Anime & Manga Steals and Deals (Rightstuf, Amazon, DD...etc)

3GSid

CAGiversary!
Feedback
74 (100%)
 Anime Steals and Deals

**It is highly recommended you check the latest posts in this thread as they will often have the most up to date deals. I will attempt to reflect these sales in the OP, but always check the latest posts.**

Rightstuf

Rightstuf runs studio sales every week, sometimes even twice a week. These range from anime, manga, and even artbooks. Prices are decent, and Rightstuf has amazing customer service. I highly recommend them for that alone.

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/main/

You can save an additional 10% off a majority of their items (Including preorders) by buying their Got Anime membership

http://www.rightstuf.com/rssite/action/store/item/Item?ItemName=gotanime1

Amazon 

Amazon tends to offer lower everyday prices on their anime, and often run sales on Funimation items routinely. Keep track on your favorites or check your daily deal's for a possible 5% off of some based off your history on Amazon. 

(Also, I'd also recommend to check out Amazon's top 100 deals in Anime Bluray/DVD as they tend to show what's popular, or what is on sale.)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/movies-tv/2959127011/ref=pd_zg_hrsr_mov_1_3_last   (Blu Ray)

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Movies-TV-Anime/zgbs/movies-tv/2959100011/ref=zg_bs_nav_mov_2_2958934011 (DVD)

DVDPlanet / Deep Discount

Known by many for their bad customer service, they often make up for it with their lower prices on a lot of their items. This and they routinely run sales specifically for anime. 

http://www.dvdplanet.com/Pages/Search/Category.aspx?ec=42000

http://www.deepdiscount.com/index.cfm

I highly suggest when you order from them to only order in stock items, and not ones that are backordered. Save yourself the displeasure of having to deal with the headaches. And patience is a must with these sites.

Cheapassgamer

Maybe you will find something here on our own forums! We have a thread dedicated specifically to Anime and Manga for sale from fellow Cags.

www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/306304-anime-blu-raydvd-buy-sell-or-trade-thread/

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't watched Prison School yet but Funimation's broadcast dub of Prison School has been causing a bit of buzz based off this clip:(probably not spoilers it's just one line)

I guess all of the retweets/reblogs finally made Funi say something about it: http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015/10/02/prison-school-feedback/

Personally, the gamergate thing doesn't bug me since I barely payed attention to that whole... thing but the overall localization of some of the scripts has always been a bit questionable. 

I haven't watched Prison School yet but Funimation's broadcast dub of Prison School has been causing a bit of buzz based off this clip:(probably not spoilers it's just one line)

I guess all of the retweets/reblogs finally made Funi say something about it: http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015/10/02/prison-school-feedback/

Personally, the gamergate thing doesn't bug me since I barely payed attention to that whole... thing but the overall localization of some of the scripts has always been a bit questionable.
The clip has like 0 relevence. They just threw in something and people were making a big deal about it.

The clip has like 0 relevence. They just threw in something and people were making a big deal about it.
I think the issue for most people is that funimation (and yes it is funimation that did this since the writer is an employee of theirs, no matter how hard they try to distance themselves from it) veered SO far off from a proper, equivalent translation just to support some unrelated argument.

This type of dubbing- extremely changing things to whatever suits the company, is not common business practice nowadays. Most dubbers try to be as close as possible. But funimation does this often, even with Dragon ball z, where they still use old purposeful mistranslations for some of its dubs. They also have a history of bad dvd releases for the show, cropping and other problems but that's another issue. The only difference this time is that funimation got caught doing it with sensitive issue which has a very vocal and somewhat volatile group of people, (both sides of GG).

I think the issue for most people is that funimation (and yes it is funimation that did this since the writer is an employee of theirs, no matter how hard they try to distance themselves from it) veered SO far off from a proper, equivalent translation just to support some unrelated argument.

This type of dubbing- extremely changing things to whatever suits the company, is not common business practice nowadays. Most dubbers try to be as close as possible. But funimation does this often, even with Dragon ball z, where they still use old purposeful mistranslations for some of its dubs. They also have a history of bad dvd releases for the show, cropping and other problems but that's another issue. The only difference this time is that funimation got caught doing it with sensitive issue which has a very vocal and somewhat volatile group of people, (both sides of GG).
I have no problem with Funi re-writing the script (they did a great job with the D-Fragjokes) but this was a poor decision to reference.

It's been an ongoing thing but the clip triggered the whole thing again. It's just been fun to read the 'backlash' on Twitter. It's all pretty silly but the line itself was really dumb.

For some reason that clip won't play for me. Still looking forward to Prison School, as I enjoyed the manga. Not 100% sold on the art style of the anime, though. I think it has more to do with that odd coloring/shading method.

people being butthurt and blowing things out of proportions? :lol: I don't see the problem unless you want to go all SJW on me. 

Lol @People dropping their subs over this and stating they will pirate anime now.

Maybe I'm just not "sensitive" about this and had been desensitized. It's okay Funimation. I still

people being butthurt and blowing things out of proportions? :lol: I don't see the problem unless you want to go all SJW on me.

Lol @People dropping their subs over this and stating they will pirate anime now.

Maybe I'm just not "sensitive" about this and had been desensitized. It's okay Funimation. I still <3 you.
Who the hell watches an anime like prison school and then gets offended anyways.

Here you go fixed it for you. ;)

Funi plans on releasing it sometime in 5102 - 6102.
non-deso-ton-misply-have-dyslexia.jpg

Since the Persona 4 collectors edition is out of print... The only place left to buy it is RACS for $140... Hmm... Nope. Too much...
Luckily Amazon still has it for $81 dollars... Thank you amazon! Hopefully it ships without damage! :D only if rightstuf had copies still...

I guess all of the retweets/reblogs finally made Funi say something about it: http://www.funimation.com/blog/2015/10/02/prison-school-feedback/

I payed far too much attention to that horrible shitshow last year. :( There were no winners. There were just people's lives being ruined.

I cannot fathom how anyone would even want to mention it in a professionally made product - whether it is purely comedy or not. Let's see what Funimation actually does about it now. The people who are in the know can secretly and silently blacklist people (if they do that sort of thing) all they want, and they can make changes behind closed doors all they want. What they do publicly about it will go a long way.

I'm not going to stop buying products from them or stop watching their older material or anything. I won't join their service for a while though.

Alright, I finally heard that Prison School/Gamergate line by partially watching some Youtube video of some guy crying/whining about it. Seriously, what's the big deal? 

You want a dead on accurate translation, watch the Japanese version with subtitles. If you're a purist, you shouldn't be watching dubs anyway. Personally, I enjoy many of Funimation dubs and unlike some people I won't lose sleep that they referenced Gamegate, which was a whole internet sideshow I could care less about. 

It's because we Americans are too easily offended and sensitive about every topic and have to be politically correct about everything nowadays. Not everyone can take a tongue in cheek anymore, unless it's from South Park. This ain't the 90s anymore. :( You now have to be careful of what you say sometimes since some person might be "triggered" or some crap like that.

^^^

it isn't a big deal. haha

Random post on the net but pretty much nailed it on the head.

Welcome to the new America, where everyone has a cause and if you don't? You find some way to be offended by something and bash it into submission. Such a bitter, litigious society we have become. It's sad.
So yeah...really funny how people were getting all worked up over it. I love how this day of age if you say anything offensive you are labeld a racist, bigot, and numerous other things. Well at least in the eyes of the Liberals you are. :p

^^^

So yeah...really funny how people were getting all worked up over it. I love how this day of age if you say anything offensive you are labeld a racist, bigot, and numerous other things. Well at least in the eyes of the Liberals you are. :p
That's not totally it...at least not in this case.

It isn't that he translated something offensive, it isn't that society has changed on these matters (and I agree that it has and I don't like the overall shift as a whole either).

GamerGate is part TRAGEDY. Law enforcement had to get involved on multiple accounts. People's lives were negatively destroyed and will never be the same. There is a difference between putting a "the military and dying like that is for fools" line into your work, and spitting on a soldier's tombstone in the work. This isn't about making a better or worse product anymore. It is simply not morally acceptable to many people.

I don't blame anyone for taking a neutral stance, and just like a bad video game or bad anime the less they know about it the better they will be. GG...just needs to be mostly buried with nuclear waste or put where the old ET cartridges went IMHO. I'm sorry if I'm being honest here, but I really would like to see Funimation do something positive about it.

^^^

I miss the 90s

Have I mentioned that I love MovieStop?

They were having a 50% Off Used sale that ends today and there was apparently a glitch that takes 50% off the 50%. So, for $110, I got:

Naruto Shippuden Sets 5-20
Arjuna Complete Collection
Eden's Bowy Complete Collection
Devil May Cry Complete Collection
Legend of Korra Season 2
Iron Man 1 Steelbook
Pokémon the movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back
Tiger and Bunny Set 1 (DVD)
Sakura Diaries Complete Collection
Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 1 Steelbook

I officially give up on funi.com, they are using some weird delivery service osm. What's worst is I live in Tx and funi is located in Tx.....the package is coming from IL... never again.

I officially give up on funi.com, they are using some weird delivery service osm. What's worst is I live in Tx and funi is located in Tx.....the package is coming from IL... never again.
Yep...after they signed that deal Universal the company has gone down hill. I got the Space Dandy S2 Funi Exclusive and it took like 2 weeks to get to me. Like you it went through this 3rd party shipping and it took longer then I had ever seen it. I remember when it was USPS Media Mail and sure it was slow but at least the tracking wasn't crappy.

Would just like to say, I've been a CAG lurker for many many years and finally made an account two days ago. Thanks for posting so many great anime deals everyone! Have scored loads of great anime because of all of you who have posted here over the years.

Ugh I wonder how long it will take for them to ship my Attack on Titan blu rays I ordered on the 29th.
From other posts here, hilariously long >.>
I mean, ive ordered from funi sales snd gotten my stuff a few days later. They just oversold during the dbz sale, rightstuf does the same thing.

I mean, ive ordered from funi sales snd gotten my stuff a few days later. They just oversold during the dbz sale, rightstuf does the same thing.
To be fair, Rightstuf is a third party supplier, while Funi is the main supplier for their own releases, so in theory it shouldn't be as long of a delay all things considered.

Also, you must live really close to Funi shipping warehouse, because it usually always takes about a week for me, even at its fastest in all of my orders.

A heads up to my fellow CAGs who ordered S1 of Jojo. I just got off of a chat with an Amazon rep and he price matched my Jojo pre-order for $30 from May to the current $44 listing. I made sure to let him know that the second listing of the DVD is false. I'd say contact their support if your pre-order is still hanging with the lower price.

A heads up to my fellow CAGs who ordered S1 of Jojo. I just got off of a chat with an Amazon rep and he price matched my Jojo pre-order for $30 from May to the current $44 listing. I made sure to let him know that the second listing of the DVD is false. I'd say contact their support if your pre-order is still hanging with the lower price.
Just did this, you got a much better rep then I did. Took me 30min to get a price adjustment :/

Just did this, you got a much better rep then I did. Took me 30min to get a price adjustment :/
I'm trying to get it fixed now, they are so dense. Did you use some kind of magic words? haha

My person literally won't do it

I'm trying to get it fixed now, they are so dense. Did you use some kind of magic words? haha

My person literally won't do it
I specifically told them that I wanted to buy the 3-disk version at the price I pre-ordered it for back in May. I ended up getting charged the full amount and they are refunding me the difference once it ships.

I specifically told them that I wanted to buy the 3-disk version at the price I pre-ordered it for back in May. I ended up getting charged the full amount and they are refunding me the difference once it ships.
Here's a good chunk of my transcript. Ironically, we were both Christopher's. Hope it helps.

[SIZE=10pt]12:10 PM PDT[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Christopher: Problem is Amazon listed the DVD as two listings - they are the same product. And Amazon has the other "version" in stock. [/SIZE]
12:13 PM PDT Christopher: I see! So the one in the order is not in stock, but he have other listing on the website! I can help you look this out and see the best option available :)
12:13 PM PDT Christopher: Okay.
12:16 PM PDT Christopher: Thank you very much for waiting! In this case I can offer you the following option! We can cancel this one you have on the order so you can place another one with the one that is in stock
I also can help you with the shipping charges, and give a discount for the time that has passed since you placed it
12:17 PM PDT Christopher: Will you match the price I had when I pre-ordered it back in May?
12:19 PM PDT Christopher: Yup
12:19 PM PDT Christopher: Cool.
Sounds good to me.
12:20 PM PDT Christopher: Perfecto, I'm going to add it to your cart so you can place the order , then I can help you with the price
12:20 PM PDT Christopher: sounds good.
Let me know when it's ready.
12:21 PM PDT Christopher: You can check your cart now !
12:21 PM PDT Christopher: Thanks one sec
12:22 PM PDT Christopher: I have to place then you apply the discount, right?
place the order*
12:23 PM PDT Christopher: Exactly ! ]
12:23 PM PDT Christopher: cool
done
12:25 PM PDT Christopher: Perfect! You can check your order now
12:26 PM PDT Christopher: The Guaranteed delivery day is up to October 6 and the total for the order is $29.78
12:27 PM PDT Christopher: Thank you so much.
12:28 PM PDT Christopher: You're Welcome, is there anything else I may assist you with?
12:28 PM PDT Christopher: Nope that is all!
12:29 PM PDT Christopher: Thank you for contacting Amazon. Hope you have a great day/night. Please click on the "end chat" button to close this window.
12:29 PM PDT Christopher: You too. :)

I have done this type of work for the government and IT companies so I know what's like on the other end. Just be straight the point and ask for verification for things you aren't sure of. If you call you also have the benefit of speaking to a supervisor if the employee is unsure on what to do. In some other cases it could be 1) They are too afraid that x version is different 2) They have no idea what they're doing/they are new or worst case scenario 3) They are the off shore crew who work strictly by the "rules".

Here's a good chunk of my transcript. Ironically, we were both Christopher's. Hope it helps.

[SIZE=10pt]12:10 PM PDT[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt] Christopher: Problem is Amazon listed the DVD as two listings - they are the same product. And Amazon has the other "version" in stock. [/SIZE]
12:13 PM PDT Christopher: I see! So the one in the order is not in stock, but he have other listing on the website! I can help you look this out and see the best option available :)
12:13 PM PDT Christopher: Okay.
12:16 PM PDT Christopher: Thank you very much for waiting! In this case I can offer you the following option! We can cancel this one you have on the order so you can place another one with the one that is in stock
I also can help you with the shipping charges, and give a discount for the time that has passed since you placed it
12:17 PM PDT Christopher: Will you match the price I had when I pre-ordered it back in May?
12:19 PM PDT Christopher: Yup
12:19 PM PDT Christopher: Cool.
Sounds good to me.
12:20 PM PDT Christopher: Perfecto, I'm going to add it to your cart so you can place the order , then I can help you with the price
12:20 PM PDT Christopher: sounds good.
Let me know when it's ready.
12:21 PM PDT Christopher: You can check your cart now !
12:21 PM PDT Christopher: Thanks one sec
12:22 PM PDT Christopher: I have to place then you apply the discount, right?
place the order*
12:23 PM PDT Christopher: Exactly ! ]
12:23 PM PDT Christopher: cool
done
12:25 PM PDT Christopher: Perfect! You can check your order now
12:26 PM PDT Christopher: The Guaranteed delivery day is up to October 6 and the total for the order is $29.78
12:27 PM PDT Christopher: Thank you so much.
12:28 PM PDT Christopher: You're Welcome, is there anything else I may assist you with?
12:28 PM PDT Christopher: Nope that is all!
12:29 PM PDT Christopher: Thank you for contacting Amazon. Hope you have a great day/night. Please click on the "end chat" button to close this window.
12:29 PM PDT Christopher: You too. :)

I have done this type of work for the government and IT companies so I know what's like on the other end. Just be straight the point and ask for verification for things you aren't sure of. If you call you also have the benefit of speaking to a supervisor if the employee is unsure on what to do. In some other cases it could be 1) They are too afraid that x version is different 2) They have no idea what they're doing/they are new or worst case scenario 3) They are the off shore crew who work strictly by the "rules".
Took me 3 different people but I finally got it to happen the same way.

Thanks for the heads up, other CS reps refused to believe they were the same item.

My "dinged" copy of No Game No Life CE arrived. It looks fine to me. This might be the ding they are referring to:

peh61Ml.jpg

I don't consider this special damage compared to anything else I receive in the mail.

Very happy with this bargain. Thanks to Fajardo for the heads up ^^

I assume all of the "dings" are like that. Probably from super picky collectors (though for how expensive these things are, I would expect perfection also lol)

Just got my Kickstarter basic edition for LWA. Also great pick up on the "dinged" NGNL Set

CQk7mn4UAAEZ33Z.jpg

Just a heads up for those of you who purchased the Attack on Titan Colossal Bundle from Funimation...I received an email from them today saying, "We recently discovered that an incorrect image was shown on our website, so we wanted to clarify what was included in this bundle. Since this error is on our part, we would like to offer you $10 off your next FUNimation Store purchase. Please be sure to use the unique code below."

So check your email if you purchased this!

^ Wow, that sucks. I have yet to receive anything damaged from RS. They pack things ridiculously well.
This wasn't packing damage because of the reason you noted.

Apparently they looked at this before sending and said to themselves this is "not very noticeable", and put it into the box. ~_~

Well that's just from the Amazon storefront and mentioned it was damaged, right?
"This item is new, but one of the corners is dinged. It's not very notiecable."

This is more than a ding, and it's quite noticeable, especially considering the source of where it came from. =/

A minor smashed corner, fine, but this is was smashed pretty significantly that it also tore part of the box, so it's definitely noticeable.

bread's done
Back