Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure when but it looks like Best Buy added the CE for Tokyo Ghoul to their site and update the picture for the previous listing they had to the standard set. The pre-order reflects the standard set now as well. Oh well, cancel time~ not worth complaining to them.

Not sure when but it looks like Best Buy added the CE for Tokyo Ghoul to their site and update the picture for the previous listing they had to the standard set. The pre-order reflects the standard set now as well. Oh well, cancel time~ not worth complaining to them.
Except I can't cancel it because it has gone to backordered status!

Yea, it's the Manga Entertainment title license rescued.

I might grab it used via GoHastings or SecondSpin depending on if there are any extras on there.
Noein is amazing. double dip....i'd rebuy it if its on blu ray

There is one in the Lifestyle forum that is supposed to be for regular discussion.
ah thanks

Why would we need to go to another anime thread?

I like this one just fine.

I mean half the time people don't even talk about deals anyways, so it's pretty much the same thing. :D
to hide from you and your weird anime gifs?

Noein is/was a day-one pre-order for me, now that it's on Blu-ray. I've really been hoping that would happen, it's a favorite of mine.  Went ahead and ordered the LE set - definitely want a chipboard box over the flimsy thin cardboard box for the DVD release. I actually own two of the DVD box sets, because the first one I bought new/sealed but the seller just tossed it into a bare empty box with no padding, and the box corners got all crushed up in shipping. I recently bought a Like New box set just to get a replacement box, and then they go and announce the Blu-ray release. Ah well - triple-dip! Definitely worth it... 

Warning: Not a deal. Warning: Not a deal.

$499.99 Love Live merchandise bundle...

WTF am I interested...in the singles at least.
never seen an anime bundle that crazy

Noein is/was a day-one pre-order for me, now that it's on Blu-ray. I've really been hoping that would happen, it's a favorite of mine. Went ahead and ordered the LE set - definitely want a chipboard box over the flimsy thin cardboard box for the DVD release. I actually own two of the DVD box sets, because the first one I bought new/sealed but the seller just tossed it into a bare empty box with no padding, and the box corners got all crushed up in shipping. I recently bought a Like New box set just to get a replacement box, and then they go and announce the Blu-ray release. Ah well - triple-dip! Definitely worth it...
so its on blu ray? good to know. may preorder that then....was a really good show.

Yeah I saw the Love Live! stuff at 0600 yesterday but didn't bother to post it here because it wasn't really on "sale" haha.

For you Love Live! fans NISA is having a Love Live! Big Screen Celebration.

http://store.nisamerica.com/love-li...bundle&utm_medium=popupB&utm_source=NISAstore

If I wasn't broke I would order all the singles and the blu ray concert bundles.

lovelive_bd_concer_bluray_set_1.jpg

single_set_1.jpg

I need a blind-buy anime to get from Amazon.  By blind buy, I mean, I'll look at the cover, and maybe glance at the description of the dvd/blu ray release.  I'd prefer it not to be MA, but I would watch a tv-ma show if it's funny. (for example, I thoroughly enjoyed B Gata H Kei)  I would prefer if it was on sale.  No, I'm going to not tell you what I like, because I want to just hear some random suggestions.  Also, I liked Robotics; notes a lot (it's the first anime in a while that I watched, and was sad it was over), will I like Chaos; head, or Steins; Gate?

I need a blind-buy anime to get from Amazon. By blind buy, I mean, I'll look at the cover, and maybe glance at the description of the dvd/blu ray release. I'd prefer it not to be MA, but I would watch a tv-ma show if it's funny. (for example, I thoroughly enjoyed B Gata H Kei) I would prefer if it was on sale. No, I'm going to not tell you what I like, because I want to just hear some random suggestions. Also, I liked Robotics; notes a lot (it's the first anime in a while that I watched, and was sad it was over), will I like Chaos; head, or Steins; Gate?
Fist of the north star DD is up your alley if you like comedy and are familiar with the FoTNS characters.

^ These have both been around the 25-30 range for a few months now. Both I can recommend them too...
Steins;gate for sure.

General question, does anyone watch anime on a 4k tv? Yes I know it will just be upscaling. In the market for a tv and Im curious.

General question, does anyone watch anime on a 4k tv? Yes I know it will just be upscaling. In the market for a tv and Im curious.
No anime that I know of has been made in or has been remastered in 4K yet. And no actual physical format exists for it either... sooo it will it will just be stretched to fit your screen. Although let's hope that 4K streaming will happen with anime because I'm buying a 4K monitor soon. :D

I need a blind-buy anime to get from Amazon. By blind buy, I mean, I'll look at the cover, and maybe glance at the description of the dvd/blu ray release. I'd prefer it not to be MA, but I would watch a tv-ma show if it's funny. (for example, I thoroughly enjoyed B Gata H Kei) I would prefer if it was on sale. No, I'm going to not tell you what I like, because I want to just hear some random suggestions. Also, I liked Robotics; notes a lot (it's the first anime in a while that I watched, and was sad it was over), will I like Chaos; head, or Steins; Gate?
not a blind buy if we help you out is it? lol

corpse princess

FLCL

elfen lied

from the new world

Per RS Facecbook post.

Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection 'F' is now available for pre-order!

Check out the Collector's Edition and more at: http://stuf.it/1Pot781

http://www.rightstufanime.com/Dragon-Ball-Z-Resurrection-F-Movie-Collectors-Edition

$35.74

704400017049_anime-Dragonball-Z-Resurrection-F-Collectors-Edition.jpg

704400017049_anime-Dragonball-Z-Resurrection-Fa.jpg
movie was terrible yet the DBZ collector and fan in me wants it anyway lol

No anime that I know of has been made in or has been remastered in 4K yet. And no actual physical format exists for it either... sooo it will it will just be stretched to fit your screen. Although let's hope that 4K streaming will happen with anime because I'm buying a 4K monitor soon. :D
Like I said, i know its just upscaling. The first 4k players using the new format will be coming out this holiday season, but the anime industry really has no reason to push 4k

Here are my suggestions.

S.A.V.E. titles - Gun x Sword, Kaleido Star, Michiko & Hatchin (actually airing on Toonami too), Sands of Destruction, Princess Jellyfish, My Bride is a Mermaid, Mushishi, Air TV, Birdy the Mighty: Decode, Girls Bravo, Romeo X Juliet, Aquarion, School Rumble, Bamboo Blade, Pumpkin Scissors, Lionebarrels of Iron, Gad Guard

Anime Classics - Steins;Gate, Haibane Renmei, Eden of the East, Kenichi: The Mightiest Disciple, Heaven's Lost Property, Ouran High School Host Club, Full Metal Panic, Vandread, Samurai Champloo, Fruits Basket, Spice & Wolf, Slayers, Baccano, Yu Yu Hakusho, Last Exile

Regular anime - Gargantia, Kekkaishi, anything Lupin III, Dr. Slump, Tenchi Muyo, Honey & Clover, Super Robot Wars, Heaven's Memo Pad, High School DxD, Soul Eater, Sekirei, Patlabor, Buso Renkin (if only for the opening), Turn A Gundam, Dirty Pair, Revolutionary Girl Utena, Martian Successor Nadesico, Cat's Eye, Yakitake Japan (though these last 5 are on YouTube for free), Cutey Honey, Kiddy Grade, Blood Lad, Planetes, Vision of Escaflowne, Godannar, Divergence Eve, Animation Runner Kuromi, Munto, Noein, Yona of the Dawn

I'm sure most of these you've already seen, but I figured I'd cover my bases.

Might be more fun to blind buy from Rightstuf. They have "blind boxes" for as low as a dollar.

Speaking of Rightstuf, I see no further discount for Got Anime members on Resurrection F.

Darn.

I need to buy $3 worth of product to profit from Got Anime.  I would have bought some manga from the Viz sale but most of what I wanted was out of stock.

Any recommendation on the Media Blasters sale they are having?

right stuff raised the RoF price to 38.XX

http://www.funimation.com/p/sale?utm_source=Shop_Ribbon&utm_medium=Spotlight&utm_campaign=DBZResF_Preorder

funimation has it for 44.XX but with a promo code you can get the sheron shirt for 10 dollars. all and all 54.XX which isnt too bad because with shipping right stuff has the RoF movie for 42.XX and funimation has free shipping for those two items together.

if someone wants it.

I think the shirt promo works with any copy of RoF but i might be wrong.

Might be more fun to blind buy from Rightstuf. They have "blind boxes" for as low as a dollar.

Speaking of Rightstuf, I see no further discount for Got Anime members on Resurrection F.

Darn.

I need to buy $3 worth of product to profit from Got Anime. I would have bought some manga from the Viz sale but most of what I wanted was out of stock.

Any recommendation on the Media Blasters sale they are having?
speaking of blind buy another random choice is one insane one called "Dog Warrior".

Darn.

I need to buy $3 worth of product to profit from Got Anime. I would have bought some manga from the Viz sale but most of what I wanted was out of stock.
It says $35.74 for GA members on my screen compared to $38.49 for non members.

Are you logged in?

I am not logged in. Noticed it said "Not Eligible For Promotional Discounts" and figured no GA discount. 

Also noticed a standard Blu Ray/DVD version for $22.74. I can live with that.

I am not logged in. Noticed it said "Not Eligible For Promotional Discounts" and figured no GA discount.

Also noticed a standard Blu Ray/DVD version for $22.74. I can live with that.
Ah, that's why.

Promotional Discounts are usually the ones you enter, so that's probably what they were referring to.

Steins;gate for sure.

I feel like you'd be better off spending your cash on a really nice 1080p set. I understand the need to future-proof, but I don't see 4K being a mainstream thing for quite some time.

Most cable providers offer content in 720p or 1080i, not even 1080p. Can't imagine how long it will take them to broadcast stuff in 4K, especially seeing how much they hate spending money on upgrading their networks.

As for anime, someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think most anime isn't even produced anywhere near 1080p. Most Blus seem to be upscaled. Who knows if anime companies would want to make stuff in 4K because of the associated cost. Again, I read this a while ago and things might've changed.

Lastly, this being CAG I'm assuming that you also play video games. PS4 and Xbox One only go up to 1080p, too. You need a pretty damn nice PC to do 4K gaming right now.

All these things considered are why I feel you should just stick with 1080p for now.

I finally placed an order with RS's new site and i'm just finding out about the partial shipping thing. Really hope they start again soon. The owner said they're working on bringing it back.

My question, do they hold the available items for you? Like with the old site they would show a message saying your item is on hold or being ordered from the manufacturer. This new site says jack shit.

I'm worried cuz one of my items is from a company that tends to print small so if you don't buy on release day, you're sol of finding it later.

Anyone know of they still hold the available stuff?

I finally placed an order with RS's new site and i'm just finding out about the partial shipping thing. Really hope they start again soon. The owner said they're working on bringing it back.

My question, do they hold the available items for you? Like with the old site they would show a message saying your item is on hold or being ordered from the manufacturer. This new site says jack shit.

I'm worried cuz one of my items is from a company that tends to print small so if you don't buy on release day, you're sol of finding it later.

Anyone know of they still hold the available stuff?
It appears they may have done away with holding onto full orders.

I made an order two days ago, and 3 of the 5 items from that order shipped earlier today, so looks like things are back to normal from what I can tell.

It appears they may have done away with holding onto full orders.

I made an order two days ago, and 3 of the 5 items from that order shipped earlier today, so looks like things are back to normal from what I can tell.
I had the same thing happen. I had an order I placed in the middle of the no partial shipment thing and yesterday 9 of the 18 items is ordered shipped. So I think things are back to being good again.

As for anime, someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but I think most anime isn't even produced anywhere near 1080p. Most Blus seem to be upscaled. Who knows if anime companies would want to make stuff in 4K because of the associated cost. Again, I read this a while ago and things might've changed.
If any of the older movies were produced on 35mm film they would look very nice especially if they have already cleaned up the film for a prior remaster, they might scale up to 6000p even. 16mm does max out around 1080p when converted though but they might have some techniques to get more out of it but not sure on that really. It wouldn't surprise me if some modern Anime is being produced with the future in mind but given the tight budgets of a lot of series I bet that is few and far between.

If there are any Japanese stuff being filmed that can be mastered in 4K, it will likely be a very high profile project and likely never to leave Japan.

If any of the older movies were produced on 35mm film they would look very nice especially if they have already cleaned up the film for a prior remaster, they might scale up to 6000p even. 16mm does max out around 1080p when converted though but they might have some techniques to get more out of it but not sure on that really. It wouldn't surprise me if some modern Anime is being produced with the future in mind but given the tight budgets of a lot of series I bet that is few and far between.
Yeah animated movies are going to benefit the most from 4K.TV anime not so much,since most of them are very cheap when it's comes to visuals.

For those of you that pre-ordered the UK region free copy of Rurouni Kenshin 3 (live action), mine has already been shipped. Release date is September 15th but I guess they forgot I'm in the east coast. I'll probably get it in a few days. 

bread's done
Back