Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
Per javac

The information about Noein is on the RS FB page as well. That is a long wait for it now. Interesed to know what is wrong with Free too.

Random Blu-ray News:

Quote:
Funimation:

Quote:
Quote:
Tokyo Ghoul CE boxed set has been canceled/postponed due to a production problem.
Just in case you haven't heard yet, the Tokyo Ghoul CE boxed set has been canceled/postponed due to a production problem with the set. Funi actually did ship these sets to retail, but fortunately we got the word in time that they were being canceled/recalled before we shipped out any to you guys. We will leave all pre-orders for the set active, however, it has been removed from the September release schedule and a re-release date is TBD. We are not going to accept anymore pre-orders for the set until Funi sets a new date. If you would like to switch your pre-order from the CE to one of the other two Tokyo Ghoul sets, just drop us a line and we'll see to it.
Quote:
FREE! Eternal Summer (all versions) postponed, release date is now TBD
Also, the release of FREE! Eternal Summer (all versions) has been postponed until further notice. It has also been removed from the Sept release schedule and a new release date is TBD. If you have an order in waiting on one of the FREE sets and want to make a change, just drop us a line and we'll take care of it. This is just my opinion, but I now think it unlikely that either the TG-CE box set or Free! Eternal Summer will be released this year.
Source - RACS

Quote:
Noein: To Your Other Self
All SKUs have been delayed with a new date of January 12th 2016.
Quote:
Noein: The Complete Series
Release Date: 1/12/2016
Audio: Dolby TrueHD: English 2.0 / Dolby TrueHD: Japanese 2.0 / English Stereo / Japanese Stereo
Subtitles: English
Run Time: 600 min
Region: A|B|1|2|4
Format:
BD/DVD Standard Edition ($48.74) (RRP:$64.98) @ rightstuf
BD/DVD Limited Edition ($63.74) (RRP:$84.98) @ rightstuf
SE:
wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 755x1000.
yogxq3K.jpg

LE:
wol_error.gif
This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 757x1000.
YephTZj.jpg

New Artwork:

Quote:
Sword Art Online II Volume 3: -Calibur-
Release Date: 11/17/2015
Audio: English: Dolby Digital 2.0 / Japanese: LPCM 2.0
Subtitles: English
Run Time: 75 min
Format:
BD Limited Edition ($59.98) (RRP:$74.98) @ rightstuf

Quote:
eZgbki6.jpg

Z7E6xSY.jpg

Got my FMA blu in the mail today. I expected the video to look like a upscale but it actually looks really good.  Although it was the back that got me the most. When I buy these sort of releases from Funimation it will say something like "1080p SD Remaster" but it instead said "Tentative". I guess their pro graphic designer forgot to update the info. But anyway If it is an upscale, Funi did a really good job with it.

https://twitter.com/ssj_chris/status/644898008346304512

For shame, sir, for shame...

On a serious note though, some funky stuff going on with Funi. Good they caught the box flaws unlike many of the previous times they just decided to sell them anyways, and just sent replacements after the fact.

Also, Aniplex release news? Pass. ;D

^^^

Yeah tell me about it. I made a joke about it as well. After I read it, I was like oh RACS nvm haha.

So I see rightstuf are pretty good with canceling pre-order items that haven't shipped. What about in stock items that haven't shipped? Some of the stuff I ordered way early in August have gone down way cheaper and I wanted to place a new order with those items so I wanted to cancel just three items from my big order.

Is rightstuf usually cool with that? My order never partially shipped. I guess it works out since I can get some of those items half off now assuming RS will let me cancel some of the items

So I see rightstuf are pretty good with canceling pre-order items that haven't shipped. What about in stock items that haven't shipped? Some of the stuff I ordered way early in August have gone down way cheaper and I wanted to place a new order with those items so I wanted to cancel just three items from my big order.

Is rightstuf usually cool with that? My order never partially shipped. I guess it works out since I can get some of those items half off now assuming RS will let me cancel some of the items
As long as nothing partially shipped they are usually pretty good about price adjustments.

Wondering if noein is going to be worth upgrading to blu. Purchased it when the DVD was supposedly going out of print.

I just watched an unboxing for the Tokyo Ghoul Collectors set......it made me sad.

In other news, my local Walmarts had a bunch of older anime releases for 10$.

**Note that only 2 of the 4 Walmarts near me had them on the shelves so ymmv

So I preordered beyond the boundary ce for 107 from rightstuf. It's shipped and charged today but is now priced at 97. What are the chances rightstuf will honor the difference?

So I preordered beyond the boundary ce for 107 from rightstuf. It's shipped and charged today but is now priced at 97. What are the chances rightstuf will honor the difference?
I would give them a call asap and see if you can get a credit. Usually they don't credit back once it ships but if you are ask nicely they might be cool about it. They credited me for Attack on Titan once when the studio sale started right when it shipped out.

I would give them a call asap and see if you can get a credit. Usually they don't credit back once it ships but if you are ask nicely they might be cool about it. They credited me for Attack on Titan once when the studio sale started right when it shipped out.
seems like what happened. I sent them an email just now I might just call them tomorrow morning. I wouldn't care if it wasn't on sale the day they charged me lol.

I was told by a RS customer rep that the partial shipping issue is due to something on their new system. I have a bunch of One Piece manga pre-ordered along with the Unlimited Blade Works LE 1. That order was made in July... Anyway, canceling it and getting a Got Anime? sub for the first time in years to get a possible discount on UBW and since the Beyond the Boundary box is way too tempting.

^^^ I say skip the LE of beyond the boundary and go with the regular edition. The only LE or CE that is worth getting from sentai is NoGameNoLife .

^^^ I say skip the LE of beyond the boundary and go with the regular edition. The only LE or CE that is worth getting from sentai is NoGameNoLife .
I only got it because the episode 0 ova is listing only with the ce currently. Didn't want to risk that being true and not getting the ova.

Wait? So do all of you never use the goodies that come with limited editions?!? And only look at them once and put it back inside the box?!? :O

Well thats what I do. I dont have the need for most of the bonuses. Although i do like art books

Per Mr. Pika :)

Yay Tamako Market BD finally.

Also January Sentai stuff up @TRSI
Thank you Pika for the info.

Prordered...

814131016287_anime-locodol-bd.jpg
814131018977_anime-hanayamata-bluray.jpg

And then 2nd order.

814131011572_anime-tamako-market.jpg
814131017383_anime-corpse-party-tortured-souls-bd.jpg

I'm still hoping that Rail Wars! gets a US BD release. :pray: Even if it takes a year.
I'd preorder now, not sure if they were included in the Sentai sale or not. I wasn't paying attention, I did see my GA was added maybe.

But... All those goodies...! And just my opinion but I wasn't too crazy about NGNL like the majority of the anime community the season it aired/

Well I pre ordered it at its original price of ~$30 shipped so its not a huge difference.

But yes, for people who were looking at its retail of $45-50 that deepdiscount link is pretty good ($33 before said code) so thanks for posting that.

Sure has been a lot of delayed releases as of late across all publishers.

There's usually some here and there, but it seems like there's at least one every week now.

It has arrived :D the ova was on disk 2 with the rest of the episodes. I can only assume the disc 2 for the non LEs are different? https://instagram.com/p/8EFkQEKsEJ/
I would probably say yes. I'm waiting to get paid and then I'll probably order mine. If not I'll just have to wait till the next Sentai sale. :(

I got these in today. Got Serial for $55 which is fair I would say. Why does the site have to auto load the photo. It would be better if they didn't do that, that why we could wrap it in spoilers. And why is there no spoiler button here? Or does it have to be entered in manually?

100_8997_zps2abpm2nt.jpg
[

It's just [SPOILER ] [/SPOILER ] without the spaces.

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Don't click this!]OMG, deviant.[/CUSTOMSPOILER]

It's just [SPOILER ] [/SPOILER ] without the spaces.

[CUSTOMSPOILER=Don't click this!]OMG, deviant.[/CUSTOMSPOILER]
Well see I know how to enter them manually, its just that when I go to say edit my post. The img text isn't there to wrap. It is just the picture, which imo is dumb. It is better to have the text in the edit screen. :(

Well see I know how to enter them manually, its just that when I go to say edit my post. The img text isn't there to wrap. It is just the picture, which imo is dumb. It is better to have the text in the edit screen. :(
Oh, I know what you mean now. There's a "lightswitch" button on the top left of the edit icons that turns everything back to text....

....but it's broken in the sense that if you save it in that mode, the [/SPOILER ] tag gets deleted. So you have to switch back to add the spoiler tag. CAG 3.x. Yea!

Oh, I know what you mean now. There's a "lightswitch" button on the top left of the edit icons that turns everything back to text....

....but it's broken in the sense that if you save it in that mode, the [/SPOILER ] tag gets deleted. So you have to switch back to add the spoiler tag. CAG 3.x. Yea!
haha they should really look into fixing that. And yeah I'm spoiled. I'm used to it being text and spoiler button itself. It makes it faster to edit things and easier in general. I guess they can add the Cheap in CAG to site design as well. :p

#CAG3.0PROBLEMS
I know right. :)

Update on JoJo: Amazon can't or won't do anything, including a credit because it's an issue with the supplier (WB) not providing (any/enough) copies.

Checking other outlets, it's unavailable at Target and BB so it must've been something big.

Cancelled my Amazon preorder of 4 months since it did no good, there's no updated release window and everyone is selling it at that price despite having no inventory.

As long as they don't take as long as 3.33 to be released, it should be a victory.

Hopefully we'll see 3.33 on blu sometime in the next decade or so.

bread's done
Back