black Cat earlier, was debating on starting it or Orphen.

I'm about to watch avatar the last airbender I've never seen this so this is new to me and I'm pretty excited to start it.I bought book 1,2 and 3 off Gohastings.com for $9.99 each book collection.

I'm about to watch avatar the last airbender I've never seen this so this is new to me and I'm pretty excited to start it.I bought book 1,2 and 3 off Gohastings.com for $9.99 each book collection.
not an anime and thus not really related to this thread :p :)P= I don't actually care, it is indeed a true statement though)

but still a really fun show with solid animation... just don't worry when you start watching and your disk seems screwed up with double imaging... it's not your disk... it's ever single first disk in existence for avatar... a new release with a proper first disk would be amazing :(

Because it falls in that no-man's land of digital animated works that weren't made in HD.
doesn't matter, it can be the non HD videos on blu ray as long as they master it correctly this time and don't use anitpiracy stuff that compromises the video quality in the first 4 episodes this time :/

Prepares for the onslaught from Kirin Lemon about why it is pointless to come to blu ray

Fantastic series and good deal on each book. I recommend watching the sequel series The Legend of Korra as well.

Fantastic series and good deal on each book. I recommend watching the sequel series The Legend of Korra as well.
It really is I'm already 13 episodes in and I'm in the process of acquiring legend of korra at the moment. It's a B not being able to get the 1st 2 korras on blu with slips they are getting rarer to obtain with each passing day.

Because it falls in that no-man's land of digital animated works that weren't made in HD.
Havent there been plenty of examples of this though? Cant see a reason its been delayed except them waiting to do a bebop type remaster (which would be awesome) instead of an upscale.

Havent there been plenty of examples of this though? Cant see a reason its been delayed except them waiting to do a bebop type remaster (which would be awesome) instead of an upscale.
Cowboy Bebop was animated on film. So was HD ready, anime and cartoons in the early 2000's were animated digitally. Meaning their resolution are locked in, only thing you can do is upscale it.

Cowboy Bebop was animated on film. So was HD ready, anime and cartoons in the early 2000's were animated digitally. Meaning their resolution are locked in, only thing you can do is upscale it.
Constantly learning new things on this thread, thank you

Bunch of anime prices just dropped on Amazon, few notables are DBZ Season 8 & 9 Blus $21.99 & some Fairy Tail Season Blus around $28, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Season 1 $23.

It really is I'm already 13 episodes in and I'm in the process of acquiring legend of korra at the moment. It's a B not being able to get the 1st 2 korras on blu with slips they are getting rarer to obtain with each passing day.
Yeah, I've settled on the fact I'll probably never find a slip for season 1. I have slips for season 2 and 3. I plan on buying the final season day 1, so I can guarantee myself a slip.

Bunch of anime prices just dropped on Amazon, few notables are DBZ Season 8 & 9 Blus $21.99 & some Fairy Tail Season Blus around $28, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX: Season 1 $23.
Just recently got into Fairy Tail because of peer pressure from friends. Sucks that I like it because now I have desire to buy it. I've seen that they've been as low as $22, so I'll keep waiting for another drop.

Yep has a nice slipbox. I believe they said it was limited so if you are considering it I'd go and get it now that way you get the slipbox.

And yep, been on there for awhile now.
They've said that about the Cat's Eye and the Space Adventure Cobra sets too, but the boxes are still in stock with large quantities, so you probably won't need to worry too much about the stock. ;D

They've said that about the Cat's Eye and the Space Adventure Cobra sets too, but the boxes are still in stock with large quantities, so you probably won't need to worry too much about the stock. ;D
Space Adventure Cobra was rereleased?! I need it. I'm going to watch some Mathew Sweet videos to tide myself over.

Finally finished Railgun S1 BD. I wonder how long its going to be until S2 comes to BD as well as a complete collection of Index S2.
I highly doubt they will release a complete collection for Index 2 since it is already out. If they do it'll probably Classic or S.A.V.E. and even then not for awhile. As far as Rail Gun S? I'm guessing they will go the Index II route and release them as two parts. Although why there hasn't been a annoucement is beyond me. I figure maybe summer time or fall.

They need to hurry up so I can finish the collection.

100_8612_zps5zqk9cbw.jpg

I highly doubt they will release a complete collection for Index 2 since it is already out. If they do it'll probably Classic or S.A.V.E. and even then not for awhile. As far as Rail Gun S? I'm guessing they will go the Index II route and release them as two parts. Although why there hasn't been a annoucement is beyond me. I figure maybe summer time or fall.

They need to hurry up so I can finish the collection.
Caved and started Index II on Funimation.com lol. I will pick up season 2 of each later when they drop in price.

I think after I get my next phone next month, I'm just going to buy all of Certain Magical stuff on Amazon. RS has them all too but I guess we'll see what is better after tax/shipping by then. Been also meaning to get FT Collection 3 too.

Gah. So much bloated shelf space.
So, what? Not sure what the problem is... if any? I have all of my anime blus/dvds on two shelves. Mind you they are double row shelves but look fine to me. Just a little hard to navigate through until I get some better shelves.

So, what? Not sure what the problem is... if any? I have all of my anime blus/dvds on two shelves. Mind you they are double row shelves but look fine to me. Just a little hard to navigate through until I get some better shelves.
I long ago started running out of shelf space so I condense my shelving by combining cases (and selling DVDs if a combo pack). Have both seasons of Index in my LE box, with an extra disc slot for the movie.

Also, Sentai using those slim stacking 4-Disc Blu-ray cases has been grand for me. Switch it out with a 2-Disc case and I am golden.

Indeed. Mine in are two shelves and also in two big boxes lol.

I long ago started running out of shelf space so I condense my shelving by combining cases (and selling DVDs if a combo pack). Have both seasons of Index in my LE box, with an extra disc slot for the movie.

Also, Sentai using those slim stacking 4-Disc Blu-ray cases has been grand for me. Switch it out with a 2-Disc case and I am golden.
SAVAGE!

I have 3 different shelving units stocked full of shows, anime and not (not counting a separate shelf just for Naruto), so I need the space. And condensing it allowed me to fit all of Gundam and Pokemon into about 20 cases each. Not to mention combining different seasons (such as Sekirei, Sengoku Basara, Steins;Gate, Heaven's Lost Property, High School DxD, Tenchi Muyo!, and Baka & Test) into one case. Also have everything Evangelion (except 3.33 and 4.44, obviously) in my super special awesome tin case.

I don't think I want to know now. It sounds too intense for my retinas and my vision is already declining. The blinding rays of a massive collection may actually make me go blind. Then my days of anime watching will be over. I rather prevent a tragedy. 

(okay, I'm kind of curious too)

I don't think I want to know now. It sounds too intense for my retinas and my vision is already declining. The blinding rays of a massive collection may actually make me go blind. Then my days of anime watching will be over. I rather prevent a tragedy.

(okay, I'm kind of curious too)
Was I the cause to the start of the decline? :*(

after 2 months of waiting for my order I finally get this

Due to overwhelming demand or insufficient availability from our supplier(s) we are unable to fulfill your entire order. Please note the item(s) listed below have been removed from your order because it is no longer available.

6301151 LA CORDA D'ORO ~ PRIMO P LA CO 1 6.00

7849529 Girls Und Panzer Tv Coll Secti 1 6.00

8026364 Samurai Bride Complete Secti 1 6.00
:(

oh well. though it is kind of shitty that I could place orders for all 3 online where they are all set to get new stock in 2 weeks :/

bread's done
Back